Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Myst and Nyx Sindorei sisters in crime

Go down

Myst and Nyx Sindorei sisters in crime Empty Myst and Nyx Sindorei sisters in crime

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Nearly one and a half year ago I wished to apply to the Sixty Thieves together with a fellow guildie of mine, however once we had written the story he did no longer want to. The idea was put aside and our application withdrawn. While browsing today I found the story again on my computer and figured to add it in my growing library here on the forums. I try not to read into it too much, it's so long ago and the second story I ever wrote. Compared to now I facepalm at myself xD

-----------------------

Nyx is scanning the now almost deserted Wayfarer's rest, her eyes absorbing every detail while keeping her motionless crouched stance in the shadows. her gaze lingers on the large tauren that has been ordering one mug of dwarven stout after the other within the last half hour.
Nodding to herself she decides that it is time to start their plan. Unnoticed and with agile motions she starts heading towards the exit. When setting foot upon the grand stairs of the bazaar a subtle breezes ruffles her hair. With a quick glance over the bazaar she observes the late passengers that are making their way home. After spotting a young female elf she starts moving again, swiftly approaching the woman that is stroking a giant catlike beast that is producing some content purring sounds while it's fur is gently caressed.
The female is staring in front of her, with a blank and unreadable expression. Nyx is now sneaking up to her but the cat is alert and notices her approach, tiliting his head up at the exact same moment as his misstres, as if they are conected in body and mind.
Mist curls her lips into a small smile "What took you so long sister ?"
Stepping out of the shadows and straightening her stance with a quick glance over the bazaar Nyx starts grinning underneath her mask keeping her voice low "It's time to start movin' sis"
After giving her sister a sharp nod mist jumps gracefully to her feet, her pet following her example
"No, you may stay outside for now"

With the same neutral expression as earlier on her face mist starts to make her way inside the inn, Nyx gliding trough her beloved shadows right behind her. Passing by the mighty tauren that is swaying on his feet while he makes his way out of the inn himself.
Behind the counter of the bar stands a tall and pale young elf who was recently hired to tend the bar and serve the customers who want to rent a room for the night. Noticing mist entering the room he starts smiling politely.
"A good evening miss, can I be at your service tonight ?"
Being the master of deception mist starts her distracting manoeuvre
"A good evening to you aswel sir, I am looking for a warm and comfortable room to spend the night"

Standing close to her sister Nyx' eyes are starting to sparkle in admiration while a sly smirk spreads on her masked face ... her sister was such a good liar !

"Then you have come to the most perfect place miss, the wayfarer is well known for his comfort and luxury"
Surpressing a chuckle, Nyx moves out of the way and scans the empty room one more time to avoid any disturbance and unwelcome surprises.
"That sounds very promising sir, I am tired after a long journey, could you show me the rooms please ?"

Without giving her answer, stunned by the charming smile from Mist the innkeeper motions her to follow him upstairs.
Together they walk up the stairs and finally Nyx is alone, concentrating on the voices and conversation above her she moves towards the counter swiftly. her trained body crouching down and jumping over the bar in one subtle move, landing right in front of the cashdrawer.
In the shadows her eyes are starting to brighten up in exitement, grinning wider after opening the drawer and restracting the contents of gold and silver coins into the small leather pouch on her belt with skilled and gready hands.
Just after she binds the cords of the sachel she hears the voice of the innkeeper that is walking down the stairs again, recognising the lightfooted movements of her sister right behind him, she leaps down for another jump over the counter, landing on her feet silently.

"Now that would be all rooms that I have available, wich one can I offer you for tonights stay miss ?"

Nyx starts heading towards the exit, not noticing that the innkeeper has taken his former position behind his bar glancing down the drawer that she forgot to close after her theft. His eyes narrow for a brief moment then a sudden tought makes him to look up again at Mist, everything fitting perfectly into the stories he has heard before.
"They all look very fine sir, but I must admit that I am used to more luxury than this, I thank you for your time but I think I"ll have to start searching again"
Now the innkeepers eyes fling wide open and he leaps forward grabbing Mist's arm forcefully
"Oh no .... you are not going anywhere, I know who you are, I have heard people talk about the charming young elf who distracts them, then they go back to whatever they where doing, noticing that all possesion have gone"
"You have the wrong person sir, now I suggest that you let go of my arm before I yell for any guards" Is the neutral and innocent answer
But guards weren't needed, Nyx who was about to leave the inn had heard it all and making her way back towards the young male, growling silently to herself while reaching down for her dagger, and with one smooth flick of her wrist she trows it towards the innkeepers head, missing it by inches to scare him, The blade of the dagger burrying itself into the wall right behind him.
Surprised by the dagger coming out of nowhere he loosens the grip on mists arm, who quickly takes a few steps back, bringing her fingers to her mouth whistling in a low tone and reaching to her back at the same moment to grab her bow.
The sisters have worked together so many times that everything happens perfectly organised and within seconds.
Without leaving the shadows nyx strides forward stopping the movement of the terrified looking elf that is reaching down for his own dagger, only to find that it has already been taken from it's belt and being held against his bare neck.
The cat enters the inn, running towards it's owner, growling in a menacing way and baring it's teeth.

"What now" Nyx hisses from the shadows towards her sister with a frustrated glow in her eyes, yet still with the same grin underneath her mask.
She knew that tone in her sisters voice and knew what intentions came with it "No ..... too much risk, just give him a warning"
Mist held her bow straight, an arrow ready to shoot right into the innkeepers chest if he moved.

"Allright" is the only menacing answer and without any further explanation nyx makes a swift movement, the blade of the dagger slicing trough the soft and warm skin of the man, a soft whimper emerging from him when the slight cut starts to bleed.
"Tell ... anyone about this, and the next cut won't be that shallow"
Pulling back the dagger and crossing the short distance between her and her sister, Nyx is starting to get anxious and tugs her sister arm roughly, dragging her along to leave the place.
At the far end of the bazaar she finally let go of the arm, straigtening her pose and showing herself to her sister, her eyes showing the same worry when they whisper at the exact same moment
"Run ?!"
"Where to ?"
"...... Let's take the orb"

And so they started to run in full speed towards sunfury spire, taking the bright globe of translocation to the ruins.
Panting slightly and walking to the center of the ruins, Mist suddenly comes to a halt in front of a large wanted poster, curious as she can be she starts reading it, Nyx impatient as always reading with her while tapping her foot.
They finished reading together, turning their heads towards eachother, Nyx pulls down her mask with a sly smirk on her face
"yes .... let's find them" mist answers the silent question of her sister
"Yes, let's join them" Nyx finishes the thoughts of her sister taking her hand and running into the Undercity.

Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down