Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Lore and Stories of the Chapter of Holy Anethion

Go down

Old Lore and Stories of the Chapter of Holy Anethion Empty Old Lore and Stories of the Chapter of Holy Anethion

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:53 am

I found my old laptop while cleaning up. Miraculously HD was not wiped.

Old Scripture (2010)
Recitations of Holy Anethion

1- The Light is everything that is Pure, Good, Righteous and Just in the universe; the Light is greater and more splendorous than we can possible imagine and the words of our language cannot possibly describe it in all its glory and magnificence.
2- The Light is distant, but it is also close, the Light penetrates the whole universe and fills it with its Divinity; the Light is omniscient and omnipresent, it compels us to live a life of virtue and do Light’s work.
3- People live to survive, a pale and stale existence, only to die in the end –the Light teaches us how to fill our lives with Its Divine Purpose, fill them with its splendor and radiance and enables us to obtain immortality and purity of soul.
4- The Light has delivered us from the Horde and the Legion, the Light has guided us in our darkest hour, the Light fills our lives with Divine Purpose and in exchange it asks only for our Faith.
5- Our faith in the Light is submission to the Light’s sublime wisdom, acceptance of the Lights omnipotent power, knowledge that the Lights ultimate goals are Good and Righteous.
6- Through Faith in the Light we shall overcome any fear and resist any temptation, endure any hardship and defeat any challenge and by following in the Light’s footsteps we shall obtain joy and glory in the here-after. Have faith in the Light, and It will fill our lives with meaning and Divine Purpose!
7- The Light is sword and shield in our hands, the plate on our chest, the girdle about our waist and the cloak on our shoulders – but we are the Warrior.
8- Evil is everything that is malign, wicked, unjust and corrupt in the universe; Evil seeks to ruin our lives so that we may lose Faith in the Light, and then it shall seek to twist our souls and doom them to ever-lasting damnation!
9- Doubt is the Right arm of Evil, have Faith in the Light, and darkness shall never touch our souls. Have faith in the Light, and all earthly hardship and evil will be contemptible.
10- Our Sacred Duty is to live a life of virtue and fight evil, filling our lives with Divine Purpose, consecrating our deeds and dedicated even the puniest work to the Light contributes towards the Greater Good, Light sees all and rewards all faithful!
11- The Light is wise and sublime, and teaches all Light-following races the unique way of worship. Humanity is a Light-chosen race in its own right and our ways are our own. The Light is present in every Man’s heart, and to deny the call of Good is to walk the lonely path of wickedness!
12- The Light has promised its chosen children an existence of peace and prosperity, glory and joy - an Empire of Virtue, and will render it all to us when our Sacred Duty is fulfilled.
13- He who raises an arm against Mankind shall be pushed back by force of arms and strength of faith; he who seeks to bring ruin upon Humanity shall find only his own end and will be obliterated without mercy and afterthought!
14- Only those of the Light’s Chosen races can be redeemed by our efforts, others are destined to drudge a Lightless Existence until the day comes and the Light chooses them as well.
15- Souls of the Pious shall be embraced by the Light, and rejoin their friends and family in the here-after; Souls of the faithless shall be cast into oblivion and forever forgotten; souls of the wicked shall descend into the Nether and know ever-lasting damnation and torment, feeding on their own filth!

Recitations of Bernard

1- Strongest Faith has been tried and contested; we shall never walk away from challenges of faith and instead meet them head-on, to emerge purer and stronger from the fray.
2- Those who lived a wicked life in defiance of the Light and then repented, showing remorse for their countless sins and putting unbreakable faith in the Light are especially loved – their souls often purer than of those who knew no evil.
3- Doubt is the Light’s enemy, doubt denies us the splendor and rewards of Faith; know that to seek challenge of faith and to be in doubt is not the same. First is to walk into battle, prepared and well-equipped, second is to dismantle the walls of your own castle.
4- Strikes of the hammer purge iron of impurities, so shall the surges of pain purify the Soul.
5- The harder Light’s Work weights upon our shoulders, the greater the rivers of sweat that flow down our back and our face, the mightier torrents of tears from our eyes and higher the fountains of blood from our wounds – the more righteous and pleasing are our deeds.
6- Through pain we shall go to purify our soul, through hardship we shall go to strengthen our Faith, we shall do what must be done without doubt to affirm our devotion.
7- To die doing the Light’s Work is the greatest sacrifice; those who perish in the name of the Sacred Duty are embraced by the Light and watch over the faithful of Azeroth from above.
8- There are no impossible feats, only insufficient faith.
9- The Faithful are never defeated – only the faithless are!
10- The harder the work, the greater the sacrifice – more splendorous the reward.
11- We do what we do not for our own glory, but for that of the Light!
12- A grain of sand leaves an invisible trace upon the face of the rock, million grains of sand and thousands of years reduce the rock to nothing. So shall every good deed count towards the Greater Good.

13- One man of faith can overcome any challenge and vanquish countless wicked, a thousand faithful shall march over the world in a relentless onslaught of Good – a bane to the heretic and the wicked!
14- Pain purifies the soul; the greater is the deathly pain of the heretic and the faithless, the greater are the chances that the Light will be merciful and embrace him in spite of his many sins.
15- Second to a faithful life, loyal and devout, is a martyr’s death – he who dies in hellish pains in the name of the Faith shall become a lighthouse of hope and inspiration for the faithful, his legacy forever radiant.
Recitations of Waldemar

1- Light is present in the heart of every man, and to each one it whispers, compelling him to do Good; to deny this call of Good, is to prefer a path of wickedness.
2- Our world is full of men whose faith is questionable at best, they fall for the smallest temptations and lose faith at sight of puniest challenge – they are the secret passages the evil uses to pass behind the bulwark of Faith erected by our protectors.
3- Unbreakable Faith is a blessing not all are meant to receive; those deprived of it must keep true to the Holy Path by means of discipline and loyalty!
4- Disciple and Loyalty of the people can only be ensured if the institutions of Faith and its ministers are unquestioned and undoubted; to undermine the authority of the Church is to deprive the men of their chance for redemption and good life!
5- Mankind is a Light’s chosen race, whoever raises an arm against us, raises an arm against the Light and shall face Light’s wrath!
6- We are the agents of Light’s power and splendor, but also of Light’s wrath and justice!
7- A single agent of evil in our midst has the potential to compromise everything we have accomplished, a single sin can bring about despicable suffering, a single moment of doubt can allow darkness to crawl into our world – we must fight them all wherever we find them, and whenever we suspect them!
8- In line of our Sacred Duty we are bound to bring harm upon ‘innocents’, we work for the Greater Good of humanity and let us make sure that their ultimate sacrifice was not in vain! Remember that a death for the Holy Cause is pleasing to the Light.
9- Let the wicked and the heretic taste the fruits of their own labor, deliver upon them the discord, the doubt, the pain and the ruin they sought to bring upon us!
10- To witness evil of any magnitude and remain passive, is to share in its wickedness and become an accomplice of the malefic powers which seek to bring ruin upon humanity – let not a single one escape our righteous wrath!
11- Those of questionable faith and feeble mind will always question our methods and condemn them, let it be known that only the wicked should fear us and our ways.
12- Those who question the righteousness of our work do not know the price of safety and of freedom, for the price of it is paid in blood and sweat. Only when we are no longer there to protect them, will they realize the true horror we shield them against!
13- Despicable evil may grow from a tiny seed of corruption; it is our duty never to overlook presuming that it may do no harm.
14- Redemption is a gift only the few receive, live knowing that Light is almighty and shall redeem those who can be redeemed and embrace them to the here-after, all we have to do is to speed the date of their trial!
15- Victory against evil is only possible when all its agents have been utterly vanquished, their foul legacy confined to oblivion and their souls cast into the Nether to the last one!
Recitation of Heavenly Virtues

1- I shall be honest with my deeds and my words, honest towards others and towards the Light.

2- I shall not bring harm upon the Light’s creatures, with word or deed.

3- I shall thank the Light for what it has given me, and never seek to take that which is not given.

4- I shall accept the Light’s Creatures in the way they were created, and love them the way they are.

5- I shall show respect to those around me, for to offend the Light’s creature is to offend the Light.

6- I shall keep strong faith; submit to the Light’s sublime Wisdom, accept the Light’s Greatness and realize its Power.

7- Even the smallest contribution towards the Greater Good is important, even the smallest one is recognized by the Light.

8- I shall not lose hope or succumb to fear or temptation; faith in the Light will enable me to overcome any challenges.

9- I will be charitable towards those less fortunate than me.

10- I will do your very best to help those who need my aid, with word or deed.

Recitation of Earthly Virtues

1- By living a life of Virtue, I shall inspire others to do the same.

2- By condemning and speaking against the un-virtue, I shall remind others of their wickedness.

3- By being charitable, helpful and kind I will fight the evil of famine and poverty.

4- By being a reliable friend, I will fight the evil of isolation and despair.

5- By being a good parent, I will fight the evil of Ignorance and nurture Unbreakable Faith in my children.

6- With Unbreakable Faith, I will prevent the evil from claiming my soul.

7- With Unbreakable Devotion, I will eradicate the traces of darkness.

8- With Crystalline Virtue, I will cast away all Evil.

9- With an Iron Will, I will make the wicked see the Light.

10- With Sword, Fire and Faith, I will combat the Agents of Evil wherever I find them.

Litanies

Litanies against Doubt

My faith is my shield,
My faith is the dam which protects the righteous,
A tiny hole can break the dam,
I shall not doubt.

I am fleeing from a terrible fiend,
It is on my heels, I feel its breath on my back,
Shall I doubt the fact of my flight,
Turn around, hesitate and be torn asunder?

I’ve locked away the bloodthirsty fiend,
Locked it with seven locks,
It throws itself against the door, nearly breaking it,
Shall I open one of the locks?

Litanies against fear

I stand before my foe,
Clad in mighty armor and armed with sharp steel I stand,
He can do me no harm, for he has no weapon which can break me,
Save for one, fear, which can penetrate even the mightiest armor.

I shall observe the Fear and admit its existence,
I shall let the fear pass through me and around me,
I watch the fear come and go, like tide on the beach,
When the fear passes, only I will remain.

There is nothing to fear but the fear itself,
Death and torment earn me Light’s Pity,
My shortcomings will be washed away by the Light,
But a coward’s flight, not even the Light will forgive.

Litanies to strengthen the Faith

Light is sublime and almighty,
Light is all around me and within me,
Faith in the light enables me to overcome,
The stronger my Faith, the greater my power!

There is no lust and temptation, only the call of Good,
There is no doubt, only the Faith in the Light,
Through Faith I will answer Light’s call,
And cast away the shadows around me!

Recitations of Richard

1 – Faith alone can overcome all of the Light’s enemies; the terrible tools and weapons of the Chapter simply serve to make our work faster and more efficient, and with the amount of evil to purge we need all the speed we can get!
2 – It is the Faith, blind and unquestionable, which grants us Light’s powers; moments of charity, noble deeds, virtuous thoughts are but a battlefield on which our Faith is strengthened and proven.
3- Faith is discipline of mind, through willpower and determination does one vanquish all doubt, question and reason from his thoughts until only blind and pure devotion remains.
4- A weakling does not raise his sword against the wicked because he has no faith in his success; a hesitant one doesn’t charge into battle because he has no faith that the Light will grant him victory; a coward fears death because he has no faith in Light’s mercy and rewards in the here-after.
5- Those who do not know the true price of life question our right to exterminate all agents of evil without mercy; those who had to pay the price question our right to grant them mercy and a second chance.
6- Stand where you are and fight for a noble cause, for a magnificent and heroic death strengthens our world whereas a coward’s flight lets evil pass.
7- With your sword at the heretic’s throat you choose to spare him, why? Do you not believe in the truthfulness of Light’s judgment and the verdict It shall pass; know that the Light will recognize its own and never hand out a punishment which is undeserved.
8-A single man sings falsely; yet a choir fills the air with angelic sounds and weaves the tethers of unison to join all men as one. Only when we are of a single mind and single purpose will our flaws be truly undone.
9-Life is a war against evil; from this war there is no escape and no refuge, and he who refuses to fight it is a deserter.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Old Lore and Stories of the Chapter of Holy Anethion Empty Re: Old Lore and Stories of the Chapter of Holy Anethion

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 am

Old Scripture (Unpublished Beta-version of the original, 2009)

The Book of Anethion

of Pure Light

The Light is everything that is Pure, Good, Righteous and Just in the Universe; the Light is sublime

The Light is greater than anything you could possibly imagine, bigger and more splendorous than your wildest dream. The Light is so marvelous that we have no words to describe it in its full Glory.

The Light is distant, but it is also close; the Light fills the Universe with Love and Joy, the Light compels you to live a life of virtue, charity and fraternity.

The Light is omniscient, and knows of all your deeds and thoughts; it is no good to do good deeds with evil intent, for the Light shall distinguish. It is no good to speak words without thoughts, for the Light shall see through it.

People live their lives to survive, a pale and stale existence, only to die In the end; the Light enables us to fill our lives with Divine Purpose.

The Light has delivered us from the Horde and the Legion, the Light has guided us in our darkest hour, the Light fills our lives with purpose and in exchange it asks only Faith.

of Pure Faith

Show submission to the Light’s Sublime Wisdom, accept the Light’s greatness and see that its goals are Good.

Your faith is submission to the Light’s Sublime Wisdom, acceptance of the Lights Greatness, knowledge of the Light’s power to save your soul and enable you to overcome any challenges.

The Light is the sword and the shield in our hands, the plate on our chest, the girdle around our waist, the cloak on our shoulders – but we are the warriors.

Through faith in the Light you will overcome any fear, endure any hardship, resist any temptation and through Light’s Wisdom you shall attain a good Life here or in the here-after.

Have faith in the Light, and it will fill your life with purpose, bring love and joy to your days. You will be a changed man, serene and pure.

Live a life of faith and virtue, and the Light shall embrace you in the here-after; you shall watch over Azeroth from the Heaven’s above, a guide and a hero to all the faithful.

of Pure Virtue

You shall be honest with your deeds and your words, honest towards others and towards the Light.

You shall not bring harm to the Light’s creatures, with word or deed.

You shall thank the Light for what it has given you, and never seek to take that which is not given.

You shall accept the Light’s Creatures in the way they were created, and love them the way they are.

You shall show respect to those around you, for to offend the Light’s creature is to offend the Light.

You shall keep strong faith; submit to the Light’s sublime Wisdom, accept the Light’s Greatness and realize its Power.

Even the smallest contribution towards the Greater Good is important, even the smallest one is recognized by the Light.

You shall not lose hope or succumb to fear or temptation; faith in the light will enable you to overcome any challenges.

You will be charitable with those less fortunate than you.

You will do your very best to help those who need your aid.

You will love others as your family.

The Scared Duty

The Light asks of us to live a life of virtue and fight evil – this is our Sacred Duty.

The Evil is everything that is Malign, Impure, Unjust and Wrong in the Universe.

The Evil seeks to tempt those of weak faith and drive their souls towards the ever-lasting Damnation; the Evil seeks to ruin our lives, so that we may lose faith in the Light; the Evil seeks to destroy those whose faith is Strong to clear its way.

Doubt is the right arm of Damnation; doubt shall destroy your faith and doom your soul to walk in the darkness. Have Faith in the Light!

By living a life of Virtue, you shall inspire others to do the same.

By condoning and speaking against the un-virtue, you shall remind others of their wickedness.

By being charitable, helpful and kind you will fight the evil of famine and poverty.

By being a reliable friend, you will fight the evil of isolation and despair.

By being a good parent, you will fight the evil of Ignorance and nurture faith in your children.

With Unbreakable Faith, you will prevent the evil from claiming your soul.

With Unbreakable Devotion, you will eradicate the traces of darkness.

With Crystalline Virtue, you will cast away all Evil.

With an Iron Will, you will make the wicked see the Light.

With Sword and Fire, you will fight the Agents of Evil wherever you find them.

The path of the Chosen

The Light’s wisdom is sublime; the Light has taught every light-worshipping race its own way of Worship.

The Men are the Light’s Chosen; the Light has guided us in our darkest hour, delivered us from the Horde and the Legion, the Light favors and protects us as a loving father and in exchange expects us to do its Sacred Duty.

The Light has promised its Chosen Children a life of peace, prosperity, love and joy and will render it to us once our Sacred Duty has been fulfilled.

Souls of the pious men shall be embraced by the Light and re-join their friends and family in the here-after, and from the heaven above they shall watch over the Faithful down below.

Souls of the faithless men shall be repelled by the Light and spat back out of the void, Oblivion shall take them and their existence will seize.

Souls of the heretics shall be consumed by the void and tormented by demons for all eternity, confined to suffering and darkness, feeding on their own filth.

He who raises an arm against mankind shall be fought back and defeated without mercy.

He who seeks to ruin the mankind shall be destroyed as a foul agent of evil.

Victory against evil is only possible when enemies of mankind have been vanquished and forgotten, their foul heritage confined to Oblivion and their souls cast into the Void to the last one!

Only those of the Light-chosen races can be redeemed by our efforts; souls of the others are doomed to the void and oblivion until the Light shall choose them to.

