Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A letter to the Minister of Justice, the Minister of Defense and their respective assistants

2 posters

Go down

A letter to the Minister of Justice, the Minister of Defense and their respective assistants Empty A letter to the Minister of Justice, the Minister of Defense and their respective assistants

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Honored ministers,

It is with great fear I, Jonah Dwyburn, write to you.
Fear of what? You might ask, for my my own position? For my own life? For the future of the organization that I am currently leading? No, honored ministers, fear for the very future of our Kingdom. Stormwind is in peril, ministers, and it is time I share a proposition that has been on my mind for quite some time, and while it may not be able to save our Kingdom as a whole, it will buy Stormwinds finest the time they desperately need.

The Alliance is at war, and none are more involved than the Kingdom of Stormwind, our armies stand bravely in the face of the green demons of the Horde. But as our armies win key victories, losses are taken in our home city. Here on our own land heavy taxation, war and strife is turning a generation of youth towards vandalism, drug abuse and violence. Our prisons are filled up as our adolescents turn towards a life of crime. As our noble guardsmen get swamped in work one thing is clear: We can't go on like this.

Thus I present to you, the Young First-Time Offenders' Rehabilitation Programme, YFTORP for short.

What is YFTORP? With the YFTORP-programme, young criminals, hand-picked by the guards and jailers for good behavior, get a second chance. Strict discipline, hard work and guidance from personal YFTORP-sponsors are keywords to how I mean to succeed. By giving young, regretful criminals a way out we will not only rehabilitate offenders from being liabilities to being assets to the Kingdom, we will save the guardsmen of our beautiful city hours of work, and save our citizens from horrendous future losses.

Each youth will be placed within a sponsor organization, where he'll recieve a personal YFTORP-sponsor. This sponsor will function as a mix between a parole officer and a mentor, and will guide the offender in his new daily life. The offender will serve within the organization until his behaviour is normalized, for a pre-determined minimal time at least. Once this time expires, the offender will be offered a real contract within his sponsor organization, but will be free to choose his own way in society. If the offender fails to comply to the terms of this sponsor organization, he'll be returned to jail where he'll serve the rest of his sentence.

Will this really work?
Yes. Young criminals are not as thoroughly corrupted as their older co-workers. Their acts of crime are often explained by sheer frustration at a meaningless life situation, many orphaned, grown, but not enough to be allowed to serve in our armies, despite an all-out war going on. With correct tution, hard work, predictable boundaries, meaningful work, positive sozialising within a law-abiding group, progression and a sense of coping with their life situations, these youngsters may become true assets to our majestic home city and Kingdom. They just need a second chance, with careful oversight and correction.

I offer my own organization, the Freelancers as the first sponsor organization, where I personally will see to it that these young first-time offenders are returned to the ways of the Law and the Light.

King's honour,
Jonah Dwyburn
Director of the Freelancers.

(Yes, this is a private letter posted publicly, but hey, it's more fun this way. And Braiden, you'll know where I'm headed with this.)

Back to top Go down

A letter to the Minister of Justice, the Minister of Defense and their respective assistants Empty Re: A letter to the Minister of Justice, the Minister of Defense and their respective assistants

Post by Braiden Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:24 am

((There shall be a response soon enough, not to mention some consequence displayed at next council meeting. Let the games begin my friend.))
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

A letter to the Minister of Justice, the Minister of Defense and their respective assistants Empty Re: A letter to the Minister of Justice, the Minister of Defense and their respective assistants

Post by siegmund Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:03 pm

((YFTROP, sounds legit... Can't wait how it turns out.))
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:14 pm

(Although I do have a specific agenda bringing this up right now, a programme like this could work as a plot hook for getting unwilling prisoners off the hands of a city guard that doesn't really want responsibility for the person.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down