Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An interesting (imo) topic from the Argent Dawn server

+14
Cathee Norris
Aadaria-Ioanna
Valerias
Torukan
Jayse
Gunnell
Seranita
Elloa
Visceril
Ledgic
Mandui
Nithel
Geldar
John Helsythe Amaltheria
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An interesting (imo) topic from the Argent Dawn server Empty An interesting (imo) topic from the Argent Dawn server

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:16 am

Posted by Yasmien from Argent Dawn.

I have always been fascinated about the features of the argentarchives.org, and how it supplies with something different and very unique for the server.
Instead of just making another forum and spend a lot of time discussing how roleplay should and would be, the argent archives offers the freedom of creativity of the Argent Dawn players through a very structured event list, a noticeboard, news, a gallery and adventures and last but not least, a space where people can develop their creativity and skills in storytelling on their own profiles.
I really love the idea, and think that it is something all RP servers could use! Smile

Running of a site with such traffic, is far from free, and counting up the amount of servers:
Argent Dawn, Earthen Ring, Darkmoon Faire, Moonglade, The Sha'tar, Steamwheedle Cartel, and perhaps if RP-PVP servers are included: Defias Brotherhood, Sporeggar, Ravenholdt, Scarshield Legion and The Venture Co.
6 RP servers and 5 RP-PVP servers – that means probably about 10 times as much traffic as what Argent Archives has!

One of the reasons for why argentarchives.org is a pricy and so well done, is the management of advertisment. Instead of commersials for games and Russian wifes, this site only have banners advertising for events and guilds of the server. Banners made by players – and I think that is really working well!

I contacted a game master and was allowed to upload the chat in this thread. Zerbathie has an advise to all the RPers who find this idea cool.

GM Zerbathie: “It's a thing that perhaps we could setup and run for our roleplayers. I would advise keeping the forum post active and perhaps try to direct other players to express their concerns. As you know the hot topic posts do get adressed and passed onto our development team.”

(You find whole the conversation here: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-F1pM6SzBsEY/TWv87eZB10I/AAAAAAAAAOE/xCEMrAw6Qck/s1600/Gamemaster%2BChat.jpg)

If you would like to see a public RP portal for every RP server financed, managed and designed by Blizzard, which would lead to far more focus on that part of the game, then follow Zerbathie's advice and keep up the discussion to let the developers know your feedback! Smile

Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1776391399?page=1#13

Edit: It actually got posted on the Roleplaying forums instead of Argent Dawn server forum, I just realise. Not that it matters.

Last edited by Helsythe on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:20 am; edited 2 times in total
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

An interesting (imo) topic from the Argent Dawn server Empty Re: An interesting (imo) topic from the Argent Dawn server

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:16 am

I personally think that such a website could turn out to be very interesting. What about you?
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

An interesting (imo) topic from the Argent Dawn server Empty Re: An interesting (imo) topic from the Argent Dawn server

Post by Geldar Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:48 am

Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:58 am

The idea sounds neat. I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss material and read stories from other servers with open hands.

I'm rather sceptical that this will ever see the light of day however. Also it leaves me with the question if a civil forum is possible between servers.

edit: I really fear for discussions about who is the best RP server. Scratch that, I don't fear for it. I am rather positive it'll come by just looking at us.

Last edited by Nithel on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:02 am

Doubt that will ever happen. It will more or less turn to a piss throwing contest about which server has better <insert here> and who is better at <insert here>. Might work well at the begining, but just wait until the shitstorms start on a daily basis.

The most vague example I can give is from the RP forums on Blizzard, I've noticed that whenever someone posts a concept for some guild/plot/event that is open, people from other servers jump on him like sharks and do nothing but flame instead of giving helpful critisism on what can improve.

-shrug- Who knows though.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:04 am

Exactly. That is my biggest fear and a big reason why the roleplaying forum from Blizzard is one I mostly avoid.

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 am

If this went live, I can imagine it being rather chaotic. The traffic and the people will be immense and hard to keep an eye on. It will require a lot and intensive mod'ing. The concept sounds good in theory but yeah, after seeing how sometimes this forum goes places with just 800+ people (admittedly, only 60 or so are regularly active)...I can easily imagine a havoc with a much larger one.

Last edited by Mandui on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 am

First things first. Defias.eu = for defias, where this portal would be for cross realm.

Then, I don't think it will ever happen either, but who knows? And it remains interesting in my eyes, more or less.

Then, for those who don't exactly know what Yasmien is talking about here:
There's NO forum at the portal where she is talking about. It's only IC. Events can be posted there, stories, a notice board, character sheats, art work, guilds and guild advertisement through banners and what not.

