Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Chapter of Holy Anethion on Trial!

+28
Raviran / Reynar
Elloa
Muzjhath
Elízabéth Moren
Mirian Lightguard
Avein/Numerius
Torukan
Lavian
Osmand
Antistia
Raelan
Jahi
Valerias
Shrogan
Jehorius
Rasonal Dranger
Jayse
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Terenor
Geldar
Ledgic
Chasity
Cathee Norris
Neyvin/Noxie
Dorik Thunderbelly
Odgan / Keag
Mordazan
Melnerag
32 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[A] Chapter of Holy Anethion on Trial! - Page 2 Empty Re: [A] Chapter of Holy Anethion on Trial!

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:16 am

I don't know, the whole thing with an awsome court and all kinda gets ruined when people start to QQ OOC and then simply get away with a pat on the butt and "Oh you've been bad! Don't do it again, son", just cause they don't want to handle consequences to their actions.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Chapter of Holy Anethion on Trial! - Page 2 Empty Re: [A] Chapter of Holy Anethion on Trial!

Post by Melnerag Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:16 am

*still on vacation*

damned you Mordazan and your lack of providing notes. Now I will never find out.

How did things go organization-wise at least? were all the judges and the guards present, did things go smooth, were people and witnesses ready, did anybody get kicked out of the trial room for causing disorder?

Thanks to Terenor for posting the verdict by the way. I think Chapter will end up being judged again for Obstruction of Justice - paying Rhebeca and Elizabeth is HERESY.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:02 am

And damn my absense, looked like it really involved quite a few people if it took 5 hours o_O

Saihna/Julia wrote:I don't know, the whole thing with an awsome court and all kinda gets ruined when people start to QQ OOC and then simply get away with a pat on the butt and "Oh you've been bad! Don't do it again, son", just cause they don't want to handle consequences to their actions.

What is this about?
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:21 am

Other then that it was extremely long and tiresome it was smoothe. Some people got removed for chattering and whispering (and some didn't).

And Mordazan, it is about what I heard; That when the verdict was to commence some people of the Chapter whispered and complained, not really wanting any sentence at all, and furthermore insulting a lot of people, telling some to fuck off etc. Very unprofessional, after people had taken the time to create this massive trial for their sake, wanting closure about the whole Chapter ordeal. This was nothing at all. Realistically a judge would sentence people like that to exile, at least for a while, or execution - Considering the fact they were found guilty for Murder, Assault, Harassment.. And others (cba to scroll up and look right now).
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Terenor Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:47 am

Imanuel wrote:*still on vacation*

How did things go organization-wise at least? were all the judges and the guards present, did things go smooth, were people and witnesses ready, did anybody get kicked out of the trial room for causing disorder?

One of the judges were missing but other than I think it went smoothly, at least once we actually started.

As for concerns regarding the punishments:
We did not give easier punishments due to complaints from the Chapter. We decided upon them before we even consulted the prosecution and defense, and that only to make sure they were plausible to pull off in-game.

Terenor

Character sheet
Name: Terenor Tomebinder
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:51 am

Saihna/Julia wrote:Other then that it was extremely long and tiresome it was smoothe. Some people got removed for chattering and whispering (and some didn't).

And Mordazan, it is about what I heard; That when the verdict was to commence some people of the Chapter whispered and complained, not really wanting any sentence at all, and furthermore insulting a lot of people, telling some to fuck off etc. Very unprofessional, after people had taken the time to create this massive trial for their sake, wanting closure about the whole Chapter ordeal. This was nothing at all. Realistically a judge would sentence people like that to exile, at least for a while, or execution - Considering the fact they were found guilty for Murder, Assault, Harassment.. And others (cba to scroll up and look right now).

I started, but I won't bother ^^
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:26 am

I seriously can't beleive I wasted a week of my life preparing for this..

I'm sorry but after the shambles it turned out to be in the end i'll not have anything to do with chapter affairs from now on.

Yes I was -that- seriously pissed off. You wanted a fair a just trial, I gave you one and I get shit on OOC by your minions playing defence.

I think i'm well within my right's with my own decision. I could have spent that week polishing RP plots I put on hold for this thing.

Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Jehorius Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:31 am

It's passed, the event has been held, most people were happy with it. Something I do hate about the internet, is how childish people can be - To quote someone, as I don't remember who said it. 'Arguing on the internet, is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded'. My point with this somewhat rude outburst of a quote is the fact that It's not that often that people takes on the mantle of 'being the bigger person'. In this case, whom ever told Jayse to fuck off should considering apologizing - Or at least trying to solve the drama. It is the last thing the Chapter needs if it is to survive, and the last thing someone need after working his/her ass off for an event, especially when It's only a good gesture! Can't we actually go through an event, without shitloads of drama - Not just... once?

