Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Greymane Resolve

+17
Ledgic
Diederich
Merralan
Nessra Sunwhisper
Rmuffn
Thomas
Meralynn / Ashla
Tollir
Shaelyssa
Ultar
Lavian
Eloresh
Valerias
Mandui
Sharyssa/Adenah
Geldar
Eodan
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[A] The Greymane Resolve Empty [A] The Greymane Resolve

Post by Eodan Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 pm

We have struggled for food and water.
We have struggled for land and freedom.
We have struggled for survival and truth.
Did we falter? Did we surrender?
No, we fight! And you cannot break our resolve!

Who are we?

ICly We are free men and women who fight for their home, we are the ones who will not give up, who will not abandon their lands. We are farmers, woodcutters, masons, smiths, veterans, noblemen who all strive to see their destroyed home rebuilt. We contribute in what way we can, we welcome any and all refugees who wish to take shelter amongst what we have managed to salvage. Wether you fight, build, entertain or heal, you have a place here. -You- are welcomed back home.

OOCly We are a core of people who wish to involve the worgen roleplaying community and build on solid ground. We're going to be aiming to create a pleasant and vibrant community within Gilneas in any and all aspect of things. We're all ambitious with our plans and we don't intend to be sitting still at the first bump on the road.
We're not a militaristic-based guild, which opens the door for any kind of worgen/gilnean roleplayer and through this, we hope to be able to create social events such as the already well-known Mastiff aswell as rebuilding and battle as is due. Expect to be contacted should you be interested, the wall is broken, Gilneas is open, and we intend to make full use of it.

What can you expect?

You can expect social events, invitationals, supply run, roll events and the odd Wpvp. We will mostly keep our RP based on solidifying grounds with the Alliance and rebuild the home that was so roughly destroyed.

Alliance: Gilneas is a part of the Alliance now. We will need your help. Our numbers are few, but our promise solid. We will ask for aid to those who wish to listen and we will offer aid to those who might request it.

Social events & invitationals: Cursed, yes, but it does not take away our humanity. The Mangy Mastiff is open for anyone who wishes to join and much more will be seen. The Gilnean Cathedral stands proud, regardless of it's endless battle and will welcome any who wish for prayer to the Light. The Blackwald can be found for those seeking spiritual guidance. Tal'Doren, the place where the Scythe began!

Supply runs, roll events & Wpvp: Whilst we will not mainly focus on Wpvp, we will have a healthy amount of battle for those who wish to set their muscle into action. Our main trajectory will involve sabotage, hit and run and ambushes on the forces occupying the towns outside the gates. We wish to please all kinds of RPers, thus we will attempt to organize immersive Pvp aswell as roll events where your fantasy can take a free roll.

The Resistance

What is the Resistance? Well basically, as stated above, we are the people, citizens of all kinds who wish to see their home rebuilt, there is no chain of command. We are inspired by those who pick up their tools, wether it is sword, quill, scalpel or hammer.

We also highly value people making their own personal plots, involving people from the community in such.
Our goal is to make the community grow as a whole, and that goal may not seem easy, it does not scare us off.

The People

Niara: Niara is a young and fiesty Worgen, brought up as an outcast of society along with her witch mother. They were both among the first to be infected by the Curse, surviving even until the arrival of the Elves. As Niara's mind was soothed she soon learned of the fate of her mother, dead at the hands of the Forsaken. Vengeful and broken she took part in a few battles before being evacuated early for what was her kind. She fell into sorrow and grief, mourning the loss of her mother ever since.
Though the Curse had wrecked her homeland, she was still grateful and proud to bear it, seeing it as a sign and the only reason she made it out alive. She struggled a long time to find acceptance, first in Darnassus and later in Stormwind. The best refuge she could find was among the underground criminal society of Stormwind, forced into dangerous tasks just to stay alive. After a lot of struggling with her past she has tried to cast it aside, abandoning her family name and embracing her new fate.
Niara now lives in the wilds of Gilneas once more, spending almost all of her time roaming the forests in the company of Merralan, her mentor and more. She is reclusive and suspicious of strangers, though can also be very compassionate and sympathetic to those in trouble or need. She fully embraces the Curse, seeing it as a gift and not afraid to follow on what some would call the darker sides of it.

