Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding the Stormwind Crimes and Punishment

+34
Amaryl
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Braiden
Geldar
Geneviève
Aadaria-Ioanna
Chase - Esou
Evana
Rinoi
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Meralynn / Ashla
Gallandria
Etular
avaiel
Marticore
Axio
Raviran / Reynar
Muzjhath
Magaskawee/Anaei
Mandui
Zinkle Figgins
Kozgugore Feraleye
Grufftoof
Jeanpierre
Saevir
Melnerag
Mordazan
Dharum
Shaelyssa
Gahalla
Gunnell
Ledgic
Gesh
Ataris
38 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Regarding the Stormwind Crimes and Punishment - Page 2 Empty Re: Regarding the Stormwind Crimes and Punishment

Post by Ataris Fri May 21, 2010 10:56 am

Heheh, Koz, I wouldn't know. Luckily I've managed to avoid SW Council lashings.

And Gruff, I did read your post. I made it in response to you saying that it's dependant on who's on the recieving end. I did not mean to fully disagree with you, merely add my own thoughts. Smile
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Stormwind Crimes and Punishment - Page 2 Empty Re: Regarding the Stormwind Crimes and Punishment

Post by Zinkle Figgins Fri May 21, 2010 11:12 am

I propose forced labour.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri May 21, 2010 11:22 am

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:I thought we were talking about Mandui here, dressed in a leather suit and a little whip-kind of lashings?
Your kinkiness amuses me greatly, chief.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri May 21, 2010 11:30 am

Damor/Zinkle wrote:I propose forced labour.

I second this! Labour camps! DOWN THE MINES! Like we did to the kobolds! Also Mandui your avatar makes me smile.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Fri May 21, 2010 11:35 am

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:Also Mandui your avatar makes me smile.
Imagine having a serious discussion on msn and suddenly someone links you this. I cracked up and was unable to pull myself together for 5 mins straight.

Anyway, I'll send our law experts this way to have the questions answered as soon as I get a hold of them. And dayum people, I've never seen so much nitpicking on anyone other faction's laws xD
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Fri May 21, 2010 11:37 am

"Obviously this is dependant on the person receiving, and the giving the lash."

Numpty!! I say both people!

Anyway, I am derailing...

Forced labour seems fitting... in a way. The labour camps have existed before. Slaves are used in loads of mines and projects in the WoW world. The gladiator pits even... we know how Wrynn loves those... erm...
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Fri May 21, 2010 11:37 am

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

I second this! Labour camps! DOWN THE MINES! Like we did to the kobolds! Also Mandui your avatar makes me smile.

I thought about both taking people to the Eastvale Logging Camp and in the several Elwyn farms, where they'll work hard, or forcing them to fix Stormwind buildings, clean the streets and such.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri May 21, 2010 11:52 am

Considering these are the laws which will bind the Stormwind Community for ~1 year....yes...I am going to nitpick Smile
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Fri May 21, 2010 11:59 am

Nitpicking, just to be an arse.

The punishment, atleast in pain, for Murder, Mass Murder and Manslaughter seem to be the same in initial punishment.
Where the crimes are very differnt in nature. The first two legaly being seen as much worse as they are planned crimes where Manslaughter generally is seen as a passion crime.
So maybe have a scale on the lashings. 15 - Manslaughter, 30 - Murder, 45 Mass Murder.

As for the mentioning of the sexual crimes. They are very much human, and should very much be there. Such crimes can happen without cybor happening in any way. If both parties are playing along in good ways. (Ie, get's pulled into dark corner/basement by force. Agreement of what's happened and leave it at that).
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raviran / Reynar Fri May 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Damor/Zinkle wrote:
Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

I thought about both taking people to the Eastvale Logging Camp and in the several Elwyn farms, where they'll work hard, or forcing them to fix Stormwind buildings, clean the streets and such.

Ain't there mines in Elwyn too? An' if none can be used then just put people to the Quarry like DRS Smile
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Axio Fri May 21, 2010 12:34 pm

As a person with an aspiring law clerk -> judge character, I feel I should give my input too.

Using lashings as means of punishment is fine, in my opinion, but they should only come into play after a suspect has in fact been deemed guilty. Also in the spirit of a more realistic medievalesque Kingdom, the death penalty should be imposed for the most heinous of crimes, i.e. murder (depending perhaps on the status of the victim - nobility differ much from peasants and beggars in terms of relevance), mass murder and treason.

There are plenty of plausible ways to actually evade execution after sentence has fallen; escapes have worked great so far, some evil cult replacing the convict with a fanatic impostor who takes the fall, pardon from a bribed official and so on. Working this out OOCly post-trial is of course a necessity to avoid drama or people crying "laaaaame". In theory, the character will go on living, while a pending capital punishment will logically deter him or her from carelessly entering the Kingdom again for a while at least, sparing the officials some trouble. Win-win.

Now slightly off-topic:

-You should steal&paste Terenor's book on the procedings of a court.

