Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To all the "evil people" out there. Some concerns

+18
Thornby\Dethiron
Etular
Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch
(Goggy) - Exilius
Ataris
Halya
Mandui
Gnar
Lexius
Axio
Dorik Thunderbelly
Mordazan
avaiel
Dharum
Zhakiri
Nayan
Malanar
Lavian
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

To all the "evil people" out there. Some concerns - Page 2 Empty Re: To all the "evil people" out there. Some concerns

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:20 pm

Mandui wrote:Exi...L2read your PMs.

Hilarious that ye write it in the, To all evil people-thread'' D:

Doubt I would've noticed otherwise, sneaky of yer, Mad
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

To all the "evil people" out there. Some concerns - Page 2 Empty Re: To all the "evil people" out there. Some concerns

Post by Mandui Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Treylen wrote:
*Evil guy does something blatantly evil to be centre of attention*
*Guards are forced to chase evil guy or go against their IC ideas*
*Evil guy uses potion/sprint/vanish/hearthstone to disappear*
*Guards go back to their other roleplay*
*Evil guy reappears: seconds, minutes, hours later - usually in the same spot*
*Evil guy does something blatantly evil*
This is the typical evil guy stereotype in WoW. I personally has seen it so many times, that I can barely bring myself to an even remotely decent IC reaction Rolling Eyes
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Felcrak Ragetotem / Ditch Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:08 pm

As everyone has said above, balance is key. I play a vast tauren that carries a big weapon, and wears a mask. Come up against him in a face to face brawl.... the odds, in my opinion, at least should be on Felcrak. Say a justice mongering mob turns up with torches and pitchforks, well, in this case I would unfortunately become steak.

I think how to play a villain well, has been described perfectly in the above posts. The same should also apply to "good" characters. Just as good characters have their lawful areas, the evil ones should be allowed to have their outlawed areas, as the Sixty Thieves have the slums of the Drag.

I enjoy implementing irony into Felcrak's RP. Simple Example:

Bystander: Those bloody thieves! Y'seen 'em!?
Felcrak: Can't say I have, buddy. You should probably look in the Drag.
Bystander: Thanks!

*minutes later Felcrak re-appears in the Drag with 60X colours on, and a wide grin on his face*

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.michael.wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:04 pm

I've read the Original post, but none below. However, I find it quite ironic how, in the OP's eyes, most criminals would do some elaborate, impossible escape manoeuvre and yet my character would just sit there waiting his turn (or, if he was to escape, he would do so logically Rolling Eyes ).

This reminds me of Argent Dawn, where I reported my cultist guild to the guards - they got me back by causing my character insane amounts of torture, gouging out one of his eyes and cutting off his middle fingers... And yet, unlike the impossibles, my character took it like a man by not escaping.

And yet, I can never form a long-lasting guild...
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:49 pm

And yet, I can never form a long-lasting guild...
No suprise from a man who is unable to read beyond the orginal post. D:<

<Shakes fist>
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Thornby\Dethiron Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:15 am

Phew, that really were tons of text... Well, well.. There were really alot of intresting views and examples explained here but i think people might get lost pitting one sides example against the others.

I belive that these "bad RP moments" will diminish if we ,wich most of us seems to agree on,

1) Increase communication between both sides.

2) Get in our mind that RP is all about to give and take.

3) Try to have an opend mind and have patience with each
other.

I hope this will work as something of a summarize for anyone who doesen't wanna go through all this text.

And im aware that i "may" have made an almost identical post to some here, hehe.

Im sure we can learn alot from these examples we´ve seen above but on the whole i think that as long people who RP tries to consider these 3 aspects it will diminish alot of the bad RP.
Thornby\Dethiron
Thornby\Dethiron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:15 am

I agree. How ever even with the patience.. It is hard to have patience when:

1. A person runs away and you ride in front of the person to block the persons path.. The person doesnt stop. You do it again.. Fail again. When you then have 4 people ignoring the fact that you ride in front of them to block their path... I doubt /whisper 4x people to explain that one doesnt rp wise run through a horse.. would work Smile Some people simply dont - want- to get the point if it means they might be in trouble. And some people still keeps getting themselves in trouble and keep running through horses, blockades of actualy chars and so on. Smile In general you are right. It just does not seem that patience, and logic goes home into the heart of all the roleplayers out there
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:30 am

Some people sadly favors "winning" to both parties having fun.