Merralan: Native to Gilneas, Merralan was brought up by her mother in the wilds of the Headlands, learning the secretive arts of witchcraft. She has walked nearly thirty cycles, observing the "civilized" world of men revolve around her, yet never once did she participate in it. The coming threat of the Forsaken however has, much to her dismay, made her realize that sitting idle will only work to see her
beloved homelands, for which her sole concern is, destroyed and tainted by the foul Undead. She has thus sought allies, though keeps them at a distance as much as possible. Though one has gained her trust and affection; Niara. This young, vengeful soul, proved promising to Merralan, and thus she took her under her paws to teach her the path of nature. Merralan is a seclusive, reserved being, only
emerging from the wilds to provide council or insight to her allies. Should one dare venture into her homelands to seek her out, they will find nothing but her scent and warning whispers carried with the wind to leave her in peace.

Geoffray: Although born and raised on a farm, little of this heritage shows in Geoffray. Clothed in tailored suits and a fine crafted cane always within reach, he chose a life of trade and business in the city. Initially suppressing, and even despising his Worgen form, recent events have changed his attitude, becoming accepting and even fond of his new abilities.
Nowadays, he runs the Mangy Mastiff inn in Keel Harbour, his gentle manners and spirit providing a smile and a warm greeting for every visitor to both his inn and Gilneas in general.

Manar: Manar has been raised in the woods, by his father and mother who were groundskeepers, who looked after the wild and plantlife of the northren forest.
Later in his life he found he had a gift for nature magic and he embraced it, although his parents said he should be careful with such a gift and not to rely on it.
These days he spends his time helping others out with all kinds of tasks, healing, rebuilding or even fighting.

Marylinn: With a tragic past she left Arathi for Stormwind, seeking a new start, young Marylinn soon found herself on the streets, trying to gain coin with any means. She became known as Marylinn the Harlot but was shortly regarded as a lady, for she was fair… and pricy. Marylinn sold information of nobles and men of the cloth, who’d bought her services, to various thugs and gangs around the vile slums of the city. One day, she met a man that showed her pure interest and she began to fall for him, if even slightly, it was a pure feeling. This man was from Gilneas, where he took her to see the grand opening of the Mangy Mastiff Inn. The trip had a dreadful ending however. She was bitten and cursed. She was saved by another man, for no alchemist was near, he soothed the curse from taking full grasp of her by plunging into her mind, body and soul. Alas, they shared eachothers memories and feelings by doing so… she became obsessed to know more of this „Locke“ and after much drabble, they could finally be together, perhaps it was fate? Now they live together, day out and day in, their love is stronger than any bond, for no one knows him as her, and her as him.

Deceased (Contact on Nathanìel)- Locke: The youngest son of a hard working farmers family. The Yolun farmstead, situated in the Northern Headlands, was employed by a powerful Lord, alas with power came abuse. The boy's family fell victim to greed and hunger, causing his life to take a sharp turn at the death of his mother when he was just a child. Being taught nothing else then hard work and fighting from his father, the young boy learned how to be an adult rather quickly. Being one of the first to be hit by the curse, he has lost track of his father and elder brother. Living with the thought of their death, the boy has grown into a strong young man, wielding the curse as a blessing as he trains to hone his new abilities to their limits. Having grown an interest with his new instincts, he grew close to nature, working hard to learn of it's tales and secrets. His curiosity has led him to multiple odd encounters and into danger on numerous occasions, but it hasn't made him back down. This impulsive man strives to rebuild their home and send the walking corpses back underground whilst keeping those who are dear to him away from harm.

