Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guard Guilds/'Holy Light' Guilds...

+11
Aarian Northlight
Torukan
Maelmoor
Arathoran
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Lavian
Kristeas Sunbinder
Melnerag
Magaskawee/Anaei
itsy
Etular
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guard Guilds/'Holy Light' Guilds... Empty Guard Guilds/'Holy Light' Guilds...

Post by Etular Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Is it just me, or do all Guard/Holy Light guilds seem to be very prejudice/elitist when it comes to race? Laughing I've searched the few guilds listed on the Defias Wiki, and have yet to find one that allows multiple races to join other than in "rare exceptions". Not to mention, I couldn't find one Holy Light (non-heretical) guild that allowed anything other than Humans, and even the heretical guilds I found disallowed Gnomes and Night Elves.

Obviously, people's first thoughts would be "Well then, Etular, why not do something about it?". Razz The reason? I could give a million excuses - I don't have the time, I can't a base of operations, my character's IC story wouldn't fit etc. (which are all true, to an extent); but most of all, would people join such a guild? Every guild I have founded has failed due to being a "bad idea", but is this another one? If not, then I'm left with the problem of finding a base of operations.

Kalimdor tends to be rarely used, proving somewhat tedious to get to and ICly useless for my Gnomish Character, so I'll stick with the Eastern Kingdoms. Expanding southwards (i.e. Blasted Lands/Stranglethorn) isn't the best idea due to a lack of Alliance Territory, being aesthetically unpleasing in comparison to some of the other zones and just not necessarily fitting as a guild's "base of operations". The only other option, therefore, is to expand northwards. Both Loch Modan, Wetlands and Dun Morough are completely out of the question, as DRS have a firm grasp on both areas; WPL and above are out of the question due to difficulty to get to, Arathi Highlands is out of the question due to Mrs Trollbane... In all honesty, the only two zones I can see as being possibly available are the Hinterlands (assuming it also isn't taken by DRS) and Southshore (Was there not a guild formerly claiming ownership of it previously?).
Ofcourse, I could always choose to create yet another guard guild in Stormwind/Ironforge etc. but this will, obviously, result in "Guard Wars", constant vying for control/power and a tonne load of drama - which I'd rather avoid completely.

Then, after that, comes the IC reason of why Etular would do this and how. His excellent character background should suffice for why he becomes a guard of sorts, but not how he actually gained his position. Perhaps a few Dwarves in the Hinterlands liked his "sense of character"? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

*Just to clarify, via this thread I am in no way criticising, belittling or besmirching the outstanding job that our local Dwarven Rifle Squad, Gnomish Artillery Squad, Stormwind Intelligence, Blazing Shields, Ere Argus, Winterblades, Kingdom of Arathor, Disciples of Light, Chapter of Holy Anethion, Shields of Argus and other such guilds are doing. I fully support their efforts, but find it somewhat a shame that a Gnome, for example, who seeks to join a Holy Light Guild is forbidden, or if wishing to join a Guard Guild then their options are severely limited to choosing Gnomish Artillery Squad etc.*
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Guard Guilds/'Holy Light' Guilds... Empty Re: Guard Guilds/'Holy Light' Guilds...

Post by itsy Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:03 pm

Shut up you horrible gnome
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Guard Guilds/'Holy Light' Guilds... Empty Re: Guard Guilds/'Holy Light' Guilds...

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:09 pm

You realise you just asked why Holy Guilds were prejudice? You asked why religious people, were prejudice.. Take the Disciples for example, they accept all pure races that have been openly touched by the light. So Humans and Dwarves. However, the Draenei are literally live and breathe light so naturally they are accepted. Night Elves whilst perhaps wielding the light, do so in the form of Elune. And gnomes are not a widely religious race, I myself attempted to join DoL on my Gnome and understand their reasons against it.

Also, it's not really up for debate what races a guild accepts. It's totally up to the Guild Master in question. Their guild, their rules. Every race has a place to go guild wise. Gnomes have the Artillery Squad, or they could seek out Bloodwind, or the Blazing Shields. Or any form of guild they wish. And come Cataclysm I am most confidant the doors will be opened to gnomes.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:12 pm

I do agree that ammount of cross-racial guilds is somewhat limited. Right now its Bloodwind and Wardens who accept all if I am mistaken.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:16 pm

But to me that's fine, Defias was once famous for two things World-Pvp and Single-Race guilds. Very successful ones. Mistrunners, SGE, DRS, OoTRB, Cult, Sin Belore etc etc. Variety enough for me. I just think if someone wants a place for their character in a certain guild they either need to work very hard for it, or find an alternative.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Joining a guild is a thing on itself, it can feel nice if you put some work in it to get in but on the other hand there is nothing against joining a guild as the result of an rp session. (how I got into Sin Belore and DRS respectively).

Maybe look at it this way, a gnome guar trying to apprehend a human, night elf, dwarf or a draenei. Bit strange, wouldn't it? What stop the culprit from just seeking higher ground?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Well!

1st of all, I find it weird that some guilds don't allow other races on OOC principle. So, for instance, a night elf who lives in Stormwind, saving human lives, does his best to make stormwind a better place,speaks common, converted to the light, pays his taxes and really works hard to join Blazing Shields- he won't be able to. So imho, it should be in theory possible to join - the conditions can however be draconian.

2ndly, suppose I am a gnome. Suppose I hate Ryea and Swatti with a BURNING PASSION! Where do I go?

