Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Discource] The 'New' Horde is Evil

+5
Seranita
Ralegh
Ephitos / Amarachus
Magaskawee/Anaei
Melnerag
9 posters

Go down

[Discource] The 'New' Horde is Evil Empty [Discource] The 'New' Horde is Evil

Post by Melnerag Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:20 pm

Right! See this as forum-roleplay. I intend to make a series of threads, especially in Cataclysm, which touch interessting topics. The general idea is that those threads are IC essays that appear in scholarly circles and spread across the world. For instance, an essay is written and published in Dalaran. Scholars read it, and send copies to their pen-friends in intellectual laters all over the world - the Church, Earthen Ring..and may be even some hobbyists. So, any character can find out that the discource is taking place; he can see the essay on the desk in the Cathedral, or hear two old ER sages discuss it in a tavern. There will always be somebody who is deeply touched by the essay and wants to add his or her own layer to it, or rebuke it. He will do so by writing and publishing his own essay which spreads in the similar manner. This is the discource - people all over the world suddenly activly debate one topic, exchange ideas, rebuke thoughts of others, build layer upon layer. Others who are drawn into the debate, but don't have the skill or courage to publish may simply send letters to their 'heroes' supporting them, or hatemail to their 'villains'. Although this is Forum Role-play, don't think it is confined to the forums. Information is available to your character, so you are free to act on it or debate it in-game. Now, some simple rules:

1) All replies in a discource thread must be strictly IC. Mild OOC added at the end of the reply is allowed (like saying "Well-writen, <name>" or something). No OOC arguments should ever take place, even if somebody makes a lore-blunder; just address it as an -IC- lore-blunder.
2) All replies must either be tagged as ESSAY, which makes it available to everybody. Or as LETTER addressed to specific person and only available to him ICly. So discource-thread would probably contain a series of open debates, as well as letter-exchanges. Intercepting letters is not allowed Smile
3) Anybody can at any time start a new Discource threat with a new topic. I don't have the monopoly. But, I think its best if we let one discussion exhaust itself before spawning 3-4 others. So, patience and moderation please!
4) ANYTHING can be discussed, and taking OOC offense for IC discussion is lame. However, since its all IC, be ready to face IC wrath for IC opinions.
5) You may sign letters and essays with the names of your own characters, or imaginary figures made for the sake of the discource. However, try to stick to your characters as much as possible to keep it as In-game-IC as possible! Writing on behalf of Lore-characters (King Wrynn, Tirion etc) is not allowed.
6) All replies in a single thread have to be somewhat connected to the topic of original essay. So, thread discussing Salmon can end up in the debate on the tastiness of trout, but should not end up in heated argument about Late-Gurubashi art.

So, here is the first essay. I know I've posted it already, but I think the topic is still interessting. If it fails to spark a discussion, I already have a new one ready. Since essay is Old, so is signature. I am -not- back on Ioanna and currently she is not an Archlectress. just pretend the essay....resurfaced.

An essay on the evils of the New Horde and allegedly 'moderate' warchief Thrall
by Ioanna Adrasteia, archlectress of the Chapter of the Holy Anethion.

Abstract

Sentiment is spreading amongst the Human population of Stormwind that the Horde is in some-way misunderstood and has been mistreated either by the hand of Fate or directly by the alliance policy. These misguided individuals then go on to argue that the Alliance leadership is in the wrong for waging a destructive war against the Horde and should sue for peace. In this paper I will illustrate that all the assumptions of Horde's innocence or victim-status are inherently wrong, and the only logical decision a well-thinking individual can make is the utter obliteration of this unholy union of the primitive races with the abominable Forsaken and the deceived Blood Elves.

Introduction

To my surprise, members of the Chapter of Holy Anethion have been reporting encountering Horde sympathizers on the streets of Stormwind who go as far as to declare the forsaken guiltless and misunderstood. Not taking their word at face value, I've set out to investigate this myself. After several interviews and conversations I was forced to admit that indeed some layers of Stormwind population are prone to seeing the Horde in a romantic light and do not hold them accountable for all the misdeeds.

