Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The birth of the Chapter of Holy Anethion

+18
Rhygel
Rmuffn
Jehorius
Aadaria-Ioanna
Drustai
Shaelyssa
Mandui
Lavian
Zinkle Figgins
Geneviève
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ron Sexton
Lexgrad
corleth
Sevelle
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Osmand
Melnerag
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The birth of the Chapter of Holy Anethion Empty The birth of the Chapter of Holy Anethion

Post by Melnerag Sat May 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Chapter as an idea first appeared in june two years in the past, so for the sake of people who have been member of the guild at any point in its life, or have actively role-played with Anethioneans, I've decided to do a quick writeup of how it all came to be.

It began with an argument...

I was having a chat with Gahalla and Terenor about elitism. We were discussing if it is possible for a completely new player to rise to prominence and recognition on Defias Brotherhood. So, we have decided to make a little alt-guild together, run a tavern and pretend to be noobs. Sadly it was a month or so before WotLK, and nothing much came of the idea. Wrath came, put role-play on hold for a while, I was busy with our aspiring evil guild <Wraithmark>, and didn't pay this idea any more thought. After a while we got bored of <Wraithmark> and it fell apart, so I've decided to give the original idea Gahalla, Terenor and me had a go. Since I was doing it alone, I decided on a different concept: an empoverished noble arriving to Stormwind with nothing more than a shirt on his back, and attempting to rise to wealth and power, and using his influence to further his own ultra-nationalist, religiously intolerant agenda. So at first it was my intention to begin a kind of political faction, holding speeches and rallies. I've also decided to take everything that comes 100% IC, and to write short stories on my progress.

Future High Inquisitor walks into the bar...

Upon arrival to Stormwind, I thought that it makes most sense to find a job. So I was walking around ICly looking for one. The only thing that was available, was working at the Smoking Blade. So that is how it all started, with Dragomir Iretongue serving drinks. An interesting detail was that at first I’ve intended him as a much ‘softer’ character, and to reflect that he was running about with rather effeminate fluffy golden-blonde hair. Ledgic was constantly buggering poor Dragomir to change style. At last Quinian could stand the ‘gay’ hairstyle no longer and forcefully shaved Dragomir. Ever after he was having short military-like hair. During the time in the blade I got a chance to show the witch-hunting colors: an I-am-evil DK walked into the Blade and started causing trouble, Dragomir jumped him with a torch and set his cape and clothing on fire and chased him off.

Why having two characters is bad!

While working in the bar, Dragomir hooked up with Arador and Grugni. Together with Grugni, he tried to increase his wealth by starting a little trade between Stormwind, Arathor and Ironforge. So we had some awesome RP together, and events of getting the ship, the crew, the contracts. Sadly I was also playing my dwarf at that time, Deigra, and had a –very bad- OOC fall out with Grugni. In fact so bad, that while he didn’t even know I was Dragomir, I just gave up RPing with him and quit the character.

Rhh! I will SHOW you fanaticism!

So I was focusing on Exaythe&Sophyra instead. Somehow I got into an argument with, I think, Phillipus and somebody else, who claimed that it makes no sense for the Light to be all peaceful and soft, and that Light-followers should be fanatical. At that point I grinned, looked back at my RP career on Exaythe and all the time I got OOC criticism for being a softie, and said to myself “Fine, I will give you fanaticism!” So, I’ve brought Dragomir back. Since some time has passed, he got some money from his trading company and was now beginning on his political and religious agenda. For that purpose, I’ve applied for being a judge and began there while looking for a good opportunity to start the witch-hunting. At this point the idea was to have Dragomir lead a double life – a political activist during the day, and a murderous fanatic during the night, prowling the streets and shooting people.

An opportunity presents itself!

I was asked by Axio to expose her as an evil cultist. So, somewhere in june two years back I’ve put on the witch-hunter gear for the first time and walked into the Council meeting to expose her. Doing so has however made me change my plans. Dragomir was intended as a lawful-good villain, events were moving towards being more of a chaotic-good ‘hero’. After being done with Axio, I’ve decided to hunt down Mandui, that WITCH! For that purpose I’ve recruited Aesthetic’s help. To make sure Aesthetic is on his side, Dragomir was indoctrinating him. It went something like that: Dragomir asks a question, and Aesthetic has to give a pre-defined answer. These pre-defined answers were the very first ‘Recitations’.