The Book of Bernard

The Book of Waldemar

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Old Lore and Stories of the Chapter of Holy Anethion Empty Re: Old Lore and Stories of the Chapter of Holy Anethion

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 am

Chapter Reborn, announcement of 2nd period (2009)

Praised be the Holy Light, the Illuminator of the world, and praised be Holy Anethion, Light’s Humble envoy, the Illuminator of men!

That time has come my brothers and sisters in faith, who walk graciously under the benevolent guidance of Holy Anethion, may His name be forever exalted! The time has come to make a daring, yet necessary, move – to enter Stormwind City in force once more. The destiny of mankind hangs in the balance, swinging between triumph and humiliation, and it is every Anethionean’s duty to fight for our Light-blessed race until death releases you!

My brother’s in Stormwind, the Holy Anethion is speaking to you, you must prepare the ground for Chapter’s entry into Stormwind. I’ve sent the Inquisition under Baron Dragomir to clear the path before, yet the Light has chosen to take him into its fold; you must finish what he was not allowed to. Follow my direct instructions, loyal followers of Anethion, and bring Light’s glory to illuminate all evil and make the harlot of the world, Stormwind, the true City of Light!

At first you shall seek to renew ties to the guarding regiments of Stormwind, and forge new ties within this target-group as well. Consider things like assisting them in the organization and execution of patrols in and outside Stormwind, as well as information-sharing when it comes to cultists. It is paramount for our cause to forge strong bonds with the Stormwind Rangers, Lightbearers, Blazing Shields and Stormwind Operations. Value discipline and order, and set an example for them to follow.

Second you shall seek to narrow the gap which exists between the Chapter and the Disciples of Light and the Scarlet Crusade, at this point it is not essential to ensure their unequivocal support of our righteous cause, it is however crucial to open their eyes to our strength as a force of good, so that they not mistaken us for zealous Scarlets and attempt to thwart our plans.

Third you must take contact with the Ambassador of Ironforge to Stormwind and set up a meeting with him for 6th of January at 20:00. Invite him to come, with trusted escorts if he so wishes, to Northshire abbey to meet with my agent. The dwarves are proud, you must win his trust for the Chapter and assure him that this meeting must be kept a secret, do not hesitate to offer gifts of goodwill and words of reassurance if it is what it takes to sway him. Most importantly, you can say without fear of falling to lies that the deal I have to offer will greatly benefit the Dwarves.

At last, while you are busy with other tasks, you must seek out men and women fitting to join the ranks of the Chapter. This time not only the ranks of the Inquisition. I give you my official permission to recruit Whitecloaks from amongst the Stormwind citizens who will then be placed under the command of the Protector I will personally handpick for the job and dispatch to Stormwind within the coming three weeks.

I trust fully in your abilities to handle the tasks I’ve set within the granted time-frame of three weeks. I am sending my close associate, Staven, to assist you with the task of preaching and diplomacy, as he is well-versed in these matters and with the departure of Count Lokik would be of great assistance to the cause of Anethion.

May the Light guide you, as it has guided Anethion,
His Holiness Abbot Waldemar.

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:59 am

2nd Period recruitment (2009)

“Stop this madness at once!” the Argent knight yelled as he rushed forwards, slowed down by the knee-deep snow of the tournament ground outskirts to break up the fight between an orc, wearing heavy plate armors adorned by furs and leather for insulation and ornament and a human, in white robes over his knightly armor. Before he could get close enough to the fighting couple, though, the human knight blocked the incoming overhead blow of the Orc’s axe, charged him with his spiked shoulder and with his adversary off-balance drew a shorts word from his belt and thrust it in-between the shoulder plate joints. In close quarters orc’s huge axe was simply not up for the challenge.

“What have you done, how are we going to explain this, we are supposed to be fighting together against the Lich King!” the peacekeeper cried out in frustration and fright – accidents like these were much undesirable and undermined Horde’s and Alliance’s joint commitment to the offensive. “I will not yield before these beasts anymore crusader. I’ve had enough ”, the knight replied. “People like you, mired in prejudice and too arrogant to face the truth, the likes of you make the world into what we see today!”, the crusader was furious, but unwilling to draw the blade against his fellow human. “Was it I who has assaulted alliance troops on the beachheads of Northrend, betrayed them at Wrathgate, attacked them in the back at the broken front and throughout Icecrown? I’ve had enough of your greater evil, Crusader, I will not see human lives and interests away in the name of this folly! The Horde has cost us more lives and resources than combined armies of the Lich King and the Old God alike. It is better to exterminate the lesser evil and then press down the greater one, not having to be afraid of a dagger in your back” , the Knight made his point, spitting out rhetoric as if in a stage.

“We are together on this world, ‘brother’”, the peacekeeper defended the Argent case, “we must learn to live and work together. We cannot just exterminate those who think and act differently”. The knight grinned and exhaled splittingly in frustration. YOU and your ridiculous Crusade can’t. I can. In your hunger for vengeance against the Lich King you’ve sold your heritage, you’ve bargained with human lives and the Light itself! I will stand for this no longer, I will make mankind the envy of the world and destroy all who stand in our way. Our enemies are Light’s enemies!” “Who has taught you that evil nonsense!?” asked the peacekeeper in surprise, this was not how a human Knight ought to behave. “The Chapter of Holy Anethion, those who will stand up for humanity and fight for our benefit and our safety, not throw it away”

Enter – the Chapter of Holy Anethion

The Chapter of Holy Anethion is an alliance role-playing guild, at first we were the zealous inquisition hunting down heretics and cultist, now our concept has expanded. Our concept is built around two things: our interpretation of the Holy Light and commitment to protecting human culture and defending human interests. You do not have to be both, even one of the two should do, in fact, it is possible to join even if your character believes in neither. We are generally speaking a Human-only guild, but our restrictions are purely IC and it is possible (although hard and unlikely) for other races to join.

Should I read on?

Our concept is very broad, so almost any character can fit in. ask yourself these questions, and if answer to at least one of them is ‘yes’, then you should join!

-Are you tired of being a pacifist, and want to kill things that get in your way?
-Are you tired of trying to be stereotype goodie-two-shoes, and want to play a deeper, gray character, with or without a desire to be good?
-Do you feel that while other races are unique, humans are just cosmopolitan and spineless? (Except Varian!)
-Do you prefer dark concept of war, hard moral choices, grim reality, to a fairytale of knights and princesses?
-Do you think that the Inquisition and fanatics are rather cool?
-Do you want to be on the ‘good side’ without being a complete goody? (For instance a soldier who loves pillage & plunder, or a warmonger!)
-Do you like to be in a guild with rich player-made lore?
-Do you want to join up on a bold attempt to create a large role-playing community? (since the Chapter will organize quite some public events!)
-Do you like hats?

Shades of Gray

The Chapter is no ordinary goody knight guild; our concept is quite dark. The Chapter is not interested in philosophical Good or Evil, simply in eradication of all the enemies and adversaries of humanity (who are evil by our definition!), we are pragmatic and merciless to our enemies, who are also Light’s enemies, and have no rights or feelings whatsoever and warrant no pity or mercy. If it was up to us, the Orcs would’ve all been slaughtered in the internment camps long ago. Although we will always attempt to disguise our grizzly ways with righteousness and propaganda and clothe in a cloak of justice, we will seldom do ‘the right thing’. Weal of humanity is the only thing that matters. We are warmongers, horde-haters and mistrustful of other alliance races to a degree, helping our allies is not a question of Duty, but of mutual benefit.

Champions of Human Interest

Light and fanaticism is one half of our concept, mostly reserved to the Inquisition part of the guild, the other half is the desire to make humanity the envy of the world and protect it against all threats. We will promote human culture, human values, speak against cosmopolitanism in Stormwind and cross-racial weddings, but also fall down harshly on criminals. It is Chapter’s cause to champion the case and interest of Humanity (and especially Stormwind) throughout the lands, and unite all men under King Varian.

The Ranking system

Some guilds use ranks in the form of a ladder, others assign different duties to every rank, our ranks are based on strong Concepts. It has been our meaning to make every rank awesome in its own right and significant to the over-all concept. Whenever we get a lot of people, some people might be promoted to rank-leaders of officers, or simply senior members of the rank – despite the conceptualization there is enough room to ‘grow’

You can read more on some the concepts [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mages of Warlocks have the rank of its own (but can still join Whitecloaks), but we are still trying to flesh it out. Do not hesitate to join, there will be room for you!

Our In-character goals

The Chapter has a clear in-character agenda to underpin the various aspects of our role-play. It is very ambitious. We will regularly set up achievable goals, giving a ‘mission’ to the whole Chapter. Our ambitious end-goals are:

-Unification of humanity under king Varian Wrynn
-Destruction of the Horde and the Scourge
-Establishing humanity as the dominant world-power
-Spreading Anethionism to every household and every family
-educating every human in the art of war, so that he may defend his home and making him proud of his race and nation

Joining

If you want to join the guild, check out our IC-recruitment poster, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (for Light-followers)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (for patriots)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (for Witch-Hunters, but also a warning)

and send Validar, Regelius or Imanuel an in-game letter of application based on the poster. We are also recruiting in the game, so you can just bump into us when we yell our speeches.

For those who love lore

You can read more on the Chapter’s background lore [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:00 am

2nd Period recruitment candidate, unpublished (2009)

Throughout the halls of churches and cathedrals, illuminated by the rising sun of a chilly spring morning, the priests started their bitter lament.

Remember well the days of yore when wild wolves did not snatch your cattle, when sons followed in the footsteps of their fathers, when justice prevailed throughout the lands, when no father buried his son, when no mother wept for her child gone to war, when your fields were save from the plunder!

Gone is Alterac, crumbled are her walls of white stone, no longer does sound of her bells resonate throughout the mountains. Where are her knights in orange and white? Where are her nobles? Where are her folks, waiting for thaw before plowing its fields. Empty are the cattle pens, the stables stand barren, no sound comes from the smithy, no man shouts on the town square. The Light has sent its scourges against her, her downfall was loudly proclaimed, to the traitor’s death went her nobles; her men are now forever dispersed. Like wild beasts they sleep under skies, like beasts they eat wild grass, like beasts they are hunted and slain. Gone is Alterac, her anthem unsung, her crown defiled and shattered, her churches in ruins, her rites unattended, her people dispersed.

What came of Arathor, no cow can wander the highlands without being snatched by the raptor, no goat can frolic in foothills without being snatched by a lion and no man can plow his field without the hostile blade at his throat. Great Wall is in dust and disrepair, once proud border of human kind, it is now shattered and broken and wind sweeps through its gates. Where are the armies that once defeated the trolls? Where are the Kings who were once feared? No bustle comes from within the walls of Stromgarde, where are her people? Where are her fighting men? Culled and betrayed, forsaken, forgotten abandoned and slaughtered, pride of mankind now seems undone. The banners are tattered, the men are exhausted, they sit behind ancient walls and wait. Where are your glory, your might, your ferocity? The Lion lies dying and sick.

What of Gilneas, where are her ships that moored at the harbors, where are her merchants who trade at the markets? Where are her might and glory, splendor and wealth? Where is the Kingdom that was once the envy of all? Why are you hiding behind the walls, why do the gates not open for refugees who claw at your walls? Do you not hear their cries and their anguish are your ears deaf to their pain? Why do the gates never open to deliver those singing Light’s praise? Why have you turned against your brothers and sisters in faith, why have you abandoned your fellow men? What have we done to deserve your ire? Why are we abandoned by all? Have Respect and Compassion forsaken the streets of Gilneas, does life have no worth on her markets, are Light’s chants not sung in her churches? As vile dragons her people sleep on their golden hoards!

Abandoned stands Kul Tiras, no ships moor at her harbors, her fleets sleep in the watery deep, pirates harry her coasts and assail her men. Where are the shouts of the merchant, where is the ‘Aye!’ of her marines? Bones of her men lie scattered on the shores of Kalimdor, monuments of her heroes stand without flowers, her chests are empty of gold. Why are nightmarish Naga and Murlocks camped on her shores? Dead lay the leaders who have defeated the Horde!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:02 am

Failed Guild Concept april/may 2009. If it succeeded, Chapter wouldnot exist!

Faithful of the Light, good-hearted men and women,

The war goes on; conflict has become an every-day occurrence, now is the time to restore hope and bring good to the world. Our warriors fight on the front and push back the evil, but there is great work we, who have stayed at home, can still do.

Enter the order of the Poor Devout, without dogma and complex philosophy; you do not have to be knowledgeable with the Light or member of any holy order or the church, all you need to have is a desire to do good and help people the best you can.

You will be required to abandon, at least for a while, the safety and warmth of your house, your wealthy clothing and proper food and exchange it for a plain linen robes and live from donations of food and water you are offered. While feeling the suffering of poverty, loneliness and famine you will understand the pain many others people and learn to relate and enjoy the little and often subtle pleasures the Life has to offer.

In this state you shall walk the streets of Stormwind and the countryside and collect charity for the orphans, the homeless and the poor, heal the wounded with magic or herbs and bandages (First Aid training is much appreciated), remind the people of the spiritual values, offer support by word and deed to those who have lost their path or are in doubt or sorrow.

While dressed in the tattered robes of the Poor Devout you have to remember the following rules:
-being a Poor Devout is not a life-long commitment, every hour you spend as one will be for good of others, and you. You may drop the robes and return to normal life whenever you please.
-do not acquire food, water or shelter by your own means, only from charity of others directly to you.
-do not eat two days prior to taking the robes of the Poor Devout
-there is no hierarchy among the Poor Devouts, all are brothers and sisters and are equal
-never deny medical aid, advice and spiritual guidance and support to any living creature
-never use charity given for others for your own needs
-never resort to violence both verbal and physical
-never talk disrespectfully about anything, even the greatest of evil
-never walk past a fight or conflict, and always seek to end it and reconcile
-do not resort to reading, prayer or meditation, your good must come from actions and actions will be your worship.

May the good always prevail

[ooc]
This idea is open for all; there is no guild you should join. All you have to do is get some poor robes and role-play according to guidelines. You can do it on your main or on your alt, it doesn’t matter. Just walk around and have fun! You are welcome to side up with others and do it in teams, but there will be authority. All Poor Devouts are welcome to a weekly meeting which will be held in Old Town alley on Thursday 20:30 (NOT Thursday 16th of April) first meeting is on 23rd of April, but you are free to start role-playing before that.

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:04 am

Dragomir's Diary, early 2009.

Baron’s Diary – coming to Stormwind

The journey was arduous to say the least. Arathi highlands are overrun by spineless syndicate, wetlands are depressing and appalling as ever. Traversing Khaz Modan during winter without proper clothes is a fool’s errand, yet I did exactly that. Stormwind is not as imposing as Lordaeron, but it is good to finally see the city my father helped re-conquer and to restoration of which he donated.

Before I can start anything at all I need a source of income, the money I brought with me are barely enough to live for a week, but may be I should lower my standards. Kind woman I met on the street suggested I check ‘the smoking blade’, a tavern in the Dwarven district since they always look for more staff.

I went to the cathedral, to pray and think on what I am to do; me, a baron, serving drinks in a simple pub? Preposterous, but that is what has to happen if I am to succeed. In the end, it is for the greater good. My battle armor and shadow slayer gear shall remain hidden for a while, I need to make myself a name and explore the city first.

Close to midnight I finally came to ‘the Smoking Blade’, and first thing I saw was an abomination of the light, a Deathknight, leaving the tavern – I shall reckon with their kind soon enough! I approached the barwoman, and shame gripped me. I couldn’t look her in the eyes, but had the strength to ask for the owner. Owner is known as Ledgic, but was not present at the moment.

Just as I ordered a glass of port Ledgic finally came: in white shirt and dark pants, to me he looks like a stereotype scoundrel. May be I am wrong. I asked him if I can work in ‘the Smoking Blade’, he asked me for my talents and for some reason decided I should be a bouncer. He yelled for some ‘Gregor’ who soon came downstairs – Gregor is a sturdy, one eyed dwarf. Then Ledgic asked me to hit the dwarf to test my punch! Imagine, hitting a dwarf for absolutely no good reason, this got to be the weirdest job interview I’ve ever had!

I punched the dwarf right under his cheekbone, he spat on the floor and found blood in his spit. Apparently bleeding Gregor is the same as bleeding a stone, at least that is what Ledgic said and needless to say I was immediately hired. Soon a second man came, also asking for a job – he too had to hit the dwarf, and he too was hired. He is called Quin, I think.

I asked Ledgic why he didn’t inquire in my background, nor my name, I simply introduced myself as Dragomir; I shall not stain my family’s name by getting it involved here! My new boss told that names and backgrounds are irrelevant, but that should I backstab him my days shall be short lived. It was to be expected, this tavern is run by a shady type – may be I can get a few more lucrative assignments later on, as long as they don’t involve assassination.

My first day in Stormwind was successful, but humiliating, I hope I can initiate the second phase of my plan soon enough, that that forty golden per week Ledgic pays will be enough to sponsor that. I hope my ancestors forgive me for what I have done, working as a bouncer in a simple pub, such great dishonor! May the Light be on my side in this, because all I do is for the good of mankind!

Prayer to the Light – asking for guidance

I am no cleric, but company of the Argent Dawn had taught me to appreciate the Light and hardships I had to endure taught me to pray sincerely. I should write this prayer down lest I forget it!

