Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Inspiration?

+39
erwtenpeller
Nessra Sunwhisper
Gustov
Tyrós/Cále
Ara
Drustai
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Timna
Iralan
Cid
Feydor
Elízabéth Moren
Nayan
Kristeas Sunbinder
Arinith
Shaelyssa
Mike
Darilas
Zhakiri
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Magaskawee/Anaei
Halya
Jomir
Kil'drakor
Morgeth
Jayse
Rasonal Dranger
(Goggy) - Exilius
Geldar
Dharum
Nassulra / Dobkins
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Kozgugore Feraleye
Jeanpierre
Mandui
Gogol
Thenkar
Jakins
Gesh
43 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Character Inspiration? - Page 5 Empty Re: Character Inspiration?

Post by Iralan Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:12 pm

We can say that Iralan is in fact myself, decomposed into elemental particles and reassembled again while taking few things out and emphasising few others on the others hand.

Iralan is an idealistic extremist with scholarly background. Take the usual blood elf framework and add some more arrogance and xenophobia ....oh wait there is nothing to fear in fact it's racial supremacy!
Order above else and following the dogma deaf to critical voices reaching the borders of fanaticism.
The future cause of Silvermoon put on pedestal and policy of great goals sanctioning any means and sacrifices ....personal or others.

Sounds almost like a Blood elf nazi right? Well, I tell you, It's in fact fun to play such a character of moral greyness with his deeds judged as good or bad from the relative and opportunistic point of view.
Iralan
Iralan

Character sheet
Name: Iralan Brightstar
Title: Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Timna began as a totally unoriginal level 10 rogue I had as an alt.
After much character development and plots, she's now my favourite character! Very Happy

Coris's inspiration I got from a Disney movie. I won't say which. Go figure out instead!
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:48 pm

Coris's inspiration I got from a Disney movie. I won't say which. Go figure out instead!

You saw that bambi died and made Coris hm? Now I see...

John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:28 am

Drustai was created originally as a Holy Priest on day 1 of TBC, on a very basic level of the fact that I loved how draenei looked and I had always wanted to play a healer (but never yet had) ever since one incident in EQ where I got to take over for a healer during a raid. She never stayed holy priest, though, since shadow priest was easier to level and ended up making more sense for the char (though I never truly understood shadow priest back then like I do now Sad). Eventually recreated her as mage because she had always been RPed as more of an arcanist than a priest anyway (and did already have a strong background in sorcery). The Death Knight stuff didn't come in until 2 years later. Initially because the character had already been a necromancer, but the story was too good, and too many people were doing the 'non-DK DK' thing, so I figured it'd make more sense to incorporate it.

Drustai had been designed initially as a repentant demon, based off of the succubus pet of my old character on Argent Dawn, a warlock. That succubus had been given the randomized name of Drustai. Drustai's appearance is thus very clearly inspired by succubi (see here). Due to that inspiration, the first idea for Drustai's background, long before TBC's launch, was as a Warlock's succubus, but I figured that'd be way too cliche so I dumped it fast. Instead, I kept her as a draenei but gave a more Legion-based background. While in some ways that could probably still be seen as over-the-top, Drustai's character was from the start intended on being opposite of the characters I had traditionally RPed up until that point. For the few years before I went to WoW, I primarily played weak-willed, pathetic, and cowardly civilians, without any kind of special powers or history. Drustai was intended to thus be a lot grander and more epic, since that was something I'd never done before. It was also essential for the concept of penitence which is one of Drustai's key character traits--something she regrets that she feels she can never truly atone for.

Another major inspiration behind Drustai's background and character was Demona from Disney's 90's televisions series, Gargoyles. Demona was a rogue Gargoyle that had witnessed the destruction of her colony by humans, and developed a genocidal hatred of them as a result. This is most clear in Drustai's opinions about and treatment of orcs, but also comes across in Drustai's propensity for displaying very animalistic qualities (snarling, baring teeth, hissing, etc), as Demona and the other Gargoyles were often quite feral.

Some lesser inspirations are Maiev from WCIII, Admiral Cain from BSG, Misato Katsuragi from Evangelion, and Magneto from X-men. With these, they mostly have similar traits/backgrounds, but a few key differences that I've taken and used on Dru. (personality in general from Maiev, discipline/letter-of-law from Cain, alternating 'serious/casual' sides from Misato, and well-intentioned extremism from Magneto).

Last edited by Drustai on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:38 am

Vectoria wrote:Thread necromancry! I don't even remeber createing this..
You approve, right?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:29 pm

I didn't base Kyrb on anything tbh
Kyrby was made and tossesd into RP head first not knowing wtf he was getting into.
Origionally supposed to be the power hungry lock.I had the good fortune of bumping into some great RPer's in my first DUR DUURRR I is evil days,and was set straight.
Now Kyrby under the clever alasis of Bob Brennen.
Bob because of the film "What about Bob" had been watched when Archidor asked me for a name
Brneenen cause of father ted kicking brenan up the arse.
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrós/Cále Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:39 am

Bumping this topic, it was fun to read through! ^^

And since people bumping without adding content to their post is a pet peeve of mine...

