Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Property.

+31
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
erwtenpeller
Braiden
Azmariel
Morty
Ave/Sariella
Rmuffn
Drustai
itsy
Lexgrad
Raelan
Sullee Swiftspeech
Ledgic
Zhakiri
Eowale
Geldar
Feydor
Silferdrake
Ondius
Grufftoof
Timna
Mandui
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aleric
Nessra Sunwhisper
Thelos
Jeanpierre
Killian
Lavian
Lorainne/Bridlington
Amaryl
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Property. - Page 2 Empty Re: Property.

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:01 pm

grufftoof wrote:Less of the RP being like an unsatisfying quickie behind a nightclub. Brief, disappointing, and neither party managed to get what they want. Plus you get cold brick pressing on your arse.

I disapprove of your disapproval of quickies behind a nightclub. Nobody said such quickies and the good stuff have to be mutually exclusive.

But on a more serious note, I think the angle of this discussion is as much a point in the debate than the topic. I do think a good discussion is a step forward in improving the sense of community, but I must humbly admit I have not seen many conflicts in housing. I have seen people ask about housing more often than I've seen them claim witlessly.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Jeanpierre/Ragnilde wrote:There is only the point to keep Respect in mind and to communicate eachother's needs to find a workable solution.

I can only agree fullheartedly with this! I think what we had going here JP is an agreement at the heart of the matter, but a disagreement on the surface because we looked at the problem from opposite perspectives. Of course I am not going to argue (and with "me" I think I like to think I am speaking on behalf of the rebellious, youthful go-getter roleplayers with fresh ideas everywhere, do correct me if I'm wrong) - that a well established organisation needs to make way for spur-of-the-moment roleplaying initiatives. That would just be plain silly. Like cancelling a million man mega festival that has been planned for years for one family that decided to hold their picknick at the festival grounds that particular weekend.

The point I was trying to make is when players are trying to show intiative, everything should be reach out to them and make them comfortable. It's really a darn shame when positive creative energies get snuffed out by the corporate machine. That's the other side of the medallion. Just think of my post as a cautionairy tale never to let the bureacracy get in the way of creativity.

So, basicly, this:

Jeanpierre/Ragnilde wrote:There is no default solution.

*Sagely nod*
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Thelos wrote:
That would just be plain silly. Like cancelling a million man mega festival that has been planned for years for one family that decided to hold their picknick at the festival grounds that particular weekend.

A very nice comparison.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:25 pm

Thelos wrote:
The point I was trying to make is when players are trying to show intiative, everything should be reach out to them and make them comfortable. It's really a darn shame when positive creative energies get snuffed out by the corporate machine. That's the other side of the medallion. Just think of my post as a cautionairy tale never to let the bureacracy get in the way of creativity.

Oh, definitely! I think, as so often, we agree on most levels Thelos and it is a matter of explaining how we get to the same point Smile
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Where is this thread on ownership of the Lamb, and City Hall, did I miss something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Silferdrake Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Indeed, it's really rather silly to claim a building in a major hub as "your own", especially when it comes to personal property considering how few regular houses that are available in the capital cities. Does this mean that you can't RP one of the buildings to be your house? Of course not, you just have to deal with the fact that someone else are probably going to be using that building as well. 99% of the time, you won't even be aware of the other "owners".

Public establishments are a bit more difficult. I whole heartedly encourage that some guilds RP ownerships of bars (where would we otherwise go to enjoy our favourite poisons?) but they should be prepared that others will want to do that as well and that they do not have any OOC claim to the place.

Compromise and respect is indeed the keys here, will I barge into the SW council chambers on a meeting night to hold a birthday banquette for myself? No. Will I deny access to the people wanting to RP an assassination in the building I've picked out at my house? No (unless it's me they wish to assassinate Wink )

Buildings should, to simplify, be treated as stuff on a playground. You wouldn't push down a kid on the swings because you want to use it yourself (unless you're super mean). You can either stand in line or ask if you can play together. But it's not that kids swing, another day you may be the person on it.
Silferdrake
Silferdrake

Character sheet
Name: Steven Silferdrake
Title: Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:14 pm

Perturbo wrote:Where is this thread on ownership of the Lamb, and City Hall, did I miss something?