O Holy Light, graceful and glorious, in your shine we revel
You are like a beacon in the darkest night, guiding ships in safety
You are like the wayfarer’s star, always pointing in the true direction
And I am a lost soul, wandering in shadows underneath the clouded sky
Please, shine to me once more through the gloom and despair and point the way I am to take
By my faith in the Light, let it be so.

Prayer to the Light – Sunset, Midnight and Sunrise
Men take many things for granted. I usually do not praise achievements of non-human races, but the High Elves are right in giving the Sun proper respect. Is it not the Sun which is the source of Light, Warmth and Life? The Sun gives us bread and breaks the icy shackles of winter and casts away the veil of night. It is important to repeat these prayers daily; failure to do so is the lack of respect.

At dusk:

O Light of the Sun, golden and fair,
You have touched the fields and faces of men,
You have blessed the world with your strength,
Now it is time for you to rest, so that tomorrow you may shine in your full glory again.

At midnight:

The night had reached the hour of its might,
Darkness had spread across the lands and gripped hearts of men with fear,
Evil had crawled from within the shadowy crevasses, to prey upon the innocent,
O Holy Light, guide us through this gloomy Night and protect us from the wicked,
Call back the Golden Sun, so that Dawn might at last cast aside the veil of the Night.
By my faith in the Light, let it be so.

At sunrise:

Golden Sun, we welcome you!
Rise up and cast away the gloom and darkness,
Force the shadows back into the cracks and caves,
Bring back the life-giving Light and blessed warmth.

Baron’s Diary – Shooting at the Cathedral

I thought I was supposed to work tonight, but ‘the Smoking Blade’ was closed; may be Saturdays are a free days? With nothing else to do in this City I headed towards the Cathedral of Light, not that I go there only if bored! I ventured inside and said a quick prayer, but on my way out I noticed a group of drunken Dwarves (sober dwarves are rumored not to exist) shooting a woman. She was young, but her hair was unusually gray – almost white.

At that moment I was ill-prepared to take arms and fight for Justice, which I regret, so I instead decided to carry poor girl to safety of the cathedral lest she catches more bullets or is trampled by guards. When I finally made it into the cathedral infirmary an Elven priestess had caught up with us; she said it was not wise to carry wounded away from a cleric, but understood my point when I explained it.

I was surprised to see that these creepy purple-skinned elves with their pale goddess Elune possess healing powers; moon is a faint beacon in the night, weak or absent most of the time and hides every time the Sun rises. Priestess soon closed the bullet wound – two women were apparently acquainted; wounded girl is called Winter (I assume it is her last name) and Elven priestess is called Neferi.

I asked if Miss Winter wants any food or water, or would like me to bring her to her house; she refused. So I left the infirmary and headed to the altar, where I said a short prayer asking the Light to aid Miss Winter’s recovery. On my way out of the cathedral I noticed a paladin tending to another wounded girl, I offered my aid with bringing hot water or bandages, but he kindly refused.

Soon a weak, sick man was brought into the Cathedral and I helped him to the infirmary, the doctor who accompanied him had to leave for an emergency, so I offered the man some water. Young girl came, asking him questions to determine the nature of his disease – she suspected the undead plague. Doctor finally came, inspecting the patient; I was foolish and arrogant enough to make suggestions, at least one out of three wasn’t stupid. Good Doctor (called Gahalla apparently) diagnosed a troll-fever and prescribed a rather hideous treatment I rather not put to paper.

I couldn’t help but notice that good Miss Gahalla doesn’t use Light or any other form of magical treatment, so I asked her if she is familiar with anatomy – and she was. This is like a blessing! You may wield mightiest weapon, crafted by best masters from highest quality metals; but it does not compare to a skilled strike at weak spot in the body! I immediately asked if I could study anatomy and medicine, I think she was enthusiastic. Doctor soon let go of the fact that I should also learn Trollish, since the trolls have three thousand years of anatomical expertise! Hideous, murderous heretic! This knowledge is gained through suffering of countless innocents, and I refuse to use it! I will reckon with this ‘doctor’ soon enough, I will teach her a proper lesson and show her the price of her wicked knowledge!

Outside I finally calmed down from my outburst at the doctor, and approached a young blonde woman with few questions about the city: I need to know what is going on. Once she answered the three core questions I invited her for a drink, but sadly she was waiting for somebody. Just at that time I saw Quin, who got hired by ‘the Blade’ just as me. We talked for a while about this and that, and he complained about my haircut(!?). Soon Miss Winter came (apparently the two are acquainted), so Quin had to go.

Inside the Cathedral Hall I met the blonde woman again, sitting on the bench, waiting. I approached her and shared the bench, we chatted a bit about the city; she said that ‘the Blade’ is the best tavern in town, and that I should rather be a barkeep (tips make a good earning). I will approach Ledgic about this for sure! She also directed me to Bishop Fortesgue, who seems to be an approachable wise clergyman.

I told the woman about my plan to give a reading on human culture, she asked if I was a scholar; I told that I was simply politically active. She immediately suggested ‘the Stormwind Council’ – preposterous, I said, Stormwind is a monarchy, why would it have a council!? Of course she couldn’t answer that, perhaps I should investigate myself. Quite soon we realized we did not introduce ourselves; her name is Odrade Hearth.

It was a rather eventful evening; I got some information which will aid me with the second phase of my plan and got taste of troubles which plague this white-walled city! Soon enough I shall crash down on them. Deathknights entering the cathedral, dwarves shooting people, doctors studying from heretical texts!

Conviction – Alliance Races

Ever since the foundation of our first kingdom, humanity had been a mediator – a leader. We are Azeroth’s most abundant civilized race, our kingdoms account for most land and population and our wars make the earth shudder and rivers turn red; Humanity is the greatest race of Azeroth and it only natural that uneasy and arduous burden of holding the Grand Alliance together falls on our shoulders. They are the only shoulders in Azeroth that can carry such weight.

Other races that make up the Grand Alliance are indeed our allies: we should treat them with courtly dignity and respect, aid them whenever we can and offer them our guidance and leadership. But we may not forget that while they are allies, they cannot possibly understand the burden of common history resting on Human shoulders, luggage of our culture and nuances of our faith. Non-human shall never understand the complexity of our domestic, rural and city life.

We should, and we shall respect them as our allies and do fair trade and fight common wars: but we should never open the Hearth of humanity to outsiders. There are sanctuaries even closest allies may not enter. Aliens who need to stay in our cities for trade and diplomacy should do so in enclaves, not to disturb our way of life and not to pollute our culture. Any non-human living among us without essential need to do so is one too many!

Polluting our great culture with alien influences is one thing; deluding blood of Thoradin with alien blood is another matter entirely. Crossbreeds are abominations, weak progeny who do not belong on either side. Human producing offspring in such a way is ignorant and irresponsible; he curses his children with an indelible mark. It will be for the greater good of Mankind to abolish all such relations and destroy the hideous nascent upon birth!

Dwarves and Gnomes are our long-standing allies and have proven their good will throughout the ages. Our trust should go with them. Focus of our diplomacy should always rest with Ironforge. The Dwarves worship the same Light, have same passion for monumental architecture and cold steel, gnomes share our passion for magic and learning. If there are allies whom you can show your unprotected back: dwarves and gnomes should be them.

High Elves, long standing allies and friends going all the way back to King Thoradin. There are very few left now, as majority had fallen prey to demonic corruption. I would advice against trusting them; they have shown capacity for untold evil and despicable betrayal and their kin shall labor for decades to redeem themselves! Blood elves…they are truly fallen, traitors and heretics. We should wage a Holy War against them and eradicate their empire of evil before it sows its seeds!

Purple-skinned elves from Kalimdor, our new-found allies; they lack proper cities and advanced civilization like us, instead they dwell in forests like simple savages. They have proven their good will to the alliance over the last years, and can be counted among Humanity’s good allies –but we should be especially weary of their kin: savage, moon-worshipping and nature-revering. They might pose a serious threat to our culture, and I admit a very serious threat to the purity of our blood.

Light-worshipping demons, a real trouble, a real threat; they have done much to earn alliance’s trust. The Light they worship is alien to us, and we shall fear the corruption of our own faith it might cause! I think their faith to be fair and pure, and I shall never think badly of them because of it: but to our church, their Light is a heresy, and I shall destroy any demon trying to preach it in our lands! Their…collectivistic…culture corrupts the minds of peasants and shakes the foundation of autocracy which protected Humanity for generations. We must beware of these demons, road to humanity’s hell is paved with their good intentions!

Baron’s Diary - First night at ‘the Blade’

My first night as a petty bouncer had come. I came to ‘the Blade’, which is located in the Dwarven District; first to the right as you come in from the Old Town. I came five minutes early and was approached by a distressed, black-haired woman. She was looking for Ledgic, my new ‘boss’. I told her that he was not yet inside, and suggested we wait; the woman had no time and rushed away in haste. Ironic enough Ledgic came less than twenty seconds after she left.

I was immediately assigned, to my great relief, to be a bartender. It is a lowly trade, but much better than a bouncer. At least I can talk to people in a polite way and be of help to them, rather than a trouble. People came, and I served them. Humiliating. Every drink I poured added up to the rising feeling of malcontent. I WANT TO GET OUT! And I shall get out, once I have collected sufficient founds and moved into the second phase of my plan.

Miss Hearth came again, and we chatted a bit; sad enough I was too distracted by my work and she soon left. I told Ledgic, apparently called Caan, that I am skilled at administration and trade. He offered me to do book-keeping, a short work for such a small enterprise: but an additional earning and dignified profession. I must say my first evening went pretty well, and I still have many more to come. May the Light aid me in my uneasy and humiliating task, give me pride to stand dishonor I inflict upon myself and tenacity to persevere, because my cause is Right!

Baron’s Diary – Light has chosen me

The day was slow and boring, and I spent most of it praying and working on my plans and speeches. In the evening I finally headed to the Cathedral for my evening prayer, and on the way I out I once against met Miss Winter; she fully recovered from the shooting. We spoke for a while, about her unusual white hair and my own plans for the future, I think there is more to her than meets the eye and I am determined to find it out.

Time has come to work at the Blade once again; the bar-duty was already taken so I strode up and down the tavern, looking for potential troublemakers. Barkeep caught my attention due to his sea-dog outfit, and I asked if he was a sea-going man; he was. This must be a sign, I thought, and so I opened to him my trade plans, proposing him partnership should he captain the ship. Sadly, good barkeep was a sea-man not an entrepreneur and was not ready for such a gamble.

A dwarf and a man entered the tavern and sat down, talking about the glories of the Old Alliance. This got to be the sign, I thought, and so I joined their conversation. We spoke about Lothar, about Deathknights and about the current state of the alliance; the two are veterans of many wars, Sir Arador of Arathor and Sir Grugni Thunderforge. Sir Arador had to leave in haste, and so I stayed with the Dwarf.

I told him my plan of sea trade, and told that should he agree to sponsor me, I shall name the freighter in his honor! He accepted. This is a sign from the Light, a reward, at last! Now I know for sure that I am on the Right path! I sacrificed the comfort I am entitled to and humiliated myself by working in a tavern, all for the greater good, and Light had sent him to me; veteran of many wars, to help me out! The Holy light is pleased with my work and supports my enterprise; there can be no other way.

Next day the Dwarf and me met at the harbor and discussed the plans in more detail; we shall get a small freighter to carry grain, some weapons and supplies to Southshore. There, the supplies will be sold to support the war effort against the horde and some will go to my old friends at Ravenholdt. Ship will then carry remaining grain, and whatever goods are available at Southshore to Ironforge: mountain kingdom has little agriculture. On the voyage back to Stormwind the ship will be loaded with skins and furs, ores and Dwarven metalwork.

I was warned about the pirates, and have taken proper precautions: we shall find decommissioned alliance gear and equip our crew with it, then mount fake cannons on the ship. I doubt pirates will attack Alliance Navy transport full of well-trained marines! Sir Thunderforge is truly Light’s Envoy sent to relief and reward me, I shall pray the whole night for his welfare and good health!

Baron’s Diary - Games

It is time to return to the roots, so to say. I am going back to Manor Ravenholdt; owners of “the Blade” organized a fist-fighting competition. How very foolish of me to come. I could not properly arrive and welcome the gathered, and I was already challenged to fight in a dirty ring stripped down to nothing but my trousers. Is this what thugs do instead of a proper joust?

I prayed to the light and meditated, but not surprisingly I was still easily defeated by one of the old-timers with just several blows. Thankfully fast defeat means less blood and bruises. My satisfaction was short-lived: I got challenged again, by young Tom. Even he defeated me in this filthy game. The fight was longer and I had to do something with the bruises and the scratches; thankfully dark-skinned woman happened to have make-up powder to disguise the bruises.

Battles ended with Quin beating the boss, Ledgic, not once but twice. He got a bag of coins, although I am not jealous of the condition he was in. After that we all returned to Stormwind, some decided to do it the conventional way, I made use of a portal.

Back in the blade I spoke to Fin, apparently he owns a boat: he was glad to take my shipment contract, and soon he took me to his ship. What a fine steamer, called Rose, she is well-manned and well-gunned, swift-gliding and large. “Rose” will make the journey in no time! We spoke to the captain, sealed the deal and returned to the blade to toast.

Apparently lads decided it was a time to shave me, I tried to defend myself with my braces, with great success, but I was attacked from behind. Treason! Needless to say the lads managed to drag me to the barber and shave me bald: I assume this was nothing more than a jest, if they had mean intentions they will regret it later. It will be such a shame to bring them to proper justice.

Luckily Miss Delmy accompanied me to Pig’n’whistle, there we spoke for a while about our identities (she is apparently run-away baron’s daughter!), and our plans for the future. I cannot imagine why anybody would abandon proper life willingly to hang around the blade, perhaps one day I will find out.

I ended the evening showing her some tricks with the torch, she was impressed. Then, to take proper revenge on the lads, I helped myself to a hair-growth potion.

Baron’s Diary – Bishop’s blessing

As agreed, I went into the Cathedral to present my first speech before the bishop. I met him in the main hall just after my midday prayers and we headed into the library. He asked me to read the speech with proper articulation, as I would perform it before the audience. Fine.

His Holiness was highly impressed by the text and the energy, but said that it is rather dogmatic; nevertheless he approved the speech! I will be given time to bring it before the audience during the mass on Friday; me, giving speech in the Cathedral of Light before the crowd of faithful! I told the bishop some of my suggestions on how to improve the alliance, at least within Stormwind’s capacity. His Holiness advised me to take it before this…“Council” on Tuesday.

When asked about the council bishop could not produce any answer that would satisfy me; apparently they are meant to be advisers, but I still do not fully understand it. Time will tell, I will find it all out on Tuesday! I asked for bishop’s blessing, to aid and protect the ship with my cargo during the voyage; he blessed it. Now I can sleep well, knowing that Light watches over my enterprise.

Later that day I found recruitment posters, asking for devotees of the Light to take up arms and protect the Cathedral and other holy places! This must be another sign, the omens are clear; they are laid out in front of me as fine pavement, I can see the road as vivid as the day! But where does it lead? I do not know, but I have faith in the Light and I know that devotion and faith are always rewarded. Needless to say I sent an application letter, asking to become a Templar.

Baron’s Diary – the Stormwind Council

I’ve found the site of the council meeting without much effort; apparently I was too early, so was doctor Gahalla. This time she was the one to approach me and asked whether my interest in anatomy still remained, I told her that I am eager to study it as long as the knowledge doesn’t come from the trolls.

We talked for a while about the moral aspect of the dark knowledge she uses; knowledge gained by trolls while they were tormenting their innocent victims! ‘Good’ doctor used age-long excuses of using that knowledge for the good, and to help other innocents. Every intelligent person knows that this is nonsense! If you think you can do Good by evil means, then you are truly lost! Despite her charming pink dress doctor is a hideous, misguided murderess and I think I will have to pay her a visit soon enough, Light have mercy on her soul!

Council meeting has started; despite me arriving first they did the right thing and let two women come before me, as it should be. First one invited them to some festival, another brought up the issue of death knight (!) guards. Order known as ‘Blazing Shields’ apparently employ death knights as guards and allow them to guard the cathedral itself, Light, I beseech you…make bishop’s enterprise of Cathedral Templar succeed!

Finally, I was allowed to bring my proposals: at first I suggested forbidding members of any other nation to criticize, insult or mock Stormwindian internal politics, culture, faith and justice and placing the same ban on Stormwinders when it comes to other alliance nations. Secondly I suggested that every nation has the right to trial and prosecute foreigners that did crimes in their land without it becoming a political issue. Third, I suggested that no nation may harbor criminals from another nation and should always aid in their capture.

I believe most evil comes from Races trying to impose their point of view and culture on another race; most of the troubles and conflicts within the alliance are result of such. Internal affairs of every nation are beyond comprehending by any other nation and should remain sacred, untouchable.

Council liked my proposals as guidelines, but believes them to be impossible to enforce as laws. Some councilors spoke of this ‘free speech’, clueless idealists! Although old paladin in golden armor mostly approved of my views, understood my point and even thanked me for bringing it up. Woman with black hair will have to hear from me sometime again, her progressive ideas are a danger for humanity! Our faith and our culture keep us strong; to pollute them with an open mind can be compared to inviting enemy to camp inside your walls and hoping they won’t open the gates.

