Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The House of Nobles - A discussion

+21
Gahalla
Cid
Amaryl
teirzul
Aleric
Kristeas Sunbinder
Cathee Norris
Gesh
Braiden
Zinkle Figgins
Geldar
Krogon Devilstep
Mordazan
Gogol
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Valerias
Jeanpierre
Magaskawee/Anaei
Gallandria
Torukan
Ledgic
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The House of Nobles - A discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: The House of Nobles - A discussion

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:46 pm

I'm sure she'd be very interested ^^
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

The House of Nobles - A discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: The House of Nobles - A discussion

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Aisling wrote:
Julia wrote:Kicking something like this off, perhaps someone could be pointed out as moderator, to make a proper post with guide-lines and family trees? Someone who is capable of keeping it up to date, and someone who would possibly be interested in stirring it up in game a little too.

Making the post I suggest putting it in Looking for RP. Not only is there only one sticky (so it will be easy to find, the Noble thread), but after all it is also a thread where people can put their nobles up/where noble families can look for more members (LFRP).

Since most people seemed to approve of the ideas I posted above I'll get around to making this post with guidelines and a short FAQ (or something to that effect) about nobility RP on Alliance.

Anaei has previously done a wonderful job by creating family trees and I would like to ask her if she'd be interested in handling those for the noble families.

It'd be a pleasure, all you need to do is PM me the details!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Nice ideas flowing and I like the look of the information submitting area for the noble houses, good stuff *nods*. We should get a channel or section going, for example, to start gathering ideas and whatnot, so we don't end up filling this thread with all sorts.

Oh.. and to those that say that everyone is playing nobles.. have you even -SEEN- Stormwind lately? The amount of nobles is so minimal in comparison to even Death knights at the moment, that you're really coming across as pretty damn laughable.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Quin Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Rofl so we counter deathknights with nobles. This sounds like a flawless plan that I should definatly support
Quin
Quin

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:56 pm

Quin wrote:Rofl so we counter deathknights with nobles. This sounds like a flawless plan that I should definatly support

No dude you don't UNDERSTAND nobles are like anti-deathknights you put the two together and they explode
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:13 am

Ledgic/Omanos wrote:Oh.. and to those that say that everyone is playing nobles.. have you even -SEEN- Stormwind lately? The amount of nobles is so minimal in comparison to even Death knights at the moment, that you're really coming across as pretty damn laughable.
Agreed.

Anyhow I guess I should be putting my fingers to work, time to share some more Mistmantle history.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:43 am

Braiden wrote:
Ledgic/Omanos wrote:Oh.. and to those that say that everyone is playing nobles.. have you even -SEEN- Stormwind lately? The amount of nobles is so minimal in comparison to even Death knights at the moment, that you're really coming across as pretty damn laughable.
Agreed.

Anyhow I guess I should be putting my fingers to work, time to share some more Mistmantle history.

Manor Mistmantle

Stalvan Mistmantle

Tobias Mistmantle

Glad to be of service.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Always of help, Gogol. Smile

But yeah been reading over this and do like the proposition of this idea myself. Would be good to see how effective it would be if set up right.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm going to resurrect this old thread since I have a few things playing out in game in favour of actually making the house of nobles an organization with players. Now I understand that one one hand the opinion of some is that the house of nobles is to be void of political power as mixing it up with the council is troublesome in some peoples eyes but here is a little quote from the council FAQ
Julia wrote:1.1) What is the Stormwind Council?
The Stormwind Council is part of the Government of the Kingdom of Stormwind. Along with the House of Nobles they help rule Stormwind; they do this in ways such as preparing the Military for War. Handling the Guards of Stormwind to aid in the defense of the city. Being a moderator of magic to make sure corruption does not rise. Govern the health and education of the citizens to make sure all have quality of life. The Council is the people's voice to the King; no nobles sit on the council, they are all from humble origins and therefore can relate to the public whilst the House of Nobles care for the nobles interests.
Now how would the actual political power be distributed if we are to follow this? I mean of course in the end the King is well... the King and calls the shots but you know what I mean. Remember that this is an open question since it is a discussion and not a statement that means the house of nobles should overthrow the council with their authority or the other way around for that matter.

Also on another note I found this while browsing this thread
Mordazan wrote:"the Councilors still speak and act in the name of the King and his will" do the nobles really do that? (taken from council FAQ)
I just want to make my opinion on that matter clear, as nobles (or in fact noble lines and just not individuals) are chosen by the King they just as the council are servants of the King and since he has chosen the house of nobles as the representatives of the noble community he has chosen they too should act and speak in the name of the King and his will. Once again, my take on it.

Hoping for some constructive feedback on this so the organization may be shaped in a good way if things play out the right way IC.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3