Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers

+27
Marzamara
Iriel Silversong
Rashka
Coppersocket
Ledgic
Grim
Tantzui
Zinkle Figgins
Grufftoof
Thelos
Catari
Izzifix
Krogon Devilstep
Reynar / Raviran
erwtenpeller
Haen Strongwind
Ixirar
Feral / Blackfall
siegmund
Rargnasha
Helmut
Rmuffn
Amaryl
The Z
Vaell
Allonia_Miral
Skarain
31 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers - Page 3 Empty Re: Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:21 am

Rename it "Mergeworld.com" !!!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers - Page 3 Empty Re: Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers

Post by Coppersocket Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 am

Or you know, start using the actual forums again.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:57 am

Are those forums going to be connected...?

This might be one of those cases where a 2nd party website serves a good purpose-- To bring together people from four different realm forums into one place.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:04 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Are those forums going to be connected...?

This might be one of those cases where a 2nd party website serves a good purpose-- To bring together people from four different realm forums into one place.

They're gonna be like this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Ooooh cool!

Then yes. Official forums! Go go go!

--- No wait, nevermind. Can't post pictures in there.

Lame.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi Grim!

Yes, I remember that battle well. It was a fine battle, and I most vividly remember saying my thanks that you did not send your Frost Mage. Wink I'm also looking forward to seeing you all again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:06 am

Because holing up here when we can visibly see that new people are gonna arrive is a good idea. I think not, no.

Expect the realms to be connected within 2-4 days. You may wanna start packing your bags.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The following realms are due to be connected on 27 August:

German Realms
(PvE) Proudmoore and Madmortem
(PvP) Frostmourne and Nazjatar/Dalvengyr
(PvP) Gorgonnash and Nefarian/Nera'thor/Mannoroth/Destromath
(RP) Der Mithrilorden and Der Rat von Dalaran
(RP PvP) Kult der Verdammten and Die Arguswacht/Die Todeskrallen/Das Syndikat/Der Abyssische Rat

The following realms are due to be connected after the realms above:

English Realms
(RP PVP) Defias Brotherhood and Scarshield Legion/Ravenholdt/The Venture Co/Sporeggar

So somewhere after 27th. I am not a tech-person so i can't estimate how long it ought to take but seeing that the RP-PvP servers are already prettymuch connected (expect DB), i would guess that by the turn of the month rather than 27th. We will see.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:58 pm

oh wow I totally missed the "Follwing realms" line. But yeah, before end of the month or possibly on like, the first?
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:51 pm

what's going to be the deal though, inregards to battlegroups? i.e; will i be able to enter random bgs with a guildie that isn't in my battlgroup? or is that going to be connected to?

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:53 pm

Battlegroups haven't existed for about a year now in any capacity. Your battlegroup is "The entirety of Europe and Russia".
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:42 pm

27'th of August we will be connected. (Apologizes if it's been said already but I'm tired and lazy.)
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:28 am

Actually .. its the 10th of September. Blue post says so.
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet
Name: Iriel
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:57 am

Iriel Silversong wrote:Actually .. its the 10th of September. Blue post says so.

Or that, as I said I were tired! Only skimmed over the text. Very Happy
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:28 am

Rashka wrote:
Iriel Silversong wrote:Actually .. its the 10th of September. Blue post says so.

Or that, as I said I were tired! Only skimmed over the text. Very Happy

NU. I R RIGHT
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Iriel Silversong Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:29 am

Well if there's any way to meet the other new faces would be good to introduce ourselves !
Iriel Silversong
Iriel Silversong

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Marzamara Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:51 pm

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I have only been on Defias for a few months, and as such can only develop a limited opinion on this. Howbeit the way I see it, once the furore and confusion has passed things will go back to normal, and in the end most people on Defias Brotherhood won't see much of a difference. Though I've got a lingering feeling that the server will be swarming with mooncalves, trolls and griefers, the first few weeks or months following the merge.

Marzamara

Back to top Go down

Post by Skaraa Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Howdy, I missed this thread on my recent forum rounds.

I'm Skaraa, and I've been here on various characters for awhile anyway. What is new is that my long time home guild the Theatre of Blood (effectively the 'other' RP guild coming over) will be joining us on DB via the connection. Yay!
I've already posted a preemptive registry thread about the guild, and we're excited to get into the (much) larger RP community and, most importantly, get recruiting!
The Theatre takes some OOCers as well, because we're a social guild at our roots, though our main interest is roleplay.