I spent the rest of the evening listening to the meeting; this death knight issue was brought up several times, what nonsense! I must say that the start of the meeting was most interesting, at the end people started nagging about minor issues, giving abominations more attention then they deserve. There is much discord in the council, men and women on it do not agree with each other.

Conviction – Free Speech, Freedom and Will of the People

From the dawn of time humanity was ruled by regal, powerful and glorious kings. Wisdom and Power run in their blood, all the way back to great Thoradin himself. From infancy they have trained to handle the affairs of the state and protect their land with conviction and dedication. It is a sad sign of our modern time that the mob convinced itself it has the wisdom, the knowledge and the capacity to decide its own fate.

People itch with a strange desire to express their thoughts and feelings; apparently the more heretical and treacherous the idea is, the greater the conviction of having it expressed. These people walk around, openly mocking His Majesty’s policies, decisions of the Church and course of the State. People should know their place; they have been bred by the land protected by the dynasty for generations – they owe their very existence to the wisdom of the King. It is disrespectful, foolish and arrogant to express your malcontent openly on the streets: if you believe something is to be changed, humbly approach the authorities!

The King stands above mere mortals, he sees us all, and he watches over the entire land. His agents bring the news from every corner of realm, and prayers of thousands men give him strength. Who but the King sees the greater picture? Freedom is just a word to hallow anarchy, a strange desire to break free from King’s magnificent design and sabotage the kingdom! There never was, and never will be a more magnificent and humane rule other than that of our Kings! Put your faith in the Light and in the King and believe that he takes us on the right course; to doubt that is to be guilty of treason and heresy.

There are people capable of producing impressive culture, intellectual and spiritual achievements. And there are people who are not capable of that. It can be no other way; the weight of hard, dirty and humiliating work should never fall on the shoulders of refined, elegant individuals. Peasant classes have been trained and bred for generations to be resilient to this harsh burden, and it should therefore always fall on their shoulders so that our illustrious nobility can practice and keep alive our culture and traditions. People are lazy, malcontent creatures by nature and it is only natural that so-called ‘will of the people’ calls for change; such calls are to be expected, but just like the wind or tide they are natural – we should simply ignore them while preparing for an occasional storm.

Baron’s Diary – the mass

I arrived at the Cathedral of Light precisely on time and took my place in the line of men; citizens and paladins alike, standing in front of the altar. Bishop Fortesgue was there as well, ready to begin the mass. He welcomed the men and told that these masses have not been held in quite some time, and he is delighted to be able to give them again.

Soon, he invited me to hold the speech. I must say I was worried at start, even forgot to introduce myself, but one started things went surprisingly well, to a point. One-eyed veteran broke all the rules of proper mass and started to interrupt me with questions of which regiments I served with and amount of medals I acquired; as if military experience adds weight to a diplomatic and cultural point! I decided to ignore him and finished, although I almost lost all hope due to his remarks. Speech came down rather well, and people complemented me.

Miss Aethelwine, the one charged with the assembly of Templars, spoke next. Her speech covered the often-forgotten fundaments of Light and necessity to good daily, even minor good. I must say that I found her address inspiring and necessary, it are the simple basic foundations that are most easily forgotten!

Soon Miss Aethelwine invited me for the Templar interview; I must say that the way she picks her men will most definably ensure highest quality! She asked everything about my criminal record and past, tested my knowledge of the Light and my respect for sacred. Interview lasted well over half an hour and was very challenging. I was naïve to assume I was done, it was but pre-screening and I shall be assigned to three tests!

After I left the cathedral I was approached by a mysterious woman, putting me up on a very important task. The secrecy and urgency of this matter are so great that I shall not even trust my loyal paper and quill with this mystery. May be one day, when this quest is over, I shall put it down in writing for future generations. Defiantly not now. May the Light help me on this task!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:07 am

2nd Period pre-recruitment Announcement,2009

“You have made me believe in peace, Tirion, you have shown me that there is an alternative to this slaughter which is now rooted in our culture and tradition. You have told that we must unite against a greater evil in the frozen north. You’ve lied to me,
‘Highlord’!”
. The knight clutched his armor-clad hands on the leather reigns of his charger and twisted them angrily, grinding the teeth of the lower jaw against the upper and turning his head to the right as a sickening feeling sunk from his mouth to the stomach, chill rose up his spine and heart increased its pace in anger. In the hours of the early morning the forest of Elwynn was dark, yet songs and chatter of birds heralded the coming of the sun – canopies of the tallest trees stood, light-grey in the dim light. To the north, spires of the Cathedral of Light glittered slightly, catching the first morning rays.

“My brothers and sisters lay buried on the shores of Northrend, their ashes carried by the wind from the massacre of Wrath’s Gate, beasts of the scourge feasting on their remains at the Broken Front. While we fight your greater evil, Tirion, the lesser one is stabbing us in the back! Horde partnership has cost us more lives than entire army of the fallen King!” The knight lowered his head, laying the beard on his chest and closing his eyes, reminiscent of the massacres that took place, his hands were now clutched so hard that he felt numbness in his fingers. Neighing of his charger brought him back into the real world; he took another look at the spires of the cathedral rising up north and smiled for a brief second. “Have we forgotten our history, our heroes? Why do we neglect the needs of Men in favor of the ‘Alliance’?”

“Tirion! If only I could tell you this: it is better to exterminate the lesser, weaker evil and then put all your weight against the greater one without the fear of a dagger in your back! How many soldiers have we lost in Northrend because of your folly? You are neck-deep in their blood, Paladin, Light curse you and deny you solace in the here-after! You have sold everything in your search for revenge. Your country, your people, your faith; whole of mankind! Do you think me blind? Do you think I do not see that behind the façade of righteous peace mongering there hides hatred and anger, frustration and hunger for vengeance so profound that you would sell Light itself to see it satisfied?” The knight cast the thoughts out of his mind for a moment, as he felt uncontrollable anger rise to his head, reciting a short hymn “Light preserve me and guide me, Light show me the true path and illuminate the wickedness”. The man inhaled the chilly, moist air of the Elwynn forest, turning his head left and right at the clouds of mist gathering between the hills and in the trenches, illuminated by the dim light looming in the east.

In prayer, to avoid any more thoughts of anger and hatred swarming his mind, the man finally reached the gates of Stormwind – still being slowly opened by at least dozen men after the night. These are dangerous times, with troll armies roaming around it is better to be safe than sorry. As the knight rode in, he raised a hand in a blessing at the footmen, “Light be with you!” “King’s Honor!”, they replied. “This is our city. Stormwind. If we do not stand up for the interests and values of humanity, nobody will. The Dwarves are properly proud of their ancestry and their people whereas we embrace the foreign culture and eagerly take foreign wives. I love my people more than anything else; I will do everything in my power to make them the envy of the world.” .

With red and golden light of dawn covering the whole of the lightly-clouded sky, the knight has reached the royal stables, dismounted, dusted out his white robes and black cape and entrusted the reigns to the stable-boy. Taking his helmet from the saddle-bags, he headed towards the Cathedral. Judging by the light, he still had somewhere near quarter of an hour. “We shall set it right. Everything will be as it should be. Humanity will be vindicated and the stain of Betrayal, cursed line of Menethil, redeemed. Once more there will be a human king on the throne of Lordaeron, and whole world will be in awe!” Looking around the fine white masonry of the city, he reached for a holy symbol hanging around his neck and took it off – a white-silver cross hanging on a black silken ribbon. Holding it in both hands, he faced the rising sun and proclaimed “Praised by the Holy Light, the illuminator of the world, and praised be Holy Anethion, Light’s humble envoy, the illuminator of Men!”

The previous day the knight stood deep within the catacombs of Northshire Abbey, in a small damp room lit by a single candle, leaning over the bed of barely-awake Abbot Waldemar. There he got his instructions, spoken by the Abbot in his almost inaudible voice, pausing to catch a breath after every word. “My son, we have seen much in the last months. Dragomir brought the Chapter out of the country-side, and into Stormwind. But he died. We have seen a schism, change of Inquisitors…but you, you my son must set it right. Dragomir’s apprentice will handle the Inquisition, for you I have a special charge. You will replace Richard as head of the Protectorate. Go to Stormwind and raise the White Cross of the chapter. Gather men to your side, dedicated to Stormwind and Humanity, willing to die and to kill for it. Make great the name of Stormwind and Anethion!” That is why he came, the new Lord-Protector of the Chapter. Now striding up the stairs of the Cathedral to meet up with Inquisitor Regelius and usher in a new age for the Chapter of Holy Anethion, and a new dawn for mankind.

OOC

Nobody expects the ...return of the Inquisition! During my pause I discussed things with old members and gave it all some thought – the Chapter as a guild will see some changes. First of all – the Inquisition will remain part of the guild in more-or-less unchanged way, with same high quality and zeal demands. Now we, as an extension of the original concept, we also recruit other humans who do not necessarily have zealous faith.

The new concept

It is now our goal to champion and protect interests of humans throughout the world, in that way we are highly nationalistic and loyal to the King. It was about time a guild rose to truly and fully be a human guild, rather than being very pro-alliance and taking other races with open arms. We do not believe in any sort of peace with the horde – they have proven to be unreliable and treacherous savages. Death to the Horde! I do not expect us to have numbers at the very start to participate in large-scale wars, but we will organize such events and invite other guilds and people for sure. The ‘Spirit’ of the Chapter is present: with us, end justifies the means and we won’t stop, hesitate or relent in our cause.

The Inquisition

The Inquisition will remain part of the guild, and they will have same standards of devotion and quality.

Faith and Light

Faith in the Light is no longer mandatory, but it is encouraged. Still we do not tolerate ‘heresy’ – so Death Knights and Warlocks may not join, except by a very rare exception. You also don’t have to be a bright example of virtue and moderation – we look for tough warriors ready to kill and slaughter in the name of Stormwind. Only rule of the war: kill or be killed.

PvP

The guild will have a strong PvP aspect, but remember that organizing PvP is also fun, and when big battle comes it doesn’t matter if you are a lowbie, high-level or a guy in greens. You will still have fun (as long as it is properly organized). Even if you do not like PvP, do not feel scared away, you are very welcome! PvP veterans in shiny epics are, of course, especially welcome.

Human Only?

As a general rule – yes (Half-humans are also tolerated, but not embraced with open arms). Of course we will not deny non-humans who have become so obsessed with Stormwind, and love it so much, that they are ready to die to bring victory to humanity, we will take such cases fully In-Character, so don’t hesitate to apply.

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:08 am

Short Story, 2nd period recruitment, 2009

Young wizard fled alongside the Stormwind canals, looking with maddened and unblinking eyes where he steps lest he slips on the wet pavement stones. Most of the street lights have been dowsed by the downpour, but some still cast their warm orange light in the morning haze. Thick mist surrounded any light source with a surreal halo. The air was chilly and painful to breath, it was also humid, mage’s robes sticking to his legs and chest and even further encumbering his flight. Akenaus, as the mage was called, stopped suddenly and bent forwards to catch his breath, such exercises were beyond him. He moved his thick black brows closer together, looked at his soaked purple Dalaran robes and feeling unearthly warmth in his limbs, while having his lungs torn by razor-cold air; He decided that may be surrendering is a good idea. When the mage’s short, sharp beard caressed the surface of a leather-bound book he clutched in one hand, he finally found the strength to run on. He had to find a way out. This book will make him powerful and famous.

With renewed strength, ignoring the cold misty air of Stormwind’s winter, the mage pressed on, running towards the bridge linking mage district to the park. He then intended to go for the Harbor and hide there; surely his pursuers will lose him there. He was too focused on the wet pavement stones and did not notice, partially due to the thick mist, that he ran into three lightly armored men at the bridge; they wore padded leather armor with mail shirts on top and leather skullcaps. One of them had a bow, two more were armed with rusty short swords and wooden shields. To mage’s great relief, the three did not wear the blue and gold tabard of Stormwind guards; they instead had a large white cross on the black background depicted on their armored chests. When he noticed the three white crosses, he cursed under his breath. ‘Not them’, he thought.
“Halt!” the archer shouted, grabbing an arrow and trying to pull the wet tether of his bow, swearing and cursing as he realized it was in vain.
Two swordsmen got into position, blocking the mage’s way. Akenaus stood still for a moment, present his precious magical tome closer to the soaked dark purple robes, looking at the men menacingly from underneath his long black hair covering the face in a sort of wet and sticky veil. Seeing the archer struggle with the bow gave him renewed hope, the mage turned on the heels of his sandals and tried to flee alongside the canals towards the Stockades. Torches and shouts of two Stormwind guards pursuing him could be heard from underneath the arch into Mage District. That way was closed, he realized.

About ten meters in front, two dark silhouettes rose in the mist. If they were foes, he would be surrounded, Akenaus thought. The fear of capture was now so great that he closed his eyes and run ahead blindly for a few meters, too afraid that the figures ahead are guards. Once the startled, wearied mage with widely open grey eyes got closer, he realized that the two figures wore the same tabard of the white cross. He was surrounded after all. For a moment he considered his options. Stormwind authorities tend to be very lenient with the criminals, he might even be offered to join the army in the North as a sort of punishment, a much better fate than to fall into the Chapter’s hands. He made up his mind, and with two Chapter ‘guards’ slowly advancing towards him, he turned around and fled right into the hands of the Stormwinders.

The mage threw himself on the knees and tightly embraced the legs of the startled guard, pleading with wild eyes and played fearfulness.
-“Sir! Please save me from these fanatics, I surrender…lock me in a tight and secure cell!”
Before the guard got a chance to reply, the mage and two Stormwinders stood surrounded by five vigilantes of the chapter; some of them were breathing heavily from exhaustion, others calm.
-“This man has broken into the Mage Tower, killed a librarian and stolen a forbidden tome, he must be killed on this very spot!” roared one of the chapter members, apparently the leader of other four. The senior guard shook his head in annoyance while his assistant was shackling the mage and replied calmly and respectfully
-“Good morning to you too, sir. Last I checked you have no guard rights.”
-“Last time I checked, the guards have no competence when dealing with mages. Shall I remind you of that jail break, perhaps?” the fanatic rebuked mockingly. Guard’s expression changed from friendly to disgusted.
-“I am not paid to justify Stormwind policies, but this man deserves a fair trial. Now disperse, you zealot-scum, before we arrest you for obstructing justice”, Stormwinder made a dismissive gesture with his hand which looked more like an impolite ‘shoo’ and broke all eye-contact with the Chapter officer. Vigilantes laughed, almost in unison.
-“Did you just use ‘fair trial’ and ‘Stormwind’ in the same sentence? Your laws let murderer go and fine victim’s family for shouting insults at the murderer during the court”, Chapter officer replied through his laughter, tears forming at both corners of his eyes.
-“Enough!” The guard roared, “One more word and I will have all five of you behind jars”.

No sooner had he finished his sentence as a gunshot rocked the morning streets; startled ravens abandoning the trees on which they were perched and flew upwards singing their dreadful song, vanishing in the mist. Senior guard looked around, he and his colleague were alive, and none of the Chapterites held a gun. When the vigilantes raised their hands innocently in the air, showing that they had not fired this shot, the guard looked towards his underling, who held the lifeless body of the mage in his hands, a bloody bullet hole near his heart. He would never be able to link these five to the murder, but he knew that Chapter Witch Hunter was fleeing the scene right now…

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:09 am

The Holy Law, burried concept. 2010

The Law of Heaven

The Law of Heaven is a divine code which prescribes how we, simply mortals, should behave in our relationship with the Holy Light.

1) Testify your faith in the Holy Light by speaking “I testify that there is nothing holy but the Holy Light, and no truer teaching than that of Anethion” when you enter holy ground.
2) Praise and thank the Light for the guidance and sanctuary It has provided by speaking “Praised be the Holy Light, the illuminator of the world, and praised be Holy Anethion, Light’s humble envoy, the illuminator of men” when you leave holy ground.
3) Go to a place of worship to pray and praise the Light at least once a day, if there is a place of worship in the neighborhood.
4) Confess regularly, for only a fool or a saint thinks he is pure – and the former outnumber the latter.
5) Say “Light be praised” when you are favored with an unexpected gift or a great success
6) Say “Light-willingly” when expressing a hopeful, positive wish and “Light-forbid” when expressing a negative expectation.

For breaking these, the punishment is atonement in prayer before Light’s altar, prayer may take anything between a few minutes to months depending on the severity. These six apply only to Anethioneans.

7) Do not blaspheme against the Holy Light and Its prophets.
Cool Do not question Light’s power and benevolence.
9) Do not undermine the authority of the Church or disobey the commands of the clergy.
10) Do not defile the sanctity of the holy ground with violence, obscene talks and deeds, inappropriate behavior and clothing and animal companions.
11) Do not give praise nor loyalty to divinities other than the Holy Light.

For breaking these, the punishment is repentance through flagellation. Amount of strikes may vary, and may continue until the trespasser repents. Anethioneans must respect the authority of the Chapter Lectors instead of the Church.

12) Do not blaspheme on holy ground.
13) Do not desecrate the holy places.
14) Do not practice the Dark Arts, or use dubious gifts obtained through these arts.
15) Do not worship daemonic idols.
16) Do not give shelter or assistance to Light’s enemies and those excommunicated by the Church.