Chapter of Holy Anethion

Chapter of Holy Anethion was ‘created’ in the cellar of the Slaughtered lamb. Dragomir was hunting Ireth, but was defeated in battle. Ireth towered over the witch-hunter and asked him whom he served. At that point I needed something zealous and pompous-sounding to shout at her. So I remembered the great fanatic guild of the past <The Chapter> and put together two names I’ve just been reading about: ‘Anet’ (old semitic sky-god) and ‘Arianus’ (a theologian from Alexandria) and shouted “I serve the Chapter of Saint Anethion!”. I should not have done that, as ever after I began pondering what is this mysterious Chapter like.

As Dragomir was busy hunting Anaei, he truly failed for the first time, since he did not dare to shoot her and let her escape. So I asked “What would this ‘chapter’ do for failure?” and I wrote the first short-story mentioning the Chapter. It was a shady order of evil-hunters, dwelling in the dark catacombs of Northshire Abbey and led by harsh ‘Abbot Waldemar’.

Dragomir, High Inquisitor of the Crimson Flame?

So, I was wandering about and witch-hunting. Crimson Flame was making a come-back, and one of their officers has told me that they love my role-play and want me to join the flame as their High Inquisitor. Since I was leading Ere Argus, I politely said ‘no’.

Threatened into leading….

Few weeks later, in the early days of july, Jehorius poked me. He told me that he loved my stories and the concept I was building, and asked me if I was planning on making a guild out of it. I told no. Jehorius then said that either I make this guild NOW, or he does it for me. I told “fine, as long as you get the signatures”. Strangely enough, name <Chapter of Saint Anethion> was one character too long to be allowed. I thought of changing Anethion into something else. (especially as I thought it was THE Chapter of Saint Anethion). I’ve poked Fortesgue, and he pointed out that ‘the’ wasn’t needed. So I was only one character too long after all. I realized that Holy is exactly one letter shorter than Saint, and went with it. Jehorius wandered about gathering signatures, while I relayed to him the brief history of the Chapter I’ve had in my head: A visionary half-elven cleric (Anethion just somehow sounded elven…) preaching a religion which is…hmm…fighting evil, working hard, yea something like a mix of Protestantism, Zoroastrianism and radical Islam. He was followed by a guy named Bernard, who has failed utterly, and then by Waldemar, who made the Chapter into what it is.

Witch-hunters!

So, it was the Chapter of Holy Anethion, a small guild containing three witch-hunters. Jehorius, myself and Geldar’s alt. We were still using original Questions&Answers I made for Aesthetic as recitations and were focusing on fighting evil rather than preaching. However I’ve slowly began expanding the Q&A into a more solid body of zealous things to shout. Geldar was constantly bombarding me with WH40 quotes to fuel my inspiration.

They are like holy knights in robes who sing hymns while smiting enemies.

We had an event with the Dark Sphere, and Dragomir attended (before chapter was made). So I was running about, being zealous, shouting zealous recitations and shooting cultists. One cultist was so impressed that he allowed me to perma-kill him and when he discovered that I’ve made a guild, he decided to join. However, he wanted to join on his warrior, and didn’t want to be a witch-hunter. So, we thought a while, and came with the concept of ‘Shadowbreakers’, knights in white robes who sing hymns to the Light while cutting heretics to shreds. Then I asked him if he wanted to be member of the Chapter right away, or be trained ICly. He chose for training. So I also made a rank for fanatics-in-training (Canon), and just put on them all the ‘dirty’ work I thought made IC sense for a religious order. So, thank you Thonian for being the first Canon –and- first Shadowbreaker!

Hate us!

Jehorius and I agreed that chapter should be provocative, and create RP by just being there. So we looked for new ways to annoy the people ICly. Best was our infamous holy quiz: approaching random people and questioning them on their faith in the Light. This was when concept of the Chapter’s first incarnation was set: we would be a guild without events, focusing on creating spontaneous, provocative RP and taking things ICly rather than pre-planning.

