Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garrisons-Warlords of Draenor

+13
Ledgic
Shriukan
Allonia_Miral
erwtenpeller
Azmariel
Cathee Norris
Gesh
Ruby
Ralegh
Raenmar
Zinkle Figgins
Littlepip
Zouyo
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Garrisons-Warlords of Draenor - Page 2 Empty Re: Garrisons-Warlords of Draenor

Post by Shriukan Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Having the Garrison available outside the game would take way too many resources on servers and time to actually make it. Devs said they'd look into it but that it would be very unlikely if they'd make your Garrison available outside of WoW.

In the Garrison you will be able to breed your pets à-la-Pokémon Gold/Silver.

The way the Garrison works happens to be more in line with the Warcraft RTS than some stupid Facebook game.

You will be able to send your minions on quests. They can level up and they can die. They can do dungeons and they can do raids. But it's never on screen I believe.
Shriukan
Shriukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Shriukan wrote:
The way the Garrison works happens to be more in line with the Warcraft RTS than some stupid Facebook game.

You will be able to send your minions on quests. They can level up and they can die. They can do dungeons and they can do raids. But it's never on screen I believe.

That's exactly what a stupid facebook game can be. Sounds identical to a Game of Thrones Ascent game I played on facebook.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:13 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:...And that would be pretty cool if that meant I could actually access it through my phone or browser.

A phone/browser game that grants actual in-game boons sounds pretty cool. But I'd like to play it on my phone, or in my browser. If I'm actually logged into WoW, I'd prefer to spend my time playing something in 3D.
I'd love it if they included a tab in a mobile app so I could do a bunch of my garrison things during my tea breaks/lunchtime at work.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:11 pm

It does seem perfect for that. It's very clear that the question "How do we get players to log in contantly/multiple times a day for little tasks?" played a big role in this design.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:21 am

Lumber Mill
Spoiler:

Mage Tower: Don't care what it does, all I knows is I wants one in my Garrison :3
Spoiler:

Enchanting Station?
Spoiler:

Storehouse (possible character materials bank or something?)
Spoiler:

Jewelcrafter Station?
Spoiler:

Horde Stable
Spoiler:
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:55 am

Yub. Them is lookin' good.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:01 pm

Give me my mage tower.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:04 pm

Chapel plx.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:48 pm

I'd just like them to tell us what the Mage Tower actually does. I mean, we know the Barracks is where we'll recruit our followers and such... then again the Inn does that as well... So will the Mage Tower house all the in-game books we've read etc like how the Lorewalkers have the scroll/story thing up in the Vale, or will it be a place for us to grab minions of a more magical nature?
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:50 am

MMO's got some new Garrison info!

Garrison Levels
Right now there are two different locations with plots in the files, one of which doesn't include the fishing hut.
Level 1 - 2 Small Plots, 1 Medium Plot, 1 Large Plot, Mine, Farm, and Fishing Hut
Level 2 - 3 Small Plots, 2 Medium Plots, 2 Large Plots, Mine, Farm, and Fishing Hut
Level 3 - 4 Small Plots, 3 Medium Plots, 3 Large Plots, Mine, Farm, and Fishing Hut

Buildings
A garrison is made up of plots, which are filled by buildings.

You can't have every building at once, as you are limited by the number of plots.
Each building has a base level and two possible upgrades.
There are buildings for almost every profession, which allow you to gather reagents daily and make some of that profession's items.
The base level profession building only can hold one day's worth of reagents, so you have to collect them every day. As you upgrade, the building can hold two and then four days worth of reagent batches.
Each building has specializations, which gives you some kind of perk, such as portals, more reagents, or buffs to followers.
Each building sits on a different plot size, with Profession buildings requiring small plots. The Mine, Fishing Hut, Farm, and Pet Menagerie are listed as unique plot types.

Alchemy Lab (Small)
The Alchemy Lab creates a variety of reagents and interesting Alchemical wonders.
GarrBuilding #76 - Generates a batch of Alchemy reagents daily, and allows production of Alchemical items. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #119 - Alchemy Lab - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Alchemy reagents.
GarrBuilding #120 - Alchemy Lab - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

Armory (Large)
The Armory stores and maintains the armaments used by the Garrison's inhabitants.
GarrBuilding #10 - Armory - Unlocks Specializations.
GarrBuilding #8 - Armory - Increases the item level of all followers by 1 and grants access to new defense missions.
GarrBuilding #9 - Armory - Provides access to Upgrade! Mission bonus.

Barn (Medium)
The Barn houses the animals that provide the Garrison with leather, meat, and cloth.
GarrBuilding #24 - Produces leather, meat, cloth, and grants access to new provision missions.
GarrBuilding #25 - Now stores up to two days of agricultural goods.
GarrBuilding #133 - Unlocks Specializations, and capacity increases to four days of agricultural goods.

