Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers

+27
Marzamara
Iriel Silversong
Rashka
Coppersocket
Ledgic
Grim
Tantzui
Zinkle Figgins
Grufftoof
Thelos
Catari
Izzifix
Krogon Devilstep
Reynar / Raviran
erwtenpeller
Haen Strongwind
Ixirar
Feral / Blackfall
siegmund
Rargnasha
Helmut
Rmuffn
Amaryl
The Z
Vaell
Allonia_Miral
Skarain
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers - Page 2 Empty Re: Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers

Post by Reynar / Raviran Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Amaryl wrote:truth be told nobody needs to know anything. Nobody cares which cults faced which guard guilds when, and who held which territory at what point. its a big world.
EDIT: except the fact that djego killed hogger, hoggerson the third. everyone needs to know, and everyone will eventually i'm sure.

edit 2:

the more important question is; does this mean there can now be 4 Bobs? Like an entire squad all called Bob?

Oh man that's awesome.

Well many things such as different religions used to matter (Fe: The Chapter but they're no longer around so it's irrelevant) and of course there are things like the existence of the Tanarisi which so far has ever been RPed out in DB. (Note: My main being a Tanarisi so I've had a lot to do with the whole concept during my last 5 years.)

There's the Ironforge Senate and Stormwind City Council. Would be a good idea to have members of the other realms join in on those.

I can't say much for Horde side but I'm sure they have their own resembling things aswell.

There are many awesome concepts that have died out over the years but I think it's fair for people to know that they were there and have made a change. Hell, people might want to integrate some to their character backround be it old or a new character.
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers - Page 2 Empty Re: Incoming Connected Realms - Defias Brotherhood & 4 Other RP-PvP servers

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Reynar / Raviran wrote:the existence of the Tanarisi.
They never where, and never will be a thing, no matter how hard you close your eyes and pretend they are, buddy.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:44 pm

Reynar / Raviran wrote:
Amaryl wrote:truth be told nobody needs to know anything. Nobody cares which cults faced which guard guilds when, and who held which territory at what point. its a big world.
EDIT: except the fact that djego killed hogger, hoggerson the third. everyone needs to know, and everyone will eventually i'm sure.

edit 2:

the more important question is; does this mean there can now be 4 Bobs? Like an entire squad all called Bob?

Oh man that's awesome.

Well many things such as different religions used to matter (Fe: The Chapter but they're no longer around so it's irrelevant) and of course there are things like the existence of the Tanarisi which so far has ever been RPed out in DB. (Note: My main being a Tanarisi so I've had a lot to do with the whole concept during my last 5 years.)

There's the Ironforge Senate and Stormwind City Council. Would be a good idea to have members of the other realms join in on those.

I can't say much for Horde side but I'm sure they have their own resembling things aswell.

There are many awesome concepts that have died out over the years but I think it's fair for people to know that they were there and have made a change. Hell, people might want to integrate some to their character backround be it old or a new character.

to be fair; everything except the senate and council, will not form any sort of problem in assimilating multiple realms. you can still play a tanarisi without the other person knowing its culture. you can still play a tanarisi with another tanarisi following an entirely different culture from a different realm. you can still be ignorant about the chapter, or know them, but that in no way hampers rp between groups. because the world is big. i meet new people everyday. in the place i lived for the past 8 years.

regarding the council and senate; it will not be a great loss if those institutions changed because of new people. heck maybe we should assimilate some conventions of other servers if they're cool or better too. however if we think to force people into the senate we have now, and into the council we have now, we will have the same arguments we had in db for the past 8 years in 5 fold.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:46 pm

I cri evritaim.

But seriously! IT IS A THING!
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynar / Raviran Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:53 pm

Amaryl wrote:

to be fair; everything except the senate and council, will not form any sort of problem in assimilating multiple realms. you can still play a tanarisi without the other person knowing its culture. you can still play a tanarisi with another tanarisi following an entirely different culture from a different realm. you can still be ignorant about the chapter, or know them, but that in no way hampers rp between groups. because the world is big. i meet new people everyday. in the place i lived for the past 8 years.

regarding the council and senate; it will not be a great loss if those institutions changed because of new people. heck maybe we should assimilate some conventions of other servers if they're cool or better too. however if we think to force people into the senate we have now, and into the council we have now, we will have the same arguments we had in db for the past 8 years in 5 fold.

Nobody's forcing anyone to do anything!

I just think that the people who will RP with us in the future might want to be a part of the actual governance of the city and it's laws. Since the OP stated that they never had a player-made figures / system of authority who actually make and enforce IC laws. If there is an existing equal to that it's a whole different thing but so far we've only been told that there is none.

