Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Brothers (A Thorgint Tale)

4 posters

Go down

The Brothers (A Thorgint Tale) Empty The Brothers (A Thorgint Tale)

Post by Rmuffn Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:55 pm

A story of Nygarth and Faralan Thorgint not many months before Faralan leaves.
Any language spoken in the story is said in arathorian and not common.
This story can be considered a prequel of the story Nygarth wrote as a response to Sharyssa's story, by the way. Smile Piece of the puzzle.

The Brothers

The wind gently soars past the wooden sword Nygarth swing in the air as he run through the streets of Stromgarde. The sword, carved and shaped by his father, Arran Thorgint, had only just been finished, in a boyish laughter the eight-year old lad keeps running and swinging his sword, not paying attention to his surroundings, he is in his fantasies on an epic adventure.

Nygarth makes a swift turn around a corner, ending up in a dark and small alley, being so busy in his own mind he does not notice the older boy he collides with.
"Well, aint it the lil' cunt Thorgint. Got a new toy, eyh?" The boy forcefully grabs the sword from Nygarth, whom only just shocked out of his daydreaming.
Nygarth pays little note to caution as he instantly swings a curled fist for the boys face.
"Give it back!"
Nygarth notices the larger boy next to the one he just punched far too late, a punch hitting his stomache winding the air out of him, is struck from said boy.
The first boy swings a fist of his own to Nygarth's face, the poor boy staggering back against a wall, but he does not yield, vigilantly he attempts to tower up.

The two boys unfortunately gets in a couple of more punches on Nygarth, while the obvious leader spits out a few insults, or mocking words over the toy sword.

Nygarth is now cowering, attempting to protect his face, he see no way out of his situation, the alley is small and dark, no one to see them, no one to stop the bullies. A heavy rock starts to grow in Nygarth's stomache, having shown enough resistance, he still feels that this he might not get out of without crying.

The leader boy strikes yet again, but his fist is grabbed. An even older boy, perhaps twelve years stands there infront of them suddenly, his face is stern and clearly angry. The leader boy attempts to gets his arm back, but the older boy's grip is too strong.
The newcomer moves fowards as he twists the grabbed arm around the back of the leader boy, making sure to hurt the boy as he does so.

The leader boy yelps as he's eventually pushed onto his feet. His larger friend, the lackey boy attempts to punch the newcomer across the face, but the newcomer parries the punch and pushes him backwards.

The leader boy attempts to get up quickly, but is noticed, hence the newcomer sends a downcut punch across his face, the boy falling down again and starts to cry from the pain.
A swine-ish scream is heard as the larger boy, the lackey charges towards the newcomer, the newcomer deflects yet another punch as he sidesteps ahead, one single rough and well aimed punch on the lackey's throat is dealt.

The larger boy falls face first to the ground, twitching inhumanly while gurgling, but shortly the twitching ends, and a puddle of blood forms around the face.
His friend, the leader boy notices the other boys' actions, horror quickly spreads over his face as he gets up on his feet, running out of the alley while crying.

The newcomer grabs the toy sword and roughly pulls Nygarth up on his feet.
"We need to leave, -now-!"
The older boy drags Nygarth out of the alley, out of the scene, away from evidence of murder.
They eventually stop behind a few crates, the older boy letting go and looks down at Nygarth.

"Are you alright? Why have you never told me you're bullied!"
Nygarth looks up at his older brother, Faralan.
"I fought back! I swear! I'm not a little kid, Fara'!"
Faralan shakes his head. "No, you can't. I will teach you how to defend yourself in these streets."
Faralan pulls Nygarth into a brotherly hug as he ruffles his hair. They walk home together, never speaking of the fight ever since.

Faralan kept the word, he taught all he knew to Nygarth, half a year later he left as a squire for an arathorian knight entering Outland with the Alliance Expedition. Nygarth never saw his older brother again, or so he thought for twenty-four years.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Faralan Thorgint on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Brothers (A Thorgint Tale) Empty Re: The Brothers (A Thorgint Tale)

Post by Valerias Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:04 pm

It's pretty cool when people manage to make family relationships work and last in RP. You see lots of 'Oh I suddenly found my long lost sister' or something, but then they just leave again or go about their separate lives and it makes no difference. On the other hand, the Thorgints are very believable indeed, and I enjoy hearing bits of backstory about them. Good stuff.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Thorgint's are family people.
I've had plenty brother RP with Nygarth since I rolled his brother.
Lately he focuses on their uncle though, Orthur. But it changes little in the two brother's connections, RPed & written alike. Smile
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Yes, Thorgints are really family people. We're like the plague.

Awesome story! Smile
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:40 pm

The Thorgints are amazing. I created something that makes the game worthwhile for me to play, even if it's just to see how the Thorgints grow and change. But its time that I realised that although, I made the Thorgints, the Thorgints are no longer mine to own. Too much has happened, too many more have come into the family, influenced it and made it into something bigger and better than I started with.

Indeed, I am focusing on Orthur. However Nygarth is never far from my heart and this story does incapsulate an era of His childhood that I've never really delved into.

Thanks Fara!
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down