Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warlords of Draenor and you

+3
erwtenpeller
Rmuffn
Baji
7 posters

Go down

Warlords of Draenor and you Empty Warlords of Draenor and you

Post by Baji Sun May 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm not entirely sure on the lore behind Warlords of Draenor yet, as to how Garrosh gets to the past and how it's going to be perceived by the general population of Azeroth and be worked into the game / world, from a roleplay perspective - so feel free to enlighten me.

I've given it some thought as to what the Dawnchasers would be doing, because I couldn't quite fathom (and still can't) just what on Azeroth is about to happen. But I think I've come to the conclusion that we'd be giving assistance to the Horde forces against Garrosh and set up a camp to lend medical aid, as Dezco Dawnchaser (to an extent) did on Pandaria.

Also thought we'd be "preparing a defense" on Azeroth against the Iron Horde, should they succeed - since like I said - I can't quite fathom the IC part of "going back in time, but still in the present" thing, as well as being on a whole other planet.

I'm quite simple like that Wink*grazes in Mulgore*

Have any other guilds given it any thought?
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Warlords of Draenor and you Empty Re: Warlords of Draenor and you

Post by Rmuffn Sun May 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Well.. This all has been discussed so many times in the WoD thread?

There's nothing unclear left, especially not about the time travel.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Sun May 25, 2014 9:43 pm

It has? I'll go find it!
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun May 25, 2014 10:21 pm

From this thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

erwtenpeller wrote:At the moment, the plan is to do exactly this with the Band of the Brave, but it depends on how the leveling experience and the story are structured. We'll be going through that portal almost immediately as Adventurers, and will puzzle together our own narrative with the Lore as our guide, and fellow role-players and other guilds as pieces to bring our own story together.

I'd also like to see the Garrison in Shadowmoon Valley an alliance-wide location, where the army (Like Wild Tempest.) is stationed, and use it as one of the main hubbs from casual (wpvp-free) role-play.

It would also be really sweet to see a community of Draenei from Draenor appear that we can interact with. I'm very keen on playing one of those.

But plans change. We can't really say what we'll do exactly until we're actually there.

There will also be an Iron Horde guild:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Sun May 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Thanks Wellsworth! THat's exactly what I want to read without going through 45 pages xD

I wasn't really keeping up to date on the other thread so I missed the vital, RP-essential parts like that! Smile
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun May 25, 2014 10:50 pm

I can tell you that Orcs of the Red blade will travel to Draenor for sure. Their guild - The Red Blade Clan - Has a long player created history that goes back before the orcs came through the dark portal. This expansion gives them a chance to interact with that past that before now, they havn't been able to do.

Must be very exciting!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadok Sun May 25, 2014 11:56 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:I can tell you that Orcs of the Red blade will travel to Draenor for sure. Their guild - The Red Blade Clan - Has a long player created history that goes back before the orcs came through the dark portal. This expansion gives them a chance to interact with that past that before now, they havn't been able to do.

Must be very exciting!

That is indeed so! The timing of Warlords of Draenor takes us back to a tumultous period in Clan Redblade (the Red Blade tribe's predecessor upon Draenor) and its history -- featuring political intrigue, poison and just a little dose of demons.

Suffice to say, we're very excited about the new expansion pack, and although we don't have any concrete plans quite yet, we've already begun discussing our inevitable 'homecoming' to the Draenor of old!

Plus all the new orc-themed questing gear is just too sweet.
Sadok
Sadok

Character sheet
Name: Sadok Sharptongue
Title: High Blade Thur'ruk

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon May 26, 2014 6:38 am

Long story short on what happens *Spoiler alert* (But who cares people should know by now)

Kairozdormu, your friend from timeless isle uses the Vision of Time to make a portal back in time onto the old planet with Garrosh.

As for worked into the world, they said the dark portal turns red bad guys jump out blah blah FIGHT! Go into portal to stop it... To be continued...

Far as timetravel and so. Remember you go "back in time" but it like makes it a alternative timeline and they from that timeline (That is 35 years back in the past) make a portal to our timeline. So for you it's happening now, current threat you can't ignore.

There are videos about this even to better explain everything or just wowpedia and things if you are not gonna read the book yourself or didn't pay attention to the quests, forum chatter and whatnot.

For as what to do when it comes, I'm not sure yet i'll see what the future brings!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone Mon May 26, 2014 7:43 am

Time travel is just wibbly wobbly timey wimey for me...
Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon May 26, 2014 7:45 am

That's good, then, because there barely is any. Just think of "Draenor" and "Outland" as two different places, and you'll never have to think "time travel" again.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon May 26, 2014 8:33 am

erwtenpeller wrote:That's good, then, because there barely is any. Just think of "Draenor" and "Outland" as two different places, and you'll never have to think "time travel" again.

In the end all is happening in the present so it doesn't really matter. Anyway just think new bastards, new place, new loot.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Baji Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Thanks for all the replies! Very Happy
Baji
Baji

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolerien Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:20 pm

This guy explains it best, I think.