Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New RP-PVP Guild Evil Squadron

+6
Arabella Greene
Dyone
Charlie Blazesong
siegmund
Weird guy
Dusky
10 posters

Go down

New RP-PVP Guild Evil Squadron Empty New RP-PVP Guild Evil Squadron

Post by Dusky Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:19 am

Its late in the evening, the third moon from Draenor is about to go down and darkness can strike any time. The Iron Horde becomes more powerful each day, however our heroes fight day and night to stop The Iron Horde it seems like its a impossible mission. Word on the street goes that the Horde is planning an attack on the Alliance. These attackers are not the ones under command of Vol'jin, but are little elite groeps skulking in the shadows crawling closer and closer. To stop these outcasts a group of war veterans, assassins and even heroes resurrected from death joined forces to form a Squadron. Because of their history, ways of acting or/and skills in dark magic they are called evil, ruthless beings by others around them. Knowing the community hates them they still want to fight and stop The Horde from raiding our cities and so they called themselves the Evil Squadron.

Chapter goal: Destroy current threats

We dont play by the strict rules but still want to fight for the Alliance

Now we are looking for more people to join our evil army to raise our ranks, become stronger and well known every day.
Whisper Dusklord-DefiasBrotherhood to apply and join our ranks.

Our final goal will be to become like one of the frontline guilds like in Sword Art Online

We're new to RP so every feedback is much appreciated

Last edited by Dusky on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

Dusky

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

New RP-PVP Guild Evil Squadron Empty Re: New RP-PVP Guild Evil Squadron

Post by Weird guy Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:53 am

Just a friendly tip, your guild needs a goal, like taking over stormwind, odds are very small that you will EVER succeed, but you need that goal to aim for unless you just want to become another of those "I'm criminak because I'm cool and that way I can get chicks and do meny ERP" guilds.

My point is, stand out from the common criminals

Don't take over stormwind though, that is such a cliché but strafe for taking control of the guard units within stormwind, attack from within not direct attacks

Weird guy

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:09 am

Sounds sort of like potentially mercenaries, but not really it.

Out of curiosity though what exactly does the evil stand for, is it something people would asociate them with becouse they love to slaughter?
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird guy Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:16 am

siegmund wrote:Sounds sort of like potentially mercenaries, but not really it.

Out of curiosity though what exactly does the evil stand for, is it something people would asociate them with becouse they love to slaughter?

Exactly, trying to take over the guard duties in Stormwind is per say not really evil either, ofcourse the thoughts behind it can, but I agree that it sounds like Potential mercenaries.

It could also just be serial killers, but that doesn't really need a guild to be a serial killer.

Weird guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:25 am

Would also be a good idea to look at the other recruitment threads, I personally don't find this enough of an advertisement to grab my attention or interest. It is very short and just leaves a bit of confusion. I am all for rp-pvp. Listing up say guildrules would for example be a good idea.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusky Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:29 am

We are not trying to take over the sw city guards or something and keep in mind im all in rp :3 and with evil we mean that we dont keep us to rules and show no mercy to anything that stands in our way to reach our goal hope that answers your questions a bit Razz

Dusky

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird guy Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:32 am

In order to make it catching I'd say you need some big goal, no one want to join if you just state "We stand around doing drugs and wants to ERP women" I know you did not state that.

Add a catchy goal!

Weird guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:37 am

Just make sure a goal is there. I miss the evil kind of RP. But yeah, that's coming from someone who havent RPed in quite a while.

Anyhow. Good luck with it Smile

Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Arabella Greene Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:44 am

Define what you mean by evil.
And is the guild really going to be called Evil Squadron, really?
Arabella Greene
Arabella Greene

Character sheet
Name: Arabella Greene
Title: Terrible Role Model.

Back to top Go down

Post by Secran Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:45 am

Arabella Greene wrote:Define what you mean by evil.
And is the guild really going to be called Evil Squadron, really?

Pretty much my thoughts.
Secran
Secran

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:51 am

I have a few Questions ...

Where are you settled ? Considering you're a group or dishonored men who went of to join each other to commit ever more crime breaking from the alliance .

Considering these line of action high treason death would be waiting for all of you... Stormwind is a Military Capital and staying in Stormwind or entering considering all crimes above you'd have a really bad time there
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusky Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:56 am

hmm we havent really figured out yet where we gonna stay but for now garrison would do fine xD

Dusky

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Weird guy Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:28 pm

I'd suggest sitting down with your current members and discuss the pointers given here then Razz A good guild is not just created with a snap of your fingers.

Find your guilds end plot, base of operations and all that fancy stuff then it will also become a more informative recruitment thread

Weird guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Secran Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Instead of being cynical as I just was I decided to give you some guidelines for setting up an RP guild. Since we won't want to turn our backs on newcomer RP-ers.

