Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Greymane Resolve

+17
Ledgic
Diederich
Merralan
Nessra Sunwhisper
Rmuffn
Thomas
Meralynn / Ashla
Tollir
Shaelyssa
Ultar
Lavian
Eloresh
Valerias
Mandui
Sharyssa/Adenah
Geldar
Eodan
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[A] The Greymane Resolve - Page 2 Empty Re: [A] The Greymane Resolve

Post by Merralan Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:46 pm

You will do well to do so o,...,O

*Cough*... I mean! You will be welcome ! <3

Merralan

Character sheet
Name: Merralan
Title: Witch of the Headlands

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Love the officer stories - so much more fun than a list of names. Looking forward to RPing with you lot soon!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Diederich Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:58 am

Nice guild! Get joining up, worgies!
Diederich
Diederich

Character sheet
Name: Diederich Roland Northcliffe
Title: Shadow Priest

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Really liking the look of this. Once I decide whether to race change my druid, I'll be contacting you lot! Best of luck with everything.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Makes me want to make a character with a back story and start all over again and RP a worgen...ehh I'll just do the next best thing and pop by ICly gj

Last edited by Kyrby on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ehh)
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:02 pm

I actually decided to re-start my druid and now have myself a worgen. I'll probably wait for a while to prod anyone, but I'm definitely interested in getting involved sometime soon!
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:50 pm

Scary Shocked ...I just revamped my lock well witch given the gender change Embarassed
I'll see where my main's path leads him and hopefully will get time to do annoy somebody into taking me on.
Why is it robes look better on female characters btw?
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:04 am

Men in dresses?

You're both free to drop by, just thro a /who Ruins of Gilneas to see if anyone is RPing, best way to get to know us.
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:23 am

Kyrby wrote:Why is it robes look better on female characters btw?
Just like IRL, the female body provides the necessary "hourglass" shape to make a robe look good, more curvy and not like a sack of potatoes as is the case on males (unless said male has the typical V form body, which makes it somewhat better, but still not as good).
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:31 am

Mandui wrote:
Kyrby wrote:Why is it robes look better on female characters btw?
Just like IRL, the female body provides the necessary "hourglass" shape to make a robe look good, more curvy and not like a sack of potatoes as is the case on males (unless said male has the typical V form body, which makes it somewhat better, but still not as good).

I'll have you know I look quite fetching in my Black robe especially with the hood's up.that way my face is hidden Crying or Very sad
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:15 am

Kyrby wrote:
I'll have you know I look quite fetching in my Black robe especially with the hood's up.that way my face is hidden Crying or Very sad
I know that style all too well, dear. I've had the dark-garments-with-a-concealed-face look for the past 4 years. I still win 'cause of the curves :3
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:38 pm

O I was talking about my actual RL robes but yea I got them today ICly on my alt worth the change over
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:58 pm

Kyrby wrote:O I was talking about my actual RL robes
Pix or it never happened.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:21 pm

*sigh the Hplloween gear that never happened*
Got a few laughs out of the mask at airsoft match though
[A] The Greymane Resolve - Page 2 005nr

[A] The Greymane Resolve - Page 2 002muz
By kurby1030 at 2011-04-05

Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:29 pm

haha xD

The punching ball is where the whole strength of those photos lies in.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:37 pm

*shrugs* anyway go worgen RP Very Happy
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:41 pm

I don't even know who your worgen is. And I am actually worgen RPing!
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:47 pm

Haven't started to RP on it yet since I changed him to a her will start as soon as my main's plot is finished.And I need a good background story.Last time I RP'd as a Worgen warlock I messed it up big time Sad
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Merralan Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:50 pm

To all Worgen Death Knights and aspiring Gilnean Paladins.

We've recieved an increasing number of applicants of the type Worgen Death Knight, aswell as a few hopeful people wishing to RP Gilnean Paladins. Now normally we're pleased to see the interest, but there are a few problems lore-wise with either which grants reasonable doubt to emit these two types into the Greymane Resolve, which is why we're turning most of them all down, at the moment.

First off, the easy one:

Worgen Death Knights.

The lore explanation from Blizzard is at best controversial and it has limited information regarding the creation of such. To sum it up, it explains that Worgen Death Knights have no other possible outcome to function in the universe and obey the laws of the lore, than to have been captured Worgen of the mad mage Arugal who first summoned the worgen to fight the scourge during the third war.
However these worgen were all feral, and have never been exposed to the only resemblance of a cure to this savage state that was introduced by the Royal Alchemist Krennan Aranas.
Arugal was a mage of the Kirin Tor who fled to Shadowfang Keep after Dalaran was destroyed, where he discovered the Book of Ur that explained the presence of the Worgen. He then summoned them but they were far too savage to control. Some of these worgen made their way into Gilneas where they began infecting the populace. The rest were captured and tortured by Arugal. Your death knight is then one of these captured, traumatized, tortured and most importantly -feral- worgen.
This, your, worgen then somehow escaped Shadowfang Keep and got killed by the Scourge and raised as a Death Knight.

