Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House of Goodwyn discussion

+11
Vaell
Allonia_Miral
Lavian
Kittrina
Cid
Thelos
siegmund
Timna
Ixirar
Nessra Sunwhisper
Raenmar
15 posters

Go down

Is the House of Goodwyn producing RP?

House of Goodwyn discussion Vote_lcap44%House of Goodwyn discussion Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 7 ]
House of Goodwyn discussion Vote_lcap25%House of Goodwyn discussion Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
House of Goodwyn discussion Vote_lcap31%House of Goodwyn discussion Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

House of Goodwyn discussion Empty House of Goodwyn discussion

Post by Raenmar Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:04 am

Now we all know that the guild master is Ephitos, but I am looking to discuss whether the role-play being provided by the guild is positive or negative, is political antagonism IC producing more role-play then before or is it making it worse? I have seen reaction to his IC speech and turbulence and it was far more interesting then discussing the same old crap, strictly speaking, so are we going to keep see people shit-talking about him here where he cannot respond or instead of OOCly reacting to the role-play being CREATED will there be an actual IC response?

The House of Goodwyn took a good opportunity to act when the Council is weak ICly, I think that both sides should make good of this opportunity and bring about diverse and interesting political role-play, which by the way Torradan/Ephitos has acted with, shows he's up for it. Note that on Arkadii Irondawn he role-played with people he didn't like, it remained IC, so I don't see why this should be an different.

I’d rather this wasn’t locked as it’s just a discussion regarding how there are people incapable of separating IC/OOC and just you know, responding ICly. Conflict is the source of much role-play, so let’s have at it!

Note: Votes won't be counted if you don't describe why you chose it.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

House of Goodwyn discussion Empty Re: House of Goodwyn discussion

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:15 am

IC and OOC should definitely be kept apart.

I've met plenty of jerks in this game, but I've really enjoyed roleplaying with this particular guy!
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:36 am

Why the fuck did you make this thread? People who hate Ephitos won't RP with him, people who don't will. Why are you acting like we need to take a collective stance on wether or not we're gonna shit talk him behind his back?

Personally? I can't stand him and I know he's gonna abandon Goodwyn way too soon for it to matter, I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I didn't vote, because there's no "this poll is retarded" option.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:53 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Why the fuck did you make this thread? People who hate Ephitos won't RP with him, people who don't will. Why are you acting like we need to take a collective stance on wether or not we're gonna shit talk him behind his back?

Personally? I can't stand him and I know he's gonna abandon Goodwyn way too soon for it to matter, I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I'll take that as a "I'm not sure".
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:57 am

I'm not sure vote.

Not roleplayed politically enough to be able to judge; hopefully I'll see something in the future anyhow.
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:12 am

I'm not sure.

But same, i did see that their witch burning thing is going to happen soonish. It just started, you need to give them time.
Maybe yes they went in and talked a lot before being prepared to actually do a thing already in the next week. But come on.

For my characters... No i do not really see anything changing.
Unless of course more people hunting my Warlock and Siegmund poissibly getting hit by a hammer while wearing his armor.

But i haven't had too much close encounters with the group, but i see them giving out good rp in the near future.

The only OOC encounter in /lfrp with Rean and Ephitos was interesting to say the least. (No Rean was his usual grumpy self if you ask <3)
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:15 am

(No Rean was his usual grumpy self if you ask)

LOVE YOU TOO <3
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:49 am

You do realize that these forums are used by more than just the people that role-play around Stormwind, right?

...right?
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:58 am

Considering that I'm a Gilnean roleplayer currently on an expedition to Ashenvale, yes I do :3

But how does that make it wrong to ask a question about Stormwind RP?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 am

Also uhm, why has absolutely nobody who voted "no" given reasons? Neutral
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:32 am

Um, they don't care?
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:34 am

siegmund wrote:Um, they don't care?

Exactly. That's why I asked for reasons.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:37 am

Raenmar wrote:Also uhm, why has absolutely nobody who voted "no" given reasons? Neutral

That I'd like to know as well. The guy does provide RP, may it be it isn't in everyone's taste since not everyone like the same stuff, but we have yet to hear a reason as to why people think he DOESN'T provide RP. He tries seriously to start on a fresh and clean slate, and people with old grudges keep trying to knock him down.

Just plain childish. I voted Aye because I've really enjoyed the RP he provided so far, and awaiting his future RP with anticipation.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:57 am

That I'd like to know as well. The guy does provide RP, may it be it isn't in everyone's taste since not everyone like the same stuff, but we have yet to hear a reason as to why people think he DOESN'T provide RP. He tries seriously to start on a fresh and clean slate, and people with old grudges keep trying to knock him down.

Just plain childish. I voted Aye because I've really enjoyed the RP he provided so far, and awaiting his future RP with anticipation.

<3 You're so logical and reasonable
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:13 am

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Why the fuck did you make this thread? People who hate Ephitos won't RP with him, people who don't will. Why are you acting like we need to take a collective stance on wether or not we're gonna shit talk him behind his back?

I...can't believe the day's arrived, and so soon, I actually agree with Ixirar....

