Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense.

+12
Broncrast
Lexgrad
Rashka
Thondalar Stormleaf
Ledgic
Anivitas
Feral / Blackfall
Samian/Bismack
Rae Wulfgnar
Vaell
Drustai
Finnabhair
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense. Empty Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense.

Post by Finnabhair Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:49 am

A copy of this letter is sent to Gwendelyn Ashborough and to Areyah Conover.

Commodore Conover and Archlectress Ashborough,

I write to you with a deepening concern for the safety of Stormwind's citizens and those faithful to the Light. This evening, information came to my attention that I feel the Council should address very soon.

On the day of January 23rd of this year, Corporal John Ralegh and I followed rumors of an attack involving the Black Hand. We sought out one who was involved in this and, according to one named Venelia Grey, the Disciples of Light were led out of the kingdom by their Chaplain, Rae Wulfgnar. He would not state the reasons for this patrol, but those of the First Regiment--namely a man named Blackfoot--can attest that the Disciples encountered ten guards of the First Regiment, mounted on gryphons as they travelled through Duskwood. The Disciples did not ask for their assistance as they pushed on to Deadwind Pass.

According to Miss Grey, they were then ambushed by the Black Hand. Miss Grey then realized that her former lover and fiancée, Nasheli Darkchaser, was among those of the Black Hand. The Disciples were set upon by arrows. At this point, the guard known as Blackfoot arrived and interupted Corporal Ralegh's meeting with Miss Grey. He demanded to know what had happened to Miss Darkchaser and, upon learning that her ashes were left behind in Deadwind Pass, he announced that he would be going back to Deadwind Pass to retrieve those ashes and that he would bring Miss Grey with him.

As Archlectress Ashborough may be aware, it is not the first time that Rae Wulfgnar has taken it upon himself to lead others into danger. During my residence among the Disciples at the Westbrook Garrison, Sir Wulfgnar was punished by Sir Beladon for having placed others in danger by leading them rashly into battle against cultists. It seems Sir Wulfgnar has not learned his lesson and is placing the Disciples in danger once more, seeming to take this situation with the Black Hand far too lightly.

In addition, it was made very clear at the war council meeting that, somehow, the leader of the Black Hand knows when people enter Duskwood. To have taken a force into Duskwood despite having known of this rumor might well have been intentional to trigger a response from the Black Hand, if this rumored ability does exist. This is mere speculation but casts this mysterious mission into a very suspicious light, considering how insistent Sir Wulfgnar was over the Black Hand's abilities.

This, then, is my recommendation, Light willing: Excursions or patrols that go beyond Elwynn Forest by organizations (guilds, clubs, orders, etc.) affiliated with Stormwind and its council or the Cathedral should first obtain permission from the Council, as the security of the citizens and the Faithful are being placed at great risk by the rash actions of certain leaders. According to Miss Grey, Sir Wulfgnar would not share his reasons for leading the Disciples into Deadwind Pass and this, in itself, is suspicious conduct. In addition, the man known as Blackfoot would not consider the dangers of travelling to Deadwind Pass and is currently also endangering a Disciple by forcing her to show him where the body of Miss Darkchaser was burned.

During the war council that took place to address the situation of the Black Hand, it was made very clear that those invited to this meeting were expected to work together. The Disciples (namely Sir Wulfgnar) have made light of the true danger that is presented to us. I ask that the Council seriously consider the safety of its citizens and if the Chaplain will not strive to keep the worshippers of the Light safe under his watch, then this Shadowbreaker will certainly speak on their behalf.

May the Light watch over us in these dark times.

Sincerely,

Shadowbreaker Farelin Kierstad
Chapter of Holy Anethion

Last edited by Farelin/Dijie on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarified a thing or two.)
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense. Empty Re: Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense.

Post by Drustai Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:33 am

To Shadowbreaker Farelin Kierstad. From Areyah Conover, Minister of Defense.

Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense. Stormwind_64

Ministry of Defense
THURSDAY, Jan. 24th. [30]

While I understand your concerns with private excursions, Shadowbreaker, I am afraid that this is not something we can restrict on a global basis. Private organizations, such as guilds, militias, and orders, do not fall under the Council in such a capacity. The only way we could restrict access to Duskwood in such a manner would require us to to declare martial law in the region (which would require the collapse of Duskwood's ruling nobility and governors) or otherwise convince the governor of Duskwood and his vassals to agree to restrict access to their territory (an unlikely prospect, and not something the Stormwind Council can simply order). And while the Disciples of Light do fall under the Ministry of Defense in light of their duties as a Stormwind Guard organization, and therefore we could order them to withdraw from Duskwood operations, we do not believe this necessary. They are Stormwind guardsmen and know the risks.

