Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H-A*] King of the Hills (ORB RP Focus)

+7
Jayse
Jomir
Nianni Fence
Elízabéth Moren
Jimble
Raviran / Reynar
Kil'drakor
11 posters

Go down

[H-A*] King of the Hills (ORB RP Focus) Empty [H-A*] King of the Hills (ORB RP Focus)

Post by Kil'drakor Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Lok-tar!

I've recently taken up the endeavoir to organize a couple of role-playing events for the Orcs of the Red Blade in and around the Grizzly Hills. The Orcs of the Red Blade have been starting to use role-playing focuses. Basically this means we stick around one region for an extended period of time in which we do all our events there. What I'm trying here is obviously no exception. To make this succesful, however, I'm looking for a couple of individuals and organizations to pitch in. But first, I'll make a brief summary of what I have in store.

So basically, the Orcs of the Red Blade will venture to the Grizzly Hills to secure the logging operations in this area; and possibly strive for Horde-domination of the area itself. Our main base of operations will be Conquest Hold (and secondary the outpost Camp Oneqwah). In the mean time the Alliance, after hearing of our dastardly plan, will dispatch a force themselves to try and prevent Horde dominion of the Grizzly Hills. Their main base of operations will be Westfall Brigade Encampment (and secondary the outpost Amberpine Lodge).

EDIT: Regarding the time span; I was thinking of spreading this out over two to three weeks. Preferably I would like to start doing battle the 25th of July (a Sunday) and plan from there on out.

[H-A*] King of the Hills (ORB RP Focus) Grizzlyhills

Last edited by Gnash on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 4 times in total

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H-A*] King of the Hills (ORB RP Focus) Empty Planned events

Post by Kil'drakor Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:20 pm

RP-PvP

The Ambush
Skirmish location: the mountain pass between Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills
Horde starting point: Camp Oneqwah
Alliance starting point: Valgarde (continue to Fort Wildevar)
Horde objective: Disrupt the Alliance reinforcements (won't happen Razz)
Alliance objective: Reach the Westfall Brigade encampment.

Battle for Blackriver
Skirmish location: Blackriver Logging Camp
Horde base: Conquest Hold
Alliance base: Amberpine Lodge
Objective: Gain control over the Blackriver Logging Camp by obliterating the opposite faction three times
Horde scenario: If objective is completed - continue to raze Amberpine Lodge to the ground. In the case of failure, retreat to Conquest Hold.
Alliance scenario: If objective is completed - capture Venture Bay as the third base. In the case of failure retreat to Westfall Brigade Encampment.

Along the Watchtowers
Skirmish location: Ashwood Post, White Pine Trading Post, Redwood Trading Post, Heartwood Trading Post.
Horde base: Camp Oneqwah
Alliance base: Westfall Brigade Encampment
Objective: Gain control over the four watchtowers in eastern Grizzly Hills for an extended period of time
Horde scenario: If objective is completed - capture Bluesky Logging Grounds as part of the logging campaign. In the case of failure, retreat to Conquest Hold.
Alliance scenario: If objective is completed - continue to raze Camp Oneqwah to the ground. In the case of failure, retreat to Westfall Brigade Encampment.

Blue Sky, Red River
Skirmish location: Bluesky Logging Grounds
Horde base dependant on outcome of 'Along the Watchtowers' (defending or assaulting)
Alliance base dependant on outcome of 'Along the Watchtowers' (defending or assaulting)
Objective: Gain or keep control over the Bluesky Logging Grounds by obliterating the opposite faction three times.
Horde scenario: If objective is completed - the Horde has control over the Bluesky Logging Grounds. In the case of failure, retreat to Conquest Hold
Alliance scenario: If objective is completed - the Alliance has control over the Bluesky Logging Grounds. In the case of failure, retreat to Westfall Brigade Encampment