Jehorius, who kinda just woke up, and is about to go fetch his morning coffee.
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet
Name: Jehorius 'Regelius Renn' Amaltheria
Title: Iretongues' Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:37 am

That lad in question did eventually apologise which i've somewhat partially accepted in the fact of his actions. However the whole affair has just left me with a sour taste. I'll not be dealing with them any longer.

Enough is enough i'm afriad. There's only so much one person can take and it was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

I wish you luck in future roleplay, however I won't be involved in it whatsoever.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:44 am

As I told you yesterday, I can understand your frustrations but you can't blame the whole guild for one person's actions.

Let's say one of the SI:7 does something horrible to me, should I ignore YOU too? If I should follow such a path then I'd probably have half the server on ignore =D.

So far I've always enjoyed my RP encounters with you Jayse, on various characters. I think you should ponder a few days about your decision.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jehorius Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:50 am

I have to agree, putting a guild on ignore because of one persons actions is just wrong - When you RP a character who's supposed to keep a watchful eye open. Considering what, and how the Chapter operate in Azeroth. Please, do ponder a couple of days as suggested.
Jehorius
Jehorius

Character sheet
Name: Jehorius 'Regelius Renn' Amaltheria
Title: Iretongues' Hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:41 am

Heh, atleast from what I've heard of yesterday, I really can't blame you man. After all the efforts put into the trial, the result was... a slap on the wrist and off you go. It's pretty silly in my oppinion and I remember coming online yesterday on the Alliance and hear "how much worse can it get?" and well, that's that.

Overall, can't blame you nor the people which'll chose to ignore the Chapter from now on. It's gotten pretty silly.

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:44 am

Shrogan wrote:Heh, atleast from what I've heard of yesterday, I really can't blame you man. After all the efforts put into the trial, the result was... a slap on the wrist and off you go. It's pretty silly in my oppinion and I remember coming online yesterday on the Alliance and hear "how much worse can it get?" and well, that's that.

Overall, can't blame you nor the people which'll chose to ignore the Chapter from now on. It's gotten pretty silly.

^
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Then I am wondering about what you have heard y'day, Shrogan. And what results where people expecting? The destruction of the Chapter?

What I have heard so far: Jayse got told to fuck off by one chapterian.
This isn't a valid reason to ignore the whole chapter.

I also heard that people aren't happy with the sentence. Is this from an IC view or OOC view? I can understand the IC view.. but Exiling us, or executing us would pretty much kill the Chapter.

From an ooc view: Do we all want to get rid of the Chapter? I always found the concept and own made lore to be epic. I always -thought- that the chapter brought some nice RP to the server, not to mention some awesome events from Imanuel.

My conclusion: I fail to see where all the hatred comes from and would like to be enlightened.

Edit: Perhaps hatred would be an extreme word, but hmm.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:23 pm

Shrogan wrote:Heh, atleast from what I've heard of yesterday, I really can't blame you man. After all the efforts put into the trial, the result was... a slap on the wrist and off you go. It's pretty silly in my oppinion and I remember coming online yesterday on the Alliance and hear "how much worse can it get?" and well, that's that.

Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Well please do elaborate Geldar...

Edit: And others who simply quote
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Mordov/Aran wrote:Well please do elaborate Geldar...

Edit: And others who simply quote
^
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:29 pm

My reaction upon hearing the verdict and sentencing, after being present for most of the trial, really was '......wait, what?'

I realise that everyone put work into the trial last night, and gave of their time to make an interesting event, and that's most of the reason why I'm so disappointed that the verdict didn't seem to match the evidence (and by evidence I mean testimonies, since that's all that can be feasibly used as evidence in this setting) and that the sentences were laughably tame.

Even taking into account what the Chapter -was- convicted for, monetary fines and a few easy-to-avoid restrictions is hardly appropriate for murder or armed assault. Take comments such as Elaion's 'Well lucky for us we have the abbot to pay all the fines.' And shortly after the trial I saw a Chapter member getting permission from a military commander, who hadn't even been present at the sentencing, to carry his weapons in Stormwind.

I'm not expected them to have been tossed into jail, since hey, that would be boring RP, but I still can't see how the (lack of) punishments fit the crime. It just breaks my brain.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:31 pm

What punishments would you like to see then?