Ultimately, the direct management of Disciples of Light operations is the discretion of their commanding officers. Issues with a specific member should therefore be taken to their immediate superior, not to the Minister of Defense (and especially not the Chairlady of the Council, whom has no authority over security matters). Therefore, if you have concerns with activities undertaken by Sir Wulfgnar, I recommend you bring your concerns to High Chaplain Valestrion Drayke, who can more appropriately address your concerns.

On the matter of Lieutenant Blakkrfot (not Blackfoot) venturing to Deadwind Pass in such limited force, this was indeed irresponsible. Again, I will ask that you bring your concerns to his direct superior--Lieutenant Colonel Bismack Bronze of the 1st Regiment.

King's honour,

Commodore Areyah Conover
Stormwind Minister of Defense

Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense. Conovercrestsmall
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense. Empty Re: Letter to the Chairlady and Minister of Defense.

Post by Vaell Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:05 pm

(( We didn't need your help! ))
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:15 pm

(What a glorious set of lies Farelin has created! Suspect )
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:09 pm

((Not lies at all. Surprised If these are lies, then those reporting are the ones lying. She's justt repeating what was stated to her or what she witnessed. Lying is a sin.))
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:39 pm

(( also, just as an ooc note: I'm aware Gwen has no ic power in the Council as Chairlady. However, she is Farelin's superior and that's why she got a copy of this as well. ))
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:56 pm

encountered ten guards of the First Regiment, mounted on gryphons as they travelled through Duskwood. The Disciples did not ask for their assistance as they pushed on to Deadwind Pass.

/who regiment ... omg.. omg.. fk regiment! /y 10 REGIMENT IN DUSKWOOD! Dont metagame us for 1. For 2. Helmut came around, Blackfoot shouted my character responded. Everyone is in full panic because it involved black hand we only went around to pretend we are not ignoring the "cultist thread" in Duskwood, while in reality we just went for a little flight on gryphons not intending any interaction at all.

I personally am not going to take this anywhere ICly, though if you have anything to mention by all means.
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Samian/Bismack wrote:
encountered ten guards of the First Regiment, mounted on gryphons as they travelled through Duskwood. The Disciples did not ask for their assistance as they pushed on to Deadwind Pass.

/who regiment ... omg.. omg.. fk regiment! /y 10 REGIMENT IN DUSKWOOD! Dont metagame us for 1. For 2. Helmut came around, Blackfoot shouted my character responded. Everyone is in full panic because it involved black hand we only went around to pretend we are not ignoring the "cultist thread" in Duskwood, while in reality we just went for a little flight on gryphons not intending any interaction at all.

I personally am not going to take this anywhere ICly, though if you have anything to mention by all means.

o_o;; ...is this directed at me? Because I ICly got this information from a member of the Regiment! D: *meeps!*
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Farelin/Dijie wrote:
Samian/Bismack wrote:

o_o;; ...is this directed at me? Because I ICly got this information from a member of the Regiment! D: *meeps!*

Only the last line.
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Samian/Bismack wrote:Only the last line.

Gotcha. Nope, it's a Farelin thing where she was kinda weaned into reporting stuff to uppity-ups, just in case.
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:25 pm

(Well Wulf never spoke with Farelin on that day and the OOC stuff with the Regiment being there, I had no problem with. I was ready to take it ICly, as spontaneous as rp goes! It was all a giant misunderstanding, Bismack!)
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Rae Wulfgnar wrote:(Well Wulf never spoke with Farelin on that day...)

(( What's that got to do with anything? Do you see written anywhere in that letter "Wulfgnar said this and this"? No, because that's not what the report is technically about. ICly, I received some alarming information about the Disciples of Light and reported it mostly to my superior and included the Minister of Defense as well. And you can't deny that, ICly, Farelin has observed Wulfgnar being punished for running off after Herad and getting people injured in the process.