The punishment for breaching these is death and purification in holy fire.

The Law of Kings

The Law of Kings is a code which ensures a just relationship between the Nation, embodied in the King, and his subjects. If the Law of Kings clashes with the Law of Heaven, the latter is to be followed.

1) Always pay your taxes and tolls to the Crown.
2) Report all crimes you’ve witnessed, and testify in court or to the guards.
3) Obey the instructions given by the trusted servants of the King.
4) Pray for King’s health during each praying session.
5) Always assist the guards if you are physically capable of assisting, unless they order you not to interfere.
6) Always answer the call to arms if you are physically capable.
7) Always yield any goods and supplies requested of you when King’s men come to requisition them in times of War.
Cool Always fight King’s enemies wherever they are found, if you are capable of fighting.
9) Always follow the Laws and Decrees promulgated by the King.

The punishment for violation of these laws varies from kingdom to kingdom, but those found breaching these must still be taught the right path and atone for their misdeeds. Prayer or Flagellation may be used depending on the severity.

10) The state must give people Justice through laws inspired upon the Holy Light.
11) The state must guarantee access to the decent places of worship and sanctuary within them.
12) The state must guarantee the safety of property and fair taxes in the times of peace.
13) Every subject has the right to receive Laws, Decrees and Orders directly from the King or a local feudal lord or a local council.

Breach of any of these gives the subjects the right to disobey such a state and even rise in an armed rebellion, for a King who cannot guarantee those is but a tyrant. Depending on the circumstances, this might only mean that the people may rise against their local powers or only against certain royal agents.

The Law of Earth

The law of earth is a code to be followed within the community of the faithful or in the individual lives of the believers. If it clashes with the Law of Heaven, the latter is to be used.

1) Do not kill a fellow follower of the Light.
2) Do not betray the community.
3) If a soldier of the Light brings harm upon the community or one of its members in line of Sacred Duty, he must confess and atone in prayer.

The punishment for breaching these is death.

4) Do not harm, subjugate, exploit, steal from, or trick a fellow follower of the Light.
5) Do your Sacred Duty to an extent you are physically capable of, at the very least by reporting all crimes, misdeeds heresy and blasphemy.
6) Rise in defense and support of the members of your community depending on your abilities.

The punishment for these may vary from atonement in prayer or flagellation.

7) Do not insult, deny hospitality to, spread ill rumors about or deceive a fellow follower of the Light.
Cool Do not consume foreign agricultural products unless you are abroad or local products are unavailable.
9) Do not travel to non-human lands unless on a clear mission.
10) Do not wear non-religious jewelry.
11) Do not drink or eat from gold or silver vessels, or with gold or silver tools.
12) Provide aid and charity depending on your abilities.

Misdeeds are to be met with atonement in prayer, length depending on severity.

13) Do not conceal the truth from, deny aid to, wish harm upon, think poorly of or treat with prejudice a fellow follower of the Light.
14) Work not for personal gain, but to multiply Light’s glory and to assist your community.
15) Spread the teachings of Anethion wherever you go in human lands.
16) Answer the Crusader’s Call.

No punishment is given for breaching of these, however they should be followed and trespassers will be taught the right way.

Those who are not members of our immediate community, citizens of our nation, part of the human race or followers of the Light are suspect and are not protected by any law. Any misdeed they commit against us is to be punished with a swift death!

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:10 am

Short Story, 2nd period, early 2010

Elderly warlock labored in the darkness of the vast catacombs underneath his estate. Upside, beautiful Old-Stormwind façade was hiding the horrors which took place within; much like a charming and beautiful face can often conceal the mind of a psychopath. The mage lifted his gaze from the blood-stained pages of an ancient, crumbling tome and looked towards the door of his study. He’d thought he has heard a sound. He sat like this, opening his dark-brown eyes widely to see the door clearly in the dying light of ghostly-blue candles. Nothing. The warlock smiled and returned to his studies, no more than two days ago the trap on that door has been the end of an intruder. Now that foolish thief–his corpse rather-- was serving the needs of science. This was his favorite trap, one he made himself from scratch. His pride.

Just as an estate guard turned around the corner to proceed on his patrol around his master’s estate, a dark shadow separated from the moss-covered outer wall and slipped soundlessly like a large feline towards the interior wall. No lights were coming from within the lower floor of the estate. The man touched the old-fashioned stone walls of this estate, running his bare fingers along the chipped, slippery surface of the rocks and checking the crumbling, ancient mortar that held them together. Then he took out his gnomish pocket watch and checked time, fifty-nine minutes past midnight. Before crossing the point of no return, the shadowy figure recollected the important conversation…

-“Therese, the maid that tends to the needs of Baron’s grandson, opens the window of his room after the Clocktower bells rings one. But I have to close them at quarter past one, before the bells ring again and wake up the ‘poor’ child!” young woman spoke laughingly, sinking from the chair to the floor, her face blushing red from alcohol.
-“When I was a child I could sleep through all of it, and I lived right next to the bell-tower!” her conversation partner replied, pretending to sip his whisky. The man was of average height, well-built, with cleanly-shaven chin and neat muttonchops ornamenting both sides of his face. His eyes flamed with inhuman passion as he stared into the very soul of the woman, craving. Craving the information she could provide.
-“We open the windows every quarter of an hour. I have to sit with a watch and pay close attention to the time cos of that little brat” she complained, smiling as the man poured more port into her glass as she rose from the floor to pick it up.

The infiltrator ran his fingers alongside his dark-brown muttonchops and reached into the leather bag hanging at his side, from there he produced two ‘gloves’, each one with three short claws facing inwards. Now his palms were up for the challenge. Burrowing the claws into the mortar between the stones and securing them firmly, the witch hunter started to climb the wall. He had little time. Soon the guard will be on this side of the building, and he won’t miss a dark silhouette in cape and wide-brimmed hat hanging on the wall, contrasted against the bright starry sky. The stones of the estate were wet and slippery, polished by centuries of wind and rain. The building has been rebuilt after the First War, but the Baron insisted on using the original materials, giving this estate an age-old looks. Half-way up the Witch hunter’s hand slipped as the claw torn out bit of the mortar out of the wall. He was afraid to move. Afraid to twitch or even shiver – he was held in place with but one out of three claws on his right palm. He closed his eyes and whispered a quick recitation ‘There are no impossible feats, only insufficient faith’, and with a graceful dashing move struck the wall with his left hand, sinking the claw between the rocks. He was secure once again.

It has already been past one and the window was wide-open when he finally reached it, preferring speed over subtlety, he pushed himself up and rolled into the room – no sound but shuffling of his cape was heard. It was empty inside, and dark. Baron’s grandson was sleeping on his soft fluffy pillows. The witch hunter took a moment to catch his breath in relative safety of a child’s room and recollected the details of this estate.

He has first heard mention of the Baron in one of the thief-hideouts where the witch hunter went, incognito of course. The bandits were discussing robbing this estate. It was the mention of a secret catacomb and rumors of magical treasures which triggered Witch Hunter’s interest. Honest wizards don’t have secret studies. Using some of his contacts in Dalaran he found mention of the Baron studying magic half a century ago. It was obvious that the aging man had a dark secret.

Then the witch hunter paid a visit to the Baron’s retired accountant. The man was still loyal but sufficient motivation has revealed that the old wizard visited the trap-and-snare shop in the Old Town too many times and spent a good coin there. A shame the old accountant didn’t survive the interrogation. A good coin in the trap-shop got him records of every trap, snare and trick the wizard purchased. Using his experience with traps it was not hard to figure out where every one of them was. Of course, he had no idea of the final and most terrible one the old Baron has crafted himself.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:11 am

Invocations precursor,2010

Sayings of the Chapter
Holy Invocations

The Light has delivered you to me so that I may render judgment!

Stand before the Light and be judged!

Light guide my arm to strike the wicked, and miss the innocents!

Your evil vanishes as the Light’s dawn breaks!

In our meeting – Light’s grand design; in our battle – Light’s sacred rite; in my victory – Light’s awesome power!

The Light protects!

Let my arm be the altar to the Holy Light!

The whistle of my Holy Blade shall be thy rite of burial!

Abandon thy wicked ways and die purified!

There is no greater glory than glory under the Light.

By pain your wretched soul shall be purged, by blood your twisted body shall be washed.

Let your dying breath be the confession of your many sins.

Let the strikes and lashes of my blade be the praises to the Holy Light.

Let a thousand corpses of the heretic I tread upon be the proof of my faith.

Let my blade become the edge on which the scales of Light’s justice balance.
Holy Testimonies

Nothing is sacred but the Holy Light, and in It is my faith!

There is no truer teaching for Men than that of Anethion, him I shall follow through hardship and torment.

Before the Holy Light I testify my faith, I believe in: Anethion’s sacred mission and His teaching, Humanity’s Sacred Duty, the hardship and pain as bridge to purity, everlasting damnation of Nether for those who sin, eternal reward here and in the here-after for him who lives a life of virtue.

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:14 am

Story about Validar, first period,2009

All Validar heard was the sound of blood rushing in his ears and his own heavy breathing, both resonating and amplified within his metal helmet. What he saw of the quite Stormwind night, he saw through the small holes of his visor. As a horse in a city, he could only look right in front of him, two patches of light in the darkness of the helmet. The Shadowbreaker took a step forward and the eerie silence of this late hour was broken by the ringing of his chain shirt, grinding of his plate segments, shuffling of his robes and his thudding footsteps, metal on stone. To the outside world he was a faceless, anonymous knight in white robes walking the Stormwind streets.

As he walked past a youthful couple sitting on one of the bridges in each other’s embrace and watching the moonlit reflections on the tranquil oily surface of the dirty canals he cast but a single glance on them. “Man and woman. Dressed well. Not discussing anything. Not mentioned in ‘Bane of Heresy’. Not heretics” , the Shadowbreaker thought and moved on with his heavy gait. “There is no greater joy than to serve The Light ”. This thought crossed his mind once he heard the laugher behind him, muffled by the enclosing piece of metal on his head.

He was a Shadowbreaker of the Chapter, he did not have to know how to find or identify heretics, that was the Witch-hunter’s job. They, and The Light, would point his way and guide his blade. All he had to do was to display unbreakable faith, unwavering courage and immovable endurance and bring Light’s wrath upon the countless followers of evil. He was both a weapon and an example, the messenger and the message which read ‘All heretics should fear Light’s wrath!’ Should he suspect evil, though, he would strike none-the less, Validar knew that the Light knew a heretic from a faithful and will send former to the Nether and latter to Heaven in the here-after.

Validar stopped and lowered his gaze, fixing his eyes on a book hanging by his side – Bane of Heresy. He took it with care, as if it was a holy scripture and paged through it with care, not to damage it with his plate-clad fingers. This was the book in which the Witch-hunters wrote the names of the heretics and the blasphemers. The Shadowbreaker did not know how they managed to collect all this, he himself wouldn’t know where the heretics are found. From his childhood he was taught to fight, to smite Light’s enemies, to place his faith in the Light and have no doubt or thought. Although he did not understand their ways, and he doesn’t have to know, but the Witch-hunters always directed him more evil to smite in the Light’s name.

An hour later this patrol still did not provide Validar with an encounter he sought. Perhaps the Light found him unworthy of smiting Its enemies, perhaps he displayed not enough faith today? The Shadowbreaker stopped on the streets, unsheathed his sword and knelt, leaning on the blade and spoke a prayer, “Holy Light, I pray to thee this night to bring me to Evil. Send upon me the heretic and the witch and guide me to trial and torment, so that I may overcome them with my unbreakable faith! Even if I am to face a host of demons unarmed, I will be grateful to thee for a chance to smite them; for a Light’s faithful cannot lose…he’s already won!” Having finished this desperate prayer the knight lifted his gaze skywards, only a few constellations visible through his visor. He sat like this for well over a minute waiting for a sign, waiting for the Light to deliver him a heretic to smite. Yet nothing happened.

Validar stood up slowly and uncertainly as an uncomfortable thought visited him “The Light has found me unworthy of its blessings this night. I must work harder. My faith is insufficient. I will earn my redemption through destruction of Light’s enemies!” . The Shadowbreaker looked around himself, studying the surroundings through the slits of the visor and trying to choose where to go. “Head out of the city. Smite undead in Duskwood. Cleave bandits in twain. Evil is everywhere” , he decided and with a fast yet heavy gait walked towards the Stormwind Gate. This man knew nothing but the Light, he had no other nature than teaching of Anethion, took pleasure in nothing but duty.

Once outside, his eyes darted, gazing through the darkness of the woods, some would say that he was afraid, nervous. Such assumptions are heresy; a Shadowbreaker has no fear but to die with Light’s enemies still breathing. There was no doubt in Light’s power and Light’s wisdom; there was no doubt in his duty to smite evil wherever he finds it. Validar only felt the fire of duty burning brightly within him, exhilarating and invigorating. He chose a direction, letting the Light guide him, and moved out into the woods mounted on his trusted charger.

Darkness had enveloped the man as he moved far away from the lights of Stormwind; the sounds of the night, the squeaking of bats and howling of wolves, the hustling of beasts in the grass and gusts of wind were transformed into eerie and otherworldly echoes by his helmet. All he was were the dark silhouettes of the mighty Elwynn trees, barely contrasting against the dark gray starlit background. And yet he found it. He saw a shape standing among the open field of the old Graveyard.

Coming closer the Shadowbreaker could identify a short man, probably wearing light plate with a cape over one shoulder and a mask covering his head; he also two other shapes, kneeling before the first. “It is Night-time, good men are sleeping. This is a graveyard, nobody visits them at night. This man is a heretic. I must destroy him in the Light’s Name and if he is innocent, then may the Light be my judge and spare him!” , Validar thought to himself and dismounted his charger. A witch-hunter would choose subtlety, not a Shadowbreaker, the enemy must know and fear him – they must see him come in his white robes and obsidian-black plate, they must see the Light of zeal in his eyes and cower, for their end is nigh!

“Clashes of steel – my prayers, sparks of battle – shadows of Light’s power, grunts of pain – praises of the Prophet’s name!” Validar charged into battle as he shouted the battle cry, drawing his large two-handed sword and rapidly closing the distance between him and the shadowy figure. The figure remained unmoved throughout the charge, and it was only in the final moment as the Shadowbreaker’s blade flew skyward and whistled as it cut the air that he turned and locked it with a pair of long metal claws attached to his wrists. Lost for a moment Validar attempted to move the blade to the side, to no avail, man’s claws had it locked firmly; up, down – the same. Shadowbreaker’s attempts to liberate his sword took less than a second, but this was all that the shadowy fighter needed, the air escaped his mouth in a shrill an raspy sigh as Validar was propelled forwards by an unseen force, losing grip of the locked-down sword and dropping face-down onto the mist-soaked grass in front of the shadowy man.

Validar was a well-trained warrior and without any thought he rolled to the side to avoid an attack and pushed himself up by his elbows – yet the graveyard was empty safe for the cold Elwynn mist and eerie silence. The Shadowbreaker looked to the sides, trying to locate his blade in the darkness of the night; to no avail, the mist came unexpectedly and denied this glade all starlight. All around him shapes started to appear from the mist, their forms identified – were they a man, a fiend or but a cloud? As the formless shadows drew closer and tightened the circle, Validar stood alone and unarmed. “Do you think your visit has been unexpected?” the shrill voice spoke, coming from every direction save from above. “Do you think you have caught me unprepared?” the voice continued until finally breaking into a laugher interrupted only by snorting out the final words “Now …you…are unarmed. You are my prey”.

“And he shall know no fear” Validar thought, taking heart in the fact that the enemy was all around him and easy to find. “There is nothing to be feared save for Light’s righteous wrath!”, the Shadowbreaker roared and threw himself against one of the phantoms, only to have it pass through him like an immaterial shadow, leaving nothing but fear and chill. He looked around, gazing through two narrow slits of his helmet at the dark forest and slightly glowing starlit mist…and countless shades around him. “Even if the path of righteousness was littered with broken glass, I would walk it barefoot!” he quoted and charged again, trying to grasp another shape to no avail. Then another. And another still. And so a ten more times. “Good! Keep fighting, your strength shall leave you soon enough” the shrill voice cheered, again, coming from every direction.

“Trust no-one, not even yourself; trust not your eyes and not your ears; do not trust your thoughts. Trust only in the Holy Light,” he thought. Validar closed his eyes and inhaled deeply the cold air of fear and darkness and turned his thoughts to the Light. His body moved by itself, driven by divine inspiration. He threw his arms skywards and illuminated the glade with the light coming from the pair of ethereal golden wings appearing behind his back and turned his entire being, all his focus, all his devotion and purity into a single goal – he spun on his iron heels and propelled a radiant beam of an exorcism-spell towards a single phantom, randomly chosen.

At once the ghostly mist dissipated and the formless wraiths vanished to where they came from, the ghost he hit by the spell was thrown backwards, revealed for what it truly was – the shadowy warrior. Unwavering and ever-determined Validar scouted the now illuminated glade with his eyes until he found the sword and ran towards it, grabbing the cold blade from the tall grass and turning to face his opponent.

