Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Expedition to the Dark Portal - 11th October

+5
Skarain
Helmut
Rargnasha
siegmund
Maelmoor
9 posters

Go down

[A] Expedition to the Dark Portal - 11th October Empty [A] Expedition to the Dark Portal - 11th October

Post by Maelmoor Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:44 pm

IC update will come tomorrow, this is just an heads up with some OOC information

What:
We will travel to the Dark Portal to investigate some reported activities there, this is a pre-patch RP event where everyone can contribute with ideas and RP

When:
Saturday 11th October from 20:00 server time, event will last for several days

Everyone is welcome to join but we will for certain need some mages who can help out with the investigation, idea is to travel there ICly and then we take it from there, so feel free to contribute with ideas and let me know if you want a calender invite in the game!

Last edited by Maelmoor on Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

[A] Expedition to the Dark Portal - 11th October Empty Re: [A] Expedition to the Dark Portal - 11th October

Post by siegmund Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:15 pm

OOC:
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

[A] Expedition to the Dark Portal - 11th October Empty Re: [A] Expedition to the Dark Portal - 11th October

Post by Rargnasha Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Reckon I'll pin this up here, incase you blue-backs are interested!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:07 pm

siegmund wrote:
OOC:

Spoiler:
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:52 pm

I will wait out myself to the day of pre-expansion release, look how it plays out and go with that. Other folks are free to do as they wish. Just don't over-plan it.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:56 pm

It will always be a fine balance when it comes to these kind of events, I respect those who do not wish to take part and who doesn't approve the idea, it's been the same before and seems to divide people in terms of what is fine and what isn't.

I still think that having some nice RP can never be a bad thing if it suits your character ICly but as I said I respect other opinions in the matter of course, feedback is always welcome.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:32 pm

You could always find out that it's something hilariously and entirely unrelated, too. It'd only add more to the "oh god wtf" feeling when the attack DOES strike.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayle Ravelle Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:43 pm

Sorry to be that guy... but it's Expedition, not Expidition.
Kayle Ravelle
Kayle Ravelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Letisha Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:08 pm

We've successfully arrived at Nethergarde Keep after a long journey, and will be commencing the investigations tomorrow, led by Letisha Thunderwing.
Any and all who wants to join in and investigate what is really going on are welcome to come, just /w for an invite. We'll begin at 20:00 tomorrow.

---
OOC/IC/whatever, - EXPLANATION: No, we will not find out about impending invasion and doom and Iron Horde. We're not going against lore in that respect, as some of you seem to think. That would be ruining everything, and we don't want that Wink
ICly, Nethergarde has sent out an invitation to come have a look at what's happening around the portal, and they need help figuring out why these things are going on.
OOCly we wanted a reason to be in the Blasted Lands for the prepatch release.
the idea is not to find out what's going to happen lore-wise. I don't want to spoil, though, so of course I won't say what we will find.

Sadly, due to different reasons, this was on a bit of short notice. But people are, of course, still welcome to join as we will try to RP around this area both tomorrow night starting at 20:00 (the 12th) and on Monday around 20:00.

I'm sad to see so many nay-sayers in this thread. Feedback is of course always welcome, but hey... Can't juge without having the whole picture, can you.
Anyway. I'll be hosting this along with Maelmoor and my dwarves tomorrow and Monday.
Shoot any of us a /w for an invite if interested.
Letisha
Letisha

http://khazmodan.enjin.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolerien Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:24 am

I wish you luck. I think it's just that it's highly coincidental that Nethergarde is asking people to investigate right now. But, to the nay-sayers, why couldn't it happen? That's all it is, a coincidence.

Out of interest, do you need a reason to be in the Blasted Lands at the start of the pre-patch? The entirety of the Alliance and Horde RPers will no doubt descend upon the zone during the patch.

Also, do you have an explanation ready as to why all your guys escaped Nethergarde and seemingly left the guys stationed there to fend for themselves?

Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Letisha Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:40 am

Thank you.
Absolutely, but since noone knows about what'll happen ICly, I see no reason why not. It's just us players knowing about it, not our characters.

We wanted to RP around the Blasted Lands to be in the vicinity when it hits, so to speak. And, sadly, I have to spoil the idea a little bit,
We're concluding the investigation tomorrow (monday) and starting to head for home.
That way, we won't have miraculously escaped a catastophy, or left Nethergarde alone, since none of it has happened yet, and it's - once again - us players that think too much inside the box. Our characters won't know until it's happened.
We'll be on our way home once it hits, and can easily turn around and go back once we get the news.
Letisha
Letisha

http://khazmodan.enjin.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down