The content of this report was all based on information collected directly from people or through actual IC observation. So I don't see how our characters not having spoken has anything to do with the fact Farelin obtained this information through other means. Claim it's lies all you want but it doesn't make it any less true that people -did- say the things they did. If they lied to Farelin, oh well! Smile ))
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 pm

(( I've taken it all IC, fair enough the regi showed up but don't beat around the bush with bullshit, Bis! The problem with the regiment showing up was the fact that emote battles can be confusing enough as it is, without adding an extra 10 people to one side. If it had been pre-planned, it would have been a lot easier to manage. A little OOC cooperation goes a long way when it comes to events like these. The Disciples wern't best pleased because it meant their event is not only delayed, but it could be completely changed because the Regiment wanted to get in on the action.

It wasn't a coincidence they showed up.
- I had told Irene (the officer who showed up) that my cultist event would happen after the Disciples have had their event with the Black Hand in Duskwood.
- No scheduled event from the Regi (I was on Kyven earlier) and if you're saying that they just happened to have a patrol somewhere where they go once in a blue moon 10 minutes after the Disciples started their one and officers of the guild were informed about the event... Yeah...
- Forlorn chat was asking why Stormwind was so empty, someone pointed out that the Disciples are all in Duskwood (5 mins after they entered) and a lot of regi guildies are in that chat.

If you used OOC info to come to an event, that's fine, it's just a bit more fun for everyone if people are informed - instead, as soon as someone raised the eyebrow, there was some OOC drama kicking off. The delay caused a few people to have to log early because the event lasted longer than they had thought.

RP is brilliant when spontaneous and the more the merrier usually, but things like DM events and emote fights rely on a bit of OOC cooperation otherwise it becomes a silly spam fest. It was fast paced enough with about 15 people, let alone 25. ))
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:53 pm

don't beat around the bush with bullshit, Bis!
k

I'm not interested in spam, it should simply not be a problem if the regiment one day decides to have a fly about which I personally suggested without any knowledge regarding your event.
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:59 pm

(( I don't care if there was drama, though I did kinda go a bit "wtf?" when I learned the Disciples were heading off after the Black Hand.

Personally, I do think that this event could still have been coordinated to involve more people. Divide the thing into groups, one goes forward, one stays in Duskwood, the other heads off (flies off?) to guard the rear or charge in from the back.

That was the whole thing about the war council, really: to defeat the Black Hand, we all have to work together. I would have liked if others had been involved in this event, personally. I was rather miffed when I heard "The Regiment and the Disciples are going after the Black Hand" (from one of the Disciples, I feel I must add) but when I asked, turns out that wasn't the case at all.

Either way...my report had nothing to do with causing drama or stoking the flames. ICly, Farelin believes it wasn't wise to go off and risk lives when there were plenty of allies to take with them, there's no OOC snarkiness directed to anyone. ))

Last edited by Farelin/Dijie on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:02 pm

We get that you tried to be involved Farelin but people are allowed to have their own events. We merely bumped by coinsidence
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Samian/Bismack wrote:
don't beat around the bush with bullshit, Bis!
k

I'm not interested in spam, it should simply not be a problem if the regiment one day decides to have a fly about which I personally suggested without any knowledge regarding your event.
(( Alright, no spam. No argument. It's considered IC. Excuses aside, if there had been more cooperation - there would have been more rp for everyone. This wasn't some wide scale attack on the Black Hand, it was a small force following their character's motives. More people lost out on some fun RP because some people wanted to become the Avengers.))
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:23 pm

((While everyone makes good points, bear in mind that ICly the Hand responded to the two groups being there together, by leaving, and then ICly engaged a -single- group when it split off.

So just take it as an IC lesson, as the original post was IC after all. Now you know that the numbers DoL turned up with will be engaged by the Hand, but the DoL + Regiment numbers, the Hand will not. Because, after all, that is what happened! Smile More info for the next war council meeting!

As it stands, DoL provided great, drama-free fun, everyone was friendly and efficient, and we--the Hand--didn't run into/have issues with Regiment OOCly in the end, at all. ))
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:54 pm

I'm not sure what the IC lesson her would be, nor am I aware that any regiment even encountered any handy cultists?

There should've been no issues to begin with. The regiment should freely be allowed to fly as they please without people bitching and whining.

Feral / Blackfall wrote:
So just take it as an IC lesson, as the original post was IC after all. Now you know that the numbers DoL turned up with will be engaged by the Hand, but the DoL + Regiment numbers, the Hand will not. Because, after all, that is what happened! Smile More info for the next war council meeting!