Just ignore such tosspots. They'll never contribute to anything as they can't think beyond the tip of their nose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasjin Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:40 am

From personally playing a crime character, it indeed does come at a risk to consequences. My own character was arrested to no fault of my own, but a setup from a traitor amongst the organisation and was sent to prison, which I actually spent months RP'ing in jail since I was not the only one who had been arrested.

The problem I believe for some crime characters is trying to ALWAYS win, which you really cannot. Theres always a time where you will just simply have to accept the fate, and the RP.
Tasjin
Tasjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thornby\Dethiron Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Tasjin wrote:
The problem I believe for some crime characters is trying to ALWAYS win, which you really cannot. Theres always a time where you will just simply have to accept the fate, and the RP.

True true.

Renhali Telenar wrote:
In general you are right. It just does not seem that patience, and logic goes home into the heart of all the roleplayers out there.

Hehe ofcourse! I get angry at that people from time to time Razz And that example you gave, well, i guess those nutters wont get alot of RP Smile
Thornby\Dethiron
Thornby\Dethiron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:07 am

To all the "evil people" out there. Some concerns - Page 2 Nerdra10

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:30 am

Very Happy

Ah well, T'is hard being bad, everyone expects you to be an equal or inferior to their cool ninja or heroic character. (._.)

Edit: Gorge, I'm gonna sue your arse fer theft! Very Happy

Last edited by (Goggy) - Exilius on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:53 am

Same way as "Ah well, T'is hard being good, everyone expects you to be an equal or inferior to their cool mastermind or villain character. (._.)", don't you think? Wink
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:31 am

Well not really, seeing as 90 % are all Light'biased gits, whom are to slay all evil and good always triumphs.

In this case, Duskwood is one of the darker corners of Azeroth, and with all our events ongoing'

The Chapter and A few others are preaching to eveyone of how to not venture out alone, out of Darkshire into the woods. For in the woods there are wolfmen lurking about, and the Cultists creeping and ambushing anyone whom alone sets foot within their domains.

And people ignore this, for the general perception of a good aligned character is'' I fear nothing, and none, I alone can take on any dangers these woods which I am so well knowledged about, might toss out at me! Patrols? Expeditions or Watch? Who needs such, when I, shall ride out alone and defeat the Soulblighter itself and all it's Cultists along with it!''

Infenctious bits, wounds or cuts? Disease, trauma or curses? Hah, I am immune and unsusceptible to any of it!

And that is fine, allright, but atleast one can somewhat cooperate and try to melt in with the Setting and roles/agendas which the main involved Guilds and organisers are trying to create and maintain. But often enough that is not the case, and it would be outmostly naive to ever expect things to work out perfectly. :I
Here's a recent encounter and example of a random encounter between me and Zerafias, and a fellow Gravekeeper in Duskwood, which got an unpleasant powergame twist.

I stumble upon Zerafias near the borders to the Vale, we clash for a 10-15 minutes, moving deeper into the woods, there we stumble upon the fellow gravekeeper( Azadiel or something as such!) Whom takes arm by Zeraf's side, eventually he's knocked out from further interaction, and as Zerafias too is about to be overwhelmed A Nelf from TNE and a Ninja from Blackrose (No naming) jump me out of nowhere, nuking me arse away in their full' equipped regalia.

This was me being squished, which I could've taken had there been any IC behind it.

I confront them about '' How the feck did they get out miles away from the Town in which they just previously were, come to exactly our position, offroad, in the mid of the woods?

'' We r not gonna comment that, but teh horseman is no moar lololol

Figures, the two were in the same party as the two I fought, and they rushed from the town, to the exact location, dressed to keeel. <_> meddling into an overall very decent' random crossfaction encounter.

