Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Inspiration?

+39
erwtenpeller
Nessra Sunwhisper
Gustov
Tyrós/Cále
Ara
Drustai
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Timna
Iralan
Cid
Feydor
Elízabéth Moren
Nayan
Kristeas Sunbinder
Arinith
Shaelyssa
Mike
Darilas
Zhakiri
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Magaskawee/Anaei
Halya
Jomir
Kil'drakor
Morgeth
Jayse
Rasonal Dranger
(Goggy) - Exilius
Geldar
Dharum
Nassulra / Dobkins
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Kozgugore Feraleye
Jeanpierre
Mandui
Gogol
Thenkar
Jakins
Gesh
43 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Character Inspiration? - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Inspiration?

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:13 pm

Anaei was based on oddly enough Mary Tudor. xD
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Jakins wrote:Actually, my idea on Jakins came right out of my head.

It's called 'imagination'. Truly an awesome device.

And your picture doesn't work because you stolez it!
..Not only am i greatly offended by the comment your suggesting I have no imagination, But I was googling the actress to edit it for Vect, Razz

need I point out your own personal drawing style is -very- clearly, -inspired- by Anime and more eastern artists. Razz I bet that's completely 100% your imagination.
*^%$ you. ¬¬
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:22 pm

Felitzia just came right out of my head. She's changed a lot over the time I've played her and I think it's only recently that I've actually grasped her personality completely. She is a kind and caring, -very- emotional young lady. Felitzia was my very first RP char, and the first char I made on DB, so she wasn't really thought-through at all. I just wanted to see what RP was actually like, and made an UD priest. Her background story has changed a little over the time to something that felt a little more fitting and complex than the initial "RAWR I want to hunt Scarlets because they're dumb!" thing. She has some pieces of Myself in her, but not too much. Her love for children is however pure me Razz

Eszra was made after I read Guldu's ad on the Realm-forum and I wanted the stereotypical kind and sweet waitress. She too changed in time and got alot more debth and personality. Inspiration for her was... random waitress! Ezzy is probably the character I have that has the most of Myself in her. I've let her adopt many of my personality traits, and also the way I work as a bartender myself.

Nar'Gaya is probably the character I've lain most work and thought into upon creation. She is very much inspired by Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory", and she has traits from various characters in books I've read. She's a strong female, probably limited (But she sees it as enriched) by the fact that she has severe problems with understanding emotions.
She's the character I have that has the most "layers" I think, and the character I'm most pleased with when it comes to personality development.

Last edited by Felitzia/Nar'Gaya/Eszra on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typoz)
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Jakins - "Actually, my idea on Jakins came right out of my head.

It's called 'imagination'. Truly an awesome device.

And your picture doesn't work because you stolez it!

Next post
I still go by what I said.

I've had zero inspirations for any of my characters. None of them. Not sure why you'd want to copy other characters so intensely."

Jakins because I lack the energy to try and put something imaginary in to a WoW character.
I do it for fun, and I belive Nicholson's Colonel is very fun.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:59 pm

Well, Jakins inspiration comes from everything, imagination in itself is from inspiration, the way a person takes and turns something. How could imagination exsist if nothing else did? 

You may not be able to admit it, but just from reading your charecter description it's clear you've had inspirations from various things. It would be " Copying " If I stuck Superman in the middle of WOW. to the detail. The fact I take realistic traits is not copying, it is studying the charecter, learning from others and improving my own roleplaying by understanding -which- role I want them to play Wink
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Guise, guise

It's just Jakins' acting a shmartz' yet contradictive selbst

Keep goin with yer own inspirations rather than blowing yerselves up and feel as if ye'd have to defend yourselves! Razz

And Disney channel's cool. While it ruined the quality of Disney, both in depth and especially the visual hard work behind it now replaced by square, pc coloured crap. Nonetheless, there be tons of funn concepts and ideas to mix and take inspirations from!

Much like I did with Doctor Igor van Krakken!

Based around the generic mad scientist, the twisted german dialect and the comedic values of the everyday villain which in the end always explains their schemes or device functions to just about anyone they encounter. along with said devices ultimately malfunctioning!

Combined with the popculture jollyness and the Forsaken undead twists, gave birth a character I most definately enjoyed to play out! Very Happy

'' Nay'n!

Doctor Drakken! <3
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:12 pm

<Grumbles> She might've just kicked me in the nuts.. <Cuddles his imagination> Shh.. baby.. shh it's okay.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:13 pm

Based around the generic mad scientist, the twisted german dialect and the comedic values of the everyday villain which in the end always explains their schemes or device functions to just about anyone they encounter. along with said devices ultimately malfunctioning!

Phineas and Ferb much? xDD
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:22 pm

Hm? No really, I have the imagination like an original storybook.

If you ever RPed with me, you'd know just how odd Jakins is compared to anything else. He's just a character who has progressed and become an individual (albeit an annoying one).

I don't read books nor do I watch much other than Disney or the other odd cartoon, but I do sit around and read comics like X-men and Batman. *shrug*

And Vectoria; when it comes to my description, he didn't even have one until I built it up after the events that went on during RP so really, I didn't make them up; people made him look like he does.

PS. the noose isn't from an actual hanging but was rather put there.

Last edited by Jakins on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:28 pm

Nygarth wrote:

Phineas and Ferb much? xDD
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nassulra / Dobkins Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:16 am

Jakins wrote:Hm? No really, I have the imagination like an original storybook.

If you ever RPed with me, you'd know just how odd Jakins is compared to anything else. He's just a character who has progressed and become an individual (albeit an annoying one).