That's all well and dandy, but a Worgen Death Knight is a feral, mindless killing machine that has no interest in turning human. It was once controlled by the Lich King as all the other Death Knights. A fact that gave it purpose and the ability to think thoughts. But now he is gone, it returns to being a mindless brute, much like any other Undead out there at present date WoW.

It is -highly- improbable that Arugal managed to find a cure similar to what the Royal Alchemist, Krennan Aranas did, since he is the only figure mentioned in lore to have discovered such and there is -no- evidence that Arugal was a skilled alchemist.

Even -if- somehow your character has a decent backstory to support all of this without being a brute and whatnot, it is still leaning towards being a snowflake, and it would be subject to much harassment and perhaps even subject to manhunts from the Resolve. It -is- Undead, it is no better in the eyes of the average Gilnean, than the Forsaken trying to invade and most would surely try to slay it on sight.

Therefore, we do NOT accept Worgen Death Knights.

Gilnean Paladin

Now... Gilneas had little to nothing to do with any other human nation during the First War and they only joined in the effort during the very late stages of the Second War. Later they pulled their forces back once the orcs were defeated and sent to interment camps. This ocurred in year 8 of the Warcraft Calendar.
The Order of the Silver Hand, the only institution capable of creating paladins of the Holy Light, were formed sometime after the First War when the Northshire Abbey was destroyed and Alonsus Faul fled to Lordaeron. This institution is created in Lordaeron and there is no evidence to suggest that a Silver Hand camp/church/training facility is located in Gilneas.
This means that any Gilnean who is a Paladin left Gilneas before the Second War, and went to Lordaeron, to train as a Paladin. After the Second War, the Gilnean Gate closes and Gilneas cuts off all communication with the outside world.
A grand total of 31 years pass until World of Warcraft: Cataclysm hits (Year 39 in the Warcraft Calendar) and the gate is shattered by the cataclysmic events (Or is it a Horde Gunship crashing into it? We will never know).
There is as far as I am concerned, no lore, regarding Paladin training or at which age boys and girls begin training. But one would assume that -any- Gilnean who leaves their homeland before the Second War, and is therefore eligible for Paladin training, is a Gilnean of particular unbiased opinion of the other human nations. He/she is somewhat of a pioneer, a curious soul and whatelse to willingly brave the world in search of adventure or whatnot. One would assume that such a person is fairly old, perhaps 16 when he/she sets out.
By the time this young human would return to Gilneas he/she would be no less than 47 years old, since the gate would prevent them from returning sooner.

As such, there are certain requirements in order to RP a Gilnean Paladin. First, his/her backstory must be compatible with before-mentioned facts (Facts that are easily found by browsing Google and typing in search words).
Second he/she must be atleast 47 years of age (Or younger provided he/she was a child and their parents were the pioneering ones, who then sent their child off to become a Paladin).
Thirdly, for aesthetic purposes, he/she should know the lore behind a Paladin and act accordingly. Following these links is a good place to start, and furthermore your character will be closely watched to determine that your actions are true to the ideals of the Holy Light and the Three Virtues:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Knights_of_the_Silver_Hand
http://www.wowwiki.com/Light
http://www.wowwiki.com/Church_of_the_Holy_Light#The_Three_Virtues

Other links of reference for this reply:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/11/07/know-your-lore-the-origin-of-goblin-and-worgen-death-knights/
http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_%28unofficial%29

I understand that the timeline used is unofficial but it is a recording of known events put into a single linear timeline to determine when and what happened in the universe and is therefore more or less plausible to believe, along with all other information given by Blizzard (They -do- enjoy lore-raping and retconning).

If anyone is able to challenge these claims, be my guest so that we may work to find the truth behind things. However in doing so, please provide plausible explanations accompanied by evidence of Lore to back up these claims. Else your reply will be disregarded.

Merralan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Manar Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Hrm, Must Copy paste this link for future referance!

I like.

Here, Merra, Have a cookie.

Manar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merralan Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:25 am

*Munches cookie*

AWM NAWM NAWM :3

Merralan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:38 pm

Still running and looking for new members! Dapper lycanthropes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:18 pm

You know you have the same weakness!

[A] The Greymane Resolve - Page 2 1120736466_d97cp-L
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:23 pm

I love that particular strip so much xD
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Merralan Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Lol... just... lol.

Also expect a headsup for all Worgen Druids. Will write it as soon as I pull myself together.

Merralan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next