Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mists of Pandaria

+69
Allonia_Miral
Thelos
Skarain
Zinkle Figgins
Hermie
Althaløs
itsy
Antistia
The Z
Grim
Muzjhath
Tuomas/Decurius
siegmund
Sanara
Paia/Jenit
erwtenpeller
Amaryl
Shanyuan
Bakar
Quin
Rae Wulfgnar
Raelan
Ralegh
Coppernut
Fyffe
Coppersocket
Cid
Jeanpierre
Anivitas
Ruby
Helmut
Rargnasha
Shaelyssa
Kristeas Sunbinder
Zouyo
Kittrina
Emrys
Mikasa
Cemdor
Dréfurion
Exigua
Dolerien
Catari
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Odgan / Keag
Eodain
Zaraj
Rmuffn
Iriel Silversong
Gilran
Seranita
Xen-tau
Raene
Manathon
Sadok
Lini
Nifty
Krogon Devilstep
Flo
Sohan
Ledgic
Littlepip
Feng-Huang
Arabella Greene
Drustai
Raenmar
Grufftoof
Vaell
Melnerag
73 posters

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

Mists of Pandaria - Page 4 Empty Re: Mists of Pandaria

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:35 pm

You find a lot of things infuriating. Smile
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Raenmar wrote:Does nobody else find it absolutely fucking infuriating that they have the nerve to announce virtual realms a week after offering realm transfers for 50%? They knew they had a solution, but instead of giving it out they kept it hidden to milk every last customer they could.

To be fair, it wasn't just transfers than were 50% off, it was all services including things like recustomization and faction changes in that. I know, I used one.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:21 pm

Thelos wrote:Garrosh [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] all but confirmed now.

Pride is, literally, the final boss of this expansion.

How very fitting.

Nope. Sha of Pride comes before Garrosh, and the datamining of Garrosh's fight seems to indicate he's in control, rather than being controlled.

Also, I love the fact that we're fighting the Klaxxi and Nazgrim.

With the Klaxxi, we have an evil rebel faction that actually turns out to be evil. We knew they were bad, and our helping them solve their problems didn't result in the cliched ending of turning them good in the process. It is good that Blizzard are maintaining their badness.

And Nazgrim, fulfilling the role of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], is apparently, for once, an actual "grey" raid boss. This is something we've been needing for a long time! He's not corrupted, not insane. He's just as honorable and loyal as he's been throughout the last two expansions, he just happens to be loyal to the guy we're fighting and is therefore our enemy. That's awesome. Now let's hope we actually kill him instead of him turning to our side at 1% health.

"Our orders stand! No matter the cost..." - General Nazgrim
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Manathon Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:47 pm

There's a boss named "Thok the Bloodthirsty".

Wowpedia gives me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This has the potential of being the best boss in the raid.
Manathon
Manathon

Character sheet
Name: Manathon Oakshadow
Title: Druid with beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:20 pm

The way I see it going down.

Beat Garrosh down to a pulp.

Phase 1 ends with Garrosh going on a long Kael'thas-esque speech about how he's awesome. Sha of Pride jumps in, gets into Garrosh, Phase 2 begins.

Beat Sha'd Garrosh. Toolate.jpg. Orgrimmar gets the Sha treatment and begins growing tentacles everywhere, Sha no longer needs Garrosh and leaves him behind on his knees rather than killing him.

Last boss, Sha of Pride fight all throughout Orgrimmar with all the adds you've beaten and bosses coming back as phases to go through as they're Sha-ified. Beat the Sha back into a corner, kill it coincidentally next to the wounded Garrosh. sadmonologue.png.

If he dies or not, is left ambiguous as NPC's take over the speech and drag him off somewhere. No word about Garrosh being dead or alive, but everyone knows he's "gone". 6.5 rolls around and a giant winged enemy with four arms and four legs comes over on the horizon. It's Illidan carrying Garrosh. Nerdgasm.gif. Save the world with their help. New Scenario for 6.6 show Arthas and Jaina hooking up again through some mystical Bronze dragonflight stuff. 6.7 shows the return of good Neltharion through Wrathions actions.

7.0 fight Azshara, Night Elves regain their empire, Wow 2.0 Alliance and Horde vs the Night Elf empire.

Not sure where my idea turned into dreamland, but it's about as believable as Metzen and Knaak.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Raene wrote:The way I see it going down.

Phase 1 ends with Garrosh going on a long Kael'thas-esque speech about how he's awesome. Sha of Pride jumps in, gets into Garrosh, Phase 2 begins.