After meeting Darjee, nothing seems odd to me anymore. He took the cake for it.
Nassulra / Dobkins
Nassulra / Dobkins

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Halya Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:36 am

Somewhere down the line, I know I'll end up make a character heavily inspired by Irenicus. That guy was just too much of an awesome villain.
Halya
Halya

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:27 am

COUGH BULLSHIT COUGH

Fair point Jakins. If you say so. But I still believe that originality is infact a simple myth and creativity atleast for casual roleplay comes from taking in what we know from lore, and various other current world sources and manipulating them. I mean come on? ...Dwarves, elves? Theirs a point when things will end up looking similar.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:32 am

I must admit that most of my characters develop from a very simple, two-words idea that seems fun. Example: Aneeta was my version of the shallow fashionista, but she developed through RP into something more complicated and interesting/fun to play. Same goes for my other chars.

Last edited by Darilas on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:27 am

Our imagination is always shaped by what we perceive as children and sometimes even as adults. Aware or unaware, there's no telling how heavily inspired some idea may actually be. Heck, whether it's Warhammer or Warcraft or whatever, despite it being its own universe, it's all based on a certain something as well.

So, let's leave talks for what's original or somesuch or not at the door and continue on with the point of the thread here! I for one don't think anyone's character is any less original if it were based on a certain something, and it's always fun to see what people can come up with. From what little I've been able to experience, I've loved Exilius' creations for example. Even if they're based on something so simple as Disney.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:35 am

Madel/Vectoria/Koblitz wrote:COUGH BULLSHIT COUGH

Fair point Jakins. If you say so. But I still believe that originality is infact a simple myth and creativity atleast for casual roleplay comes from taking in what we know from lore, and various other current world sources and manipulating them. I mean come on? ...Dwarves, elves? Theirs a point when things will end up looking similar.

The thing was given to him cause officer status was called 'The Hanged', what do you want me to do? >_>

Just because he's an elf doesn't mean I thought 'ZOMG LOTR', you know.

I only first created him because I wanted a belf rogue of the same name on this server compared to my original Jakins.

Yes, there's an original Jakins on Alonsus who've I'm stuck crappy armour on and abandoned...for now.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:56 am

"Charecter."

Priceless.
Mike
Mike

http://www.bruinsmamusic.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:29 am

Mike wrote:"Charecter."

Priceless.

Dyslexic. Priceless.

Back on track however. my future goblin to be is going to be based around the fact, He's an anti-stereotype. Yes he'll be a goblin; (naturally.) and yes he'll also be an engineer. But I want him to have elements of a tradition shaman, understanding the need for balance, watching polution. enjoying getting back to nature.

And because Have two very full on charecters, a brave gnome and psychopathic dead whore. I want Koblitz to be very chilled, laid back and comfortable with not being centre of attention. I admittedly I do feel like i have a problem in some situations when I try to grab the limelight, ..First step to conquering a problem is admitting you have one. 

And lolyeah. I'm hosting a beach party on him. Horde only.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 am

Dyslexia doesn't mean you have bad spelling, you know. It's a type of reading dysfunction, not spelling.

Stop using it as an excuse! Firefox has an built-in spell checker, so does google chrome, you know.

But yah, anyways.

I don't know what the hell my goblin would be like. When I make him/her, I'm just going to do what I did with Jakins and let events shape them rather than plan ahead.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:43 am

I draw my inspiration for most of my night elf characters from the night elf campaign in WC3 (surprise, surprise!) and Shaelyssa herself was directly inspired by both Tyrande Whisperwind but mostly Maeiv Shadowsong.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:50 am

Shaelyssa wrote:I draw my inspiration for most of my night elf characters from the night elf campaign in WC3 (surprise, surprise!) and Shaelyssa herself was directly inspired by both Tyrande Whisperwind but mostly Maeiv Shadowsong.

Character Inspiration? - Page 2 Palin_Feminism_Web

But, yeah; As long as you play a good elf and not ye' average Stormwind Wench, I'll say "Sorry" xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:37 pm

Jakins, Goblin! Very Happy

I -always- create blank characters. And ofcourse, you have an idea what he/she -might- be like. The character usually forms itself.

p.s. Short replies win.
Mike
Mike

http://www.bruinsmamusic.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arinith Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Mike wrote:Jakins, Goblin! Very Happy

I -always- create blank characters. And ofcourse, you have an idea what he/she -might- be like. The character usually forms itself.

p.s. Short replies win.

I agree. I might start out with an idea, but usually the characters start having a life of their own.
Arinith
Arinith

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Jakins wrote:Dyslexia doesn't mean you have bad spelling, you know. It's a type of reading dysfunction, not spelling.

Stop using it as an excuse! Firefox has an built-in spell checker, so does google chrome, you know.

But yah, anyways.

I don't know what the hell my goblin would be like. When I make him/her, I'm just going to do what I did with Jakins and let events shape them rather than plan ahead.
/careI'm not actually dslyexic either.. Well un-tested. Plus Opera ftw.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Arinith Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:20 am

Jakins wrote:Dyslexia doesn't mean you have bad spelling, you know. It's a type of reading dysfunction, not spelling.

I'm sorry for going off-topic here, but can you elaborate on that, Jakins? I don't understand how you make a distinction between spelling and reading.

Also: Dyslexia is a learning disability, not a type of spelling dysfunction, I think.

Yes yes, I know, bad Ari for going off-topic. My language brain is tingling, though, as this is a topic that ties in closely with language acquisition.
Arinith
Arinith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next