Metagame metagame metagame Regiment is up in the sky without any aim of actually getting involved other then just having a patrol yet here the disciples and hand are just basing their rp around it.
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:01 pm

Ok, good logic. We're allowed to go where we please, if we know OOCly.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Samian/Bismack wrote:Metagame metagame metagame Regiment is up in the sky without any aim of actually getting involved other then just having a patrol yet here the disciples and hand are just basing their rp around it.

Please note from first post:

Farelin/Dijie wrote:it was made very clear at the war council meeting that, somehow, the leader of the Black Hand knows when people enter Duskwood.

But yeah, my point wasn't to say what I said was the -truth,- (edit note - we actually had IC intel, fyi, once you arrived at the ogre mound) it was to say it's one way to take it instead of everyone arguing amongst themselves over what ended up a wonderful event.
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Farelin/Dijie wrote:(( I don't care if there was drama, though I did kinda go a bit "wtf?" when I learned the Disciples were heading off after the Black Hand.

Personally, I do think that this event could still have been coordinated to involve more people. Divide the thing into groups, one goes forward, one stays in Duskwood, the other heads off (flies off?) to guard the rear or charge in from the back.

That was the whole thing about the war council, really: to defeat the Black Hand, we all have to work together. I would have liked if others had been involved in this event, personally. I was rather miffed when I heard "The Regiment and the Disciples are going after the Black Hand" (from one of the Disciples, I feel I must add) but when I asked, turns out that wasn't the case at all.

ICly, Wulf would never ask other groups to join his attack, he knows the Disciples can handle anything and has a low opinion of other orders. He would never ask the Chapter and never ask the Regiment because of the feuds going on. For those reasons, I did not ask other guilds to join in. Secondly, as Feral pointed out. Wulf said several times at the meeting the Black Hand would just flee if there was a large group in Duskwood, so that is the second reason no other guilds were invited. OOCly, I don't have to invite other guilds if I don't want to, I would like the Regiment to come along but because of those two IC reasons they weren't invited. The Regiment patrolling Duskwood was completely of their own accord, it was something I could deal with ICly so it wasn't a problem for the Disciples at all. We were only annoyed ICly and not OOCly.

Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Feral / Blackfall wrote:

Farelin/Dijie wrote:it was made very clear at the war council meeting that, somehow, the leader of the Black Hand knows when people enter Duskwood.

Wow I completely missed that but that is absolutely horrible dropping corpses to whore for publicity then hide behind a shield of metagame Neutral

I'm sorry for derailing so horribly though, I hope there's no quarry's as I personally have no intrest in getting too involved with this cultist happening, but people expect the guard to act, thus we just went for a little fly about Duskwood, I did not expect any interaction.
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Samian/Bismack wrote:
Wow I completely missed that but that is absolutely horrible dropping corpses to whore for publicity then hide behind a shield of metagame Neutral

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the bodies aren't dropped for attention; they were dumped because people -want their bodies to be found.- We kinda have to honor that, but it's been brought up that people want more creative ways to find them, so we'll try for that.

And yeah we had eyes on you guys at the Mound for awhile--we were just across the road Smile
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:07 pm

Samian/Bismack wrote:I'm not sure what the IC lesson her would be, nor am I aware that any regiment even encountered any handy cultists?

There should've been no issues to begin with. The regiment should freely be allowed to fly as they please without people bitching and whining.

Feral / Blackfall wrote:

Metagame metagame metagame Regiment is up in the sky without any aim of actually getting involved other then just having a patrol yet here the disciples and hand are just basing their rp around it.

She is saying the lesson is that the Hand will not ICly engage over the top numbers, which we won't. It would be stupid, dull rp oocly and a spamfest, we engaged 15 people and that was enough. And I don't see why you are saying metagame, considering thats what we were worried was happening, and I'm suprised you can't see why people might think that with the regiment departing at exactly the same moment the disciples were and heading towards Duskwood where we were going to originally fight, I for one accepted it was coincidence, so I don't even get why you started with the negative comments in the first place.

As for your comments on corpse dropping and "meta", the corpse dropping as Feral stated, is done by request, because people want their bodies found, we really don't care about your attention so we are not "whoring" the guild has been around for about four months already. And as for the "meta" its a simple mechanic to actually make the rp interesting rather then having over nine thousand people march down and dog pile us. Most of what you are hurling around is just false accusations and a stream of negativity. From what I've seen it dosen't matter what anyone in this thread says in the form of changing your mind and you are entitled to your opinion.

Anyway, thank you disciples for a very enjoyable event, although I miss my eye.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next