I am writing one myself for the purpose of introduction of above mentioned character and wasn't aware of this one. Where may I find it?
Axio
Axio

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri May 21, 2010 12:39 pm

I would enjoy to see a vew trials actually play out.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Fri May 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:I would enjoy to see a vew trials actually play out.

*fondly remembers a high-profile trial that concluded in the defendant casting Implosion on the judge before his lawyer had finished his opening statement.*
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri May 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Saevir wrote:
Anaei/Vezullia wrote:I would enjoy to see a vew trials actually play out.

*fondly remembers a high-profile trial that concluded in the defendant casting Implosion on the judge before his lawyer had finished his opening statement.*

*smacks some Minister of Magic wards down*
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat May 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Another thing I've noticed.

Cultism
The act of venerating a power or being not sanctioned by the church.
{{{ - Punishment: -- To be imprisoned (IN THE VAULT) and receive 30 lashings until a court decision is made and will be branded. Cultists are very dangerous! --

By this definition the Dark Sphere is not a cult. The Dark Sphere do not venerate the Shadow and do not venerate the Soulblighter as divine powers. They follow the -teachings- of the Soulblighter as a guideline in their lives. Teachings, of course, are not power - following teachings is not even faith, but a philosofy. Therefore, the Dark Sphere is not a cult.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan Sat May 22, 2010 2:46 pm

my approval of these laws have just gone up.

+1
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat May 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Imanuel wrote:Another thing I've noticed.

Cultism
The act of venerating a power or being not sanctioned by the church.
{{{ - Punishment: -- To be imprisoned (IN THE VAULT) and receive 30 lashings until a court decision is made and will be branded. Cultists are very dangerous! --

By this definition the Dark Sphere is not a cult. The Dark Sphere do not venerate the Shadow and do not venerate the Soulblighter as divine powers. They follow the -teachings- of the Soulblighter as a guideline in their lives. Teachings, of course, are not power - following teachings is not even faith, but a philosofy. Therefore, the Dark Sphere is not a cult.

They follow without question the teachings of the Soulblighter, they commit crimes without thought past their orders.

In my eyes, that's a cult. Hell the Chapter is a little culty in my books. No offense of course.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Sat May 22, 2010 2:58 pm

Axio wrote:

I am writing one myself for the purpose of introduction of above mentioned character and wasn't aware of this one. Where may I find it?

Talk to Terenor/Joliwa. He made it as a GHI item which he carries around.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat May 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

They follow without question the teachings of the Soulblighter, they commit crimes without thought past their orders.

In my eyes, that's a cult. Hell the Chapter is a little culty in my books. No offense of course.

Not according to the definition. Applying same logics you can say that Stormwind Army is a cult because they (ideally) follow the orders of their superiors without question. And 'following teachings without question' still doesn't qualify as 'Venerating a power'.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat May 22, 2010 3:32 pm

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cult

Definitions One and Six.

That means that border between Cult and minority religion lies in numbers.
"...generally considered to be extremist or false..." so, as long as the majority of people think that the group follows false believes, that group is a cult.

Group of mages studying ancient arcane lore in secret and refusing to share it with others, acting all shady, is also a cult by #6.

So, depending on numbers, Chapter can be seen either as a school of thought within the Church of the Holy Light, a minority religion, or indeed a cult. While the Dark Sphere (unless they conquer Stormwind) are a cult.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordazan Sat May 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:

Anaei, I very much appriciate that you bring Sphere discussions to the forums and all.

But please get your facts straight :p Your fact is by no means Darkmaster-sanctioned and is not in accordance with the way the Sphere works. No offence intended, but the organisation you're refering to is simply not the Sphere. That is not how things work.

It might not appear clearly from Imanuel's post, but he actually approached me with it and after a discussion asked for permission to post it.

edit: I intent no offense against anybody. I'm simply stating this so that people will not confuse the actual Sphere concept with some of the un-sanctioned things that are thrown about these boards.
Mordazan
Mordazan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marticore Sat May 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Nice, 2 more things to go and I've done everything on it, trial that.
Marticore
Marticore

Back to top Go down

Post by avaiel Sat May 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Madel/Vectoria/Koblitz wrote:And, murder is actually that frequent, I mean. Who let's their charecter be killed?

I have on several occasions, my latest to die was a level 80 druid.
avaiel
avaiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Sat May 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Regarding summoning Demons, you mention the Incubus and Succubus. Would I get mocked or criticised if I were to roleplay my succubus as an Incubus, out of curiosity? Are there people whom already do so?
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Sat May 22, 2010 11:42 pm

Sayaad are the species winged demons from which the succubi race[1] originate. They are predominantly loyal to the Burning Legion. As with harpies and shivarra, no information exists on males of the species (it is unknown if male sayaad even exist) who would properly be called incubi. Incubi were given a very brief mention in the Last Guardian.

All I could really find.

Edit: Question! what about if you was to summon the demon in self defence? as it used to be allowed but Im guessing it's not now *goes into hideing*
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next