Written documents which I have unearthed show such devious acts as Kingdom of Arathor negotiating with the Orcs of the Red Blade about a cease-fire and certain foreign priestess advocating peace and understanding in our Cathedral. There was also a fair share of Horde-Alliance peace summits, which demonstrates just how misguided the population has become. I feel obliged to give due credit to the people of Ironforge and the Kal'dorei who have denied any such claims of Horde's innocence on both popular and governmental levels. And Long Live King Varian, who looks right above the heads of fools and sees the Horde for what it truly is. May the Light bless King Varian with subjects who have the wisdom to share his irrefutably correct views.

The Orcish Horde - From Demon-pact to the gates of Lordaeron

Good people of the Human Nations, dwarves of Bronzebeard and Wildhammer clans and the elves of Quel’thalas have tasted first-hand the savagery of the Orcish blades. It is an undeniable fact of our history that the Orcs have swept across Stormwind Kingdom leaving no two stones piled together and no tree uncut. Loss of life was astonishing. Light-willingly, the Grand Alliance has prevailed in the end. It is not known exactly how many lives have been lost in the war, but numbers go well over hundred thousand.

The atrocity the Orcs have committed is unforgivable, their crimes mass up to nothing short of genocide of all civilized life as we know it. At this point the proponents of ‘Peace’ argue that the Orcs have been forced to commit their crimes by the Legion.

We hold it as Truth that one’s soul is only lost when he willingly yields it, and in this case it was not different. The Orcish leaders and people have willingly embraced the Demonic evil, and the brutality with which the chieftains who opposed such radical change were destroyed, shows that there was a plenty of those who tried to fight the Demonic corruption. The Orcish people had enough warning and sufficient chance to fight back and resist. They gave in, which makes them fully responsible for their acts during the War against the Grand Alliance and near-complete genocide of the Draenei.

Uther’s Mercy – Internment Camps

While the Orcs came to destroy us utterly, revered followers of the Holy Light have shown clemency to these misguided savages. The Dark Portal stood sealed and a great number of Orcs remained stranded on Azeroth. By all laws in existence, all royal decrees ever pronounced, these monsters had to be executed for their misdeeds. Yet followers of the Light kept true to their virtues, and despite political pressure from Arathor and Gilneans chose to give Orcs a second chance.

Orcs and Horde-sympathizers can cite poor conditions of Internment Camps and whine on how inhumane they are, but these individuals do not think clearly. Let us not forget that the Horde caused tremendous loss of life and economic damage which goes beyond any accountant’s worst nightmares. It was in this situation of hungry, scarred peasants crying for justice and famine and poverty spreading throughout the war-torn lands that nations of the Alliance have taken it upon themselves the upkeep of thousands of Orcs. I see it as my duty to remind the reader that although the conditions were prison-like, the Alliance leadership did not use these Orcs as slaves despite the terrifying costs of running the facilities.

The Horde Reborn

It is obvious that as older generation of war-criminals withered away in the camps and new generation grew up exposed to the superior culture of the Alliance, human Kings would seek a more permanent solution to the Orcish problem. They’ve invested in the camps for twenty years, therefore extermination of inmates at this point was out of question. Maintaining the camps was out of question as well due to phenomenal high costs of running them. Was it not for the Scourge, Orcish camps would be abolished in 10-15 years and replaced by Orcish diasporas where the new generation could live as ,albeit second-rank, citizens of the Alliance.

This was not to happen as an inpatient and ungrateful Orc named Thrall has facilitated a massive uprising and exodus of Orcish people. From any doctrinal point of view we should cheer these people’s wish to self-determine and take maintenance of their people in their own hands. However, what the Orc-lovers forget to mention when citing ill treatment of Thrall, is that the savage green wave has destroyed hundreds of innocent human guards who were doing their job. These men have given away best years of their lives maintaining underfunded facilities so that the Orcs have a chance to live, rather than be exterminated. This is how they were repaid.

New World Politics

And so, the Orcs whose conception as a newly freed people was far from immaculate have landed on the shores of Kalimdor. Their first deed as an independent political species was to rescue the Darkspear trolls from the murlocks. Orc-lovers refer to this as an act of great compassion; I say this was simply politics. It is a common notion now that the Trolls live as a protectorate of the Orcs. The migration of Trolls from Durotar into the embrace of the Gurubashi Empire stands as testimony of popular discontent with the Orcish regime. They who were slaves, now became the slavers. Should any Troll who has broken the bonds of savagery and is mastering the sublime art of Magic in the halls of Dalaran, or does his duty for the hallowed Aldor read this, I implore him or her to seek self-determination for his people and liberate them from the Orcish yoke. I am sure the Orcs would fully approve of that, even if you slaughter their soldiers, for that is what they’ve done to the soldiers of the Alliance who saved their lives at price of liberty once.

Political Course set

Orc-lovers amongst the alliance are going into a state of near-ecstasy which is prone to heresy at this point. Like frothing horses, with foam steaming out of their mouth, they boast Thrall’s benevolence and compassion at this point. Saving Trolls from the Murlocks was hardly a big –choice-, but now the Orcs were finally set before their first major political decision.

Most of central Kalimdor was dominated by primitive species known as the Centaurs. These species were engaged at war with the nomadic Tauren. The Orcs stood before a choice of what species to ally with. The act of true compassion would be to act as mediator between the two warring races and bring them to a peaceful co-existence. The Orcs chose to ally with the Tauren, something those horde-lovers cheer as an act of compassion for saving the poor bull-men from Centaur imperialism.

However. Had the Orcs sided with the Centaur, they would now be in a Kalimdor with a race which is their equal. The Orcs would now have to reach political compromises and fully account of Centaur ambitions and interests. By siding with the Tauren, they’ve spared a petty race which they’ve then turned into a protectorate with which they do not have to account at all. Examples of this negligence of Tauren-interest and values are the Orcish treatment of the Kaldorei forests. While Tauren Druids and Shamans speak of natural balance and unite with the Circle to preserve the land, their Orcish overlords destroy very-same lands. I hope that you now see that the Orcs have chosen to side with the ‘underdog’ for solely political motives of eliminating a race to be reckoned with from their living space.

New Genocide

When Orcs came to Azeroth urged forth by their demonic overlords, they got it in their thick heads that they are in some way entitled to the Land held for millennia by other races. When they came to Kalimdor, a free race, they did no different. You see, the provinces of Barrens and Durotar which now form the heartland of the Orcish nation were already occupied by the Quillboars. Although Quillboar technology and administration is primitive, their numbers and fighting spirit make them a force to be reckoned with. Again, Orcs had a chance to ascend to modern Nationhood and start advanced diplomatic relationship with the new species. They did not. Orcish colonists have chosen to start a massive genocide against the Quillboar and now Durotar and the Barrens lay filled with the traces of this unholy battle. Is this truly the ‘free’ Horde? Not tainted by the Demons? They still choose genocide as a legitimate way of dispossessing land from rightful owners.

Imperialism

Initial clashes between the Orcs and the Kaldorei are a misunderstanding. Following the Battle at mt. Hyjal the Orcs and the Kaldorei had sufficient understanding of each others’ way as well as an initial boost of relationship. This was as good a chance as any to initiate friendly relationships between the Horde and the Kaldorei. Orcs have made peace with the Tauren, with the Trolls…what went wrong with the Night Elves?

As I’ve illustrated above, the Orcs are only interested in alliances in which they are the top dog or in which they don’t have to share and compromise. That is why they’ve chosen the Tauren over the Centaur and decided to destroy the Quillboar instead of seeking a settlement. The Kaldorei are too advanced and too powerful for the Orcs to subjugate, and therefore the new Horde have chosen a path of blunt imperialism, continuing their abominable policy of dispossession and genocide perfected against the Quillboar.

In Proudmoore’s defense

This is usually the point where Orc-lovers among us start sweating and stare off into the distance before finally pulling their trump-card out of the sleeve: Admiral Proudmoore. Apparently, Admiral Proudmoore’s attack on the Horde is cited as a great injustice on alliance’s behalf and justification for an all-out war.

The Horde attacked by Admiral Proudmoore is already a growing, imperialistic power prone to genocide and usurpation. Let us put ourselves in his place. Before your eyes Quillboar thorns burn throughout the night and countless creatures are dispossessed of the land they held for generations, those who fight for their homes and families are brutally slaughtered. Savagery of the Horde went as far as to hire mercenaries and pay bounties for Quillboar tusks. Not only did the Horde initiate genocide, but they also treated this race with arrogant contempt. Mighty trees of Ashenvale fall before your sight as the Orcs push into Ashenvale and slaughter Elven defenders fighting for what is left of their ancient empire. Then some smart-ass delivers so-called evidence that the Orcs are no longer demon-controlled. You ask, ‘Does it matter whether or not they are controlled by the demons? Are their crimes not self-evident?’

Back to Lordaeron

I’ve never spoken to the ‘Spirits’, but from what I’ve learned from the Draenei these Spirits are manifestation of the natural forces. How can the Horde, led by a –Shaman-, ever side with the Forsaken who blight the land with their evil experiments and are an abomination to every natural law imaginable? By this point I call upon you all to open your eyes to callous, pragmatic politics of the Horde. So-called ‘Benevolent’ Thrall openly sides up with monsters and fully supports their despicable experiments on living creatures and their attempts to create a new plague. Vile intent is so evident with the Forsaken that a brain-damaged weasel would recognize it. If this does not expose the Horde for what it truly is, it gets better.

Back to the Demon’s fold

You are approached by the emissary of a deranged prince who endorses genocide of the Draenei, sabotages a neutral Naaru vessel, Channels demonic powers and makes pact with the demons. He asks you for an alliance, what do you do? Thrall says “So be it.” Do you still have the illusion that the Orcs have truly broken with their demonic past?

Conclusion and Advice

It is self-evident that there is nothing innocent and benevolent about the Horde. They had been given a generous and selfless chance by the Alliance to walk the path to redemption, but they’ve returned to their foul ways of imperialism and genocide. Horde as a power today is the Orcish nation with its two protectorates the trolls and the tauren, and an alliance of convenience with the Forsaken and the Blood Elves.

The Horde endorses the use of necromancy and demonic magic, employs foul plagues which murder indiscriminately and spare neither the child nor the widow. Horde forces have decimated the Quillboar and Centaur races and are slowly pushing the Harpies to near extinction. Are the Kaldorei next on their list? The Horde knows nothing of proper international relationships and knows only the path of war and genocide. I promise you that once the Tauren or the Trolls grow in power and start challenging the Orcs, the Warchief will show his true face to the world by quelling his subject’s wishes to self-determinate as a rebellion.

To all the men of affluence within the Alliance I recommend to see horde-sympathy as a cancer upon our society and punish it as an act of Treason. We are dealing here with a well-organized, callous and cunning force Evil which seeks only to dominate this world while cleverly playing its cards of innocents and playing the victim when convenient. Let us look at the races who have already faced destruction at the hands of this so-called ‘New Horde’ and never let anything of the like to befall humankind ever again.

The most reasonable policy against the Horde would be to offer monetary and military support to the splinter-groups amongst the Tauren and the Trolls while weakening the Orcs. Once the Trolls and the Tauren have risen in comparative power, they will abandon the callous Warchief who has forced their people to commit countless misdoings. I advise the Alliance to seek settlement with the Blood Elves now that they had a change of leadership, if the Alliance is no threat to them, they will have no further reason to remain on the side of the Horde. I firmly believe that liberated Tauren, affiliated with the Cenarion Circle, are potential allies in the reclamation of Lordaeron from Forsaken, especially as Tauren dominions lay outside the Alliance strategic zone of interest. We must be weary of the Gurubashi Empire which might seize the chance to turn the Darkspear trolls into their protectorates. We must also not forget that the Orcish nation still owes the Grand Alliance reparations for the First War, upkeep of internment camps and the recent warfare as well. Reparations which we will have to strip from their corpses and salvage from the ruins of their cities.

May the Light give us wisdom and strength,
Sister Ioánna Adrasteia
Archlectress of the Chapter

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

[Discource] The 'New' Horde is Evil Empty Re: [Discource] The 'New' Horde is Evil

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Very nice read thar.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

[Discource] The 'New' Horde is Evil Empty Re: [Discource] The 'New' Horde is Evil

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:08 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:Very nice read thar.

Seconded.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:48 pm

((OOC: We're supposed to post icly))
*Ezlbag shifts trought the document before throwing it onto a table*
"Right time to find some documentation on those mechanognomes!"
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:22 pm

Ezlbag wrote:((OOC: We're supposed to post icly))

((You are quite right, I do apologise and thusly I give my responce))

*Vezullia gazes at the paper, the light of a candle flickers soon to extinguish*
"So she is stating why we are at war with the Horde and attempting to justify Proudmoore? Seems rather futile."
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:21 am

*after reading the artical Shentin takes another sip of warm blood out of a fresh ork skull*
"hmm...its about time those humans start to see sence"
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:27 pm

Shentin wrote:*after reading the artical Shentin takes another sip of warm blood out of a fresh ork skull*
"hmm...its about time those humans start to see sence"

Krogon grumbled as he sifts through the pile of scrolls and panthlets, a well stocked supply of the latest alliance 'editorials' and news that the goblins privded him with after some coin. he eventually sets down his small cup of herb tea to gaze over one particular document.

"Why the New horde is evil" he mused in a whisper...

"...hrmmgh, i had best fetch my inking tools for a reply, this documents writer lacked an open mind.."

The Blademaster snorted, lifting his cup to breathe in the smooth herbal scent of tea once again.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by teirzul Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:03 pm

*peer's at the man crawling out of the door with some puzzlement on her face. once the man had given up, reaching down to pick up the message that was delivered.
blinking as she catachs her self in the mirror the shrugs
"should have kept a helment on"
opening the letter and starts to read though the text then a small grin forms
"deranged prince who endorses genocide"
throwing the rest in to the fire placing the black helmet on and steping over the rotting corpse of the messanger
"sounds like stormwind poltics"

( is any one going to make these ghi?)
teirzul
teirzul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:40 pm

*grabs the document once more shifting trought the pages again*
"massive genocide against the quillboars"
*stuffs the document into his backpack looking around to make sure nobody notices*
"Time to hire a couple of orc merc's then!"
*sprints out of the dalaranian library with a handfull of new books in his bag*
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:05 pm

Mid afternoon. Stormwind Intelligence headquarters is unusually quiet, low lit with sparse candles. Most of the light usualy filtered in through the few windows without shutters drawn. Upon checking the usual paperwork and correspondance Jayse sets aside a larger tome revealing a copy of what appears to be at first glance a discource. The name signed immediatly strikes out..

"Sister Ioánna Adrasteia?.. She's not been in cloth for at lea-" He looks up from the large desk walking over to a clerk busy focused on scribing parchment orders addressed to the Admiral of the Stormwind Navy. Jayse taps him on the shoulder holding the paper infront.

"How long ago was this written?"

"Were not sure Chief, the origional copy appeared to have gone missing. It's a transcription recovered from Dalaran"

Jayse nods turning back to his desk taking a seat once again and begins to read through. The more he reads the more he appears to smirk in amusement. "Oh.. if only they knew at least half the truth.." Shaking his head with a soft chuckle the paper is set to the side of his desk and swapped in his hand for a series of pictographs, swapping each in turn after taking a long look at each.

"Matthews, how long before the orders are ready?"

"I'm finishing the last ones now Chief. You think they will accept?"

"They have no choice Matthews.. If we want to end this war, we take a decisive move. They've been approved by the King.. just remember to ephasize the importance we have no witnesses. Understood?"

Matthews nods solemnly turning back to his papers which resting on a large seachart of Kalimdor's waters with both traderoutes outlines and various intersections circled and crossed. "Understood Chief.."

"Don't give me that look.. I don't like this as much as you but the Master's orders are the Master's orders. It's tactically sound.. war is a bloody buisness.." Jayse looks back to the pictographs then sets them in a forced cascade across his desk.

"However this discource.. will help the operation. If it is indeed a copy it means there are more out there. Propeganda we need to justify the move, it works in our favour"
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:31 pm

[OOC : I really enjoyed this. This is also an excellent idea, but which will take time and investissement to all which will participate. You wrote your essay so nicely, that I'll certainly not answer to it fastly. This need mature reflection. But damn ! You almost convinced me that Horde is evil! Wink ]
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down