These things I'm about to say are based on nothing but my own thoughts

First off: Welcome to the RP community. Always good to see people getting interested by RP.

Guidelines:
Guildname The guild name should spark interest in my opinion. You could choose for them to be informative about the guilds focus (IE: Disciples of the Light -> Obviously Light-focused RP or Stormwind Regiment -> Military of stormwind). The name can be as informative as you want, but as seen in the examples you can spark interest really fast. Keep in mind that an informative guildname is not required. I am ashamed to admit that on first glance I did not think that 'Wild Tempest' was a RP guild, but more focussed on hardcore raiding (srry guys) . I later found out they RP-ed and PVP-ed. For now I'd say Evil Squadron sounds like a new comic book series (pls no offense); Maybe it is too global, since you implied that you were former soldiers of the Alliance that were kicked out you could go along the lines of something with 'Outcast', 'Outlaws' or maybe even 'Deserters'. Im just spitballing here.

Concept & Backstory
You gave us a brief background of some of the guilds members -> Soldiers that were kicked out of the military, because they didn't play by the rules. Make sure you players know what kind of people your guild is looking for: 'Ex-military exclusively, Deserters, criminals or maybe even cold-blooded killers'? it's important you draw lines in my opinion, because before you know it the guild might turn into a direction you didn't want it to go where as you are a straight up criminal gang. Backstory is always helpfull, but not necessary. Maybe you can tell a brief story on how it was founded.

Goal
This is very important. Without it i would say that the guild won't last. As soon as you set a goal for the guild, people will be more likely to join. This is because their characters maybe share those goals with the guild. Make your goal/purpose as ambitious as you want it to be and more important: make it an interesting for other guilds to interact with. Honestly I think you found a nice idea that is somewhere in the middle ground of Forlorn Cartel (Criminal guild) and the Stormwind Regiment (Military/ Peacekeepers). I think it would be fascinating to see this guild interact with these guilds. But really think about what your goals are: Are you a team that will do the jobs that require more roughness. Are you Mercenaries for hire? Do you wish to be most renown Military guild of the alliance/stormwind?. I think the goal is more important than anything above (even the guildname).

Optional stuff
RP Hub/Headquarters  Do you have a base of operations? Where? Don't just claim, but ask around here what is available since some spots are taken (IE: SI7 building, etc). Do you operate in 1 specific area, like Stormwind, Stormwind + Ironforge or all over the place?
Guild rules Pretty obvious to set some for OOC AND IC (Ranks, use violence only when necessary, wear uniform/tabard at all time, etc)
Relations What are you relations with other RP guilds. Do you hate the military for kicking you out? Do you side with criminals sometimes? To be fair these things are mostly setup ingame when you interact with other guilds.
Events, Patrols, Casual RP, PVE, PVP What do you have to offer players basically. Why would anyone want to join your guild?

Guess that what I had to say. Hope you put it to good use. Again, this is all coming from someone that has no experience whatsoever with setting up an RP guild. However I think it requires Time, Effort and people that are willing to help you out.

I wish you the best of luck and I am honestly really interested where this guild will go. I am hoping to see a new Recruitment post soon.

PS: for other readers: Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on some points and help Dusky out!
Secran
Secran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:40 pm

Right so I think as the above guy pointed out there are more interesting ways to phrase this stuff.
Rather than being "evil" go for something along the lines of missunderstood! Or you are just a bunch of realists that have figured out the horde isn't going to go down if we keep pussyfooting around.
You have realised that all the "fighting with honour" and "upholding treaties" are for the weak idiots who don't realise that its us or them, its the final showdown, its go time!

Although your previous superiors may not agree with your methods, maybe they haven't actually made any effort to stop you.
Maybe even if the higher brass in the public eye due to diplomatic relations are required to condemn you and your actions, they secretly give you the thumbs up because ey, dead horde is dead horde!
(If you are going to be a organization that isn't strictly operating within alliance military law, having somebody play a military commander with unofficial connections to your regiment would maybe be smart. A character you could send to IC war meetings etc just to be in the know about w-pvp campaigns and so forth)

Give it some cool name that isn't just "evil squadron" Because what person would willingly sign up for somebody who just defines themselves as evil? Heck most dictators don't see themselves as evil.
For names maybe look to other games for inspiration! The first thing that pops into my head is "Corpse Brigade" from final fantasy tactics... may make it sound slightly like a undead regiment but the Brigade in the game was a group of peasant soldiers attempting to start a revolution on account of being denied their fair pay after a recent war.

As for places to hang out, go wherever the action is on! Grab your sword and fight the horde!
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:52 pm

Silverlavia(silvermoon) needs people like this to keep the peace.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusky Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone very helpfull and much appreciated deffinitely gonna make work of it TYVM Very Happy

Dusky

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusky Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:57 pm

Updated our story

Dusky

Character sheet
Name:
Title: