Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Malice of Shadow (A Thorgint Tale)

2 posters

Go down

The Malice of Shadow (A Thorgint Tale) Empty The Malice of Shadow (A Thorgint Tale)

Post by Rmuffn Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:59 pm

I wrote down a short story for my character Erahn 'Slither' Thorgint. After having met Ariana in Gilneas, whom had been missing. And to him, is still missing.

The Forsaken guards chokes on their own decayed blood as the flames consume them, leaving them in nothing but cinders.

Erahn turns at the next attackers, sending an unending wave of flames their way, burning them too into charred husks. His eyes darting forth and back, the eyes seemingly pulsating with anger.

Silverpine's Forest is dark. It is since long past midnight and Erahn is leaving from Gilneas.
The road ahead is wet and muddy, but Erahn does not care for it, he keeps walking away from the ashes he just created.

In the corner of his eye he can see the shadows warp, he turns around quickly with hands held high.
But nothing's there. As Erahn is about to start walking again, a voice speaks up from behind him.

”It feels good. Doesn't it? To take your anger out on these worms.”

Erahn lowers his head as he sighs, turning around to see the man in dark robes, a hood covering most of his head and face. Erahn can sense it, the man is alligned with Phelgas, the chaotic shadow aura is emitting strongly from the hooded figure.

”So.. Ya found me, then.”

The hooded figure moves his right hand in the air casually as he speaks, seemingly overconfident.

”When you dabbled in what you were not meant to dabble with, the master was very displeased. You see, had you not fought so hard to reveal the location of Ogardin's Champion perhaps this wouldn't have had to be...”

Erahn shrugs as his arms folds across his chest. He stares intently on the figure infront of himself, despite the rain blurring his sight, and the cold wind lashing over his cheek.

”So this is just a revenge then? Take me out? A poor renegade mage? What use is that? I did nae think yer ”master” were into petty small time crimes.”

The vague sight of the figures lips curve into a smirk as he speaks a bit more sinister.

”Ah.. Dear Slither. That would be the easy way out... The master has bigger interests in you, blood mage. And you know this already. It aches in your heart, your mind is clever, you know what he wants with you. The only thing you don't know. Is how long you can fight it before you give in.”

Erahn's arms drops to his sides, he stand there in the rain, exposed. The figure is no blood mage, has not cast a single mind spell, yet he know exactly how Erahn felt. Time pass as the two stand there in silence, Erahn can't even comprehend how long they have been standing in silence, the world around him barely noticeable. The wind suddenly change direction and cuts through Erahn's back and neck. Sharply Erahn looks up again and raises his hands high to cast a fireball at the hooded figure.

The figure disperses into shadows and re-appears further away to the right.

”Without the mountain girl, you will have nothing in life worth trying to be good for. And when there's no more good in a man's life. The Uncaring's malice will seep into your veins. And in time corrupt you. As with all men who fall from grace. As with all men who serve evil. So shall you fall.”

The figure warps into shadows again and disappears completely. Erahn stares at the spot where the figure had been standing a split second ago.
Slowly Erahn starts to walk again, but this time he changes course, he's not heading back to Stromgarde anymore...

Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Malice of Shadow (A Thorgint Tale) Empty Re: The Malice of Shadow (A Thorgint Tale)

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Faralan wrote:I wrote down a short story for my character Erahn 'Slither' Thorgint. After having met Ariana in Gilneas, whom had been missing. And to him, is still missing.

The Forsaken guards chokes on their own decayed blood as the flames consume them, leaving them in nothing but cinders.

Erahn turns at the next attackers, sending an unending wave of flames their way, burning them too into charred husks. His eyes darting forth and back, the eyes seemingly pulsating with anger.

Silverpine's Forest is dark. It is since long past midnight and Erahn is leaving from Gilneas.
The road ahead is wet and muddy, but Erahn does not care for it, he keeps walking away from the ashes he just created.

In the corner of his eye he can see the shadows warp, he turns around quickly with hands held high.
But nothing's there. As Erahn is about to start walking again, a voice speaks up from behind him.

”It feels good. Doesn't it? To take your anger out on these worms.”

Erahn lowers his head as he sighs, turning around to see the man in dark robes, a hood covering most of his head and face. Erahn can sense it, the man is alligned with Phelgas, the chaotic shadow aura is emitting strongly from the hooded figure.

”So.. Ya found me, then.”

The hooded figure moves his right hand in the air casually as he speaks, seemingly overconfident.

”When you dabbled in what you were not meant to dabble with, the master was very displeased. You see, had you not fought so hard to reveal the location of Ogardin's Champion perhaps this wouldn't have had to be...”

Erahn shrugs as his arms folds across his chest. He stares intently on the figure infront of himself, despite the rain blurring his sight, and the cold wind lashing over his cheek.

”So this is just a revenge then? Take me out? A poor renegade mage? What use is that? I did nae think yer ”master” were into petty small time crimes.”

The vague sight of the figures lips curve into a smirk as he speaks a bit more sinister.

”Ah.. Dear Slither. That would be the easy way out... The master has bigger interests in you, blood mage. And you know this already. It aches in your heart, your mind is clever, you know what he wants with you. The only thing you don't know. Is how long you can fight it before you give in.”

Erahn's arms drops to his sides, he stand there in the rain, exposed. The figure is no blood mage, has not cast a single mind spell, yet he know exactly how Erahn felt. Time pass as the two stand there in silence, Erahn can't even comprehend how long they have been standing in silence, the world around him barely noticeable. The wind suddenly change direction and cuts through Erahn's back and neck. Sharply Erahn looks up again and raises his hands high to cast a fireball at the hooded figure.

The figure disperses into shadows and re-appears further away to the right.

”Without the mountain girl, you will have nothing in life worth trying to be good for. And when there's no more good in a man's life. The Uncaring's malice will seep into your veins. And in time corrupt you. As with all men who fall from grace. As with all men who serve evil. So shall you fall.”

The figure warps into shadows again and disappears completely. Erahn stares at the spot where the figure had been standing a split second ago.
Slowly Erahn starts to walk again, but this time he changes course, he's not heading back to Stromgarde anymore...

loved the story, love the music. =D
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down