Front page of the Looking For Roleplay section.

https://defiasrp.forumotion.net/t3846-eotdr-slaughtered-lamb-ooc-guard-meeting

https://defiasrp.forumotion.net/t3647-potential-ownership-of-the-slaughtered-lamb

This is only 1/4 of the negotiations and effort to go about this, much more was done through personal messaging and in game OOC meetings.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:24 pm

whatever guys, if you try to claim the dwarven streets as your own...
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Buildings should, to simplify, be treated as stuff on a playground. You wouldn't push down a kid on the swings because you want to use it yourself (unless you're super mean). You can either stand in line or ask if you can play together. But it's not that kids swing, another day you may be the person on it.

^ This, claiming does not work, ownership does not work. You can 'claim' it as your own when you join Blizzard's dev team and create said building. Everyone should be allowed to use the building they like as long as they can manage to not cross the others who are RPing in there previously.

If there are people RPing in it, wait for them to finish and do your thing. Or do it when they are not around if they are active in it. But forbidding someone to RP in a place you 'own' even if you do not RP in it during the time the other party wishes to use it is simply brain dead.

In two words, Compromise and Respect as said above.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Nnngh. I still remember how many people claimed the pub in the old Park District before Deathwing facefucked it. There were seriously some new gang/brothel/shady/cultists owning that single tavern once a week.
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:48 pm

I'd just like to say that I wholly agree with this, Amy. For example, the Dabyrie Farmstead in Arathi is used by both the Thorgints, as the Thorgint Farmstead and the Dawnweavers, as the Dawnweaver Estate. It's just the Model we use, and share. With absolutely no problems. You should never be greedy.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:20 pm

We managed to share even the Blade when the need arose. And considering how set in stone that was for 90% of the community, I don't see where the hardship comes from x)
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Yeah you guys shared it with the Deadmines quest givers constantly ;D
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:44 pm

Hooray for logic and sanity! \o/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:32 am

Janak wrote:Hooray for logic and sanity! \o/
Does not belong here!
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:22 pm

I think we where going to discuss selling the rights to the Lamb to Ravenholdt. I said I was up for it but I needed to consult the other 3/4 of leadership in the eyes. I said -some- may not be happy with giving it up. Ravenholdt decided it wasn't worth the hastle of discussing it so they decided to take the Blue Recluse. There where no problems.. only patience was needed.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Just a heads up..
The Broken District will begin to wander around Elwynn, Westfall and Redridge in a few weeks. We'll occasionally be based in a barn, random house, tent-camp or anything else suited for poor rebels. We'll be travelling around to not catch too much attention.
If someone disagrees with these plans, please tell me.

I personally think some RP around random spots in Elwynn would be nice. Anyone is welcome to RP with us outside, be it friend or for. Very Happy
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:55 pm

@ Forseti, you're a UNICORN who clearly aint an old UNICORN of this community, and I in -my sole opinion- (but probably not) think you should shove a sock in it, because clearly you're too green to ever have witnessed how much the Blade did for this server. Colorful UNICORN.

TL;DR Herpaderpa mienz

Mod Edit: UNICORNS, Raelan. UNICORNS.

Last edited by Morty on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:30 pm

I wont condone people abusing others on the forum. For what it is worth, anyy chance of making anything happen will die due to this attitude.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:35 pm

Tell that to him bro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelan Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:37 pm

I'm not known to be nice. I'm known as a blunt UNICORN (Definatly if the person in question is being a UNICORN himself). But a blunt UNICORN who usually speaks what's on the mind of most people. And he's clearly very disrespecting to a UNICORN of this community who's been actively contributing to this server since it's earliest days.
If Forseti would've been here back in the days, he wouldn't even think about saying no. He'd give it up, and bend over while he's at it.

I haven't ever seen anyone here ask for the Northern Soul to come back. But the Blade? That's another story entirely.
Raelan
Raelan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:43 pm

Well under that reasoning should the Blades walk out and let them use the Pig? If they are using the building its got to be respected.

I would love to see the guilds solve this man to man in whisper and then there will not be any need for flaming or abuse at all.

Last edited by Lexgrad on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:45 pm

Cos he showed so much respect aswell?!

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:46 pm

While the Sanctuary had a shitty attitude you can't really expect people to just kowtow to other players simply because they've been on the server longer Rolling Eyes
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: