Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yo Dawg! We heard you got some political correctness!

+15
Shriyaro
Kil'drakor
Aadaria-Ioanna
Gallandria
Lexius
Zhakiri
Raelan
Aerandier
(Goggy) - Exilius
Nayan
Sanari
Rasonal Dranger
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Geldar
Gunnell
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Yo Dawg! We heard you got some political correctness! - Page 3 Empty Re: Yo Dawg! We heard you got some political correctness!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Mods do their job;
But please, don't turn these forums American, with instant 24 hour ban for the word nigger.

That is all.

Back to top Go down

Yo Dawg! We heard you got some political correctness! - Page 3 Empty Re: Yo Dawg! We heard you got some political correctness!

Post by Sanara Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Marrenus wrote:But please, don't turn these forums American, with instant 24 hour ban for the word nigger.

I'm pretty sure that's not a signature trait of American forums...
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:54 pm

Merandil wrote:
Marrenus wrote:But please, don't turn these forums American, with instant 24 hour ban for the word nigger.

I'm pretty sure that's not a signature trait of American forums...

*waves*

It's not. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Marrenus wrote:Mods do their job;
But please, don't turn these forums American, with instant 24 hour ban for the word nigger.

That is all.

*goes to get the bann hammer*
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:46 am

....whatcha talkin' bout, nigger? D:

But no, seriously. I'd hate to see that amount of moderating too. One can type "nazi" without supporting mass-murder and genocides -.- I am not a fan of demonizing faces and words. Yes, I can post a picture of Hitler without supporting his ideals. He did exist, closing our eyes and denying it, like an ostrich, "pretending it doesn't exist, till it goes away" is at the very least dangerous.

However, people who want to create trouble, will create trouble no matter what amount of moderating you put.

- Want to censor everything? "OMG YOU PURITANISTS, YOU CENSOR EVERYTHING!"
- Want to let people post whatever? "OMG MODS DONT DO SHIT, THEY JUST GOT THEIR CUSHY SEAT AND PLAY ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY, BEING LAZY"
- Want to moderate over-the-line content and leave people talk freely otherwise? "OMG MODS ARE BAD, WHY DID YOU CENSOR THIS AND NOT THAT?" (and that goes for every given balance of "crop/leave" you choose, as we'll never ALL agree to ONE line)

Either way you see it, either way you do it, there is no "fullproof" path. And as Shriyaro pointed out, "authority" (can't say it without chuckling a bit, tbh, what "authority"? moderating an internet forum for roleplaying is "authority"? >_>) is ofc subject to criticism. But when it's needed, not 25/8 on every step. If I ever see that I have more cases of questioning than of actually moderating, I'll simply not bother cause it's not worth the time wasted, frankly.

As for Nyg's post, although I fully agree it'd be a good thing if that actually happened, I don't see any "greater problems" here that this thread benefitted. And if someone did have such an issue, I'm very sure that there's at least two better ways to resolve it.

One is by directly contacting a moderator with a PM, stating their problem and asking (decently and politely) for cooperation in resolving it (which we are all for), or making a decent thread stating their concern and requesting it be examined. That's what we do.

The second is seeing a thread by [Nygarth], titled "A pending concern" and saying "Hello there, folks. Reason I made this topic is that I am a bit worried regarding [this] case, where [this & this] happened. Personally, I feel uncomfortable reading this, as it's not something I consider to be acceptable, on the contrary I find it offending. Mind stepping in and taking care of this?" is exactly what a moderator would help with (or give solid reasons as to why he won't, if there are). It's exactly what would be seen as a "good will" topic in regards to moderating, helpful, not "attacking", not "offending"...

Is it that complicated to understand that when you ask for someone's help you have better chances at getting help than when you try to insult them about it?

Is it so hard to have manners and consider that the person you address is not your god damn slave who should do your bidding?

(clarification, because I used the name : not directed to Nygarth, ofc, just a general statement)
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Lancelot Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 am

Politics sucks.

'nuff said

*leaves the thread*

Sir Lancelot

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:22 am

I just think, as I have stated throughout the thread, that religion is the line you shouldn't cross. I find it highly offensive, even as a non christian that anyone would look at something taking the piss out of islam, and delete it, then not do the same to the christian piss take.

Yes, you are the moderators of the forum and thus the authority.

The only greater problem I'm seeing is the one I am attempting to convey, as this thread actually opened my eyes to the issue which is why I am viewing my opinion here. Instead of using the other methods, even though I have spoken to Saihna on the matter individually.

Oh, and I really don't think I have...But if I have. I apologise for coming across like I'm ordering you to deal with my issues. My only intention is to open your eyes to other problems within the forum, for example the Alteracian's RSP pisstake posts (which I've still not recieved any infomation about by the way, Geldar), and the christian piss take videos.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:45 am

I'd like to add that I'd be keen on seeing the drama threads minimised. This one, in example, has been too much of a time-waster already. I spend too much time keeping track of the latest developments.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexius Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:46 am

Nygarth/Rir'rae wrote:I just think, as I have stated throughout the thread, that religion is the line you shouldn't cross. I find it highly offensive, even as a non christian that anyone would look at something taking the piss out of islam, and delete it, then not do the same to the christian piss take.

