Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the topic of death.

+14
Gahalla
Mandui
Ledgic
Avein/Numerius
Jayse
Jeanpierre
Chrystan
Etular
Kozgugore Feraleye
Gesh
Geldar
Kristeas Sunbinder
Magaskawee/Anaei
Cinchillion
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

On the topic of death. - Page 2 Empty Re: On the topic of death.

Post by Gesh Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:42 am

Double post fail, My bad Sad
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:56 pm

I have a bit of experience in this field and advise you not to go down it.Fake your death if you must I'll even help you IC.But communication like stated above is key otherwise you'll wreck the effect.If you get fed up playing on one character clear it with the guild that he's going to some isolated area to train or something.I wish I thought of that.But always give yourself room to come back on good RP terms.
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:07 pm

I think it's up to each person personally if they want their character ressurected. But I think, to do so, you must ressurect them shortly after dead. If they have already been dead for X amounts of hours or days, it wouldn't be feasable, but I certainly won't judge anyone over it myself.

It's up to each person.

Back to top Go down

Post by Garmegin Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Character death is fine and an essential part of everything. But people get bloody attached to their characters and such a thing should be settled on OOCly first if you wish to kill anyone. If you're interested about the one that could possibly be dying then please please do NOT get attached to your character and realise that he must die if he basically runs right into someone's weapon.
Which would leave to the topic of resurrection. Most people seem butthurt over resurrection but I have another way of looking at it seeing that I've had a character resurrected. The whole revival thing is fine as long as you realise that it is nothing to take lightly. Even with all the healing mumbo jumbo the body will likely still suffer permanent damage. But more important than that is the effect being raised from the dead would have on the psyche. Even being resurrected through holy light and whatnot would still leave a horrible scar on one's psyche much like what death knights suffer or maybe in the complete opposite direction depending on what is the character's personality to begin with. Once glimpsed death one could become horribly afraid from it and become completely paranoid and unable to take any risk at all. Or he might find his very existence completely meaningless and fall into a depression. There are many stuff that can happen here. My character's resurrection was tied with his sentient maniac sword and right now my character is nothing but an empty shell and a tool for that weapon - he's more or less unable to feel emotion right now and doesn't even enjoy battle but does it because the sword has just got it's roots into him after that.

To sum it up: death has to happen if the situation calls for it. Resurrection is fine as long as you don't take it lightly and you are creative about it.

Garmegin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:37 pm

Meh. Resurrections are bad in my opinion. But through my many years of RPing in WoW, I've witnessed a fair few of these "resurrection rituals" that were mentioned, and seriously, don't you agree that might've been the most boring RP you've ever had? But yeah, if you had to endure that just to pass that you've ressed your character, I frankly don't care if you res it or not, you're entitled to RP that character again if you want. x_x
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinchillion Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Thanks for all the replies peeps. Much help given.

Cinchillion

Character sheet
Name: Cin Chillion
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2