Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Returning to WoW -- In need of a fresh start

3 posters

Go down

Returning to WoW -- In need of a fresh start Empty Returning to WoW -- In need of a fresh start

Post by Kil'drakor Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:12 pm

So, as the title says I will be renewing my subscription within the coming weeks and I am in need of a new challenge. I was thinking of creating a guild that fits the niche which I think is not filled at the moment -- in the Horde, at least. The question is: would anyone feel up for it to take this enchanting (*cough*) journey with me? From past experience I have found it quite hard to start and maintain a guild without a core playerbase. It seemed appropriate to 'do it the right way' this time, and gather some support up front.

What I am suggesting is a role-playing guild that is not shy of role-playing in instances or any PvE setting. Quite frankly, I want more drama in my role-play than sitting around a campfire, strolling through a town or drinking in a pub can offer. No offense to those who do enjoy it! And RP-PvP is still a lot of fun, but after the fifth Theramore vs. Brackenwall and the twentieth Southshore vs. Tarren Mill battle it's starting to get slightly repetative.

I have already thought of a concept: a ragtag group of warmongers that wants to defend the Horde's interests against encroaching threats. Basically this group is divided in smaller divisions, or 'warbands' (containing around five members each), and every division has an honorary nickname, which is quite common in the military. In example "The King's Men", although that hardly applies for the Horde. However, this concept is still very crude, and is not binding whatsoever. The most important thing is that people are interested in the beforementioned idea of incorporating more PvE into RP. And, obviously, that you are keen on role-playing.

Additionally, I want to bring the whole 'Risk'-esque idea ("battlefield project") into effect too, even though it may sound a bit out of reach. You know, the idea in which the regions of Azeroth are conquered by both faction's armies. For more information about that idea, check out this thread.

I know this might get some negative feedback, mainly because there is some controversy surrounding the killing of certain bosses in instances In Character. But rest assured: it's not our intention to claim to have killed Anub'Rekhan or Arthas to the outside world. Heck, we might have been a part of killing some characters, but that will be kept indoors. Another option would be to simply imagine that we are killing someone else. Just because there's a floating name over a mob's head, doesn't mean we can't pretend that it's someone/something else.

Last edited by Gnash on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Returning to WoW -- In need of a fresh start Empty Re: Returning to WoW -- In need of a fresh start

Post by Elízabéth Moren Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:49 pm

For the PvE its like a Horde version of Whitestar which sounds good, and I generally think this would be a good guild so good luck Smile!
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Returning to WoW -- In need of a fresh start Empty Re: Returning to WoW -- In need of a fresh start

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:39 pm

If I had Vargosh. And you did this on Gnash. I'd have followed you to the end.

Good luck, tho!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:49 pm

I just checked Whitestar out. And it indeed does have some similarities regarding the stance to RP and PvE.

Thanks for pointing that out. I truly hadn't noticed.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Lies and deceit, Convert to Undeath and join the Cult, We want you, and you want... CAEK!? PIE!? COOKIE!?

WE HAS ALL AND THE SHADOW'S EMBRACE!

Returning to WoW -- In need of a fresh start Cookie-monster3-7769871237963363

Convert to Undeath, Gnash. Join us!
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:37 am

Whitestar went kaput recently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:28 pm

@ Exilius: Sure, send me the moneh to race-change. I'll give you my bank-account number to make the transfer, if you feel like a samaritan.

@ Saali: I am not afraid that you'll jynx it, really. It's not quite the same concept as Whitestar, but as I said it has some similarities. RIP, <Whitestar> -- you will be missed.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Ah, it sounded that you'd faction transfer and stuff to join Whitestar.
I'm sure it can work out Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down