Give the voice to the people!  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Reynar / Raviran
Reynar / Raviran

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Thing is. It's also -our- server merging with theirs.

So hold back the horses and try not to wield the law hammer too swiftly.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Krogon has a point. I think this is a good occasion to make sure people from our server understand things like:

- "The Council" = The Council of small matters. The unimportant everyday stuff that the actual Lore characters are too busy and important to deal with. As such, its authority is limited. Not making claims to ridiculous powers makes the whole thing more believable and less despicable if it is to still be a thing on The Newrealm.

- "The Stormwind Regiment" = The first regiment. Possibly one of many. Perhaps the second regiment is out there waiting on the Newrealm?

- "Spymaster Spoon" (example of a character with a title, not meaning to point fingers) = A spymaster of the Newrealm Alliance. Not necessarily the spymaster.

Make no mistake: Defias Brotherhood RP-PVP will cease to exist when the merge happens. All inhabitants of all the merging servers will be inhabitants of The Newrealm (eventually the Mergeland if you prefer)
, not of one of the other merged realms.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Mergeland is a good name.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Catari Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:55 pm

This is awesome news! I cant wait to clash with the lovely Gerrond and his Wardens again. I have missed you guys.
Catari
Catari

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:58 am

erwtenpeller wrote:Awesome news. I welcome our new merger overlords.

Pfft. You think other RP-PvP got shit on us?! We are clearly the overlords in this scenario.

Also: Hiiii Garrond! Fun to see you again!!

Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:02 am

I'll bow to them anyway.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:13 am

Great news!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:59 am

I'm going to start drafting the a new "rp is dying" thread which i will post a day after the connection.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:03 am

Humm...reading those Connected Realms features again, I think this is the final nail in the coffin for my second account. In fact, I might just buy the character booster alone now, if the urge gets big enuff.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Amaryl wrote:I'm going to start drafting the a new "rp is dying" thread which i will post a day after the connection.

I love you 
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Amaryl wrote:I'm going to start drafting the a new "rp is dying" thread which i will post a day after the connection.
And then you will post first and link all the previous topics on the same matter
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tantzui Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Great news! I'm gonna be all: "Hi all new faces! Lets be friends? :3"
Tantzui
Tantzui

Character sheet
Name: Tant
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Zinkle Figgins wrote:
And then you will post first and link all the previous topics on the same matter

That goes without saying.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Hey, Helmut and Catari! Nice to see some old, old faces again (even though I've said hi to Helmut several times). Hope you two are doing well here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:48 pm

Gerr!

*HUGS*

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:07 am

Gerrond do you think this realm connection will make some former Scarshield Legion/Ravenholdt/The Venture Co/Sporeggar role-players come back from Argent Dawn? You guys should spread the word, maybe people have been waiting for this for a long time, who knows

As for DefiasRP, should we consider making it a forum for all the connected realms?
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:15 am

*hugs Arli* Hi!

To answer your questions, Zinkle: yes, I think we will see a few people returning from Argent Dawn. I've heard various good and bad things about AD, and I think a connection between all the RP-PvP servers can prompt people to come back to their old friends now that it will be united. I think spreading the word is a good idea, considering Blizzard isn't exactly advertising it.

As for making DefiasRP a forum for all the realms. I think that'd be a good idea when the time is there. TVC does have its own unofficial forum, but that is hardly used anymore these days - all the posts on there are from a time long gone. Good OOC communication will help a lot in this matter, and I think DefiasRP is currently the most visited of the realm forums (be it official or unofficial).

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:25 am

Hey Gerrond!

Looking forward to RPing with the Wardens again Smile I'm all for some more battles in dwarven lands - do you remember thrashing the Marauder champion Chryso in a duel of champions?

Just bringing that up in the hope Chryso reads it and feels bad.
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:42 am

Gerrond wrote:*hugs Arli* Hi!

To answer your questions, Zinkle: yes, I think we will see a few people returning from Argent Dawn. I've heard various good and bad things about AD, and I think a connection between all the RP-PvP servers can prompt people to come back to their old friends now that it will be united. I think spreading the word is a good idea, considering Blizzard isn't exactly advertising it.

As for making DefiasRP a forum for all the realms. I think that'd be a good idea when the time is there. TVC does have its own unofficial forum, but that is hardly used anymore these days - all the posts on there are from a time long gone. Good OOC communication will help a lot in this matter, and I think DefiasRP is currently the most visited of the realm forums (be it official or unofficial).

Great, spread the word. I look forward to meet you all in WoD
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 am

Zinkle Figgins wrote:As for DefiasRP, should we consider making it a forum for all the connected realms?

Absolutely. Anyone RP'ing on Defias is welcome to join the forum, I see no reason why those that RP with us from connected realms shouldn't be.

Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next