“Do you even have a life, you soul-less zealot?!” Shadowy warrior sounded grumpy and irritated as he rose up from the grass, appearing before Validar in all his ‘glory’ – light plate armor covering his chest, shoulders and upper legs, leather tunic, pants and trousers, a black cape and mask and a pair of menacingly long and razor-sharp battle-claws. The man turned his hands palms upwards and slowly lifted them from the height of his hips to his face – two figures rising from the grass, the very same Validar saw kneeling before the men when he started the charge; yet those were no ghouls or wraiths, these were two peasants – a male and a female. They rose from the grass and moved towards their ‘master’ with a sleepwalker’s gait, and stood by his side.

“You have already lost, paladin. You cannot strike me without bringing them to harm!” Triumphantly and confidently the man had uttered these words before slowly advancing at Validar, two ‘servants’ by his side. “I am not a paladin, I am a Chapter Shadowbreaker, and I would rather slay a thousand innocent than let a single heretic walk free!” Validar raised his blade and positioned his feet firmly on the ground, ready to cut through the man and his two thralls in a single blow. “As the Light vanquishes all shadows and breaks the dawn, so let my sword illuminate all darkness!” With these words Validar’s sword started to glow fiery red, casting long shadows behind the four figures and the tall Elwynn trees. Yet the evil warrior advanced still.

“Please, sir, we have three little children!” The woman wept as the warrior advanced, compelled to serve her master yet pleading for the Knight’s mercy. “Have mercy sir, we have done nothing wrong” the male joined. “Indeed…slay them, and the Light will never answer your prayers, paladin” the dark man added with his shrill voice. Within the darkness of his helmet Validar narrowed his eyes, a second was like a minute to him, he watched the three approach and listened to their pleas.

With whistling the Shadowbreaker lowered his blade in downward arch after he had stepped forwards to face the advance, the man parried with his claws, beckoning servants closer to him. Validar took a step back, withdrew his sword and cleaved from the side, turning his torso and legs to give the blow additional power- the female peasant screeched like a banshee as the Shadowbreaker’s blade severed her legs from the torso, yet was met by the dark warrior’s claws once more. Step back, sword withdrawn, a forwards thrust with a rapid step – the man barely dodged by throwing himself to the side, Validar’s blade piercing the cape. “I am the agent of Light’s wrath and justice!” Validar yelled into the night, focusing as he withdrew and gaining a seal of Vengeance. Before the man could fully recoil, he was struck once more with an overhead blow which he parried – sparks flew in all directions as the sword met the claws and a tether of light jumped from the point of impact towards the man, scattering around his torso and seeping in-between the joints of the plate – the warrior grunted in pain as Light’s vengeance now affected him.

The woman screamed on the grass, steam coming from the plenty of blood coming from the severed limbs and torso, yet her cries and screeches did not affect Validar. This time the warrior struck, he let out a hallowed roar as he cast an incantation of pain upon Validar. It had no effect. Taken by surprise, the shadow warrior dashed forwards with his blades and let out a shrill screech in an attempt to bewitch Validar with fear. No effect. The Shadowbeaker brought his sword down upon him with colossal strength in a diagonal arc, cleaving the farmer’s torso in two and sinking deeply into the warrior’s thigh. As the dark caster fell backwards, grunting and grasping his effectively severed leg and open stomach Validar said onto him with a spiteful tone “I have walked on shattered glass and lay upon a couch of spikes, I was whipped and cut more times you can imagine – pain is nothing. I have faced demons, I have faced undead…I have faced every kind of monster in existence, and I tell you this, I only fear one thing – Light’s wrath. As should you, heretic!” No sooner was the final word uttered as Validar brought his sword down in another blow, cleaving shadow warrior’s head in two. He did not bother asking who he was, he did not bother asking questions – all he cared for was a dead heretic.

With thrill and focus of battle over, Validar was now aware of dying legless woman screaming and cursing at his side. He looked down on her and then raised his eyes to the skies, no doubt asking for Light’s guidance. “If you are innocent, I am redeeming you of all the pain and suffering and ushering you into a better world. If you are a heretic, you deserve this”, he almost whispered, and brought his blade down onto the woman’s heart in a coup de grace.

Steam was coming from the blood of the slain in the chill of night, and light of Validar’s blade was finally dowsed, submerging the glade in an eerie darkness. The Shadowbreaker fell on one knee, leaned on the sword and spoke “I am a Shadowbreaker, I know no fear but to die knowing that Light’s enemies still breathe, I have no regret save that I can’t vanquish Evil with but a single blow. I did what must be done, o Light, and all praises be to Thee for giving this sound victory to me, the undeserving humble Knight. There is nothing holy, but the Holy Light and no truer teaching than that of Anethion! All praises go to the Light!”

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:15 am

Dragomir-story, 1st period,2009

Dressed in enchanted heavy leather armor with countless pouches and belts holding throwing dagger, shot, gunpowder, holy water and relics Dragomir sat on a high back oaken chair and placed his elbows on the table. With a quick glance he regarded the rapier, holy torch and the pistol scattered on the long polished dinner table and took out a worn-out leather-glad book, the Holy Scripture. Opening the book he skimmed through the writing, paying little regard to the passages he already knew by heart; his mind only saw small fragments, which like booming voices of the saint echoed in his mind.

The Light is everything that is Good, Pure, Righteous and Just in the universe…
…the Light gives us so much and in return asks only Faith…
…it is our Sacred Duty to live a Good life and vanquish evil…
…the Light is sublime….
…protect ourselves against the enemies…
…I do not question; I serve…
…the Light

‘The Light’ , this last word kept resonating within the man’s mind as he paged through the scripture with fiendish speed, every passage he read reduced to this one word the Light , repeated over and over again until Dragomir was overcome with an euphoric trance.

“Chairwoman of the Council is a shadow-worshipping alien”, a deep, low voice said within his mind. Once echoes of the booming voice finally faded away it spoke again. “Laws of Stormwind protect the criminals. They treat them like princes. Priests of the Holy Light protect the wicked and cruel from retribution”. Dragomir closed his eyes and smiled, overtaken by the euphoric vision which came soon after the second phrase was pronounced.

Bells of the Stormwind Cathedral are ringing, pure and angelic; the faithful are gathering and amass at both sides of the stairs leading from the square into the main hall, in anticipation of something which was yet to come. The ringing of the bells stops and a choir takes over, chanting holy hymns. A tall young man in the archbishop’s attire comes before the faithful from inside the grand hall, raising his hands into the air in a greeting under the thunderous cheers of the faithful, overwhelming the high tones of the choir. “We have dwelt in the darkness for too long” the newly-elected Archbishop says, and after the applause and cheers die out and he has the full attention of the crowd he continues. “It is time that we all tend to our Sacred Duty. This city must be purged!” With these words the vision fades

“It is time to do our Sacred Duty. This city must be purged”, Dragomir recited unwillingly, still overcome by the energy of the vision. Immediately the word said by the young priestess earlier today echoed through his mind, repeating itself countless times and refusing to go away, nagging on his consciousness and eroding his faith “…compassion…” . Dragomir gritted his teeth. ‘I am overcome with temptation to lay down my arms and embrace the enemy, open my back to the stab’, he though and started to recite a litany…

My Faith is my shield,
My Faith is the dam which protects the righteous,
A small hole can destroy the dam,
I shall not doubt!

With that done and voice of the naïve priestess cast away the witch-hunter took his rapier, torch and pistol and placed them on his belt, returned the Scripture back into a special pocket and reached out for his hat. With a deep and determined sigh he picked up the hat and placed it on his head, lowering it in front of his eyes.
It is time to do our Sacred Duty. This city must be purged!

Dragomir knelt with his worn-out Holy Scripture in hand. The room around him was dark, illuminated only by the fire of an ornate oil lamp. It was also filled with scent of burned aromatic oils and incense. The man had been reciting prayers and hymns for hours already and took a short pause, but was now once again ready to continue his act of devotion.

“Light!”, he pleaded. “Reveal to me your Mystery, show me what waits at the end of our Path!” he asked, as he had asked for days. Dragomir burned new incense, as its trance-inducing scent was diluting, and started a zealous recitation
The Light is Justice
The Light is Good
The Light is Purity
The Light is Sublime

I am a Light’s servant
I am a Light’s warrior
I am the shield of the faithful
I am the scourge of the wicked

I shall go through pain to purify my soul
I shall go through torment to strengthen my faith
I shall go through doubt to reinforce my conviction
I shall do what must be done without doubt to affirm my Devotion

This he recited over and over again, faster and faster, words merging together in his head. A constant stream of sounds, sound of his own voice, surged through his mind; pure concentration, he become one with his prayer, one with its meaning. And then the silence came. He felt his lips moving, his throat vibrating, yet not a single sound leaved his mouth. No sooner was Dragomir surprised by then miracle than a vision appeared before his eyes.

A mighty demon descended upon the earth, his horns reaching all the way to heaven and sweeping the stars to all sides as the demon walked. His breath was fire and boiled the seas, fish floating towards the surface – dead. His breath was most foul, and grass and wheat lay low, dead from the stench. His gaze was death, and the forests withered.

The demon stamped his mighty hoof, and the earth shook, walls of every city fell over, turned into a pile of rubble. He stamped his hoof again, and the earth shook once more, the mountains crumbled and boulders rolled over the land, shattering all in their path. He stamped his hoof yet again, and the earth shook for the third time, the soil cracked and whole villages and armies fell into the abyss. The demon let out a roar, hearts of men were gripped with fright and even the birds and clouds in the sky fled from the demons roar.

Then a hero appeared, clad in white robes, radiance and glory were his armor, awe and inspiration his weapon. He marched against the demon, tall and powerful, pure and serene. “Prayers of a million righteous go with me this day!” he said to the demon. “Yet I have claimed a billion billion wicked!” answered the demon, and the hero’s helmet shattered, exposing his long golden hair and noble face.

“Souls of the Righteous are my host!” roared the hero, and a vast army appeared by his side. “Souls of the Damned are my Army!” answered the demon, and an army more numerous than stars in the sky appeared. And the two armies made war. And the host of evil triumphed. “I draw upon the Good of this world to smite you!” yelled the hero, to this the demon answered “I draw upon the Evil of this world to scourge you”, and the hero’s sword broke in two.

Thus the demon has conquered the world, and ushered in an epoch of darkness and evil, where creatures dwell in the night and cover before the Sun, where hatred is the stuff of every day, and love a miracle, where pain is ever-present, and relief but fleeting. This epoch shall last until the next Hour of Retribution

Dragomir opened his eyes in a shock, it all was now clear to him. Only if the world is cleansed of all evil, only if the world is populated by the Righteous will this final battle, this Hour Retribution, be won by the forces of Good. The War between Good and Evil is ongoing, and every man who lives or had lived contributes. Nobody is a bystander in this cosmic conflict, nobody is neutral – everybody makes a choice to contribute to the cause of Good, or the cause of evil. And it was up to him to force the only wise choice…

The Witch-hunter passed underneath the high vaulted ceiling of Northshire Abbey and turned left, walking through the arch of a small side-chapel. The man had kneeled at the altar, spoke a short prayer and passed behind the altar, over an ancient mossy staircase, downstairs into the crypt. With the light of the torch the only guide through the darkness of the stairs, he finally reached the bottom and pulled on the heavy ring-like handle of a massive oaken door; it swung open with a ghostly screech.

Now Dragomir was kneeling before a hooded priest, his garment a combination of black and white. The priest faced the witch-hunter with his back, hands clasped in prayer, and looking at the clandestine altar hidden within this dark, damp crypt.
“Abbot”, the witch-hunter spoke. “I had traveled to Darkshire and there I found the run-away princess of Arathor. She has betrayed her people, abandoned her royal heritage and disavowed her husband and child for the love to a foul heretic of the Dark Sphere and servitude of Evil”. The report was quick and to the point, yet spoken slowly and carefully.
“Most disturbing”, replied the abbot without even wincing, frozen in the stance of prayer as an ancient statue. “What have you done about this, my son?”, he implored.

“I’ve tracked the cultist-sucking wench to Stormwind. There she stumbled upon an Arathorian knight and the two of us chased her all the way into the gnomish tram. She is fast, agile, determined to escape…we were about to lose her but then I shot her in the abdomen. She tried to run again, but did not get far. She pleaded the Arathorian knight to trust her, to help her, to aid her escape. She bribed him with promises of personal gain. I spoke to his faith and his common sense, yet evil prevailed and he agreed to protect her from Light’s justice and aid her flight”, related Dragomir.

“I have found both guilty of treason and heresy, and excommunicated them from the Light, but as they boarded the tram I could not drive the bullet through the princess’ head. Forgive me, Abbot, but can but a simple man take the life of by-the-light-anointed royalty?” The witch-hunter finished, bowing his head respectfully before the abbot. The priest broke from the invisible crust of stone and marble, no longer a statue, and slowly turned towards Dragomir. He nodded to the left and to the right; two knights in white robes and black helmets stepped out of the shadows and took the witch-hunter by the hands, moving him to a nasty-looking wooden rack.

A few moments later Dragomir’s legs and arms where chained to the ‘X’-shaped rack, back stripped of the armor and exposed. Then, one by one, in perfect rhythm, one after another, the two knights started to scourge him with their nasty barbed whips. The torture has lasted for well over a minute, Dragomir did not break the silence other than for his grunts, only the whistling of the whips could be heard, until it ceased and the abbot spoke at last.

“What does the Light ask of us?”,he asked. Dragomir was now supposed to recite the lines of the doctrine; a whiplash came right after the question, but a single one. Normal man would not have the presence of mind and mental focus after all this pain, and Dragomir was but a man; gladly he knew the doctrine by heart, and the lines escaped his mouth without much of a thought.
“The Light has delivered us from the Horde and the Legion, the Light has guided us in our darkest hour, the Light fills our lives with purpose and in exchange it asks only Faith” . Another lash, as is a custom: one after each question, one after each answer.

“Who are the Light’s chosen?”
“The Men are the Light’s Chosen; the Light has guided us in our darkest hour, delivered us from the Horde and the Legion, the Light favors and protects us as a loving father and in exchange expects us to do its Sacred Duty.”

“What is evil?”
“The Evil is everything that is Malign, Impure, Unjust and Wrong in the Universe.
The Evil seeks to tempt those of weak faith and drive their souls towards the ever-lasting Damnation; the Evil seeks to ruin our lives, so that we may lose faith in the Light; the Evil seeks to destroy those whose faith is Strong to clear its way.”

“What is doubt?”
“Doubt is the right arm of Damnation; doubt shall destroy your faith and doom your soul to walk in the darkness. Have Faith in the Light!”

“How will you keep strong faith?”
“Through pain I shall go to purify my soul; through torment I shall go to strengthen my faith; I shall do what must be done without doubt to affirm my devotion!”

“When will our duty be done?”
“Victory against evil is only possible when enemies of mankind have been vanquished and forgotten, their foul heritage confined to Oblivion and their souls cast into the Nether to the last one!”

“I do this not because I am angry or disappointed. We all make mistakes; I do this because I love you, my son, because I wish to teach you. You know what we say about pain?”

“As strikes of the hammer purge iron of its inpurities, so shall surges of pain purify the soul!”

“Good, now recite the five ways to fight evil”, asked the Abbot, the two knights readied their whips to make the recitation even more dramatic. Sweat was flowing down Dragomir’s face and shoulders, salty moist mixing with the blood on his massacred back, biting and itching. His eye sockets were wet with tears, at least he did not scream.
“With Unbreakable Faith, I will prevent the Evil from claiming my soul.

With Unbreakable Devotion, I will eradicate the traces of wickedness.

With Crystalline Virtue, I will cast away the Darkness.

With an Iron Will, I will make the faithless see the Light.

With Sword, Fire and Faith in the Light, I shall annihilate all Evil”

“Good. Remember not even the royalty escapes Light’s judgment . You are forgiven, my son”

Citizens of Stormwind,

We are surrounded by enemies from all sides: the Horde and the Scourge seek to wipe our kingdoms off the map of the world and cut short our lives, exterminate our race. Treacherous cultists and traitors crawl in the shadows of our cities, scheming to destroy us from within. They prey on the weak and spread their malign propaganda, undermining the supreme authority of the monarchy and slandering the most Holy Light.

Only unbreakable faith in the Light can protect us against the corruption, demons and the wicked which crawl in the shadows and seek to twist our souls, damning them to ever-lasting damnation and endless torment! Only devotion to the Light and observance of the Light’s Virtues can make our harsh life bearable and banish evil from our world.

Yet faith of many is questionable, they fall for the tiniest of temptations such as greed and lust, let stand words of a skilled corruptor. These individuals are weak links of our race, their ignorance and lack of conviction threaten us all – they are the hidden passages the cultists and the demons use to infiltrate our lives and destroy us from within despite the impregnable wall of Faith of our protectors. But we are not without compassion; we shall shepherd the weak and cultivate within them unbreakable faith and crystalline virtue!

Let it be known to all that the Inquisition of the Chapter of Holy Anethion shall patrol the streets and may test your knowledge and faith in the Light. Go now to your local church or the cathedral, and inquire about the Light’s teachings, let them enter your heart and practice them daily before it is too late. The faithful have nothing to fear of the inquisition, the faithless or those whose faith is unsatisfactory will be directed to the clergy and illuminated in the ways of our great faith; those who blaspheme and speak heresy will be dealt with for the greater good, their evil purged from our city and their poisonous words shall never make victims among the men of weak faith.