3rd. Wouldn't it just be awesome RP and awesome story of a lonely Gnome trying to prove his worth and join a human guard-regiment? Very Happy
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:43 pm

2ndly, suppose I am a gnome. Suppose I hate Ryea and Swatti with a BURNING PASSION! Where do I go?

But you DO hate Ryea atleast with a burning passion.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:You realise you just asked why Holy Guilds were prejudice? You asked why religious people, were prejudice..

You have a very good point there. Laughing Forget I ever asked. Razz

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Also, it's not really up for debate what races a guild accepts. It's totally up to the Guild Master in question. Their guild, their rules. Every race has a place to go guild wise. Gnomes have the Artillery Squad, or they could seek out Bloodwind, or the Blazing Shields. Or any form of guild they wish. And come Cataclysm I am most confidant the doors will be opened to gnomes.

My proposition was, however, quite the opposite from trying to get people people to change existing guilds. Rather, it's to try to get them to open new ones - new opportunities, a brand spanking new guild available for all who seek to join rather that restricted to some and open for others etc. Inspirational sppech rather than a derogatory one. Razz
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Restricted race-guilds are SO much more fun. If you have serveral guilds for every race, it's alot more fun for real inter-race roleplay in my eyes.

An example was the Blazing Shields interacting with the Winterblades, both military guilds, however each unique to their race with their own races' ways and things. This created awesome roleplay and prejuce between the two, now imagine if the Winterblades had humans in it and the Blazing Shields had elves? The whole race-thing would be neutralized for example.

The thing that can make RP so fun is different races with different culture/beliefs/race interacting with each other. And when you neutralize that with an all-race guild (removing the ingame racism) you loose alot of fun in my eyes. However, this does not mean there cannot be good all-race guilds, of course there can and there are already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:12 pm

You shields are human only aren't you?
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Aye, we are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:32 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:Aye, we are.

Aye thought so, personally I like such being one of the main guard guilds of the Human capital. Whilst the Wardens offers other races guard chances.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:42 pm

I have to ask, Blaight.

Why do the shields not accept atleast Dwarves?
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Because then they'd be short on manpower?
I know, horrible pun ._.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:49 pm

Seeing as no disciple has answered yet, I'll drop somewhat of an answer here for us at least (Although I should not be taken as 100% correct)

We accept the light worshiping races due to us being a guild dedicated to the holy light, we've discussed the possibility of gnomes being allowed into the guild, but we've decided to wait for cataclysm to hit, so that we avoid getting gnomes into the guild, and then Cat hits and we receive some lore where it states that they worship the titan gods and they're their source of their divine powers.

Regarding the Night Elves, we've decided not to recruit them as they are a very conservative race that usually worships Elune and none else, and to my knowledge there is no known Night Elf that worships the Light.

But, one should always keep in mind that a solid enough back story and a good enough character won't be rejected without us reviewing the applicant at least, so don't worry I don't think our recruitment staff is that strict on racial rules if you know what I mean? Razz

Hope that gives somewhat an answer Smile
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:12 pm

And that's why they don't accept Taurens either, They're cows you know? And it's only in India they worship them ;D
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Do they have WoW in India? More importantly.. Are Tauren the biggest race there!? OMG RESEARCH!
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:16 pm

We have accepted dwarves as riflemen for a short while, but it didn't work out! The dwarves we recruited were.. well.. retarded xD Also, they didn't really fit in with the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:18 pm

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:We have accepted dwarves as riflemen for a short while, but it didn't work out! The dwarves we recruited were.. well.. retarded xD Also, they didn't really fit in with the rest.

Most of these awesome Dwarves are in the Rifle squad. Which we're all thankful for! They are a great aspect of the Rp around Alliance! Very Happy Cheers!

Even though I'd like at least just one or two cool dwarves in my other guilds, they just bring the spirit! Very Happy
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:26 pm

We, The Holy Lightbringers accept all races, both due to Maelmoors personal views/beliefs and for the fact that the Light is for everyone and in the past there have been both gnomes and elves following the light (but in a clear minority) and since we feel the cause is the most important thing we allow those who respect the Light and share the same goals but might not be true followers of Light.

Those have to back it up of course with a storyline that suits their characters and to be honest they are few, but yes we accept all races.
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:25 am

Etular wrote:His excellent character background should suffice for why he becomes a guard of sorts, but not how he actually gained his position. Perhaps a few Dwarves in the Hinterlands liked his "sense of character"?

You're one to gloat quickly, I was expecting something like this

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Northlight Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:41 pm

I was going to say, before Maelmoor posted, that the Holy Lightbringers do and always have accepted all races Smile
Aarian Northlight
Aarian Northlight

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aarian Northlight
Title: Master Chaplain & Founder, The Disciples of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Maelmoor wrote:We, The Holy Lightbringers accept all races, both due to Maelmoors personal views/beliefs and for the fact that the Light is for everyone and in the past there have been both gnomes and elves following the light (but in a clear minority) and since we feel the cause is the most important thing we allow those who respect the Light and share the same goals but might not be true followers of Light.

Those have to back it up of course with a storyline that suits their characters and to be honest they are few, but yes we accept all races.

Even so, I must add, A Warlock disguised as a "Fire Mage" would be incapable of joining due to class restrictions - would they not? Razz
Etular
Etular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Etular wrote:
Even so, I must add, A Warlock disguised as a "Fire Mage" would be incapable of joining due to class restrictions - would they not? Razz

They accept Death Knights from what I've seen, so I doubt it'd matter.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next