Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense.

+12
Broncrast
Lexgrad
Rashka
Thondalar Stormleaf
Ledgic
Anivitas
Feral / Blackfall
Samian/Bismack
Rae Wulfgnar
Vaell
Drustai
Finnabhair
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense. - Page 2 Empty Re: Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense.

Post by Samian/Bismack Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Belserden / Anivitas wrote:
Samian/Bismack wrote:I'm not sure what the IC lesson her would be, nor am I aware that any regiment even encountered any handy cultists?

There should've been no issues to begin with. The regiment should freely be allowed to fly as they please without people bitching and whining.

Feral / Blackfall wrote:
So just take it as an IC lesson, as the original post was IC after all. Now you know that the numbers DoL turned up with will be engaged by the Hand, but the DoL + Regiment numbers, the Hand will not. Because, after all, that is what happened! Smile More info for the next war council meeting!

Metagame metagame metagame Regiment is up in the sky without any aim of actually getting involved other then just having a patrol yet here the disciples and hand are just basing their rp around it.

She is saying the lesson is that the Hand will not ICly engage over the top numbers, which we won't. It would be stupid, dull rp oocly and a spamfest, we engaged 15 people and that was enough. And I don't see why you are saying metagame, considering thats what we were worried was happening, and I'm suprised you can't see why people might think that with the regiment departing at exactly the same moment the disciples were and heading towards Duskwood where we were going to originally fight, I for one accepted it was coincidence, so I don't even get why you started with the negative comments in the first place.

As for your comments on corpse dropping and "meta", the corpse dropping as Feral stated, is done by request, because people want their bodies found, we really don't care about your attention so we are not "whoring" the guild has been around for about four months already. And as for the "meta" its a simple mechanic to actually make the rp interesting rather then having over nine thousand people march down and dog pile us. Most of what you are hurling around is just false accusations and a stream of negativity. From what I've seen it dosen't matter what anyone in this thread says in the form of changing your mind and you are entitled to your opinion.

Anyway, thank you disciples for a very enjoyable event, although I miss my eye.

I'm sorry if I lied, I have no idea when I did and I am also sorry about being negative, that said I am still utterly disgusted by:
And as for the "meta" its a simple mechanic to actually make the rp interesting
It is with a mindset like that which is just horribly wrong imo and if you are not capable of making rp intresting without metagaming please just keep the rp far away from the general community because it is not something that should be encouraged.

I know that rp on DB can sometimes be scarce but thats not a reason to gobble up nonsense if you ask me.
Please also note that I am only speaking on my -own- behalf. As in voicing my own thoughts.
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense. - Page 2 Empty Re: Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense.

Post by Ledgic Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:30 pm

Don't really have much involvement with the Black Hand and whatnot, but, as someone that does RP in Duskwood and has done for a very long time now, I am very put off by the idea of anyone being able to "know" when someone enters the region.

Can't do much but echo Samian's thoughts there.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:18 am

I'm sorry if I lied, I have no idea when I did and I am also sorry about being negative, that said I am still utterly disgusted by:
And as for the "meta" its a simple mechanic to actually make the rp interesting

It is with a mindset like that which is just horribly wrong imo and if you are not capable of making rp intresting without metagaming please just keep the rp far away from the general community because it is not something that should be encouraged.

I know that rp on DB can sometimes be scarce but thats not a reason to gobble up nonsense if you ask me.
Please also note that I am only speaking on my -own- behalf. As in voicing my own thoughts.

I actually agree with you, however ;

The Hand is actually created for the soul purpose of creating RP, we have the full intention of them all dying, but would rather it be an interesting plot rather then everyone marched into Duskwood and swung their swords around there heads, the power of the Reaper is meant to be quite large so as to add flavor, while I know that is a debate within a debate, as some people think everyone should be at the same level, the reaper was made to be powerful, he was made so people would have to think about how to defeat him as he is mysterious, but ultimately he was made to die, while I understand you, and of course you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone, I believe we have handled it well thus far, as everyone that has actually RP'ed with us has had no complaints at all.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:28 am

Ledgic Caan wrote:Can't do much but echo Samian's thoughts there.

Ditto.

And i'd like to disagree on the point of everyone having enjoyed RPing with the Black Hand. I won't name the ones who were involved but some people I know had an unexpected confrontation with the Black Hand and walked away from it with no intention of interacting with them again due to metagaming. That's been the only contact I've had with the Black Hand, indirectly, but it ended very unpleasantly and unsatisfactory for my friends.

Your intentions might be to create RP but, in the eyes of many, it doesn't look good at all.

Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 am

The times I've been with on fights, our pull backs have only been when we IC have -seen- or been told about the amount of people. So as far as I am aware, having a BH alt myself.

Him knowing anyone who enters Duskwood is more of a rumour then anything else as far as I am aware myself (As at least all major run ins I have had a part in, we have seen people IC'ly before pulling out) And the time I knew ooc, but not IC nearly had me trapped between a mashup of Disciples and Freelancers (which was by the way hilariously awesome, and a miracle that I got out of alive. Love you lot for that! Very Happy )

As Anivitas himself just pointed out, he is made to create RP. Me too am aware that my DK is gonna fall sooner or later. Anivitas is powerful, he is mysterious and dammit he scare me even IRL.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:55 am

Farelin/Dijie wrote:
Ledgic Caan wrote:Can't do much but echo Samian's thoughts there.