The Last Stand
Skirmish location: Venture Bay
Horde base dependant on outcome of 'Battle for Blackriver' (defending or assaulting)
Alliance base dependant on outcome of 'Battle for Blackriver' (defending or assaulting)
Objective: Gain or keep control over Venture Bay by obliterating the opposite faction three times.
Horde scenario: If objective is completed - the Horde has control over Venture Bay. In the case of failure, retreat to Conquest Hold
Alliance scenario: If objective is completed - the Alliance has control over Venture Bay. In the case of failure, retreat to Westfall Brigade Encampment

Last edited by Gnash on Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H-A*] King of the Hills (ORB RP Focus) Empty Re: [H-A*] King of the Hills (ORB RP Focus)

Post by Kil'drakor Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:26 pm

RP

March of the Orcs
Scenario: The Orcs of the Red Blade are traveling to their new base: Conquest Hold. After arriving in Vengeance Landing, Howling Fjord, they receive an unwelcome message: word has it a gnome messenger tried to make his way to the Westfall Brigade Encampment; and apparently he was squished under the boot of a grumpy Storm Giant. The orcs continue to track down the behemoth to claim the message and use it to their advantage (Prologue to 'The Ambush' since the Gnome messenger will have a letter that contains the date and route of the Alliance reinforcements that arrive later).
LFRP: 1-2 Forsaken scouts/trackers that help track down the Storm Giant and kill it.

The Pit of Conquest
Scenario: After a raid, the orcs return to Conquest Hold with captives. The days are starting to get tedious, and they are craving for well-deserved amusement. Therefore, the captives are thrown into the Pit of Conquest in the Conquest Hold for entertainment. Here, they must face mighty adversaries in the hopes of coming out alive!
LFRP: 3 human soldiers, an undecided amount of drakkari trolls (whom all will be thrown into the Pit!) and one Beastmaster orc/tauren hunter with preferably some Northrend pets. Your capture will be played out accordingly, i.e. the Drakkari's get captured at the Ruins of Drak'Zin. The humans get captured while patrolling the area.

Last edited by Gnash on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:20 am; edited 4 times in total

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H-A*] King of the Hills (ORB RP Focus) Empty Re: [H-A*] King of the Hills (ORB RP Focus)

Post by Raviran / Reynar Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Like the idea, more RP to northrend wouldn't hurt. Especially Grizzly Hills, i personally luv tha place. It's like Finnish lapland during summer :3
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Moreover, I am OBVIOUSLY in search of an Alliance guild (or two smaller guilds) that wish to go up north and try and kick our green asses.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:25 pm

Added a map to the original post containing the pre-battle situation of the Grizzly Hills. In other words, who owns what before we start fighting over it.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:32 am

Nobody wants to pitch in? I'm just talking to myself here apparently. Sad

*sighs melancholicly*

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimble Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:46 am

Maybe it is because this event overlaps with the Alliance Campaign
https://defiasrp.forumotion.net/events-f19/the-upcoming-alliance-campaign-a-heads-up-t1319.htm
Jimble
Jimble

Character sheet
Name: Jimble Quikfizzix
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:07 pm

I doubt it, since the date I mentioned is merely a suggested date. People must of misinterpreted it in that case

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:09 pm

Oh, didn't see this before. Im not in a guild that would participate in this, but I could show up, if that would be alright with you, ofcourse.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Nianni Fence Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Jehorious told me to take a look at this and I must say that I am impressed first of all. BUTT... We (Lions of Lothar) was planning to start planning some WPvP events with the Blackblood Clan, if that in any case doesn't happen, we'd be more than happy to join in!

Esarus thar no'Dalador!
Nianni Fence
Nianni Fence

Character sheet
Name: Velaire Dawnsong
Title: Black knight of Gilneas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:48 pm

We need a battle in Howling fjord at the alliance shipwreck site
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:03 pm

Well Gnash I'd be more then happy to deploy SI:7 as part of the alliance opposition. Were sadly not enough to be a full military opposing force but the offer is there to assist any guilds interested Smile

Once were finished with the current campaign that is.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:51 pm

Nianni Fence wrote:Jehorious told me to take a look at this and I must say that I am impressed first of all. BUTT... We (Lions of Lothar) was planning to start planning some WPvP events with the Blackblood Clan, if that in any case doesn't happen, we'd be more than happy to join in!