Beat Sha'd Garrosh. Toolate.jpg. Orgrimmar gets the Sha treatment and begins growing tentacles everywhere, Sha no longer needs Garrosh and leaves him behind on his knees rather than killing him.

Last boss, Sha of Pride fight all throughout Orgrimmar with all the adds you've beaten and bosses coming back as phases to go through as they're Sha-ified. Beat the Sha back into a corner, kill it coincidentally next to the wounded Garrosh. sadmonologue.png.

Sha of Pride is a separate boss.

Y'shaarj on the other hand...

Garrosh, wielding his new weapon with his True Horde and siege machines at his disposal will destroy any intruders. The True Horde join the battle more frequently as the fight progresses. This phase will continue until Garrosh reaches 30% health remaining.

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] – Warchief of the True Horde.

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] – Garrosh hurls the Desecrated Weapon at a random enemy, inflicting 97500 to 102500 Shadow damage to enemies within 15 yards and creates a Desecrated Weapon at the location.

• Desecrated Weapon – The Desecrated Weapon is seeping with Y'shaarj power, as the health of the weapon gets lower, the radius of the Desecrated ground becomes smaller.

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] – Hellscream's Warsong inspires his allies, increasing damage dealt by 25% and increasing health by 50%.

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] – Grunts stream in from the sides of the room and join the battle more frequently as the phase progresses.

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] – Inflicts 73125 to 76875 Physical damage and reduces move speed by 50% for until cancelled.

• Farseer Wolf Rider – The Farseers will join the battle less frequently than the grunts, they too join the battle more frequently as the phase progresses.

• Siege Engineer – The Siege Engineers enter from the side balcony and begin to Power the Iron Star which will become active after 15 sec if the Siege Engineer is not killed.
  • Kor'kron Iron Star – After becoming activated by the Siege Engineers the Iron Star will roll across the room, slamming into the opposite wall.

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] – Inflictsmassive damage to any players or Kor'kron that are caught in it's path, knocking them back.
    • [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] – The impact of the Iron Star causes it to explode, inflicting 1950000 to 2050000 Fire damage to nearby enemies. The damage inflicted decreases the farther away an enemy is from the explosion.

Intermission: Realm of Y'shaarj
Periodically the call of Y'shaarj will transport Garrosh and the players into the Realm of Y'shaarj for 1 min. Garrosh will Absorb Energy from the Heart of Y'shaarj until players have defeated all Minions of Y'shaarj inside the realm and interrupt Garrosh.

Stage Two: Corruption of Y'shaarj
After absorbing the Power of Y'shaarj, Garrosh will heal to full health as Y'shaarj bestows Garrosh with new abilities.

Stage Three: MY WORLD
At 30% health Garrosh will absorb the remaining power of Y'shaarj, gaining full energy, empowering all of his abilities.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:28 pm

Raene wrote:The way I see it going down.

If he dies or not, is left ambiguous as NPC's take over the speech and drag him off somewhere. No word about Garrosh being dead or alive, but everyone knows he's "gone". 6.5 rolls around and a giant winged enemy with four arms and four legs comes over on the horizon. It's Illidan carrying Garrosh. Nerdgasm.gif. Save the world with their help. New Scenario for 6.6 show Arthas and Jaina hooking up again through some mystical Bronze dragonflight stuff. 6.7 shows the return of good Neltharion through Wrathions actions.

7.0 fight Azshara, Night Elves regain their empire, Wow 2.0 Alliance and Horde vs the Night Elf empire.

Not sure where my idea turned into dreamland, but it's about as believable as Metzen and Knaak.

Well considering Garrosh is the last boss and sha of pride is bosses before....And from what I understand Garrosh is the one in control, not the sha.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:50 pm

Just remember....there must always be a warchief.

I cant wait to see the Strom instance.  Clearly someone in Blizz was lvling in Arathi and remembered about the place.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Lexgrad wrote:Just remember....there must always be a warchief.

Haaah. Someone gets it.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Lordaeron! Yeah!
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:20 pm

Drustai wrote:
Thelos wrote:Garrosh [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] all but confirmed now.

Pride is, literally, the final boss of this expansion.

How very fitting.

Nope. Sha of Pride comes before Garrosh, and the datamining of Garrosh's fight seems to indicate he's in control, rather than being controlled.

Fine, hijacked by Y'shaarj then.

I don't really believe in 'being in control' of Pure Evil(tm), You've already lost it once you start using it.