Yes, you are the moderators of the forum and thus the authority.

The only greater problem I'm seeing is the one I am attempting to convey, as this thread actually opened my eyes to the issue which is why I am viewing my opinion here. Instead of using the other methods, even though I have spoken to Saihna on the matter individually.

Oh, and I really don't think I have...But if I have. I apologise for coming across like I'm ordering you to deal with my issues. My only intention is to open your eyes to other problems within the forum, for example the Alteracian's RSP pisstake posts (which I've still not recieved any infomation about by the way, Geldar), and the christian piss take videos.

Nygarth,

I know Geldar has been busy with the issue's concerning the RSP thread.

As to the christian vids posts here a responce. Geldar is just one volunteer moderator. You can not expect him to single handingly solve all your issue's with the snap of his fingers. Anyway we are not here to threath Christian video's differently then islam. If for example someone would post Achmed the dead terrorist we would not delete it. If someone would post a comic about a priest having intercourse with boys we would delete it obviously. There is a big differance between the two. Same differance between a video about a childrens show made by christians and a badly crafted comic about a terrorist slaughtering people.

However if there are specific posts about christians you find offending. Please Pm me them so I can take a look later today and discuss it with the other moderators. However have some patientce because I am at work right now.
Lexius
Lexius

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:14 pm

All the posts have been removed for a good while now, and while this overly induced with Rage Against the Machine Conversation continues i hereby would like to finally state that now Nygarth can sleep calmly at night knowing the posts were removed. As on a serious note i somehow think the moderators are only to give a explenation to their superiours (the admins) or to the people who have requested the removal about the removal of such posts, seeing you aint any of the two i dont see how anyone owes you a explenation of the work done Razz
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerandier Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:16 pm

I demand the lock of this heretic Thread!

Na, seriously speaking. i think all has been spoken, it should be locked. *nods*

As a Replacement I shall open a carebear thread with innocent fruit bears.
Aerandier
Aerandier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:37 pm

And fruit bats! Or flying foxes as they are also called!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:06 pm

...just avoid fruit flies.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:24 pm

Lets be honest now, there aint shit to moderate so you've got to do something to atleast pretend eyes are beeing kept on these forums.

PS. Stop beeing "american"
PPS.
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerandier Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:56 pm

*taps foot as he waits for thread to be locked and unleash a thread about fruit stuff.*
Aerandier
Aerandier

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:59 pm

Last time I checked, Geldar, they werent. Thanks for clearing that up though. Oh and I was the person who requested you deleted the pisstake posts, thanks. If you remember I asked you to remove all posts on the topic -including- the post I made requesting removal. As you've done that, it's sorted. Thanks.

Lexius, I singled out Geldar for two reasons. One being that he himself personally locked the islam thread and deleted the content and two, I asked him in the thread the pisstake RSP's to remove them. The video's I am now asking to be deleted are in the random talk thread, they may have been made by christians for christians but they wasn't posted here with good intentions, no, they were posted to point and laugh at. Which is offensive, not to me to personally but to people that feel that the religion is being demeaned by the video. Imagine someone, who is a hardcore english christian which is extremely feasible, visits the forum and upon viewing the video, is most likely extremely disgusted by the patheticness the amercians have spun on it and how it completely makes his religion a laughing stock. Yes, I know that it was made by christians but it was made for christian children, not for people with a clue and beside the point who it was made by it still has a very high chance to offend a christian therefore shouldn't really be here...Regardless, as I've stated the Islam poster was deleted which for your infomation was made by Gorge's MUSLIM friend with the same intention of laughing at the stupidity of various aspects of the religion. It was deleted regardless and thus I feel the doughnut video should be, nit picking it maybe it should still be looked at.

This is the link to the post- https://defiasrp.forumotion.net/general-chat-f5/tzeentch-s-thread-of-everchanging-topics-t274-165.htm

Oh and while you all say that you volunteered and that it isn't your complete responsibility to deal with the forum users issues, which ok...Your a team I shouldn't have singled out one Mod regardless of my reasons above, your still here to moderate offensive material, for -EVERYONE- not yourself. If you don't think so you volunteered for the wrong job.

---------------------

After speaking Nayan, in PM's/Ingame I feel I have got my point across. Suggestions have been given as how to resolve it and I put my full faith into the Moderator's to deal with it. End of posts for me.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:48 pm

After speaking with Nayan ingame, perhaps you should scroll up and re-read, cause Nayan also politely asked you to stop repeating yourself Razz Also, Nayan gave you an entire different light and a full explanation on the subject you raise (yet again) with your last post. As you did concede it could be just you misinterpreting it, I was assured there would be no further poking at this dead horse. Guess I was wrong. ]Edit for correctness]: My mistake there, saw the post after the talk and perceived it to have been posted afterwards. Apologies for that mistake.

Aerandier is waiting for his fruit thread, so I will be closing this one, since no substantial input seems to exist.

If you have a concern about a post or a thread, report it, explain your concern, and let the moderating team do their job. Just don't think this is some sort of "on-demand" service. Just because you see it one way, doesn't necessarily mean your way will be the prevailing one.

Last edited by Nayan on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected)
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3