Validar, the Father of Recitations

After a while, Validar joined, starting right away as a Shadowbreaker instead of doing training. By this point we had three witch hunters: Joahn/Faral, Geldar’s alt and Jehorius and two Shadowbreakers: Thonian and Validar. Validar and me had similar game-time, and always RPed together, patrolling the city. Dragomir was rather pragmatic, Validar zealous to the bone. So any time I needed him to do something ICly, I had to find a theological justification. So I kinda joked with him OOCly : “I will just write a zealous quote for every occasion!” So, as we role-played together through hell and worse, it kind of came to that: a zealous quote for every occasion. Originally the book was called “Sacred Duty”, but GHI had a bug preventing transfer of long items. So I’ve split all the recitations in three parts…to discover that first one dealt with the Light, second with torture&willpower and third with rather practical aspects of evil-hunting. So I coined the term “Recitations” (since those quotes were meant to be recited at the altar to affirm faith), and ascribed them to three leaders of the Chapter: Anethion, Bernard and Waldemar.

First recruitment post

Chapter was meant to be a small, elitist guild. When discussing the concept with our members, we shamelessly agreed “We should be elitist!” But we needed a preacher. So instead of making an open recruitment-post, we simply advertised looking for a zealous preacher, saying that we recruit one, and only –one- character to the position. Lokik took the offer. On his first mass, Dragomir had to censor and approve of his planned speech. Lokik would preach recitations of Bernard. On last moment he however decided to preach Waldemar instead, bombarding the audience (mostly dwarf) with human-centric quotes. He had started a riot that lasted an entire evening!

First enemy

Who is the worst enemy of stuck-up, shady, zealous and intrusive order? Yep, that’s right, Arathorians. Seiken and Dragomir warred at length. Confrontations on the streets, duels, backstabbing politics. Seiken did win the honorable battles, but Dragomir won at dirty politics. Ever since Chapter and Arathorians were enemies.

Climax of the Chapter’s first incarnation

We had the numbers, we had the influence. It was time to deliver what we promised: provocative RP. Blazing Shields and the Chapter worked on an event together, setting up check-points on bridges and demanding identification of every by-passer and arresting criminals for three days long. Again, Arathorians were the ones who hated it the most! Ha. I personally think the Checkpoints was one of the best events we had.

The End

Ireth was Chapter’s enemy #1, and she wanted to kill the char off. I was preparing to take a wow-break, so we decided to help each other out. Chapter killed Ireth together with Karthan, Geldar , Fortesgue and Eldamar, but Ireth killed Dragomir. Validar became the High Inquisitor ICly, but later on passed the OOC guild leadership to Lokik. Jehorius came back, and his character got into an argument with Lokik, resulting in him splitting away from the guild and creating <Chapter of Holy Bernard>. Not only did we create a player-made religion, but also first player-made religious schism!

Chapter’s second incarnation

My break lasted three months, then I’ve decided to come back in late December. Validar and me spent some time pondering the concept and concluded that second incarnation of the Chapter should be a larger, stronger guild instead of a small band of friends. For that purpose we created the concept of ‘Whitecloaks’, rank-and-file Chapter’s militia. I’ve created the new character, Imanuel, intended as leader of Whitecloaks and we started rebuilding.

Setback!

Nobody has informed me, but Chapter was somehow wanted. I never figured out how or why, but during the three months it was outlawed. And what is worse, only half the ministers and half the guilds were aware of that. In the end we were able to resolve it ICly, but the fact of it all has left a nasty scar on Chapter’s collective consciousness, and we were mistrustful of the Council ever since.

White Cross rising

Januar was a good month, Farglade joined and took control of the Whitecloaks, doing a tremendous job on recruitment, while Validar did superbly as the High Inquisitor. We were low on priests, but Lokik could start a riot with a single word, so that was not an issue. Here I have to thank Berathil for being so crucial for Shadowbreaker concept, as he served as a role-model and inspiration.

Delivering on an old promise?

The basic value of Chapter’s concept remained: to provide spontaneous, provocative RP and getting others engaged in it. I was working on a long event to do just that, but was dry on specific ideas. Then one day Feilan rudely interrupted our mass, insulted every member of the Chapter in the room and flaunted his powah in our faces, swearing to ruin the Chapter. We were OOCly so insulted, that to this day Validar and I refer to people going on ego-trip as “He is like Failan” and use “Captain of Geldar Angelos” (Feilan’s title) as a name for everybody trying to kill the guild. Regardless, we were so insulted, that we decided to wave Stormwind a farewell and go somewhere else. Pieces fell together, I combined my ideas for an open provocative event with going away from Stormwind, poked Mordazan, and created the Duskwood Campaign on a 3-day-notice.