Remember:
Through faith in the Light you will overcome any fear, endure any hardship, resist any temptation and through Light’s Wisdom you shall attain a good Life here and in the here-after.

Glory under the Light!

-Abbot Waldemar
-Grand Inquisitor Erenhest

OOC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Read the lore, study the virtues or face the Light’s Wrath! Don’t think you are prepared – nobody expects the Inquisition! To clarify, under ‘citizens’ we mean Humans living in Stormwind, so other races have nothing to fear…yet.

Abbot Waldemar, leader of the Chapter of Holy Anethion sat inside a small, damp dungeon room he used as his cabinet, leaning with his elbows on an ancient oaken desk and supporting his head with his hands. He reached out with his thin bony fingers, took a long candle and lit it with the fire of a dying one with a deep sigh. This was the desk his father made for him…eighty years ago. The only possession he brought with him from Lordaeron.

Waldemar breathed heavily, the old man could no longer handle all his duties, tomorrow he turns ninety-two and even a small public appearance of one hour is exhausting. He already could hear the angelic chants of the souls of the righteous waiting for him in the here-after; he has prepared a list of questions he will ask Holy Anethion on the other side, confessed and repented for all his live’s sins – he was ready for the imminent death.

“Souls of the pious men shall be embraced by the Light and re-join their friends and family in the here-after, and from the heaven above they shall watch over the Faithful down below” , he recited with a hoarse voice and coughed violently. Soon he will lend his wisdom to the faithful of Azeroth, and answer their prayers.

But so much is still left unfinished – who will educate the younglings in the Holy Doctrine, who will organize the prayers and masses in the Cathedral of Light to remind the faithless Stormwinders of the Light’s Splendour, who will chase after the unbelievers and teach them the true Path? Who?...surely not a ninety-two years old man, sapped of all vitality, although with a faith stronger than ever.

“The chapter needs a man whose faith and determination are unbreakable, whose resolve cannot be shattered – a man to teach the faithless, to call people to do Light’s work”, he thought, turning to the old candle the light of which has just been dowsed, all wax has melted…

[OOC]

This is an invitation for an experienced Lore-player, knowledgeable in the Light’s lore and willing to role-play a fanatical preacher to join the Chapter! We need somebody to rant doctrine at the unbelievers, organize prayers in the Cathedral for those ignorant Stormwinders and of course hold rites and sermons for the Chapter itself. Any able preacher who can perform these duties, but doesn’t join, will be regarded a Heretic! I of course will assist you at first.

Citizens of Stormwind, Death Knights of Acherus,

In our Holy War against the scourge many heroes perished on the field of battle, Light take their souls, some lost faith and betrayed humanity – joining the enemy of all Living, may they know endless torment in the abyss of the Nether. There are those who fell in battle in the defense of the Alliance and were raised by the Scourge as Death Knights – the very same that got ‘redeemed’ by High Lord Tirion and King Varian, Light save them.

Every man who dies in the Light’s name deserves a proper burial, elevating his soul about the sinful world and sending it into Lights Embrace – an eternity of peace and joy in the Here-after. Clearly, these former heroes have been denied that chance and as there is no place for the undead among the living, we must give them the peace of the grave they deserve.

Alas, though their earthly shells may be destroyed, their souls are kept firmly down by the shackles of the necromantic magic of the Lich King, no peace may be found unless the Enemy of Living has been destroyed! All undeath is intolerable, yet giving the fallen the chance to destroy the evil which has brought all this misery upon them is acceptable…but barely.

Yet…the Death Knights test the hospitality of the living! At their disposal they have the formidable citadel of Acherus and the former Scourge stronghold of Shadow Vault – they have the resources of the Valliance Expedition and the Warsong Offensive, and yet they choose to linger in the cities of the Living. Some lay claim to ‘normal life’, thinking that casual clothing and a pair of glasses can disguise the abomination they have become. Others go even further – continuing their servitude of Evil and making miserable of the life of our people.

Others seek to enter the Sacred Halls of the Cathedral, despite the pain it inflicts upon them; if you come to pray, then blessed be your Faith, otherwise you are pathetic fools seeking to annoy the living and stretch our hospitality even further! There are former paladins and priests in your ranks – make a chapel for your own needs and let the living be!

This may not continue! This is wrong! This is an affront to the Light and Decency! I call upon all Death Knights to depart northwards and engage in war against the Scourge, for this is your duty and in victory your only solace. Those who serve evil still, shall be destroyed for they are not only abominations, they have also wasted the chance of redemption and exceeded our tenuous hospitality. Those who seek ‘normal life’ and loiter meaninglessly among the living shall be captured and delivered to Northrend by force, for your Highlord Darion knows that retribution is your sole purpose, and that your place is among the darkness and cold of the roof of the world!

May the Light save your souls,
Abbot Waldemar of the Chapter of Holy Anethion.

OOC

People who roll Death Knights want to role-play and RP is found around the Cathedral, and certainly not in Northrend. I am not trying to chase you off and deny you your Fundamental Right (according to some UN convention?) to enjoy the game you pay for. See this as a chance for some additional RP and a reminder of who your characters are. And my support to any death knight guilds out there who try to play according to the situation your characters are in, and their role as the Knights of the Ebon Blade! The Inquisition approves…oocly!

Dragomir bowed his head respectfully, standing at the side of an ancient heavy oaken bed on which the aging abbot of the Chapter, Waldemar laid. The priest was in a half-seated position, his back supported by a set of cushions, legs covered by a blanket and chest by a plain white robe, fingers crossed on his chest.
“Your holiness…everything is proceeding as planned. ‘Bane of Heresy’, the book in which the names and details of all the Light’s enemies are written is complete, soon we are ready to strike against this fiendish Cult, the Dark Sphere, and destroy them totally and mercilessly”, the inquisitor spoke. The abbot’s eyes closed, he seemed to have lost his focus and fallen asleep, “Your Holiness?” the inquisitor asked with a slightly raised voice, trying to get the old man’s attention.
“I’ve heard you brother…wasn’t….the sphere…supposed….to be destroyed…by now, wasn’t….the Empire of Virtue…meant to be erected by now?” The abbot replied with a hoarse and barely audible voice, taking a horrible long time to build a sentence and pausing after each word.
“By far not, your holiness, The Light has not given us any schedule, but we shall double our efforts if so you desire!” Said Dragomir with enthusiasm and fire of zeal in his voice, delighted at prospect of working yet harder towards the Light’s Goal.
“You and the Inquisition….are……gifts from heaven….brother. Seek….more…men”, replied the Abbot before losing grip on his wakefulness and succumbing to slumber; although the priest could no longer hear him, the Inquisitor recited from the Book of Bernard a well-known phrase which has by now become the part of his very being
b] “One man of faith can overcome any challenge and vanquish countless wicked, a thousand faithful shall march over the world in a relentless onslaught of Good – a bane to the heretic and the enemy!“[/b]

[OOC]

The Chapter is openly recruiting a limited amount of people! Read on if you are interested in joining.

We need:

2 Witch-hunters (any class except mage and priest works) to subtly chase after the cultists and the heretics, and most importantly, collect the information which can aid in capture and prosecution of the Darkies (names, crimes, disguises, appearances)

1 Shadowbreaker (warrior or paladin) to crush the enemies of the Light with sword and fire while singing holy hymns and yelling zealous praises to the Light

1 Cleric (any class works) to preach the Light, handle the Exorcisms and any other task you can imagine!

To join the guild your character must be Human, with no criminal history, and not a warlock of Death Knight (we prefer Human Males, but females may join as well). You must be capable of playing a life-less and misguided zealot, who spits out holy doctrine at every occasion, knows no fear and shame and does the Light’s work no matter what. Experience with emote-fights is also a must, since there will be a lot of those. You are also expected to RP out gruesome things, shameless indoctrination and dirty torture.

Please note that due to the ICly ‘Elite’ character of the guild we will demote, abuse and may be even kick your character if he shows softness, mercy, lack of devotion or faith – or even lack of enthusiasm. If you support or side with the Darkies even a tiniest bit, be ready for our retribution! No OOC hard feelings, but ICly there shall be no forgiveness!

If you want to join, but don’t have much time to put into your inquisition character we also need Canons. Normally Canon is a rank for our recruits, but we can have use of some who will never be promoted. As a canon you will be spreading propaganda, yelling zealous stuff and in any way needed assisting more senior members – if something fun is going on (torture?) you are welcome to join as well. There is no number-limit on the amount of Canons, but strict discipline and zeal-requirements still apply.

Contact me in game about joining,
GLORY UNDER THE LIGHT!

“The Light will illuminate to us how to bring this witch to justice, sire…or you will find a way to.” Validar, shadowbreaker of the chapter, clad in heavy plate armor and wearing a white and black robe over the metal addressed his superior. Right next to him strode Dragomir, in his dark brown heavy leather armor and a hallmark hat, one hand on his rapier. Both men were walking towards the cathedral, and right now passing the outer rim of the trade district.

“I already know the way, shadowbreaker.” Dragomir replied, nodding with his head rapidly to force his hat lower on the face. “When next we meet, Ireth shall fall in the Light’s Name!” The inquisitor added. “Tell me the way, I bid you sire, and I will face her even if I have to pass through the deepest recesses of the Nether to find her!” Knight’s eyes lit up with righteous fury, an arm twitching intuitively to reach for his sword.

Before Dragomir could explain his daring, and in the eyes of greatest purists of the Chapter, heretical solution, his leg was hit from behind; not losing a single moment the inquisitor started to turn, grabbing his pistol as he moved and pointing it out in the direction of the attack in a stretched arm right as his turn was finished. There stood a boy about six years of age, with a frightened expression on his face.

Casting his gaze downwards the inquisitor noticed an old carriage wheel, it was now apparent that the boy lost control of his toy while spinning it around Stormwind’s streets. “F…f..f….f.f….” the child muttered, not getting any further than the first letter. In a slow streamlined motion Dragomir sheathed his pistol, exchanged a look with Validar and took the wheel with one hand, spinning it back towards the boy.

“I reckon you wanted to say something, child?” the inquisitor replied. The boy answered right away, even before the man has finished talking, in a shaking frightened voice “Forgive me sir, I didn’t mean to, I was just playing, it is not my fault!”
“I think he pleads innocence, sire.” Validar whispered, perhaps too serious for the situation at hand- whether he was jesting or treated this as a real attack will never be known.

“You are forgiven” concluded the inquisitor, taking a few steps towards the child, slowly as not to alarm it.
“That is a shiny gun you have there, sir, and the hat…are you a pirate?” the child asked, no longer frightened and captivated by the pistol at the hunter’s side. He sounded enthusiastic, putting emphasis on the ‘pirate’.
“I am no pirate, son; I am a…” Dragomir paused, thinking on how to best explain it to a child; then he continued “I look for bad people, and I spank them for their naughty deeds”. The child’s expression looked surprised, with a slight hue of fright “you mean…if my daddy is too busy, he will call you instead?”
“No. I only punish really bad people, people who anger the Light”
“The Light…is that your pa, sir? And I am Sam” the boy replied, of course he wouldn’t know about the Light….although he should! This smells of blasphemous parents who ignore their duties to bring up their children in piety! Again, Dragomir was faced with a hard choice of explaining a complicated matter to a mere child.

“The Light is everything that is Pure, Good, Righteous and Just in the universe; the Light is greater and more splendorous than we can possible imagine and the words of our language cannot possibly describe it in all its glory and magnificence.” Validar chanted a well-learned piece of doctrine he simply said whenever anybody asked about the Light; it has become a reflex. Sam’s eyes widened as he looked at the knight, brought to silence by big talk.

“The Light is the greatest and goodest thing there is, Sam. Light is so great that you cannot imagine it and you cannot see it. But the Light sees you, child, it sees you when you walk and even when you try to hide. It can see what you think…” the witch-hunter answered the child’s question, only to be interrupted by Sam “That Light sounds nosier than my father!” At once, Validar’s shoulder twitched in reflex as if to grab the sword, but he of course stopped the action a split second afterwards. Dragomir simply smiled under the shadow of his hat.

“No, the Light is like your best friend, Sam. But unlike your friends it will never say that it doesn’t want to play with you. The Light is always there when you need it. It is like your mother, but she is never angry with you and she is always kind. She is always there when you need her. The Light is like your father, but he always supports you and always protects you against bad people. He is never busy. He always listens when you call for his help.” The child’s eyes widened and he smiled at the inquisitor’s explanation, perhaps interested in that whole idea of Light after all. “Does the Light make bad people go away? And will the Light spank me if I am naughty?” The child asked.

“Yes. The Light will make bad people go away, and yes it will spank you – but unlike your father it will only spank you when you really, really deserve it. And Light is never mistaken.” “I should tell my father to talk to Mister Light when he wants to spank me next time!” Sam exclaimed, raising his hands in the air and jumping up in a childish cheer. “But….Light seeing all is kinda creepy. Does it see me steal cookies from grandma’s table? Does it see me when I am swimming? Does it see me when I make funny faces to the milkman when he ain’t watching?” Again, Sam’s questions have greatly upset Dragomir’s well-learned doctrine. The Inquisitor sighed and lowered himself on one knee; this will take a long time…

“Yes, the Light sees all that. And if you do many bad things, it will spank you. But you should not be afraid that the Light watches you, only those who have something to hide, only bad people, fear the Light. You don’t have anything to hide, do you?” Dragomir raised his hat slightly and looked right into the child’s eyes, for a moment he forgot he wasn’t interrogating. “I…I only hide a kitten in my closet. But my parents have things to hide, they always tell me never to talk about them to others!” This is what Dragomir wanted to hear, perhaps the child will tell something more interesting about his parents than them talking poorly of old Emma.

“ Well…you are a stranger, --but I like pirates!—but pa told not to talk about it to anybody!” Sam protested, at least he was loyal to his parents.
“Are you parents good people, Sam?”
“They are, sir…well…when they don’t get mad at me”
“Then they have nothing to hide; tell me. Only bad people hide things.” Dragomir smiled, trying to look friendly and kind, something he doesn’t usually do during interrogations.
“Well…they tell me not to talk funny speak they teach me, and not draw nice pictures they show me. And they asked me not to talk about miss Kathara. And miss Kathar has asked me not to talk about the promise she made me do about her ‘being the first one when I am old enough’. And not talk ‘bout my father’s collection of scary things. And they tell me that they will spank me if I go into the basement.” Sam confessed his parent’s ‘crimes’, a pattern began to appear in the hunter’s mind.
“Can you talk funny speak to me?”
“Sha’as rexthatir ruuk’dal.” Sam answered in demonic, unmistakably demonic. Validar twitched again, and chanted a prayer, but remained otherwise calm, letting the inquisitor do his work.
“Do you know what that means?” Dragomir inquired, hat lowering itself on his face as he frowned.
“No, sir” replied the child.
“Sam, I want you to follow my friend, Validar, he will take you to our house and introduce you to the Light. You want to meet the Light, don’t you?” Dragomir smiled again, hoping that the child will agree to follow without him having to use force.
“I will sir, will I be back home for dinner?”
“You will, where you live, Sam, I will tell your parents where you are so that they won’t worry about you.”

The child named the address of his parents, something he had imprinted in his head, no doubt in case he gets lost. Dragomir has waited for Validar and Sam to vanish behind the corner, and set out towards the house.

Later this evening in Northshire abbey, but before dinner time, Dragomir has entered the room where Sam sat on the floor, waving around with Validar’s wooden training shorts word. The Knight stood up from his simple bed at once and saluted, replying officially and properly, as usual. “The Clerics have shown the Light to this child, sire. Awaiting new orders.” Dragomir nodded at the breaker, and turned to address the child.

“Sam, there is something I need to tell you. Your parents have left and they will never return. But you may stay here with us, we will be kind to you.” The inquisitor spoke, watching as Child’s expression turned frightened and hopeless. “Why did they go away! When will I see them?” Sam cried, horribly distressed. “You will meet them one day, Sam, they are gone but they are waiting for you.” Dragomir took off his hat, for a moment thinking he is bringing grave news to an adult.
“Where did they go?”
“I can’t tell you”
“But you are a pirate, you are a good man, you have nothing to hide!” the child cried out, taking the witch-hunter by surprise; there is something in children’s naivety which borders on wisdom.
“They are gone to a place from where nobody returns, child, and which nobody can just visit for a weekend. The place is called ‘the Heaven’, and one day we shall teach you how it looks.” This was enough to ease the child. One day he will learn. One day he might become a warrior of the Light despite his blasphemous upbringing. Thank the Light his parents repented with their dying breath, and Light willingly, wait for their child...