Yrenicus Ban'dinoriel - When I made the toon, all I knew was, I wanted a mage, and I wanted his name to be a tribute to Joneleth Irenicus of the Baldur's Gate Saga (I still play the sequel, Shadows of Amn Very Happy) My original idea for a personality was that he should be a young delinquent, trying to get out of his bad habits. To sort of explain why he ended up in bad company despite his obvious intellect (I just can't RP dumb characters well. They become too boring and predictable.) I decided he would be an orphan and thus have a harsh upbringing to spur him towards vices like alcohol and thistle.

And since no character is complete without at least some type of special talent, I decided to kill two birds with one stone. No one knew who Yren's parents were (to take out the trouble of writing background history for family members/explain where they are now), so he lacked a last name. Instead he took one for himself, Ban'dinoriel, which is Thalassian for "The Gatekeeper", signifying his adeptness at arcane summonings. Opening gateways to other places, teleporting himself, etc. And since I intended to roleplay him as a bit of a delinquent still, I figured I could pull some fun pranks with that ICly. However, the RP I actually got involved in was a lot darker than I had planned on. So yeah... I couldn't just keep on roleplaying as before without the events taking place having an impact on Yren. He got some emotional scars, got more and more jaded, and eventually I ended up with this brooding, sad person who had been forced to step up and mature in a really short span of time.

Now that wouldn't do, so when it became clear that I couldn't continue to RP him without a darker side as well, I drew most of my inspiration for him from another one of my favorite villains, Tyki Mikk. Tyki relishes the thought of having both a good and evil life, so he lives them both. I figured I could do that with Yren, helping my superior at the time with looking after her child in the day, only to go all villain and evil in the nights. Twisted Evil But that's where I started making some beginner mistakes that eventually lead me to kill Yren off. RP'ing a villain is "easy" enough, but RP'ing a villain that knows MAGIC is so much harder - you are pretty much bound to start dabbling in more "evil" types of spells, and that's where it got out of hand. I did my best to read up on lore, so that wasn't the problem, but it ended up making Yren way too OP - something I definitely hadn't planned on, or for that matter wanted. Doing a retcon at that point would leave too many loose ends though, and I'm not a fan of big retcons in the first place ("I was awesome but I suck now lollol!" -.-) so... bye bye Yren. Sad

Talasseus Ebondusk will be the spiritual successor of Yren in a way. As the saying goes... "Do over. Do right." Nothing special with the name, I chose it to be a bit more in line with lore, but other than that I just thought it sounded cool. So far I haven't drawn much inspiration from outside sources, but I guess his personality is a BIT similar to that of Greed in Fullmetal Alchemist, at least in the sense that he only really cares about himself, but, at least I'm hoping, will "soften" a bit once he starts interacting with other roleplayers. You know, the whole "villain finding himself growing fond of his minions" bit.

Aside from that, we'll see where RP takes him! Very Happy All I know is I will fight tooth and nail to keep him from becoming OP. Hard to kill, yes, as he will coordinate battles and servants without being there in person (Mindvision, and other types of Shadow Magic), but he will be essentially powerless without his obedient lapdogs beneath him. I think that's a fair tradeoff, especially since most people's characters aren't killable anyway.
Tyrós/Cále
Tyrós/Cále

Character sheet
Name: Cale Lightsinger
Title: Patriarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustov Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:56 am

Sorazal: Not much to say. Just wanted to be the everyday insane alchemist that goes around killing innocents and retrieving their corpses for whatever reasons he had. Simple.

Clemmens: More in-depth on this one. Since the first WoW i loved druids and their culture. This char is more of an elder druid, which spent most of his time within the Dream and lost his memories. Plus, his a Worgen which means he's a Boss to the maximum.

Lazaros: Didn't think really hard. Creativity flows within my veins really. Just need the right flow. When i created him, he was originally a scribe and not a warmonger. After leveling him up through levels and rp, he returned to my former, yet silly at the time, idea of a spellbreaker. Just need the right muse to make it happen.

Dexar: Assassin and Thief. It may be cliché, but he'll become what i've designed for him: Master Pick-Pocketier. And thou shall admire him Smile .

In Progress

???? (Secret Name): A Brewmaster and the Sifu of the Gentle Fist Monk Art, i give you a Panda! Merchant and wanderer, this Panda will ally himself with the Alliance and will trade goods for gold and adventures. So stay sharp! He'll have the cure for your problems: Brew!
Gustov
Gustov

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:04 pm

When I started roleplaying on Defias a few years back, I thought it was time to forget about the dull and friendly characters I had roleplayed so far. I had noticed over the years that there were quite a lot of "Beautiful and fragile maidens" out there in the roleplaying world, and I wanted to balance it out by making a bit more eccentric female characters ._. (thank god there are more of them around these days!)