Climax of the second incarnation

Duskwood campaign was fantastic. I think it was the best Chapter’s event ever. Sadly, it has also shown the weak points in the guild. Unity between Whitecloaks and Inquisition wasn’t as strong as it seemed. Most Whitecloak-characters rebelled against the Inquisition, and guild bled members. There were also good points, which I think testify to the strength of the Chapter’s concept. When Imanuel tried defending Mandui against Berathil&Rhebeca, Berathil arrested Imanuel for heresy. I think it was one of the best moments, showing that concept is so strong that a character can go against the guild-leader when guild-leader is wrong. Last weeks of the event were hard, as Drama began mounting up, and Imanuel-character was heading to his death. I’ve decided to let him go, and make a new character for the Chapter. Since I was tired of romance with Snow, and just to be safe, I’ve rolled a female..and since I was afraid of Farglade starting flirting, I’ve made it an OLD female – thus Ioanna was born.

Emperor’s advice

The guild was falling apart around me, members rebelling, and I didn’t know what to do. So I’ve confessed my troubles to only person on my MSN list who was online and a guild-leader – Shrogan. Shrogan gave me a few advices, and I rolled with them. For a good while ever since, Chapter had weekly OOCly meetings where each member had a say in guild-matters. It worked like a miracle, probably saving the guild from collapse. Another good part, was that members had a chance to discuss suggestions more systematically. It was on Ajina’s suggestion that infamous Religious Obligations were made. So, every time you see an Anethionean kneel down before entering the Cathedral - you have Ajina to thank for that!

Whitecloak Collapse

Whitecloaks thought OOCly that ICly they are an integral part of the guild, and on equal footing with Inquisition&Priesthood. So they refused OOCly to allow Witch-hunters to spy on them and do internal inquisitioning. Inquisition thought the contrary. It came to a show-down when Jehorius caught a whitecloak kissing with a Chapter’s enemy. It resulted in IC and OOC drama, breaking Whitecloaks entirely and causing them to leave the Chapter, and sadly making Farglade leave too. This has put an abrupt stop to our Duskwood-sequel, the Plaguelands Campaign.

Shattered Dreams

Perhaps I am known for my enthusiasm and ambition, perhaps not, but this time I let these things take the better of me. I was trying to take the Chapter to take a prominent position among the Stormwind guilds and on the greater role-playing stage. Alliance with the Dwarves was going fine, and we worked on closer ties with Blazing Shields, Stormwind Intelligence, Holy Lightbringers and the Disciples of Light. Everything was going according to plan. Sadly, Blazing Shields had several changes of leadership, each accompanied by internal ‘revolution’, meaning that they had barely enough time and energy for own guild, let stand for RPing an alliance. Some Disciples of Light dislike the Chapter OOCly, and threatened to g-quit if alliance went along, and Disciples too had several changes of leadership. Only thing we could barely keep doing was hunting Crimson Flame together and holding training exercises together. Stormwind Intelligence, Holy Lightbringers and the Chapter made an IC political alliance, agreeing ICly on set of policies and values and putting Maelmoor on the council as joint representative. In time, Jayse took over the SI:7 concept and ‘broke’ the deal as indeed it makes little sense for SI;7 to participate in those matters. Aspirations of a great alliance of guilds were broken.

Crushed pieces of shattered dreams

Ajina, Partridge, Phillipus and myself were working hard to keep the guard-training going. At one council meeting, Darothar decided to get back to doing his Minister of Defense duties which resulted in an entire project falling to pieces, as with active Minister of Defense the disciples and the shields no longer were that eager to work with the Chapter. Of course, this resulted in some OOC anger in the guild. At last, we tried our last and desperate move to hold onto the aspirations by putting Osmand on the council. He got an illegal Trial-period due to Mandui not being around to vote ‘no’. He spent one week doing some work with Jeanpierre to prove his worth, but was kicked out of the council at the end of the week. This has caused a complete fall-put between the Council and the Chapter on rather bad terms, as all our members were outraged OOCly. Maelmoor was kicked out at the end of his trial-period of four weeks.