Two citizens strode through the moonless night towards the Cathedral, light from within the ornamented windows beckoning them as a beacon. One of them, elderly gentlemen with a neat beard and old-fashioned jacked and trousers moved with a determined, confident gait while his youthful companion dragged uncomfortably behind.
“I don’t think this is good idea, uncle”, the youth complained.
“Quit your whining”, the elderly man grumped.
The pair had reached the cathedral square and looked around: bright light coming from within the cathedral main portal and from the torches of the guards in the distance…and of course from the glowing eyes of the elf, Draenei and Death Knight ‘guests’ crowding the benches on the square. The gentleman addressed his nephew with a cold, stoic and narrative tone “Behold, the Cathedral of Greed - a bastion behind the thick walls and veils of lies of which hide the fattened priests and their loyal hounds the paladins, funneling wealth of the lands into the golden candelabras and –I must admit quite beautiful—frescoes.” The youth replied with haste and a shaking voice, looking around in paranoia, “Shh, you old fool lest those deranged inquisitor-zealots hear us!”

No sooner could he finish than his uncle slapped him on the back of the head with a heavy blow of his well-trained hand, steady despite the venerable age. “Address me with proper respect, pup! As for the Inquisition, didn’t you hear? That self-righteous idiot Erenhest was assassinated by the forsaken Lightslayers and the rest dispersed
, no doubt to cater and wash that handicap abbot of theirs.” Having finished these lines the elderly heretic took his nephew by the sleeve of his wide shirt and dragged him along, the youth following unwillingly and with hesitation. Once the pair had reached the side of the cathedral and looked up at the windows, then looked around to be assured that nobody is watching them, the uncle produced five stones wrapped in paper from his bag and handed a pair to the youth.

“We are not really going to do this, are we?” protested the young man, alas in vain.
Yes we are , if not we, then who will teach those fat fags a lesson in humility and bring them down to size. Who needs priests in our modern age?” the elder replied, taking a step back and preparing himself for the first hurl, taking his time look for the last time on the beautifully decorated windows, the youngling following his example with lowered head and shoulders. “Long live liberty!” Uncle shouted with stoic determination in his voice, but his hurl was brought to an end by a voice coming from behind.

“To sander the priests, is heresy. To question the faith, is heresy. To damage church property, is sacrilege. How do you plead?” The voice of the male stranger felt natural somehow, as if it was a part of the night, like cold howling wind. The youth had jumped up where he stood and opened his mouth the shout ‘Innocent’ but was hit by his uncles elbow before he could make it past first syllable. “What are you going to do, Erenhest , shoot me where I stand right in front of the cathedral? You don’t truly think you can get away with it?” the elder said, slowly moving one hand along his side and hip towards the flintlock pistol. “Repent and surrender, and Light might yet redeem you”, the voice pronounced. The gentlemen turned around with speed of a young duelist, drawing his pistol and firing at a figure with a hat and a cloak standing right behind him yelling “There is no redemption!” To the surprise of the youngster, and even the man, the uncle had hit the figure right in the head; wide-brimmed hat fell blown right off revealing a wooden stump. It was but a mannequin.

“I am glad we agree. There is no redemption”, the witch-hunter said, standing hatless and cloakless next to the decoy and firing his pistol in reply towards the old man who fell where he stood with a yelp, dropping his weapon and grasping the base of his neck with both hands. “You are a far better marksman than I, Albert, a shame you had to put your skills in servitude of evil”, the hunter added.

Young nephew, now pale and frightened dropped to his knees and pleaded for mercy, concerned more with his own life than the dying convulsions and sounds of his uncle. “I…I thought you were dead, I didn’t mean to, he dragged me into this!” the youth cried, pointing accusingly towards the uncle. “Now how could I die with so many heretics walking the streets? And so you say that you had not the power to resist an old man dragging you straight into the maw of sin?” Dragomir’s voice was full of spite and contempt as he addressed the youngster; he turned his head to the side slightly as the guards were already moving to the shooting scene. He had to stay to finish this, and finish this properly.

“Well…I tried to resist him…but he confused me with his rhetoric, I swear I didn’t mean to, I will go to church five times a day, I will donate one third of my wealth to it, IwillbehaveIpromisepleasesparemylife!” Youngling pleaded pathetically, whining as a beaten dog and groveling before the inquisitor. “If an old man can sway you to do evil, what of the cultist and preacher of evil? I am doing your soul a favor by killing you.” This was Dragomir’s reply, with swift leaps he bridged five steps separating him from the youngster and slit his throat. No sooner had the youth fallen to the ground as Dragomir picked up his hat, placed it on his head and slowly blurred into the shadows of the night. All the approaching guards could see was a silhouette of a man with wide-brimmed vanishing into the shadows, and all they found was a mannequin with a dark cape and two dead bodies…

Let this be a lesson to the heretic, the Inquisition is back. And let it be known that there is nothing sacred but the Holy Light, and no truer teaching than that of Anethion, and in that teaching we shall put our faith!

High the banners fly against the pure blue sky,
Touching heaven above the great spires soar,
The golden light of the sun caresses white stone,
They all shine and sing to the glory of Lordaeron.

We are the children of illustrious fathers,
The progeny of magnificent land!
Had not our ancestors paid tithes of sweat and blood,
When in toil and moil taming the realm!

The ringing of bells and cheers of crowd,
But a phantom, a dream drowned in blood,
Now lies shattered and shamed the regal crown,
And the sun no longer caresses the realm.

We are the children of illustrious fathers,
The progeny of magnificent land!
Had not our ancestors paid tithes of sweat and blood,
When in toil and moil taming the realm!

Now our land is in the clutches of dead,
Weeping, crying and pleading the sons she’d begotten,
Forsaken in darkness and left unattended,
She lies in the past… yet never forgotten.

Raise your banners, pure blue like the skies of our fathers,
Evoke the memories of the glorious past,
March onwards, to glory and triumph,
For we are the children of magnificent land.

Charge, undefeatable host, into last fray,
Pay the tithes of sweat and blood as our fathers before us,
Let our valor reclaim our ancestors’ realm,
Or our bodies return to the land which us has begotten.

The forests are teeming with memories,
The fields are alive with our songs,
You have I never forgotten, my dearest mother,
Next to my heart shall I carry thy name.

Lordaeron.

All Validar heard was the sound of blood rushing in his ears and his own heavy breathing, both resonating and amplified within his metal helmet. What he saw of the quite Stormwind night, he saw through small holes in his visor. As a horse in a city, he could only look right in front of him, two patches of light in the darkness of the helmet. The Shadowbreaker took a step forward and the eerie silence of this late hour was broken by the ringing of his chain shirt, grinding of his plate segments, shuffling of his robes and his thudding footsteps, metal on stone. To the outside world he was a faceless, anonymous knight in white robes walking the Stormwind streets.

As he walked past a youthful couple sitting on one of the bridges in each other’s embrace and watching the moonlit reflections on the tranquil oily surface of the dirty canals he cast but a single glance on them. “Man and woman. Dressed well. Not discussing anything. Not mentioned in ‘Bane of Heresy’. Not heretics” , the Shadowbreaker thought and moved on with his heavy gait. “There is no greater joy than to serve The Light ”. This thought crossed his mind once he heard the laugher behind him, muffled by the enclosing piece of metal on his head.

An hour later this patrol still did not provide Validar with an encounter he sought, and so he stopped on the streets, unsheathed his sword and knelt, leaning on the blade and spoke a prayer, “Holy Light, I pray to thee this night to bring me to Evil. Send upon me the heretic and the witch and guide me to trial and torment, so that I may overcome them with my unbreakable faith! Even if I am to face a host of demons unarmed, I will be grateful to thee for a chance to smite them; for a Light’s faithful cannot lose…he’s already won!” Having finished this desperate prayer the knight lifted his gaze skywards, only a few constellations visible through his visor. He sat like this for well over a minute waiting for a sign, waiting for the Light to deliver him a heretic to smite. Yet nothing happened.

Validar stood up slowly and uncertainly as an uncomfortable thought visited him “The Light has found me unworthy of its blessings this night. I must work harder. My faith is insufficient. I will earn my redemption through destruction of Light’s enemies!” . The Shadowbreaker looked around himself, studying the surroundings through the slits of the visor and trying to choose where to go. “Head out of the city. Smite undead in Duskwood. Cleave bandits in twain. Evil is everywhere” , he decided and with a fast yet heavy gait walked towards the Stormwind Gate. This man knew nothing but the Light, he had no other nature than teaching of Anethion, took pleasure in nothing but duty.

Once outside his eyes darted, gazing through the darkness of the woods, some would say that he was afraid, nervous. Such assumptions are heresy; a Shadowbreaker has no fear but to die with Light’s enemies still breathing. There was no doubt in Light’s power and Light’s wisdom; there was no doubt in his duty to smite evil wherever he finds it. Validar only felt the fire of duty burning brightly within him, exhilarating and invigorating. He chose a direction, letting the Light guide him, and moved out into the woods mounted on his trusted charger.

Darkness had enveloped the man as he moved far away from the lights of Stormwind; the sounds of the night, the squeaking of bats and howling of wolves, the hustling of beasts in the grass and gusts of wind were transformed into eerie and otherworldly echoes by his helmet. All he was were the dark silhouettes of the mighty Elwynn trees, barely contrasting against the dark gray starlit background. And yet he found it. He saw a shape standing among the open field of the old Graveyard.

Coming closer the Shadowbreaker could identify a short man, probably wearing light plate with a cape over one shoulder and a mask covering his hat; he also two other shapes, kneeling before the first. “It is Night-time, good men are sleeping. This is a graveyard, nobody visits them at night. This man is a heretic. I must destroy him in the Light’s Name and if he is innocent, then may the Light be my judge and spare him!” , Validar thought to himself and dismounted his charger. A witch-hunter would choose subtlety, not a Shadowbreaker, the enemy must know and fear him – they must see him come in his white robes and obsidian-black plate, they must see the Light of zeal in his eyes and cower, for their end is nigh!

“Clashes of steel – my prayers, sparks of battle – shadows of Light’s power, grunts of pain – praises of the Prophet’s name!” Validar charged into battle as he shouted the battle cry, drawing his large two-handed sword and rapidly closing the distance between him and the shadowy figure. The figure remained unmoved throughout the charge, and it was only in the final moment as the Shadowbreaker’s blade flew skyward air and whistled as it cut the air that he turned and locked it with a pair of long metal claws attached to his wrists. Lost for a moment Validar attempted to move the blade to the side, to no avail, man’s claws had it locked firmly; up, down – the same. Shadowbreaker’s attempts to liberate his sword took less than a second, but this was all that the shadowy fighter needed, the air escaped his mouth in a shrill an raspy sigh as Validar was propelled forwards by an unseen force, losing grip of the locked-down sword and dropping face-down onto the mist-soaked grass in front of the shadowy man.

Validar was a well-trained warrior and without any thought he rolled to the side to avoid an attack and pushed himself up by his elbows – yet the graveyard was empty safe for the cold Elwynn mist and eerie silence. The Shadowbreaker looked to the sides, trying to locate his blade in the darkness of the night; to no avail, the mist came unexpectedly and denied this glade all starlight. All around him shapes started to appear from the mist, their forms identified – were they a man, a fiend or but a cloud? As the formless shadows drew closer and tightened the circle, Validar stood alone and unarmed. “Do you think your visit has been unexpected?” the shrill voice spoke, coming from every direction save from above. “Do you think you have caught me unprepared?” the voice continued until finally breaking into a laugher interrupted only by snorting out the final words “Now …you…are unarmed. You are my pray”.

“And he shall know no fear” Validar thought, taking heart in the fact that the enemy was all around him and easy to find. “There is nothing to be feared save for Light’s righteous wrath!”, the Shadowbreaker roared and threw himself against one of the phantoms, only to have it pass through him like an immaterial shadow, leaving nothing but fear and chill. He looked around, gazing through two narrow slits of his helmet at the dark forest and slightly glowing starlit mist…and countless shades around him. “Even if the path of righteousness was littered with broken glass, I would walk it barefoot!” he quoted and charged again, trying to grasp another shape to no avail. Then another. And another still. And so a ten more times. “Good! Keep fighting, your strength shall leave you soon enough” the shrill voice cheered, again, coming from every direction.

“Trust no-one, not even yourself; trust not your eyes and not your ears; do not trust your thoughts. Trust only in the Holy Light,” he thought. Validar closed his eyes and inhaled deeply the cold air of fear and darkness and turned his thoughts to the Light. His body moved by itself, driven by divine inspiration. He threw his arms skywards and illuminated the glade with the light coming from the pair of ethereal golden wings appearing behind his back and turned his entire being, all his focus, all his devotion and purity into a single goal – he spun on his iron heels and propelled a radiant beam of an exorcism-spell towards a single phantom, randomly chosen.

At once the ghostly mist dissipated and the formless wraiths vanished to where they came from, the ghost he hit by the spell was thrown backwards, revealed for what it truly was – the shadowy warrior. Unwavering and ever-determined Validar scouted the now illuminated glade with his eyes until he found the sword and ran towards it, grabbing the cold blade from the tall grass and turning to face his opponent.

“Do you even have a life, you soul-less zealot?!” Shadowy warrior sounded grumpy and irritated as he rose up from the grass, appearing before Validar in all his ‘glory’ – light plate armor covering his chest, shoulders and upper legs, leather tunic, pants and trousers, a black cape and mask and a pair of menacingly long and razor-sharp battle-claws. The man turned his hands palms upwards and slowly lifted them from the height of his hips to his face – two figures rising from the grass, the very same Validar saw kneeling before the men when he started the charge; yet those were no ghouls or wraiths, these were two peasants – a male and a female. They rose from the grass and moved towards their ‘master’ with a sleepwalker’s gait, and stood by his side.

“You have already lost, paladin. You cannot strike me without bringing them to harm!” Triumphantly and confidently the man had uttered these words before slowly advancing at Validar, two ‘servants’ by his side. “I am not a paladin, I am a Chapter Shadowbreaker, and I would rather slay a thousand innocent than let a single heretic walk free!” Validar raised his blade and positioned his feet firmly on the ground, ready to cut through the man and his two thralls in a single blow. “As the Light vanquishes all shadows and breaks the dawn, so let my sword illuminate all darkness!” With these words Validar’s sword started to glow fiery red, casting long shadows behind the four figures and the tall Elwynn trees. Yet the evil warrior advanced still.

“Please, sir, we have three little children!” The woman wept as he advanced, compelled to serve her master yet pleading for the Knight’s mercy. “Have mercy sir, we have done nothing wrong” the male joined. “Indeed…slay them, and the Light will never answer your prayers, paladin” the dark man added with his shrill voice. Within the darkness of his helmet Validar narrowed his eyes, a second was like a minute to him, he watched the three approach and listened to their pleas.

With whistling the Shadowbreaker lowered his blade in downward arch after he had stepped forwards to face the advance, the man parried with his claws, beckoning servants closer to him. Validar took a step back, withdrew his sword and cleaved from the side, turning his torso and legs to give the blow additional power- the female peasant screeched like a banshee as the Shadowbreaker’s blade severed her legs from the torso, yet was met by the dark warrior’s claws once more. Step back, sword withdrawn, a forwards thrust with a rapid step – the man barely dodged by throwing himself to the side, Validar’s blade piercing the cape. “I am the agent of Light’s wrath and justice!” Validar yelled into the night, focusing as he withdrew and gaining a seal of Vengeance. Before the man could fully recoil, he was struck once more with an overhead blow which he parried – sparks flew in all directions as the sword met the claws and a tether of light jumped from the point of impact towards the man, scattering around his torso and seeping in-between the joints of the plate – the warrior grunted in pain as Light’s vengeance now affected him.

The woman screamed on the grass, steam coming from the plenty of blood coming from the severed limbs and torso, yet her cries and screeches did not affect Validar. This time the warrior struck, he let out a hallowed roar as he cast an incantation of pain upon Validar. It had no effect. Taken by surprise, the shadow warrior dashed forwards with his blades and let out a shrill screech in an attempt to bewitch Validar with fear. No effect. The Shadowbeaker brought his sword down upon him with colossal strength in a diagonal arc, cleaving the farmer’s torso in two and sinking deeply into the warrior’s thigh. As the dark caster fell backwards, grunting and grasping his effectively severed leg and open stomach Validar said onto him with a spiteful tone “I have walked on shattered glass and lay upon a couch of spikes, I was whipped and cut more times you can imagine – pain is nothing. I have faced demons, I have faced undead…I have faced every kind of monster in existence, and I tell you this, I only fear one thing – Light’s wrath. As should you, heretic!” No sooner was the final word uttered as Validar brought his sword down in another blow, cleaving shadow warrior’s head in two. He did not bother who he was, he did not bother asking questions – all he cared for was a dead heretic.

With thrill and focus of battle over, Validar was now aware of dying legless woman screaming and cursing at his side. He looked down on her and then raised his eyes to the skies, no doubt asking for Light’s guidance. “If you are innocent, I am redeeming you of all the pain and suffering and ushering you into a better world. If you are a heretic, you deserve this”, he almost whispered, and brought his blade down onto the woman’s heart in a coup de grace.

Steam was coming from the blood of the slain in the chill of night, and light of Validar’s blade was finally dowsed, submerging the glade in the eerie darkness. The shadowbreaker fell on one knee, leaned on the sword and spoke “I am the Shadowbreaker, I know no fear but to die knowing that Light’s enemies still breathe, I have no regret but knowing that I can’t vanquish Evil with but a single blow. I did what must be done, o Light, and all praises be to Thee for giving this sound victory to me, the undeserving humble Knight. There is nothing holy, but the Holy Light and no truer teaching than that of Anethion! All praises go to the Light!”
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down