Minor note; Skaraa was executed on TVC and I've been using him (or a highly edited version of him) for random RP on DB. Obviously, that's a clash on my own part, and luckily Skaraa hasn't played anything approaching a mildly significant role here, so I'll stop playing him for now to avoid that particular issue - as nobody, or few people, will notice the random Draenei mage disappear.

That aside; yes we'll all be visible in Stormwind, Orgrimmar, and WoD/Pandaria to each other. Yes, we'll have joined AHs, and yes we'll be sharing rares (though the clever among farmers already know of ways to raid the rares of other servers, so that should be easily rectified if people want easy kills). As for the population change; it isn't going to be very drastic, even connected to each other the TVC/SSL/etc; megaserver has a fairly low population (it hovers between low and medium, so lets call is low-end-medium population. Obviously, this represents accounts and not actual activity, at peak times you're likely to only have a hundred or so people in major cities and the Horde population is, from my experience, tumbleweed-worthy. So the change for you guys isn't likely to be very drastic, what you will have is more RPers. I'd put my bets on a count of around a 45 mark (Alliance side), it isn't a massive increase, but it will be interesting and full of new people none the less. Horde side -does- have some roleplayers, but the guild is small; we're talking probably 20 people max and most of them are Blood Elves. Though activity on that front, to my knowledge, has waned over summer.

That's my perspective on the matter, my estimates and predictions are based on only minor research which took me like ten minutes, so don't put too much weight on them. I've certainly been wrong before. But I think it is a fairly reasonable guideline for now.

- Skaraa

EDIT: Oh, and, Blizzard have stated that this connection will be in the next batch to take place. Judging on the time it has taken, on average, for them to do connections in the past I would predict a month or so. I've watched the connections and the time they take quite a lot over the past year, so I'm fairly confident but again, it is just conjecture at this time. I've no idea where people above got those dates from, if you've looked into it more then good on you. Either way, looking like within the next month.

EDIT EDIT: Gerrond, the TVC-RP forum is completely unused, you are correct. It may be worth taking what you want from it in case it is closed due to inactivity. I've prodded over there occasionally to keep it up for the sake of keeping the old threads in case they turned out to be helpful but I think it wouldn't be out of place to ensure we have everything we want from it. Honestly, I'd even consider closing it down myself if we can ensure we have everything worth keeping.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] In case they want any old history/story files from there.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Carcia Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:13 am

Hi all. Just posting my input on the merge and hopefully putting peoples minds at rest.

I'm Carcia, one of the Officers in TvC's Wardens of Azeroth, also Ziilla from Shatterskull Marauders on DB.

As TvC has been connected for some time now, we know what a connection is like for us in the game, and really nothing much is noticed at all, people fearing of trolls and gankers will be pleasantly surprised as frankly, you probably wont notice the small amounts of people the new realms hold. When TVC was connected we noticed there was a few more people around Trade - that was it. (And that the rares that were 100% up were up slightly less.)

In terms of RP however, I feel this is good news all round, more RP is always a good thing, even more so for our smaller realm that has had no more than 2 RP guilds in existence for years now.

I for one am looking forward to playing what feels like an MMORPG again, with some more varied RP and hopefully new acquaintances. Its a big deal for us on the smaller realms, but for DB, it really just means some more eager RPers and a few new people. Last time I checked at peak times Alliance side only had around 60ish players online on average (real number per night is lower at any one time).

Look forward to seeing you all in game.

Carcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriukan Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:45 am

Realm merge was moved ahead to September 3rd. Next week. Rejoice!
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:49 am

So tomorrow, eh? Time to make name reservations for about 50 characters on five other realms...

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:37 am

Yup.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carcia Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:39 am

Looking forward to seeing you all in game, though I'll put it bluntly, this merge will mean more to the smaller realms such as TvC than it would ever mean to DB. You probably wont have to reserve names, not enough people to steal them Wink

(That and you can be Carcia - The Venture Co and Carcia - Defias Brotherhood, as thats how linked realms naming conventions work).

Carcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:42 am

We're not afraid of other realms stealing our names. We're afraid people of our own realm will steal our names.

That said, reserved both my names.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:26 am

I don't care as long as it brings some more Rp-PvP'ers into the game, we're seriously lacking them.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next