Failed guild-leader

Aspirations of the last half a year were broken, all IC and OOC work undone, and Chapter was left standing as, ironically, THE evil guild. We couldn’t preach on the streets without angry mobs attacking us, former Whitecloaks were waging an IC and OOC crusade against the guild. Our own members began ‘derailing’, going full-fanatic in broad daylight, only adding to hatred and troubles. I didn’t know where to go, and could not lead the guild. With a horrible bitter taste of utter defeat, I gave the leadership to Jehorius. After a month, we came together to discuss a reorganization of the Chapter, preparing for Cataclysm, moving to Crusading in the north, getting rid of the Abbot and changing the concept. To allow for that, we began on an IC plot of a schism between the Priesthood (led by Ioanna) and Inquisition (led by Jehorius) after the Lectors failed to elect the 3rd abbot after Waldemar’s death.

The last chapter?

Event went fine, brother fighting brother. There was also an unexpected IC plot-twist of Lectors electing Lokik the 3rd abbot and demanding Ioanna’s and Jehorius’ faction to lay down arms. Sadly the next day Stormwind and Ironforge were rocked by epic drama. For an unknown reason the Ironforge Senate has rebelled against Drengi&Gogol, while the Stormwind Council has (as it turned out later accidentally) outlawed the Chapter. The idea was for Geldar&Omanos to arrest Jehorius and his henchmen attending the Council-meeting, but when giving order they shouted “Arrest them all!” which the guards interpreted as a signal to arrest –every- Anethionean. Before anybody knew, drama erupted, and Lokik left the game. Jehorius was not ready to handle the new situation, and has decided to leave the Chapter as well. I was busy discussing Chapter’s disbandment, and arranging good places in DoL and Blazing Shields for chapter-folks when Osmand stood up and said he was ready to take the guild. So we scrapped the disbandment plans and arranged the Trial.

After the trial

I wasn’t around to observe what happened during or after the trial, but Chapter was cleared of most of the trouble and continued as a small, tight-knit guild under Danic, Berathil,Osmand&Thonian (Anethion bless them!) I thank the four of them for keeping the guild alive when it has been most hard. It would help if any of them could write about this period.

The New Chapter
After a while I’ve recovered from all the drama, made peace with the Coucil and regained some trust in Stormwind’s community. (I admit it was shattered after all the former-whitecloak drama and post-trial drama). I have to thank Jayse for vouching for Chapter’s improvement to the council, and cutting us some slack to rebuild. We have started by re-enforcing the old-chapter iron Discipline to prevent people going fanatic in broad-daylight and causing chaos. We have cleaned up the ranks, officially got rid of Whitecloaks and improved the rank-progression. The Scripture got reworked, cleaning up the Recitations, sorting the obligations and finally writing the long-standing dream-work: The Book of Invocations (one-liners). So, we moved towards a brighter future with cleaned-up guild concept, rising numbers, better discipline and community-approval.

The witch is dead…all of them.

Suddenly the evil guilds fell by one by one, and we were left without role-play. After a short meeting we decided to focus on IC training even harsher and internal Inquisitioning. For this purpose we devised so called ‘Inquiry of Faith’ and had our priests walk around and harass our own members, whipping them into purity and obedience. This move has caused a lot of awesome role-play in-between the occasional heretic-hunt.

The end of my road

After I’ve finished the revised Second Edition of the Scripture and finalized the Inquiry of Faith, I came to realize that I have nothing else to offer. Chapter’s lore was complete and polished; all the events I could think off were old and worn-out, all the ideas I got were the reworks of old ideas. At this point I looked over the Chapter-members, and all the great members we had in the guild, and realized that I am probably holding them back with my ‘old’ ideas and aspirations going all the way back to the first chapter. So, this time in a good mood and in peace, and even better – while the Chapter is active, strong and not in trouble, I’ve handed the reins to Jehorius once more. He immediately began implementing some changes, putting the Inquisition above the priesthood for instance and making the chapter much more militant.

Final words

As the Chapter is nearing 2nd year this July, I wish all the best to its current members and officers, and hope that they will continue improving, innovating and experimenting as the Chapter has always done in the past two years. Leading the Chapter was the first time I’ve managed to lead a guild with some success, as my old attempts either died or were taken over by others entirely (thank you for taking good care of Ere Argus, Sanara!)

There is still unfinished business in the Chapter that bothers me, as I’ve never been able to devise an ultimate trial of faith that would make life hard for infiltrators and weaklings, or never managed to make the Chapter –THE- human guild, or failed to spread Anethionism outside the Chapter.

When it comes to guild leadership, I have to thank Ataris for being my role-model ever since I joined the Dark Sphere six years back. It is due to you that I’ve always tried to dedicate myself to open role-play and open events. Members of <Shade of Dawn> guild on Ravenholdt server, for being in the first ever guild I’ve made and teaching me a good lot about leadership, Co-leaders of Wraithmark with whom I had a chance to work and build a guild-concept heavy on lore, Maelmoor for giving valuable tips on keeping a guild stable (Holy Lightbringers are like 6 years old, and never died!) and Shrogan by opening my eyes to the fine details of guild-management.

So, thanks to all the people who were member of the Chapter, assisted in its running and creation, or acted as its friends or enemies. And even those who unknowingly and perhaps unwillingly helped shape the guild!

And to all the people who will hopefully one day join the Chapter, get their hands on the Holy Scripture and hear tales of old triumphs and defeats - now you know that it was not all created overnight by me sitting in some basement, but evolved over two years with contributions and influences from many people. It is an impossible task to give proper credit, but I will try:

Recitations : mostly created between Validar and me, first created in order to indoctrinate Aesthetic
Religious Obligations: created by me on Ajina's request and with a lot of contributions from Ajina and later Corleth
Prayers: created entirely by Corleth
Bane of Heresy: Created by Jehorius
Invocations: created by me on Validar's request
Shadowbreaker concept: first created by me, since then entirely rewritten and much improved by Thonian, Berathil and Validar
Thaumaturge concept: almost entirely defined by Kristia and Joatrick
History: written by me, reviewed and corrected by Berathil
Witchbane: written by me, inspired by Validar's tales of Warhammer (fantasy and 40k) Inquisition
Whitecloaks: almost entirely defined by Ajina and Farglade
Ceremonies: inspired on ancient ceremonies held on Sundays by Tynian

...and countless masses, speeches, pamphlets, essays, 'illegal recitations' and zealous exclamations written by too many Anethioneans to mention. You know who you are!

FAITH SHALL OVERCOME!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

The birth of the Chapter of Holy Anethion Empty Re: The birth of the Chapter of Holy Anethion

Post by Osmand Sat May 28, 2011 12:57 pm

After the Trial

Due to peoples reactions to our judgement after the trial there was a lot of OOC dislike and mistrust. People generally didn't want to RP with us and when they did it was to let us know how much they disliked us. I found myself unable to deal with leading a guild at this stage only about 3 or 4 active members and deal with the general bad feelings I was getting from the community. So a small while after the trial I left to join the Disciples of Light. The real praise for the time after the trial should go to Berathil( Velltrick), Thonian and Danic. Those guys really kept the guild going and I have the utmost respect for them for doing it.
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet
Name: Brother Osmand Lightguard
Title: Abbot

Back to top Go down

The birth of the Chapter of Holy Anethion Empty Re: The birth of the Chapter of Holy Anethion

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat May 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Epic guild...best guild...and congratulations!
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 28, 2011 1:02 pm

Helsythe wrote:Epic guild...best guild...and congratulations!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevelle Sat May 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Ah, nostalgia! Many thanks for writing this.
Sevelle
Sevelle

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Sat May 28, 2011 1:06 pm

Praised be the Holy Light, the illuminator of the world; and praised be holy Anethion, Light's humble envoy, the illuminator of men!

I loved reading this! Made me feel all warm and fuzzy. How I would have loved to have been there with Dragomir and Validar patrolling the streets.. or when Berathil arrested Imanuel for heresy! Razz
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat May 28, 2011 1:14 pm

I dont think I was about for all of this. Personally I love the chapter. Dreth Is most likely going to convert at some point (until he finds out what you are anyway XD) And Abbot Midhal wants nothing more than to hug you all and get you to put down your swords.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat May 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Imagine a plot of Corleth going back in time, and ending up having his drink served to him by Dragomir with his girly, fluffy blonde hair!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sexton Sat May 28, 2011 1:21 pm

I can't say much more than that I've enjoyed every single encounter with you lot. Aftering reading through the whole topic I must admit that I regret not creating a character for this brilliant guild. Alas, I've always been fond of focusing on a single character when it comes to both roleplaying and other content in WoW. Perhaps if I one day decide to give up my current character... well, time will tell.