The above names are officers you are able to contact for information/events or even joining us. The stories attached accentuates that we do not claim the city. We are the people, and the people are those who fight.

Thank you for reading and keep a lookout!
The Greymane Resolve

Adding some clarifications regarding certain classes and their link to the Gilnean society, how to enact it. Good way to perhaps draw inspiration for your characters.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Credits to Merralan for making the time to find and compose these very accurate guides.

Last edited by Yolun on Fri May 06, 2011 11:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] The Greymane Resolve Empty Re: [A] The Greymane Resolve

Post by Geldar Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Yay for this, Yolun, good luck to you and all your guild members with the project and I hope to see you guys around more! Oh and, your group section will be done soon.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:11 pm

Good luck with this ^^ Might pop by once in a while we have some unfinished business with Yolun afterall *snickers*
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:49 pm

Woop woop ^^ Awesome post. Join us! We're warm and fluffy when you hug us :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:54 pm

And smell like wet dog because of all the rain? <.<
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Pinch your nose and grit your teeth! We're still fluffy anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:01 am

Coladan/Geoffray wrote:Woop woop ^^ Awesome post. Join us! We're warm and fluffy when you hug us :3
Do want...
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:34 am

Mandui wrote:
Coladan/Geoffray wrote:Woop woop ^^ Awesome post. Join us! We're warm and fluffy when you hug us :3
Do want...

Me too :/
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:35 am

*spreads arm* Come and get 'em, ladies!
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:52 am

Ahem, excuse my lack of decorum. What I meant was that I'm really pleased to see this initiative in worgen RP, and that I hope to find an excuse to skulk one of my characters up to Gilneas soon.

On no account will I be seeking fluffy hugs while I'm there.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:53 am

Valerias wrote:Ahem, excuse my lack of decorum. What I meant was that I'm really pleased to see this initiative in worgen RP, and that I hope to find an excuse to skulk one of my characters up to Gilneas soon.

Too bad cause I got one for real! *cackles and dashes off to bed*
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:54 am

Valerias wrote:Ahem, excuse my lack of decorum. What I meant was that I'm really pleased to see this initiative in worgen RP, and that I hope to find an excuse to skulk one of my characters up to Gilneas soon.

*pokes teasingly* Come oooon... Don't be shy! You are just there for the hugs ain't you! XD
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:45 am

Ofcourse she is!
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:11 am

Good luck with this, would be interested to help you guys at some point. Smile
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultar Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:36 am

Great post! \o/
This tuesday we're an extra 10% fluffy! Also! Since we've all been warming ourselves by the fire in the Mangy Mastiff, we don't even have that wet dog smell!

...experiences may vary.
Ultar
Ultar

Character sheet
Name: Ultar Rosethorn
Title: Mr

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:58 pm

Good luck!! This looks really well put together :)

Yolun wrote:The Gilnean Cathedral stands proud, regardless of it's endless battle and will welcome any who wish for prayer to the Light.

Welcomes any who wish for a prayer, yes, but does anyone besides Izaiah actually pray?! No!!! :(
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Then perhaps the greater community of Light ought to visit, attracting the faith of the Light back in these times of darkness. Smile
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:50 pm

Oh, also, it might be useful for you to put in some officer information to your OP! Who's who, and that sort of thing. But I know you're still getting everything started, so just a thought for the future.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tollir Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:59 pm

Good job guys, Glad to see the community working forward towards a better RP experience.

And no, Do not want fluffy worgens.
Tollir
Tollir

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Good luck and everything with the guild! Always fun to see new guilds starting up. ^^

Oh and congratulations on finally getting the group section that i know other worgen players have earlier been denied! It is obviously moving in the right direction. Smile
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:14 am

Updated the main post. Thanks Vale!
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:15 am

Wewt Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Boomboom pow!

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Great job and good luck guys. Very Happy
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:14 pm

I think I'll check this one out after I get my druid's faction change fixed.
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next