John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:34 pm

For murder and assault? Something that hurts. Whippings or public humiliation, at least; or something like that. Not because I think it'd be funny or pleasant, but because I think it'd be appropriate.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:36 pm

Aniane/Rohwyn wrote:For murder and assault? Something that hurts. Whippings or public humiliation, at least; or something like that. Not because I think it'd be funny or pleasant, but because I think it'd be appropriate.

You have to keep in mind it was the 'guilty' for the entire chapter, while the Judges did put in concideration that some if not most of the members that did this 'guilty' things allready died/left the Chapter. So they done something, in my opinion, that is possible to be done upon all, concidering some are not truely guilty, if not most. I might be wrong.
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Elaboration is what you want, sure. I`ll make it in a few sentances. First of, I`d like to say that the goal of this trial contrary to the belief of many was not to destroy the guild but give it a fresh start after a somewhat fair punishment which didnt include the death/torture of many.

Regardless, trial is over. In the post-verdict discussion, one of your members from the defense had a nice fit against Jayse, against me and the Council as a whole and the DoL which were represented by one of the Judges there aswell as against the verdict which was redicilous considering the guild got trialed over exactly what we didnt have evidence against, the minor offenses also saying that we were out there to destroy the guild, when explained we were not he insulted Jayse, Jayse left. Dont know or care how they sorted that out between themselfs.

My personal opinion of the trial is that it was damn fun to prosecute, Osmand did good with the defense, so did Jayse with the prosecuting aswell as Gost`. But seeing that post-verdict discussion and the result following from it left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I wish to mention the verdict was only agreed by the defense/judges. Prosecution just wanted a realistic and fair verdict, we didnt say a word about what it should be.

Result of the trial? Chapter is free now, fresh start to start your RP again, do what you like around Stormwind. But because of some words, I am going to aknowledge your presence but I personally will stay a mile when it comes to interracting with you, and so will the entire Council and many others by the looks of it. We are done with this, we will not deal with anymore Chapter business or interact but we will aknowledge their presence, there are after all other things to focus with that will not bring drama and argues from it.

Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Geldar wrote:Elaboration is what you want, sure. I`ll make it in a few sentances. First of, I`d like to say that the goal of this trial contrary to the belief of many was not to destroy the guild but give it a fresh start after a somewhat fair punishment which didnt include the death/torture of many.

Regardless, trial is over. In the post-verdict discussion, one of your members from the defense had a nice fit against Jayse, against me and the Council as a whole and the DoL which were represented by one of the Judges there aswell as against the verdict which was redicilous considering the guild got trialed over exactly what we didnt have evidence against, the minor offenses also saying that we were out there to destroy the guild, when explained we were not he insulted Jayse, Jayse left. Dont know or care how they sorted that out between themselfs.

My personal opinion of the trial is that it was damn fun to prosecute, Osmand did good with the defense, so did Jayse with the prosecuting aswell as Gost`. But seeing that post-verdict discussion and the result following from it left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I wish to mention the verdict was only agreed by the defense/judges. Prosecution just wanted a realistic and fair verdict, we didnt say a word about what it should be.

Result of the trial? Chapter is free now, fresh start to start your RP again, do what you like around Stormwind. But because of some words, I am going to aknowledge your presence but I personally will stay a mile when it comes to interracting with you, and so will the entire Council and many others by the looks of it. We are done with this, we will not deal with anymore Chapter business or interact but we will aknowledge their presence, there are after all other things to focus with that will not bring drama and argues from it.

If I understood you well, you say, Stop roleplaying with the guild because one of their members said things in the heat of the moment, which later he was yelled at because of it, by his own guild mates, and he appolgized for it?
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:46 pm

If I understood you well, you say, Stop roleplaying with the guild because one of their members said things in the heat of the moment, which later he was yelled at because of it, by his own guild mates, and he appolgized for it?

People will not do something they do not enjoy, that was reacahed to conclusion last night. And I cannot blame them, for half of year we`ve been dealing with such stuff and this is it. And allow me to elaborate, because of one of their members said things in the heat of the moment the entire end of this event was changed.

I mean, I am more than happy with the verdict since after all it was a verdict. The point was to give a new start to the guild through the trial and leave everything in the past in the past. There you have it, enjoy. I personally do not think that I will have fun interracting with you guys, so I personally will focus on other more fun things, so will the others. But as I said your presence will be aknowledged, but mostly - disregarded.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:49 pm

I am personally not even going to acknowledge. Hence why I decided to not write about the trial in the end in the newspaper. I think my time was wasted enough. Same with the human nation/culture part. I'll just consider fanatical groups in the 'cultist' part and work from there.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next