Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tribes of Tanaris: A Resource

+10
Gogol
Shaelyssa
Frostfeather
Magaskawee/Anaei
Ledgic
Odgan / Keag
Reynar / Raviran
Morinth
Demurral
Valerias
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Tribes of Tanaris: A Resource - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tribes of Tanaris: A Resource

Post by Ledgic Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Well, I know only of the forum group at the moment. I think it's more or less all being discussed and set up. I'd advise joining it, as a starting point, if you're looking to get involved. I reckon Raviran can probably fill you in a little better than I can.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

The Tribes of Tanaris: A Resource - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tribes of Tanaris: A Resource

Post by Valerias Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Two quests currently referring to the Wastewander bandits in Uldum are called 'Relics of the Sun King' and 'Venomblood Antidote.' If I come across others I'll mention 'em; haven't really quested in Tanaris since Cata.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:17 pm

Lazarus wrote:
Trave wrote:That's like saying you don't want a Tanarisi for the actual concept, but simply because of that movie, which I'd consider wrong.

And this is like replying before you think.

As for the Tanari group, do you stay in contact in game through a channel possible?
Is there desert rp on going already, or mostly talk about it here on the forums?

If it's going, when and where?

Well our Rathraki Tribe has a channel, which I think could be used among all RP'ers interested in the Tanarisi concept. The channel's name is TribeRP. And as for the RP in Tanaris, it's being set up, we already have more then a dozen people who have or have made a Tanarisi, others are leveling their chars so they can get to Tanaris and some people are still on vacation, so as it is summer, it's growing slightly slower then normally. But yes, we'll be starting regular RP there as soon as possible, it would make it a lot quicker if more were to join in. So your always free to join the channel or /w me in-game.

And as Ledgic pointed out, you can always join the usergroup on the forums.
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Reynar / Raviran wrote:
Ledgic/Omanos wrote:Why? That film is painfully bad :p

Hey! It's not that bad D: (Okay the plot and actors might make it a little .....and the setting too even..) Well...! It's not bad either! It was made 10 years ago! Cut me some slack D:

You think the film was bad.....It doesnt matter! The rock says know your role... ect! (sorry, i just want to rp as the rock)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:01 am

As requested by the Workers&Farmers of Azeroth, posting for the Ayyehide tribe.

The Ayyehide Tribe Bayt ay-Y'aheed (Tan.)
Tribal symbol: Star and two crossed scimitars, one golden, another steel
Culture and Believes

The Ayyehide tribe has long held lands just beyond the coastal hills of southern Tanaris - when the season is right, and the rain water feeds countless streams, the tribe will settle down closer to the coast; when drought strikes, it will return to the nomadic pastures on the oases further in the interior. This semi-nomadic existence, and tribe's intermediary position has ensured that trade was one of the tribe's main activities.

Raiding permitted by tribal feuds played a major role until the increase in Steamwheedle activity, now trade is becoming increasingly important and younger generation prefers to simply hire mercenaries from other tribes instead of taking the scimitar into their own hands. Leaders and elders of the tribe realize that those who want to conduct serious trade must cultivate a rare and fragile resource - honestly and reliability.

Tribal virtues are taught early, and enforced with fervor only encountered in religions. Pragmatic attitude towards other races and believes helps the Ayyehide deal smoothly with any of their clients, as long as their ways do the tribe no harm - as long as they don't bother us, they may believe anything they like. Hospitality and friendliness are important, for how else do you win the trust of your customer? Fairness is important, every single date-fruit has to be accounted for - if you entrust your goods to an Ayyehide, you know you will not be cheated. At last, but not least, comes honesty; keep your word, uphold your end of the bargain.

The Ayyehide see themselves as highly civilized and pleasant to deal with, and not as far-gone, greedy and individualistic as the seafront tribes. Other tribes may see Ayyehide as shallow and arrogant, caring for little more than profit and unwilling to take sides in conflicts between other tribes, even if the cause of one tribe is undoubtedly just. This doesn't prevent them from trading with the Ayyehide, though, nor does it stop to seek the arbitration of the Ayyehide elders in disputes between tribes.

When it comes to warfare, the Ayyehide avoid conflicts between other tribes and focus entirely on protection of their tribal caravans, lands and most importantly - honor. Generations of such practice mean that the Ayyehide are far less skilled at raiding and aggressive tactics than other tribes, but have a legacy of sound defense. Tribal honor is best protected if those who cheat the Ayyehide merchants die a horrible death, no matter where they may hide. Other tribes may find Ayyehide approach immoral, but there is no arguing with the results; Ayyehide is one of the few tribes to train and to employ assassins.

Religion is playing a minor role in the tribal life. Other tribes of the interior are at the mercy of the elements, the Ayyehide can simply absorb most of the famines with their vast stocks and chests of coins. Worship of spirits plays a purely psychological role, a simple 'ritual' you do before a risky enterprise to assure yourself that you've done everything you could. Ancestral worship plays a greater role, and is usually expressed by whole lineages aspiring to the virtues and powers (supposedly) possessed by their ancestors. Perhaps hypocritically, but religion plays a great role in art - wealthy merchants will act as patrons to artists from across the world to compose poetry, perform music and create depictions of spiritual and ancestral themes. This they do to express their care for tribal heritage...as well as their personal wealth.

As far as tribal consensus goes, an 'ideal' Ayyehide is a disciplined and obedient youth, strong and calculative, riding on the back of his horse with scimitar in hand and forfeiting personal glory to work in a tight, well-organized group and defend tribal lands and possessions. When that youth grows up, he becomes a paragon of fairness and honesty, a wealthy merchant-prince bestowing generously on his subjects, being close yet lofty with his servants, cool-headed and calculative in his deals and wrathful towards his enemies.

Roles the tribe excels at: merchant, arbiter, lawgiver, politician, assassin, defender, artist
Roles the tribe is weak at priest, scholar, raider, seafarer, conqueror, adventurer

Territory: Western slopes of the coastal foothills in southern Tanaris, interior to the west of these foothills.

Current status: the tribe is undergoing time of change, reviewing its role in Tanaris and considering what parts it can play in the world. Current shaykh, in break with tradition, has sent many young men to plunder (and die) in Uldum, and is using the wealth as dowry to marry Ayyehide women to coastal leaders. If the tribe allows the shaykh to live long enough to continue his policies and swallow up the deaths and marriages he imposes, the Ayyehide may very well found a small tribal federation on the southern shores, and engage in trade with the world; and who knows, perhaps one day the Ayyehide will rule the sands of Tanaris.

Characters associated with the tribe: Atash, Safiya, Sophyra
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2