Barracks (Large)
The Barracks houses your garrison's military forces and followers.
GarrBuilding #26 - Increases maximum number of followers and unlocks new patrol missions.
GarrBuilding #27 - Increases maximum number of followers, and provides access to Leadership mission bonus.
GarrBuilding #28 - Increases maximum number of Followers, and unlocks Specializations.

Enchanter's Study (Small)
The Enchanter's Study creates both the magical precursors that form an enchantment, as well as completed and usable item enchantments.
GarrBuilding #93 - Generates a batch of Enchanting components daily, and allows production of Enchantments. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #125 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Enchanting components.
GarrBuilding #126 - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

Engineering Works (Small)
The Engineering Works produces a host of useful gizmos and parts for the intepid tinkerer, and also creates wondrous mechanical devices.
GarrBuilding #91 - Generates a batch of Engineering parts daily, and allows production of mechanical items. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #123 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Engineering parts.
GarrBuilding #124 - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

Fishing Shack
The Fishing Shack provides bait, tackle, and support to those looking for their next big catch.
GarrBuilding #64 - Provides a Fishing merchant and access to new daily Fishing quests.
GarrBuilding #134 - Increases the number of daily Fishing quests to 3.
GarrBuilding #135 - Increases the number of daily Fishing quests to 5.

Gem Boutique (Small)
Generates a batch of Jewelcrafting components daily, and allows production of Jewelry.
GarrBuilding #96 - The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #131 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Jewelcrafting components.
GarrBuilding #132 - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

Herb Garden (Farm)
A bountiful garden for the planting and harvesting of Draenor herbs.
GarrBuilding #29 - Grow and harvest useful herbs in a small garden.
GarrBuilding #136 - Grow more herbs within an expanded garden.
GarrBuilding #137 - Grow even more herbs with the largest garden possible within the Garrison.

Inn (Medium)
The Inn attracts all manners of talented individuals looking for work from across Draenor.
GarrBuilding #34 - Recruit new followers and grants access to new recruiting missions.
GarrBuilding #35 - Provides access to the Kitchen with a Cooking tradeskill merchant.
GarrBuilding #36 - Unlocks Specializations.

Lumber Mill (Medium)
The Lumber Mill provides Material to assist with the building and upgrading of the Garrison.
GarrBuilding #40 - Generates a daily shipment of Material, but the Mill can store at most one shipment at a time. New shipments are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #41 - Now stores up to two shipments of Material.
GarrBuilding #138 - Unlocks Specializations, and Material capacity increases to a maximum of four daily shipments.

Mage Tower (Large)
The Mage Tower's arcane researchers search across Draenor for new useful magic for the Garrison.
GarrBuilding #37 - Provides access to new mission bonuses and research missions.
GarrBuilding #38 - Provides access to more new mission bonuses.
GarrBuilding #39 - Unlocks Specializations.

Menagerie
The Menagerie provides new opportunities to develop and enhance your pet retinue.
GarrBuilding #42 -Provides new pet options and unlocks pet missions

Mine (Mine)
The Mine was once abandoned, but there are still underground riches ready to be discovered.
GarrBuilding #61 - Creates a shipment of ore once per day and Mining Nodes are available inside.
GarrBuilding #62 - A new mineshaft allows access to additional mining nodes, and the Mine can now store a maximum of two daily ore shipments.
GarrBuilding #63 - A final mineshaft allows access to rich mining nodes, and ore storage capacity expands to a maximum of four daily ore shipments.

Salvage Yard (Small)
The Salvage Yard turns other people's trash into your treasure.
GarrBuilding #52 - Transmutes Salvage into Material, and enables new Salvage missions.
GarrBuilding #140 - Enables transmutation of Material to Gold.
GarrBuilding #141 - Unlocks Specializations.

Scribe's Quarters (Small)
The Scribe's Office produces all manners of magical inks, pigments, and paper, and can also create Glyphs and other magical items.
GarrBuilding #95 - Generates a batch of Inscription reagents daily, and allows production of Glyphs and other inscribed items. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #129 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Inscription reagents.
GarrBuilding #130 - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

Sparring Arena (Medium)
GarrBuilding #159 - Sparring Arena
GarrBuilding #160 - Sparring Arena
GarrBuilding #161 - Sparring Arena

Stables (Large)
The Stables provide for the care of mounts and pack animals, which are used to help travel across Draenor.
GarrBuilding #65 - Reduces mission travel time by 25% and grants access to new exploration missions.
GarrBuilding #66 - Increase player mounted speed in Draenor and provides access to Pack Animal Mission bonus.
GarrBuilding #67 - Unlocks Specializations.

