Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sands & Slaves [Non-native sand men RP]

+19
Zaraj
Charlie Blazesong
siegmund
Haen Strongwind
Feral / Blackfall
Thondalar Stormleaf
Kayle Ravelle
erwtenpeller
Vardrek/Burgen
Officer High Morale
Amaryl
Tamil
Rmuffn
Beladon
Reynar / Raviran
Nexiax
Adry
Ixirar
Robin Drake
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sands & Slaves [Non-native sand men RP] - Page 2 Empty Re: Sands & Slaves [Non-native sand men RP]

Post by Kayle Ravelle Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:13 am

erwtenpeller wrote:I'm sure A Bunch of Campers are thrilled about this initiative, though.

It's always a good thing to mention their type on this forum.

Must make them feel so validated.

How counterproductive.
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Sands & Slaves [Non-native sand men RP] - Page 2 Empty Re: Sands & Slaves [Non-native sand men RP]

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:12 am

Having ran a guild that goes out on adventures in contested territory a lot, I can tell you that unless you bring at least six people in sparkly pvp gear, the role-play is not going to happen.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:32 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Having ran a guild that goes out on adventures in contested territory a lot, I can tell you that unless you bring at least six people in sparkly pvp gear, the role-play is not going to happen.

I think we once RPed for like one hour straight in spirit form lol.
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Adry wrote:"Tanarisi" does not exist. A Blizzard QnA years ago debunked the idea. The humans we see ingame in Tanaris are people that crashlanded there no more than twenty years ago.

Ten years ^^ Yay Blizzard and changing timelines, ey?
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:48 pm

It's easy to reconcile this sort of thing, though. Maybe the reason the Wastewanders changed culture so rapidly was because they met forgotten natives barely surviving who showed them their own way. The way of camels, obviously.

I don't see that big a deal; no other playable races were really in the area to run into them so it's hardly like the Tanarisi lore is actually affecting anyone else who comes in fresh to the server.

It isn't like saying it was in Feralas, where all the night elven sentinels would have/should have been aware of it, etc--aside from sand trolls, I guess. I've always liked the idea of tribal/nomadic humans and the flavor it brings and it seems to be pretty lacking in official lore.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Forgotten natives? What natives? Human natives? No, they don't exist. Also, a culture won't change that drastically in the space of 10 years. The rapid change we see today is a phenomenon of post-industrialisation and globalisation. We live in the information era, and we live fast, but even so a culture wouldn't change as much as Tanarisi RPers portray it within the space of 10 years.
Adry
Adry

Character sheet
Name: Lelitha Étoires
Title: Pretend-Champion of the Band of the Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Winstone Sandhill wrote:"We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in Un'Goro, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our desert, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the sands and in the streets, we shall fight in the dunes; we shall never surrender"
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Haen Strongwind Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:21 am

Jeez, folks will try piss on anyone's bonfire, won't they?  Good luck with this, it's a very interesting concept.  Player made lore is tonnes of fun to play around with, especially seeing as a large percentage of Blizzard's own lore is ridiculously abstract and seems to change almost daily.
Haen Strongwind
Haen Strongwind

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:12 am

Never been much of a fan of tanarisi thing. Possibly becouse more or less those i've seen were your average huligan just like any other criminal. Could be that that just didn't peak my intrest at actually checking if anyone there is trying at all. Just personal experiences I guess.

But good for them going out in the world more. I'm not much of a fan of tanarisi but arguing over it in here ain't really gonna do much for me!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:04 am

Well Siegmund, people get off by doing different stuff. Your thing would be killing people AFKing in Duskwood I guess.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

#Yolo
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:02 pm

I guess i'll just have to kill AFKing tanarisi in Tanaris now.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:06 am

Nidrorian (Dev) wrote:Q: Are the Wastewander Bandits of Tanaris and nomadic humans of Uldum native to the region or did they come to Kalimdor during the period of the Third War? If it’s the latter, why did their societies change so much in the short amount of time between then and WoW?
A: The Wastewander Bandits descend from a small band of human pirates who arrived in Kalimdor shortly after its discovery by the peoples of the Eastern Kingdoms. When the Southsea pirates arrived and entered into competition with them, they were essentially marooned in Tanaris after their few ships were stolen. They took to a new life as bandits and started raiding rich goblin settlements and capturing their life-giving water wells. After the failure of Uldum’s cloaking device a few bandits split off from the Wastewanders to pilfer the treasures of the titans.
Link:-http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5208785474

Game Lore>Server Lore, your arguements are invalid.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:53 pm

If you wish to discuss this, then I suggest to you like I have told everyone else to just leave the comments about the authenticity of our RP to PM's or perhaps another thread?