Point is, I and many others get powerplayed and illogically zerged often, It's all a test of endurance. ;I

'' Curses, How did you find my Secret Lair, Hero!? Whom revealed the location of my secret laboratory!?

'' lolol I ,/who'd and tracked humanoid and was told about it ooc. Very Happy

'' B-b, that's preposterous!

'' No u, die!

And the denizens of Townsville lived their lives in peace and tranquility, until bored guards and heroes fought one another, creating a great civilwar in the abscence of any evil entity for the heroes to release their lust for voilence and heroic acts upon! Very Happy

Damn, there are some great moments and things, but most of the time and overall there's alot of shit to swallow and endure! Surprised

Edit the post to be summat less' Text' and mind boggling! D:

Last edited by (Goggy) - Exilius on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Halya Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:18 am

Yeah, pretty much.
Halya
Halya

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:49 am

... I didn't even understand what you said there. If it's the way I understood, at least, those people surely are hardly worth RPing with?
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:09 am

Being a godemoter myself I can say - I annoyed people since the dawn if Warcraft, escaping magic-bullet-and-everything-else-proof prisons through engineering, blasting people with lightning generators & taking gunshots without any instant consequences.

Learn from my mistakes, don't do that. xD

Spoiler:

Last edited by Marrenus on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:12 am

Pffh Exil. You forgot that it wasn't just a Night Elf Priest and a Ninja but a phat dwarf too *nod*

and a army of crazed gorillas and shadow hunters.

*nod* *nod*
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:30 am

Well that makes more sense now, but there are some things I don't wish to spoil and since I wasn't around at Duskwood then...
I'll just leave it at that... Smile
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:51 am

Good points made by all and I guess is and always will be an ongiong discussion given the fact of conflict and game mechanics that don't generally tend to suit same faction RP very well.

On a personal note I've been Rping here since July/August of last year and i've been involved with alot of pretty good 'conflict' Rp that greatfully has directly contributed to Jay's development as a character.

As far as encounters go I really stick to as 'realistic' rules of engagement of a situation as possible. If he gets caught out with little to no gear, he wont suddenly pull out a device/weapon and use it if he doesnt have it with him. Even if it means by doing so he should gain the advantage. This is the reason I tend to carry alot of GHI buffs, to show things he has on him so another player/character has at least a little prior knowledge as to what he would be capable of doing/using at a given time.

More often then not Jay takes a beating, his most recent major battering was at the hands of the sphere. He was unaware at the time of the sphere's soul connection with one another and decided very callously to engage one in combat, only to be quickly outnumbered and eventually succumbing to injuries. Then beaten half to death resulting in being held at the cathedral for a week. (yes I did RP this and not just logout for a whole week).

The best part of this being that little OOC communication was needed so it made for a fun encounter. I was half expecting him to be outright killed or converted in some way but he got off 'lightly' in comparison.

Character development wise he's learned alot, putting knowledge to use and won't be doing anything like that again soon until he's either ready or put into a situation giving him not much choice.

I'm thankful to say that I haven't had many occasions where something retarded has taken place (apart from one which i'll not name as it's both not fair on those involved and bears no relation currently).

On the whole it's been relativley good and as long as people just play thier characters, understand, communicate well and just have fun then it will continue to be so. If you play a character that lives by the sword, then.. inevetibly he/she will either die by it.. or cut themself in the process.

Cheers
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Exilius latest post is correct in everyway, Nayan.
And there is more than just "those not worth rping" with doing like that.
Since the dawn of time, even. People ignore the fact of the current state of Duskwood.

Because they're level 80.

ICly, I ventured out alone once, I roleplayed it that my character had been ambushed by worgen and was wounded after this ambush.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Not sure why you address that to me personally, here O.o
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darlick/Kilock/Juniera Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Would an engineered crafted wormhole be considered magical? As in as not a viable thing to use in an anti-magic cell?
Darlick/Kilock/Juniera
Darlick/Kilock/Juniera

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Because you were the one to say "perhaps such people is not worth rping with" ^^ or something along those lines!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2