Thank you all for creating and maintaining such an epic guild!

Spoiler:
Ron Sexton
Ron Sexton

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sat May 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Most

Epic

Thread

Ever!
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Sat May 28, 2011 3:29 pm

A very very interesting read. My only criticism is something I beg you not to try and correct because it'd take a while, is the tense. The story seems to jump from present to past tense and back again quite frequently. Which makes me wonder if parts of it were written at the time? Or written with the intent of appearing so?

I used to be a really keen wiki contributor back on the Sha'tar so I've already got an IC record of the Seal's progress. But this opened my eyes to the possibilty of an OOC one. But I doubt my restraint is up to the task of reigning in my ego when it comes to objectively reporting on our own drama filled controversies. I'll consider it...

Overall the thread made me think how much of a shame it is that when I rolled Gen she was a die hard Light worshipper with no time for heretics and prophets and their rabid, malcontent, delusional followers because the Chapter really was what I was looking for in RP. But then the Seal might never have made it into being. Which I think would have been a shame, even if nobody else agrees. Razz

The Chapter was and is a really valuable contribution to the server. It shows off the server's talent for ingenuity and hard work really well (protestnat work ethic, anyone? Razz). You should be proud. Smile
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat May 28, 2011 3:55 pm

And yea, tenses might need correcting. I made most mistakes because I am used to be telling those stories in present tense (when discussing it with fellow Chapterites around the proverbial campfire) but intended to write this thing in past tense.

And I mean, if I was not running Ere Argus, I would've said "yes" to Crimson Flame offer of being their High Inquisitor, and the Chapter would not exist either! Or if Jehorius didn't bully me into making the guild.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Sat May 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Nice topic. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Anethionism would become a real life religion on day.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat May 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Wait wait.. So Ireth (Myself) was the reason the name came to be? o.o

Hah, never knew.

Interesting read none the less.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat May 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Yep, it is very possible that without you Eíra, the Chapter would just be an order of witch-hunters/shadowbreakers/confessors without a real separate religion, named something like
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sat May 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Ah, so many bitter-sweet memories resurfaced while reading this. Good times. Thanks for it, Exa <3
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat May 28, 2011 5:29 pm

You can try picturing my OOCl reaction once I learned that Aran shot Mandui with 50+ witnesses....and didn't kill her.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat May 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Exaythe wrote:You can try picturing my OOCl reaction once I learned that Aran shot Mandui with 50+ witnesses....and didn't kill her.

John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat May 28, 2011 5:33 pm

You can picture us all actually.. Big cheesy grin and thumbs up.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sat May 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Smile I still remember the time the Chapter came to Kalimdor and the whole Ireth situation and the fight at the altar. Lots of nice memories and I only wish I could've seen more of the Chapter. I really liked reading your little story thing too, it was super interesting for sure. Wink

<3 You Ex, you were always my one of my favorite draenei (Shae still hates Ex though).
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat May 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Chapter is my favorite Light guild. I just wish I had some opportunities to RP with them. D:

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sat May 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Exaythe wrote:You can try picturing my OOCl reaction once I learned that Aran shot Mandui with 50+ witnesses....and didn't kill her.
He managed to come really close to killing her. Had it not been for a certain precaution I incidentally took a few days prior to that, she would have died. Although I never got IC or OOC warned about it beforehand, I genuinely enjoyed the plot xD
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat May 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Shael should love Exa, Exa helped bring truth and justice and saved Shaelyssa from murdering an innocent.

And it was a great trial defending Aran, how can you even BEGIN defending somebody who shot a minister during a meeting with 50 witnesses!?
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat May 28, 2011 6:32 pm

I guess I still owe you an apology for that one, Mandui ;p But you kicked me right back into the face with Geldar's faceless justice...ouch.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Sat May 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Helsythe wrote:I guess I still owe you an apology for that one, Mandui ;p But you kicked me right back into the face with Geldar's faceless justice...ouch.
xDD Was epic!
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next