Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The purple parlor ball.

+8
Baròth / Olian
Jeanpierre
itsy
Magaskawee/Anaei
Elloa
Mandui
Jomir
Uatan/Puaar
12 posters

Go down

[A] The purple parlor ball. Empty [A] The purple parlor ball.

Post by Uatan/Puaar Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:38 pm

First time I saw purple parlor terrace at Dalaran I knew this had to be done. A gigantic ball where people come in formally dressed, meet the good old butler Alfred at door then join their friends to dance and have fun. A civilized ball would be some fresh change to good old fist fights at streets of SW.

I can take care of the OOC matters such as sending invitations but need help to provide an IC reason for the ball, IC organizer (a high ranking official of Kirin Tor or just someone with enough influence/wealth to pull this off) and any other help you are willing to provide.

Interested? Send me a pm or contact ingame through a character with the same name as my forum account and we will discuss the details.
Uatan/Puaar
Uatan/Puaar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] The purple parlor ball. Empty Re: [A] The purple parlor ball.

Post by Jomir Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:52 pm

A pity its so laggy, Dalaran is quite visually appealing
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:05 pm

This would be an awesome event if it wasn't for the obvious OOC spam that will occur. Bored people will notice it and then all those who enjoy mocking RPers will flood the event. I doubt Dalaran is the place to do something like that, which is a shame since it is really appealing. You could always try regardless I guess. Good luck with it Very Happy
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Uatan/Puaar Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Or I could look up a new location. Can't wait for cata to make Dalaran a bit emptier Smile
Uatan/Puaar
Uatan/Puaar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elloa Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Elloa (if her player is available :p ) will certainly come with curiosity. I'll also transfer the information over my guild if you agree.
Elloa
Elloa

Character sheet
Name: Elloa
Title:

http://whitestar.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Puaar wrote:Or I could look up a new location. Can't wait for cata to make Dalaran a bit emptier Smile

Will it really? There is no new neutral city. The port has not surfaced yet we were promsied. Therefore Dalaran still has portals to all cities. It'll in my opinion remain the main hang out hub.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:51 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Puaar wrote:Or I could look up a new location. Can't wait for cata to make Dalaran a bit emptier Smile

Will it really? There is no new neutral city. The port has not surfaced yet we were promsied. Therefore Dalaran still has portals to all cities. It'll in my opinion remain the main hang out hub.

I remember them saying there won't be new Sanctuaries, however I'm pretty sure the Horde and Alliance will each have a separate endgame hub with portals, I can't remember where I read it though
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:36 pm

Jazeel wrote:
Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

I remember them saying there won't be new Sanctuaries, however I'm pretty sure the Horde and Alliance will each have a separate endgame hub with portals, I can't remember where I read it though

Think logically, where? Where would make sense? STormwind? No, lowbies can get there. Deepholm perhaps? Silly to me..
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:37 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Jazeel wrote:
Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

Think logically, where? Where would make sense? STormwind? No, lowbies can get there. Deepholm perhaps? Silly to me..

No he's right they did say they're putting new endgame hubs in, silly to you or not. ANd it's not in an old city, it's in one of the new areas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:07 am

Can't we take over Silvermoon and have the ball there?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Uatan/Puaar Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:30 am

A victory celebration ball? I'm afraid of the full wrathful OOCers from horde side :S
Uatan/Puaar
Uatan/Puaar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Baròth / Olian Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:37 am

Jomir/Nastor/Gannas wrote:A pity its so laggy, Dalaran is quite visually appealing

That, my friend. Is not a problem, for the parlor is so high above the other players in Dalaran that you barely notice the lag that is below. :3
Baròth / Olian
Baròth / Olian

Back to top Go down

Post by Alakina Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:26 am

Alakina Aisling would love to attend to a ball! It is a great idea. and i see that my fellow Whitestarian Elloa is up for it aswell.
Alakina
Alakina

Character sheet
Name: Alakina Zilla Aisling
Title: Editor-in-Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:37 pm

Deepholm is the new 'Portal Hub with NPCs for both factions in the 'Temple of the Earth'.

What's the difference? It's not a sanctuary and we can openly attack each other. I wouldn't be suprised if it's like Booty Bay though.

In regards to the thread, it also depends on if you fancy it being multi-faction or not. Otherwise, Stormwind Keep Gardens of the Dwarven District Hall are good locations.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Uatan/Puaar Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:17 pm

I just somehow can't imagine a sophisticated ball being held in Stormwind. Place full of thiefs and lowlifes. After some exploring there weren't really any other places like the purple parlor. Nothing matches its elegance let alone the butler Alfred :<

Only things close to it might be the large night elf pavilion type inns in Ashenvale and Darkshore. As said lag really isn't much of a problem in the purple parlor. Its too high above Dalaran for it to have any real effect on my screen at least.

Now wondering if it'd be anyway possible to avoid the OOC griefers.
Uatan/Puaar
Uatan/Puaar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Sadly there is very little you can do to avoid OOC Griefers no matter what you do. It's either accept it'll happen, ignore it and do the best to educate the fuck-wits. Or, as too may do, complain like hell on the forums after the event
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:19 pm

Exodar's Crystal Hall is always a great place for festivities. It even provides its own music!
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down