Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wulf - Varekk: A comic collection

+4
Raelan
Morinth
Gesh
Rae Wulfgnar
8 posters

Go down

Wulf - Varekk: A comic collection Empty Wulf - Varekk: A comic collection

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rae Wulfgnar, a paladin from redridge. brought shame to his small Westfall community when he spent years of his life raising a young orc as his own. He now seeks to bring redemption to his name and desperately clings to the light for his only means of saving his soul and mind.

Keeping a secret

Upon the return to Westfall he had saved enough to buy a very small hut, more like a one roomed shed. This would be enough for him and his new son to live in secret, away from prying eyes. He decided to name him Varekk, an Orcish name he thought.

Varekk was two years old when he was found and by the time he was five years old Wulf could leave him on his own while he went to train with the other paladins. He trusted his son to keep hidden and away from other humans. During the day he would be off to train and study then during the night he would train his son to fight, read and write. He enjoyed every moment of looking after Varekk, they were very close and he couldnt imagine being without him.

During the ten years when Wulf had to travel to fight, he would wrap Varekk head to toe in cloth and rubbing an odd mixture on his face to try and hide the green skin. He explained to his son that he had a disease which was why his skin was green and why he looked so different to every-one else, it broke his heart to have to lie to him but it kept him from talking to the other boys or people while they were out.

Failure or Father

Being successful in sneaking the baby orcling back to camp, A young, fourteen year old Rae Wulfgnar had been bestowed with one of the biggest responsibilities of a mans life. A young child.
It had been four days since the attack on the orcs and he couldn't seem to get the baby to eat anything, instead it would cry whenever it was awake, day and night aswell as probably from hunger. It soon dawned on the young warrior the kind of task he had taken on for himself and he wasn't prepared to give up and let it die in his care. Wulf lifted the orcling up into his arms, but it squirmed and wiggled trying to push away from him. He tried his best to hold the baby close, wanting to reassure it he was there to help but his patience was wearing thin. He also felt exhausted, which probably contributed to his easily aggitated behaviour. ''Orc!'' Wulf snapped, turning the orcling to face him on his lap.
The baby orcling looked up at Wulf, eye's widened in a terrified state at his barked command.
When Wulf noticed the orclings scared expression he let out a heavy sigh. He knew the child was weak and had hunger pains, but felt helpless to do anything. He scooped up some more milk into the cup and held it out to him. ''Please, Drink this. You need it, you need it to live..'' he murmered but the orcling turned his head in disgust.

Wulf noticed the orcling wasn't interested in the milk again and he sighed softly. He sat him on his lap and removed some of the cloth from around him, letting him move around. He noticed just how boney and thin he looked underneath, he knew he was going to lose him if he wouldn't eat any time soon, the days had been rolling by. Wulf lifted the orcling up and pressed his forehead against his and closed his eyes.

''Light, give these words I’m about to speak life so that it can bring to light to what’s been done. I want you to see to it that every word that comes out of my mouth will come to life to this baby that’s hearing this. Let not one word I’m about to speak fall. He who is equal parts flesh, blood, tears, and longing, who did not deserve the pain I have caused him. I pray for my hand to heal and the chance to give him the life he would've lived, with love and compassion from a mother and a father. '' Wulf said in a soft gentle tone before laying the child on his back and laying beside him, their eyes resting upon each other. He knew he had to keep trying, he couldn't give up. He dipped his his small finger into the cup of milk and lifted it to the orcs lips. To his suprise the orc now started to suckle on it, tasting the milk. Wulf couldn't help but smile but it was soon replaced with a loud yelp, the orc had bitten his finger. He recoiled, clutching his bleeding finger. The orc started licking at the blood that had dripped on his clothes hungrily and held out his arms to Wulf for more. It was the blood he wanted, he should've known. Wulf leaned to the side to find his dagger and promptly pressed the blade into his palm. He squeezed his hand so that the blood woud drip into the milk, he then offered it to the baby orc. Delighted, the baby lapped up the milk in a matter of seconds and let out a soft burp. Wulf chuckled softly, stroking babies cheek in affection as he dozed off to sleep. ''I guess it would be proper to name you, I shall call you Varekk and I'm proud for you to be my son, little one.'' Wulf whispered softly.
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Wulf - Varekk: A comic collection Empty Re: Wulf - Varekk: A comic collection

Post by Gesh Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:04 pm

A really enjoyable, as well as enlightening read. Particularly fond of how the drawings helped communicate the story.

" MOOOOORRREEE! " Very Happy
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:15 pm

... IS THAT VEE GETTIN' HIS TOOSH WASHED? Very Happy AHAHAHA!

<333333333 he's so cute.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Rae. I see what you did there.

Very Happy
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:29 am

Omg! SO CUTE!

*Wails*
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:55 am

Cool story, great art too. To think it will one day be butchering humans... <3

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silferdrake Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:12 am

Quite nicely done indeed.
Silferdrake
Silferdrake

Character sheet
Name: Steven Silferdrake
Title: Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:47 am

Oh wow, thanks for the comments! They mean a lot! I was a little afraid to post my stories here as they are quite personal to me, but not many know my characters to well apart from a select few. So I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy playing them and drawing/writing them! I hope to include others characters too that I have interacted with. =)
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:06 am

<3 Devilstep loves you, keep the good stuff coming.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down