Also 'providing rp' is the most arbitrary and useless term ever. I could rp a dude that wandered around cock slapping people and go BUT I'M PROVIDING RP. It'd be true, but, so what? People still might not want to get cock slapped icly.
Rp isn't like some wonderful present people produce and serve up to the community at large; it's a collaborative process of storytelling. Personally my only actual contact with them has been a dude standing in the Pig slagging off the state of eastvale for an hour or so whilst aggrandizing 'the new lord of Eastvale', and gaining no particular reaction, then going outside and /yelling HOUSE BEAUMONT SUCKS HOORAY FOR HOUSE GOODWYN or words to that effect. So it wasn't a good first impression. But other snippets I've seen seem alright?
If people want to rp with them, they will, if not, they won't, this poll is arbitrary and useless. Nothing's forced upon anyone.

Last edited by Kittrina on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:46 am

I don't play WoW anymore and havn't since Feb but I voted no. Also trying to invalidate "no's" without a post is a bit silly, not everyone likes to make a public presence in well... Everything. Same to the other options. I mean I am sure not everyone who picked yes explained why. Is that invalid also?

Anyhow, there's a difference between "providing rp" and actually making some good out of it. "Providing RP" actually means shit if there's no solid positive motive out of it. Ephitos does RP, sure. However his is an ego thrust of trying to downgrade people in other RP while making himself appear ontop of a high horse. He's been doing this for god knows how long now and since I quit the game too it seems. Though in his defense it can be said for some others on the realm of present and past.

This guy has been harrassing people on defias long before today and there are some he can get on with, or those who are unaware of his provactive nature/past and easy to warm up to him. Doesn't take much to know this. Heck he's even tried to harrass me but I found it rather pointless to begin with.

Anyway what I am trying to say is trying to provide RP isn't a god send if you can't bring positive storytelling out of it. Kitt also sums it up pretty well. People have to stop decorating "providing rp" as always being a good thing.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:51 am

I don't really get this thread.

So just because he turned out to be someone that some people know (something that I for one already knew for a long time anyway), we have to stop and ponder if his guild does something for some greater good? Do we ask this of all guilds now? To make some kind of public vote to see if people like eachother or not. That's pretty pointless. And is only going to end in mudflinging as usual.

He and his guild creates rp for those he happens to run into and rp with. For everyone else, /shrug. As it is for everything.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:55 am

I voted "I'm not sure!" simply because, well, I'm not! I personally haven't come across the RP, so I can't comment on that.

However, I can comment on the whole Ephitos issue. Anyone is in their right to not rp with someone and take an OOC dislike to someone IC. If it causes trouble for other RPers, have some consideration and don't do it. E.g, you're the only one not acknowledging a single person whilst others around you are.

Ephitos, to me, isn't as bad as people like that Cell kid. He is a bit of a brat, but as long as he is RPing and leaving OOC behind when doing so, I see no problem with him.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Odgan / Keag Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:20 am

I voted for "Yes.". Why?

He created a lot of IC upheaval, what's the problem with that? Aslong as it stays In Character, people can create their own plots around the situation. Perhaps they trying to silence this sudden opposition. (Via -IC- ways)

Sure, you may dislike the guy OOCly, but he now supplies a Roleplay opportunities for a lot of people. People who could oppose him, or groups who see their chance and join this sudden 'rebellion'. Or even thugs and cultists can get their chance and strike now the political situation is unstable. And even more! How's that not supplying Roleplay?
Odgan / Keag
Odgan / Keag

Character sheet
Name: Ildranor Strongbrew
Title: Mountaineer-Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:24 am

Quite a dissgrace.
Both thread and people in it taking the oppertunity to bash on a guy they barley know.

As far as the guild goes, it has plenty more members than just Epithos I'll have you know. Obscure is what this is.
And another proof of how bad many members of this community is at seperating IC from OOC. A mayority of the people that are batting at House Goodwyn have barley even talked to ous OOC in the first place, but meerly meet IC. And how anyone could ever accuse anyone for "working against RP"- in anyway after that, well it is clearly beyond me.

Shame on you Eira, shame on you. I held you for higher.
Now delete this thread before Geldar or someone comes in and makes a clown of themselves further.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:32 am

^ That is not Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:37 am

Would a moderator please lock this thread before it progresses any further, both sides have made their points and continuation would likely cause more trouble than it is worth.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:45 am

Raenmar wrote:
But how does that make it wrong to ask a question about Stormwind RP?

Because private matters are best left private and I do not think that this point should be discussed publicly.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:51 am

I'm just bummed that House of Goodwyn wasn't Gogol's idea apparently??
Gogol do fun stuff ever so often
If Ephi now is the leader.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Gogol wrote:Quite a dissgrace.
Both thread and people in it taking the oppertunity to bash on a guy they barley know.

As far as the guild goes, it has plenty more members than just Epithos I'll have you know. Obscure is what this is.
And another proof of how bad many members of this community is at seperating IC from OOC. A mayority of the people that are batting at House Goodwyn have barley even talked to ous OOC in the first place, but meerly meet IC. And how anyone could ever accuse anyone for "working against RP"- in anyway after that, well it is clearly beyond me.

Shame on you Eira, shame on you. I held you for higher.
Now delete this thread before Geldar or someone comes in and makes a clown of themselves further.

yawn

Locking upon request.

This has gone down south (Myself contributed included)
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down