Ditto.

And i'd like to disagree on the point of everyone having enjoyed RPing with the Black Hand. I won't name the ones who were involved but some people I know had an unexpected confrontation with the Black Hand and walked away from it with no intention of interacting with them again due to metagaming. That's been the only contact I've had with the Black Hand, indirectly, but it ended very unpleasantly and unsatisfactory for my friends.

Your intentions might be to create RP but, in the eyes of many, it doesn't look good at all.

I know exactly what you're talking about, was about three months ago. Still burns my brain, but I'm pretty sure we solved the issue.

And yeah, Sims comment did make me realise, if I need to clarify, the Duskwood thing is not a like a fifth sense.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:20 am

*Bonks head on keyboard.*

Last edited by Arenai on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:02 am

/sigh
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Broncrast Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:11 am

how about locking this thread before more drama and derailing happens?
Broncrast
Broncrast

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:59 am

I) Metagaming, as in making events, inviting people and OOC deciding to avoid a certain number of people to join for the sake of the simplicity of the event is perfectly fine. It is also perfectly fine to metagame to get knowledge your char would normally have but you couldn't find out without it, for lack of time, lack of people, or simply because you have skills that others haven't(capacity to get a smell in order of hundreds of yards, a sensibility for certain kinds of magic, and so on). And this is true for both goodies and villains.
2)That this thing should be pointed out at the next War Council and should be seen with disdain from all other orders/organizatons, the Disciples' stupidity in charging alone despite all the talks and plans agreed with allies, that is, is a must. (speaking on an IC perspective: OOC I was just waiting for them to play the stainless heroes again Smile ).
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:06 am

Hey, we were twice as many as them! Razz
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:33 am

Allonia_Miral wrote:Hey, we were twice as many as them! Razz
xD It's not a matter of the chances of winning, it's a matter of words given to others, and cooperation.

(Yes, I know on both levels that 'cooperation' doesn't exist in Stormwindian idiom, but alas)
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:24 am

Hey people, calm your tits. All in all, those involved in the initial event (Disciples and Black Hand) Had a great run in and fantastic fighting. (From how it seemed to be, at least) I myself enjoyed it so much, even if some misunderstandings caused some sad delays which again echoed into some planned ones were not able to attend. But shit happens, there will be more fights.

We are not immortals as Black Hand. I have two DKs on this realm, both were Black Hand. One of them died to the Disciples. I renamed her, and used her for a while, before contacting the Regiment themselves and planned an event in Stormwind where she had been gripped by madness and went on an npc(and one talked out player) kill-spree, to in the end be taken down by the Regiment. This was loosely planned, and I myself had a -great- time doing that, and I was under the impression that the Regiment as well was happy with it. Might perhaps have been mistaken?

Planning this ooc was of course what one could call meta, but it was meta in a side that was done so it was to be fun for everyone.

It is also meta to say that the good side will win. Its how it always turns out in the end, but where is the fun, the suspension, the irl excitement if the evil-does gets taken down after just a little while? The realm gets boring once more, because we have no big threat to rile up against. (Of course, I am not saying there is not other threats as well)

But the dark, mysterious cultists cause the characters to be anxious to enter, and the danger causes thrill. (My other characters wont touch the place at all, one of them almost killed there)

We don't kill anyone without pre-approval in one way or another. My char have let loose countless of people, and I have shaped her around these reasons so that letting those not wanting to die will not break her character at all.

So please, calm down, take the complaints out of the IC section. The Original post is awesome, an open letter which I think is perfectly IC and fun to read.

I am not the OP here, but I myself would love this thread to be locked, and a possible bitchfest thread opened in the Game related section instead.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:38 am

Simaria wrote:Hey people, calm your tits.

I feel offended by this, as a woman loving individual, I strongly believe in the right of breasts, to jiggle and bounce freely to their hearts or Silicone contents.

This forced sports-bra-strapping of the jiggliewigglies is, simply put: Wrong

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:16 am

Amaryl wrote:

I feel offended by this, as a woman loving individual, I strongly believe in the right of breasts, to jiggle and bounce freely to their hearts or Silicone contents.

XD

As a woman, I have to say that I do actually agree with you.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:35 pm

I think the reason this thread kicked off initially is because I think Farelin felt a bit left out...!

Tbh, I was initially not looking forward to the Regi coming along because it'd have come down to two things. A lot more spam emotes (very hard to keep up with) or two groups splitting up and one group barely getting any notice because it hasn't been pre-planned. They didn't want to come along, things were fun. Let the rest be IC!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:36 pm

Simaria wrote:
Amaryl wrote:

XD

As a woman, I have to say that I do actually agree with you.

... should I expect a article in my morning newspaper about bra-burning in Stormwind?
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2