Esarus thar no'Dalador!

Yeah, thanks for the offer but that's a tad too much uncertainty for my taste.

What I'm looking for are a guild or a number of guilds that would be able to bring along 20-25 people during the events I'm offering here -- Since that's the usual turn-up for us orcs. In the event briefing I may have made it sound like this is FFA to attend, but I can assure you it isn't. Smile (Or at least bring it up with the officers of the guilds which actually want and will attend; some IC ramifications are necessary I imagine.)

The orcs pulled back out of the current campaign, but I've come up with a new preferable starting date to not let others miss it. So keep your diary at hand; I want to start this the week of the 9th of August.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:54 pm

I could offer around 6-7 from our contingent. So let me know if you require us Smile
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Nargumi Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Great place, imo the best place of whole northrend (with borderland of HF) I'd tell my guild, but we are too much PvP oriented + low number of ppl. Moreover, I'm away that date.

Anyway thumbs up + bump.
btw why don't you put it in the events (at least a link), more ppl read them thus more might come. Imo, it seems more realistic if you meet some individuals picking herbs etc.
Nargumi
Nargumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Northlight Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:12 pm

A great idea! DoL could offer up 5-10 (depending on who's available on the day).
Aarian Northlight
Aarian Northlight

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aarian Northlight
Title: Master Chaplain & Founder, The Disciples of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:16 pm

Have you thought about what happens between the main features you have outlined so as to keep people interested for the full duration?

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:23 pm

The general idea is that you remain in the area (Howling Fjords, Zul'Drak or Dragonblight on the odd trip maybe). You know, that's why we call it a RP focus. So yeah, you plan some of your own RP events on some of the days on which there will be no skirmishes. Naturally, I can't lead RP events for you lot from this side of the fence.

By the way: a small update on the guilds that have expressed interest so far. That would be Stormwind Intelligence (technically not a guild anymore I recall) and Disciples of Light. From what I gather they are able to muster a total of 11 to 17 role-players for the beforementioned skirmishes. Meaning that perhaps we are in need of one guild that could miss a couple of warriors for this campaign. And preferably on short notice to start planning ahead and working out the scenario of the Alliance war-effort.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nianni Fence Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:09 am

Gnash wrote:Naturally, I can't lead RP events for you lot from this side of the fence.

That's right!
Nianni Fence
Nianni Fence

Character sheet
Name: Velaire Dawnsong
Title: Black knight of Gilneas

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:46 am

Some of the Lions could join in to even out the numbers? Unless we're not allowed to do so Razz
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:12 pm

Nianni Fence wrote:Jehorious told me to take a look at this and I must say that I am impressed first of all. BUTT... We (Lions of Lothar) was planning to start planning some WPvP events with the Blackblood Clan, if that in any case doesn't happen, we'd be more than happy to join in!

Esarus thar no'Dalador!

Doraléous wrote:Some of the Lions could join in to even out the numbers? Unless we're not allowed to do so Razz

Err. I'm confused. Just know I'm looking for some committed guilds for these couple of weeks. If you're still uncertain if you all will be able to make it, that is.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Northlight Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Can I suggest perhaps we move the event back a week? Vel made a good point that the 2-week campaign will end and then this event will start immediately afterwards - might be nice to have a week's break, so we can all prepare.
Aarian Northlight
Aarian Northlight

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aarian Northlight
Title: Master Chaplain & Founder, The Disciples of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:32 am

As I have gathered the campaign in Lordaeron has ended already. Seeing I want to start Sunday/Monday, and it's exactly one week in between, well there's your break. If everyone agrees to postpone it for a couple of days I'm cool with that though.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:39 am

UPDATE: Postponed untill further notice. It seems a lot of people are on holiday at the moment. And well, I can't blame them! Laughing

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down