Storehouse (Small)
The Storehouse has room to keep your and the garrison's items safe and secure.
GarrBuilding #51 - Enables new Logistics missions, and increases the storage of daily batches or shipments on every other Garrison building by 1.
GarrBuilding #142 - Enables access to your personal bank, and increases the storage of daily batches or shipments on every other Garrison building by 2.
GarrBuilding #143 - Unlocks Specializations, and increases the storage of daily batches or shipments on every other Garrison building by 3.

Tailoring Emporium (Small)
GarrBuilding #94 - Generates a batch of Tailoring components daily, and allows production of tailored items. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #127 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Tailoring components.
GarrBuilding #128 -Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

The Forge (Small)
The Forge produces both basic components for use by Blacksmiths, as well as armor and weapons ready for battle.
GarrBuilding #60 - Generates a batch of Blacksmithing components daily, and allows production of forged items. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #117 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Blacksmithing components.
GarrBuilding #118 - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

The Tannery (Small)
GarrBuilding #90 - Generates a batch of Leatherworking components daily, and allows production of leatherworked items. The building can store at most one batch at a time, and new batches are only produced if free storage space is available.
GarrBuilding #121 - Now stores up to two daily batches worth of Leatherworking components.
GarrBuilding #122 - Unlocks Specializations, and ingredient capacity increases to a maximum of four daily batches.

Trading Post (Medium)
The Trading Post is the Garrison's center of commerce with the natives of Draenor.
GarrBuilding #111 - Opens a new trading route and grants access to new trading missions.
GarrBuilding #144 - Opens an additional trade route.
GarrBuilding #145 - Unlocks Specializations.

Workshop (Large)
GarrBuilding #162 - Workshop
GarrBuilding #163 - Workshop
GarrBuilding #164 - Workshop

Building Specializations
GarrSpecialization #11 - Blackrock Mining Cart - Grants a chance to discover Blackrock Mining Carts full of extra ore.
GarrSpecialization #12 - Orchard - Plant an orchard in your garrison that will produce rare fruit.
GarrSpecialization #13 - Exquisite Skinning Knife - Increases the hourly skin gathering rate by 10%.
GarrSpecialization #2 - Show Posts - Enables you to stable five more mounts at the stable for public display.
GarrSpecialization #22 - Gemfinding - Mining nodes in your garrison mine have a chance to produce rare gems.
GarrSpecialization #23 - Mass Teleport - Removes travel time for the first misison every day that requres 5 followers.
GarrSpecialization #24 - City Travel - Provides access to portals that grant transport to cities other than Orgrimmar and Stormwind.
GarrSpecialization #25 - Mechanical Picker - Automates harvesting of herbs from the garden.
GarrSpecialization #3 - Mount Trader - A rare mount trader has taken up shop at your garrison stables building.
GarrSpecialization #7 - Recall Portal - Allows you to abort a current mission and immediately bring followers back.
GarrSpecialization #8 - Headhunter - Recruit a random follower with a specific Trait, Ability or Role for 10 Material.
GarrSpecialization #9 - Blackrock Chef - Enables access to garrison cooking dailies.

Some of this Followers info may be jokes... but meh.

Followers
Many of these may be test followers.
GarrFollower #15 - Orc Male - Draenei Male - Abilities: Mountain Goat
GarrFollower #16 - Goblin Female - Human Male - Abilities: Dragonbane, Leap of Faith
GarrFollower #18 - Blood Elf Female - Gnome Female - Abilities: Dragonbane, Leap of Faith, Health Grenade
GarrFollower #19 - Troll Male - Pandaren Male - Abilities: Orcbane, Explosions!, Human Shield
GarrFollower #20 - NPC 66430 - Great Chef Woo - Abilities: Orcbane, Mountain Goat, Yeti
GarrFollower #21 - NPC 78007 - Hansel Heavyhands - Abilities: Orcbane, Explosions!, Human Shield, Mountain Goat, Yeti, Dragonbane, Leap of Faith, Health Grenade
GarrFollower #6 - NPC 8664 - Highlord Bolvar Fordragon - Abilities: Orcbane, Human Shield
GarrFollower #7 - NPC 45675 - Rytama - Abilities: Explosions!, Mountain Goat, Dragonbane
GarrFollower #8 - NPC 13155 - Genn Greymane - Abilities: Yeti, Leap of Faith, Health Grenade

Follower Abilities
Many of these may be test abilities.
GarrAbility #10 - Leap of Faith - Move faster than the holy ghost.
GarrAbility #11 - Health Grenade - Bombs party with bandages.
GarrAbility #4 - Orcbane - Irks orcs named Bane.
GarrAbility #5 - Explosions! - Shrapnel everywhere!
GarrAbility #6 - Human Shield - Such blocking. Very WoW.
GarrAbility #7 - Mountain Goat - Combat bonus when fighting near precipices.
GarrAbility #8 - Yeti - Combat bonus in snow.
GarrAbility #9 - Dragonbane - Irritates dragons.
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2