As I have said to several people already, the QnA just told us something we already knew from the beginning. There's no way Blizzard had ever any intention of having a concept of Tanarisi. It's just a small loophole that was filled when they conventionally got the question (About time). Now the thing I'm looking for is that we do not RP as Wastewander bandits / Native NPC's that are shown in the game.

And the QnA obviously concern about the NPC's that are shown in-game.

= Aslong as the lore doesn't collide, it's in the -Unknown- section. Which makes this just as viable as it was before the QnA.

Now if you wish to contribute your thoughts and criticism then make up a thread and we can all waste time figuring out which figments of our imagination are more important / plausible than the others.

Last edited by Reynar / Raviran on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:56 pm

= Aslong as the lore doesn't collide, it's in the section. Which makes this just as viable as it was before the QnA.

Which, after the QnA, makes this collide with the lore, as it's no longer in the "" section and thus not subject to liberal interpretations: There were no human culture in Tanaris or anywhere near it prior to Jaina's landing on Kalimdor 20 years ago. Thus neither Raviran nor any other "Tanarisi" character on the server above the age of 20 was born in or around Tanaris in anything resembling a native tanarisi tribe, because according to Blizzard, the only humans found there are the pirates that were forced onto land by harsh competition.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:13 pm

10 years ago, according to the Ultimate Visual Guide, which is Blizz's newest timeline.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaraj Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:00 pm

While we're at it, can't we just annihilate the player-made lore on Arathor and Stromgarde? It'd rustle some jimmies but come on, it's about due time.
Zaraj
Zaraj

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:01 pm

Yes please.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:04 pm

Make a thread / poll / (Something equavalent) so we can actually start solving this problem a few of you seem to have, so if you seriously wish for this event / RP to stop so you can sleep at night, then let's take it to the next level, yeah? At this point whining about shit you don't have the answer to is meaningless.

So please help me with your vast forum knowledge and actually make a Problem -> Answer to the whole situation of Tanarisi so we can continue planning and actually RP our -EVENT- which is the topic of this thread, if you haven't noticed from the few hundred times I've mentioned it.

And if you're here just to point out mistakes just for the fun of being a nazi then just stop.

It is either allowed or not. Yes or No. OK / Not OK. Simple as that.
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:16 pm

My entire point in this thread is that directly contradicting Blizzard lore shouldn't be allowed in RP. Which you're doing with your Tanarisi lore. You can go there -right now- and establish a Caliphate for all I care, but that whole "Ancient native Tanaris tribe culture" doesn't exist. Simple as. And you basing an event on that exact culture makes this discussion very much on topic for the thread, as we're discussing the viability of your event in the established, official Blizzard lore.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaraj Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Reynar / Raviran wrote:Make a thread / poll / (Something equavalent) so we can actually start solving this problem a few of you seem to have, so if you seriously wish for this event / RP to stop so you can sleep at night, then let's take it to the next level, yeah? At this point whining about shit you don't have the answer to is meaningless.

So please help me with your vast forum knowledge and actually make a Problem -> Answer to the whole situation of Tanarisi so we can continue planning and actually RP our -EVENT- which is the topic of this thread, if you haven't noticed from the few hundred times I've mentioned it.

And if you're here just to point out mistakes just for the fun of being a nazi then just stop.

Depending on how you look at it, there really isn't a problem. There's no universal law that forces you to follow the lore, but there would be potential consequences for breaking it. I've mentioned an aforementioned case of lore-bending, but since it was viewed as a legit piece of player lore and people liked it, it hasn't exactly sparked that much of a flame war as this thread has. After all, there have been people arguing for the sake of Light-worshipping necromancers. But since this tanarisi culture idea has even been dismissed by Melnerag who I think made it, in this case, just carrying through with the tanarisi culture idea you'd risk alienating the 20 odd people on this forum.