Why this sounds interesting to me is because it could be an awesome and easy source of ideas / inspiration, which could aid all the servers for once rather then competing with eachother instead of: "My server is the best! Screw the other servers!"

Edit: And mind the part where blizzard would hoste the portal. Surely they would figure something out that's atleast close to working ^^

John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:22 am

Cross realm discussion about RP would work for about five minutes. Then we can have a guy stand there and yell 'LET THE WAR BEGIN!' and all hell would break loose.

We RP'ers are as bad as any PVE or PVP'ers when it comes to arguing our points/about who is 'the best, yo'.

So, while it's a great idea in theory, I think it would fall flat on it's face a few days after creation. I also doubt Blizzard would ever bother.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:24 am

But there won't be any forums or discussions people ;_;

Edit: I do agree that such forums and discussions would not work but ^
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:26 am

It doesn't change the fact that it'd become a battle of the servers.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Visceril Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:10 pm

Geldar wrote:www.defias.eu

Not seen this before! Is it updated regulary?
Visceril
Visceril

Character sheet
Name: Visceril Strain
Title: Deathstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:58 pm

Its updated with what people submit for updating. We aren't psychic!
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:22 pm

Well what's for sure is that this argent dawn portal make me miss roleplay... I remember once upon a time I was a extremly active roleplayer...*sigh*
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:28 pm

yeah been a while since i have seen you around,.. how ya doin?
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:35 pm

Elloa wrote:Well what's for sure is that this argent dawn portal make me miss roleplay... I remember once upon a time I was a extremly active roleplayer...*sigh*

Because there is alot of RP there, does not mean by a long-shot that it is as good as here.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Argent Dawn is the McDonalds of WoW RP. Its cheap, easy and fast to get, but its bad for you and you regret it later.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Gunnell wrote:Argent Dawn is the McDonalds of WoW RP. Its cheap, easy and fast to get, but its bad for you and you regret it later.

*burp*
>_>
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Visceril Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:04 pm

To quote my coach "K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid"
One forum to rule them all would be quite big. If there was such a site I would only read whats crackerlacking on Defias.
And from what Geldar has linked seems we have one already, waiting for defias RP'ers both Horde and Alliance to provide info for it.
Visceril
Visceril

Character sheet
Name: Visceril Strain
Title: Deathstalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:22 pm

Very out of date, incomplete and lacking a certain 'umph'.

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:32 pm

Thalgun/Kalok wrote:

Very out of date, incomplete and lacking a certain 'umph'.

Because nobody else seems to want to put in the effort to actually make things to be placed on the site. It looks so barren and useless because apparently the community didn't care about it.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:36 pm

www.defias.eu has a whole subforum dedicated to it - to information and maintainance and building it into a better site - here on these boards, at the bottom. So more contribution would be good - apparently it just needs more publicising so that folk are aware of it.

Last edited by Aniane/Vale on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:37 pm

The only incomplete part is tha defias lore part. Guilds could use an update though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:49 am

Yeah, what Ledgic said. But oh wait? People are expected to actually put effort rather than leave it on the shoulders of a single person? And then complain when that person receives no input to add from the very people who are supposed to be promoted?

Clearly that person is in the wrong here for not being psychic 'bout knowing what to write as input, or being able to keep up to date with every change that occurs over the dozens of guilds on Defias Brotherhood.

http://www.defiasrp.com/f103-defias-brotherhood-homepage

^ Go there, add your input and it will be placed on the site. Do not, and it won't. But then it won't be the fault of the one managing it. Everyone does their bit, do yours. Because in the end of the day, if you do not. No one will. (That's unless you have officers/friends/members with good initiative, but those are hard to get these days.)

TL;DR - Go to the link, if you have something useful that you think can contribute to our site and our community as information/guides/RP-schedules/Events write it there and it will be placed up.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:55 am

To get a bit more back on the topic here. I really think this could work out nicely as long as people do not - have- the -option- to comment on others work. I do realize that if they had it might get out of hand, but the only "competition" I can see coming from it, without commenting and the like, is people posting like maniacs.. Posting their stories, adverticements. And how on earth should it be possible to get a: "We are the best war" going on, on that.. forum part? Yes. people might go through the effort of "tracking people down" Ohh see defias posted again - heads to the defias server forum to rant...

Then again.. People might not do so- and they might do so. But it wont be any more "trolling and ranting" than we already have will it?^^

Weigh the positive against the negative.. I did and I like this idea a lot^^ It could bring more fresh blood to our side, if people feels a deep need to post and post there to show off then by all means let them.. Smile
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next