Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

{Wpvp} Wintergarde will burn

3 posters

Go down

{Wpvp} Wintergarde will burn Empty {Wpvp} Wintergarde will burn

Post by Visceril Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:40 pm

Ok..I have a idea of many little RP'd skirmishes in Northrend, that eventually escalate
into a large scale battle in Dragonblight! I've always wanted to utilise the game mechanics
of the BG's into a arching storyline that changes it's course dependant on actual wins in BG's.

Very Basic Example:
Cannot continue a storyline that requires a particular item until 3 wins in WSG is met.
For instance say Visceril needed kaldorei war resource where abouts and it was leaked
that a list was encased in a chest within Silverwing Hold. The only way I would RP actually
getting the item was to win WSG 3 times in a set amount of time.

Using this technique I want to formulate a story that uses a number of guilds both from the
red and blue team. To advance in said story each guild must meet the required PvP
challenges set to them. Perhaps from either opposite the opposite faction, using a IC
spy that relays battle plans. (When in fact we can all see the plans up here on these forums)?
The only way to win this event is to complete the challenges and to kill the spy all IC.

Now I know this potentially could be a waste of time and energy but if done right, I think
it'll be great for ongoing RP. Using this forum we can keep on track of the progress, like
Orcish battle plans can be made up and posted up here for all to see.

The storyline I'm proposing is this:

Visceril has been captured by a Scarlet Crusade patrol in the Western Plaguelands. Due to his
Dark Apothecary and Goblin Engineering implants they are experimenting on him to see if what
the Forsaken are up to now, and of course to turn it around so they have this resource to use on
forsaken and scourge. Visceril will get rescued, but he himself see's not the Scarlet Crusade and
the Humans of Stormwind, but much just filthy humans. Much the same vision the Scarlets have
on forsaken and scourge.

He'll formulate a plan to destroy an Iconic Alliance stronghold which will be Wintergarde.
First though he must find a way to do this, Visceril will found out about the bomb within the belly
of the Skybreaker. It's at this is the point that he must gather intel on the Skybreaker and the bomb.

This is where it could get tricky, I want ideas on the items/events needed so Visceril/Horde have enough
intel so they can successfully attack the Skybreaker, steal the bomb and fly it to wintergarde and drop it.
Now utlimately this will never happen because I think it'll be metagaming. So a mid air attack on the horde
will happen and they will drop the bomb before they reach the target!

Below are some random ideas I have so far for the some events/items needed:

* Attacks on the Alliance Air Control Platform to gather intel on the flight patterns of the Skybreaker. But as there is a spy
* Winning Arathi Basin 3 times OOC which equals RP'ing capturing a Dwarf with knowledge about the bomb couplings

Please let me know all your thoughts/ideas!! After all I think this is a good idea but it needs refining.
Visceril
Visceril

Character sheet
Name: Visceril Strain
Title: Deathstalker

Back to top Go down

{Wpvp} Wintergarde will burn Empty Re: {Wpvp} Wintergarde will burn

Post by Geldar Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:34 am

While this event sounds interesting and something definetly worth investing time and effort in, some concerns:

1. The destruction of a settlement in any form across Azeroth which is asociated with the game lore in some way might prove dificult to play out, what i mean is that i think it would be somewhat hard to imagine how the Skybreaker will fly over and bomb Wintergarde into a smoldering crater as for that you already said a attack from mid air which would be interesting. Just though many people couldnt RP out having Darkshire burned down several times, aswell as Redridge and other various cities and towns.

2. Making people accept it, mind you Wintergarde keep is a hub for a certain group of RPers who are there, best discuss it with them first before considering doing this bounce

3. The whole PvP battleground immersion might be a bit too much for some people as they would prefer to do this and this in RP gear, now i aint saying its a bad idea..but as a suggestion, why not carry out the events with a time limit in the respectful zones? WSG - Ashenvale, AB - Arathi and so forth and so forth, have the respectful guilds and their allies set up defense along the area, get a time limit and roll out. Personally it would be awesome to have a aerial attack on the skybreaker with people defending it Shocked
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Visceril Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:56 pm

1. I was not clear enough on the whole Stealing the bomb. My bad. My initial idea is to have 6 players on wyverns RP'ing that they are carrying the bomb toward wintergarde.

2. Also I was not clear that I do not want to actually bomb wintergarde as I know it's a RP hub. I wanted an Alliance air attack on the
Wyverns so they drop it. either it detonated or not?

3. Perhaps i was being ambitious to think that using BG's to make the events more pvp orientated. I agree that using the actual World
would make for better RP attacks.

Thank you for your comments, I've taken them on board and it will change the format to suit!
Visceril
Visceril

Character sheet
Name: Visceril Strain
Title: Deathstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:24 pm

Visceril wrote:1. I was not clear enough on the whole Stealing the bomb. My bad. My initial idea is to have 6 players on wyverns RP'ing that they are carrying the bomb toward wintergarde.

2. Also I was not clear that I do not want to actually bomb wintergarde as I know it's a RP hub. I wanted an Alliance air attack on the
Wyverns so they drop it. either it detonated or not?

3. Perhaps i was being ambitious to think that using BG's to make the events more pvp orientated. I agree that using the actual World
would make for better RP attacks.

Thank you for your comments, I've taken them on board and it will change the format to suit!

With that said, I would realy like to see it on board. Can work very well!
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down