On the other hand, I don't really see how it would affect the event that much. After all, the story seems centered around a few people crashing on the shores of Tanaris and getting captured by the people living there, which could be bandits. To me, there doesn't even seem to be a need for any "culture" or "lore" per say. Bandits would probably see potential slaves as any other prize and commodity, and would serve well enough as basis for an event such as this. Sure, maybe the guy having written the tanarisi lore would feel gutted for having to dismiss it due to pressure from the community, but the appeal of an event such as this is the potential story behind the enslavement and the captors etc. And that story, the story which the player partakes in, is more important than any backstory imo.
Zaraj
Zaraj

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Zaraj wrote:

Depending on how you look at it, there really isn't a problem. There's no universal law that forces you to follow the lore, but there would be potential consequences for breaking it. I've mentioned an aforementioned case of lore-bending, but since it was viewed as a legit piece of player lore and people liked it, it hasn't exactly sparked that much of a flame war as this thread has. After all, there have been people arguing for the sake of Light-worshipping necromancers. But since this tanarisi culture idea has even been dismissed by Melnerag who I think made it, in this case, just carrying through with the tanarisi culture idea you'd risk alienating the 20 odd people on this forum.

On the other hand, I don't really see how it would affect the event that much. After all, the story seems centered around a few people crashing on the shores of Tanaris and getting captured by the people living there, which could be bandits. To me, there doesn't even seem to be a need for any "culture" or "lore" per say. Bandits would probably see potential slaves as any other prize and commodity, and would serve well enough as basis for an event such as this. Sure, maybe the guy having written the tanarisi lore would feel gutted for having to dismiss it due to pressure from the community, but the appeal of an event such as this is the potential story behind the enslavement and the captors etc. And that story, the story which the player partakes in, is more important than any backstory imo.

It's just that it is quite relevant to the event and to the people participating. Do I need to go and delete my character now or what's the status? Earlier comments on the topic were as helpful as pissing on a beggar. I need a bone here so I can actually invite people to the event without the fear of everyone involved being shunned upon by the Courthouse that is DBRP.

Those who feel like player-made lore should be discussed about and decided for future occasions, then just link a thread on the comments and I'll be sure to put my irrelevant input on the matter so we can move on to argue over other threads and topics.
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigs Morgan Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:12 pm

There is so much sand in some peoples vaginas you could make tanaris IRL and go and fucking Larp in it. Stop taking the game and RP so serious and have fun. Since I came to this server there has been tanarisi lore. I found it refreshing and pretty interesting. Unless you rp a tanarisi I don't see how it would effect anyone in anyway. I don't even RP a tanarisi but its just frustrating. Too much negativity and super serial mother fuckers up in this bitch yo.
Brigs Morgan
Brigs Morgan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaraj Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:22 pm

Reynar / Raviran wrote:It's just that it is quite relevant to the event and to the people participating. Do I need to go and delete my character now or what's the status? Earlier comments on the topic were as helpful as pissing on a beggar. I need a bone here so I can actually invite people to the event without the fear of everyone involved being shunned upon by the Courthouse that is DBRP.

Those who feel like player-made lore should be discussed about and decided for future occasions, then just link a thread on the comments and I'll be sure to put my irrelevant input on the matter so we can move on to argue over other threads and topics.

If those two are the options then I'd say just go with the event. Sure you are going to get some hate mails and stuff, but if you feel like the only compromise possible is to delete your character, then you should probably just go with doing the event, with the lore and everything, and let the people interested enjoy it. It's not worth deleting a character you've invested in just to please those who follow the lore more closely.
Zaraj
Zaraj

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Drake Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:09 pm

I've decided to re-word the original post and title as well as get rid of any words that might offend those who wish to stick to the Blizzard-made lore like glue. Therefore we can stop arguing and focus on the event. Thanks.
Robin Drake
Robin Drake

Character sheet
Name: Robin Drake
Title: Wolf of Shady Lady Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next