So far I've tried and enjoyed roleplaying : Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Alcoholism, Anger management issues, Food Obsession, Drug addiction, Midlife crisis, to name a few. I tried to go back to my old overly friendly characters who would sacrifice themselves for others, but it got boring pretty soon.

Some of my characters' personalities have changed slightly over the years, triggered by dramatic events and/or good/bad influence brought upon them by other people. Nessra the midlife crisis -elf, for example, calmed down after she managed to lure a young man into marrying her. Now she is on her way to becoming bitter after the recent deaths and disappearances in her family.
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:34 pm

One of the many reasons I stopped role playing within Silvermoon city was because of the stereotypical " Damsel in Distress " characters populating every tavern and dingy street corner. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it and kudos for rebelling against it Nessra Very Happy!

Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:40 pm

I havn't really seen much of those...
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:43 pm

Really? Admittedly I haven't played or even visited the city in a while but last time I entered it was just a mass of Cool-neutral-rebels defending the " innocent " little elf girl/priestess. You can't sneeze without some douche trying to flex his IC-muscles for a bit of action in the Eversingin' woodlands.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Most of the ladies I have encountered are powerfull female characters; and lots of lesbionics.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:56 pm

A lesser evil.. I assure you. I will prayer for you.. Deli D:
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Don't speak ill of Tsurana, Delidah!
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:04 pm

Tsurana/Lorainne wrote:Don't speak ill of Tsurana, Delidah!
*GASP* I wouldn't dare!

Though she did drag Delidah to her house, but just simply let her go after that? Big mistake :3
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:05 pm

Why is that a mistake?
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Events transpired afterwards, in a different place. I'll roll that story out once I have a computer on which i can play wow again.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessra Sunwhisper Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Vectoria wrote:One of the many reasons I stopped role playing within Silvermoon city was because of the stereotypical " Damsel in Distress " characters

My previous roleplaying server was full of those. It was on alliance side tho (damn hippies!).
So far I've bumped into only few of them in Silvermoon, but then again I don't spend time on the Bazaar/tavern -side of the city, so I don't know how bad/good the situation is here.

Ofcourse there's nothing wrong with roleplaying a damsel in distress if one really enjoys it! I just personally find it utterly boring silent
Nessra Sunwhisper
Nessra Sunwhisper

Character sheet
Name: Nessra Sunwhisper
Title: Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Of course, I don't have the right to -stop- someone from role playing what they enjoy and of course it can be done pretty well, just y'know for every good egg a bad one rolls in Razz
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:07 pm

Damned Damsels. Can't walk down the street without tripping over them. I myself give them every reason to be in distress for being so stereotypical. It's probably why a lot of young elves are terrified of Morinth. >.> I merely had to hiss at one a while back and she turned tail and fled. One girl was getting scared OOC, so I let her off. XD
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrós/Cále Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:15 pm

To expand on what Nessra said... At it's worst, the Bazaar is more or less Loller's Swamp. We're not even talking boring stereotypes now, we're talking Goons trying to pass themselves off as RP'ers to troll. I feel like conditions have improved there in recent months though.

Nothing bad with the inn however. I mean sure, since it's a large hub for spontaneous RP, a lot of... "different", individuals find their way there, but sometimes you just have to be patient and give people a chance. I've met some interesting people there, for sure! ^^

Eastern side is indeed better, but I guess that's since the Blood Knights and Sin Belore both have their bases there. Not much of a stretch to assume that helps to "lift" the standards a bit. Worst thing I ever seen there in terms of "IC flexing" was an open murder attempt just by the city gates, like the guards wouldn't be all over that. At least they could have moved it to Murder Row, but... ah well.

Edit: And is it just me, or are we drifting increasingly further off topic? xD
Tyrós/Cále
Tyrós/Cále

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Talasseus Ebondusk wrote:I feel like conditions have improved there in recent months though.
'tis because Scuzy arrived in recent months. Hmh. Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrós/Cále Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Delidah / Scuzy wrote:
Talasseus Ebondusk wrote:I feel like conditions have improved there in recent months though.
'tis because Scuzy arrived in recent months. Hmh. Very Happy
Hah, well played if nothing else. Razz I would also like to suggest that a few, certain individuals that once frequented the area have now cleared off. Individuals that out of politeness shall not be named, even though they don't read these forums. Some of you probably recall their AOE-spamming, invisibility-potion chugging attempt to take over Silvermoon anyway... Rolling Eyes
Tyrós/Cále
Tyrós/Cále

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:34 pm

Ray & Pest?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next