All I'm saying is that I, as well as some other people, would have liked to see a Garrosh that is completely clean and without any weird eyeballs. I guess in some way it was inevitable, since we need our bosses to look spooky and, well, evil, but still. No matter how unambigious Blizzard is going to tell us that it is Garrosh is in control, as long as he has Old God-esque eyeballs coming out the yahoo, there's going to be people (including myself) believing the opposite.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:52 am

To be fair, it wasn't just transfers than were 50% off, it was all services including things like recustomization and faction changes in that. I know, I used one.

I know, but it just happened to be a week before they announced virtual realms. It wasn't just a nice gesture that they coincidentally gave a week before announcing a solution that makes transfers pointless.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet
Name: Raenmar Alric
Title: Commander, Druid of the Wild

http://gilneas.guildlaunch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 am

Still finding all those implementations of crappy and buggy stuff to be a disgrace for the company, when they should listen to their customers and just MERGE THE FRIGGIN' REALMS!

But nope, try to squish out every last penny out of the suckers before doing such a thing.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:35 am

Or, you know, they announced loads of stuff to roll along with the hype of everything going on at E3. And also to let everyone squirm and squee and argue over which of all the things is "THE BIG-SMALL NON-ANNOUNCEMENT THING (tm) IN 5.4" (My guess, with the info in, is this was definitely the merged-style-realms)

The "everything 50% off" was a blanket fee to all services.  That it's announced, then this announced... someone will always complain that the thing they just paid for at X amount is now Y amount.  Regardless of when the price change happens.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:48 am

5.4 won't be around for 3ish months.

Discount was offered now.

It seems pretty legit to me.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:54 am

The "everything 50% off" was a blanket fee to all services.  That it's announced, then this announced... someone will always complain that the thing they just paid for at X amount is now Y amount.  Regardless of when the price change happens.

It was probably a blanket fee so people could use that argument to make it sound coincidental.

They knew that virtual realms would come into play soon, but they chose to announce it after 50% off all services. If they just wanted to save the virtual realms stuff to go with E3, then they could have made the services half price after. They knew exactly what they were doing, and chances are they did it for the sole reason of making whatever money they could from transfers before making them obsolete.

5.4 won't be around for 3ish months.

Discount was offered now.

Before virtual realms was announced.

How many people do you think would have bought a discounted transfer after the announcement?
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:04 am

The tech and programming for virtual realms has probably been in development for months (if not longer) and the patch is still (as Meln says) 3+ months away in likelihood.

They offered a discount recently (it ended this week).

These two things are actually positives.  They didn't have to offer any discount (it's been quite some time since they did) and they're working to making low pop realms better.

I don't really get the anguish and irritation with the thought that "one aspect of the discount offered this week may be worth less (or even worthless) in an unknown number of weeks or months".
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Raenmar Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:12 am

They offered the discount to give the impression that there wouldn't be a solution any time soon. A lot of people that otherwise wouldn't have transferred saw the discount and thought 'oh, fuck, it's my best chance to get off this dead server and I'll never have another chance so I guess I should take it now'.

So they got every last customer they could to pay for a transfer, and 2 days later they told them that this technology that'd solve the problem permanently was 3 months away.

There was absolutely no point in people transferring, because in a few months the problem will be solved for free. Most people would have saved their money if they knew that, which is why Blizzard didn't tell them.
Raenmar
Raenmar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:17 am

Oh my god Raenmar give it a rest already. You're bumming me out.

Let's talk more about creepy shoulder-eyes Garrosh!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:57 am

Basicly with Raenmar is saying is that Blizzard is good at doing business and made a clever business manoeuvre. What else is new? They're not here to entertain you or to make art. They're here to take your money by any means necessary.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:14 am

So this happens. Buzz on SoL is that the Golden Lotus faction's going down the drain along with the zone.

Part of me wants to start playing again just to see what its like before these changes hit live, but meh.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:29 am

Meanwhile, Paozi Wulong has a heart attack.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:34 am

GL "Protectors" are a boss, apparently.  Corrupted I assume.

This shafting, desolation and horror... brilliant.  War should be terrible.  Garrosh is the embodiment of power hungry war.  And, of course, pride.
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:36 am

This whole: "In control of sha/being controlled by the sha" reminds me of a certain [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]...It could very well be me though. Especially now that I thought the Vale had been blighted..
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:43 am

Flo wrote:

So this happens. Buzz on SoL is that the Golden Lotus faction's going down the drain along with the zone.

Part of me wants to start playing again just to see what its like before these changes hit live, but meh.

HOLY BALLS.

Just...

CHRIST.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content