Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Two Weeks of MoP - Keep Roleplay alive!

+23
Thrakha
The Z
Raenmar
Grim
Amaryl
Lexgrad
Seranita
Kozgugore Feraleye
Dréfurion
Humphry
Bloedneus
Tuomas/Decurius
Ixirar
Zinkle Figgins
Khrona Lockheart
Sohan
Magaskawee/Anaei
corleth
erwtenpeller
Vaell
Coppersocket
Thelos
Melnerag
27 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

First Two Weeks of MoP - Keep Roleplay alive! - Page 7 Empty Re: First Two Weeks of MoP - Keep Roleplay alive!

Post by Thrakha Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:06 pm

I'm a little late to this bizarre little party, so I'll make this brief. I'm not posting this to argue with anyone and I don't intend to engage if anyone does argue, nor would I encourage other Marauder players to do so. This is for information and clarification only.

The Shatterskull Marauders are mostly in Pandaria, ICly, on assignment to further Horde aims in the newly-discovered continent.

We got there by a variety of means.

Individual Marauder players may opt out or delay their IC arrival as they choose, but that's up to them.

Please don't waste your time by making an argument over this, on either side. We've given it some thought, and we believe that this is reasonable and that our opinions are as good as yours' on the matter.

If you don't like it, I don't really care. Not my problem. This is what we're doing, and that's that.
Thrakha
Thrakha

Back to top Go down

First Two Weeks of MoP - Keep Roleplay alive! - Page 7 Empty Re: First Two Weeks of MoP - Keep Roleplay alive!

Post by siegmund Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:18 pm

First Two Weeks of MoP - Keep Roleplay alive! - Page 7 Wowscr14

Me and chen built a small memorial.

R.I.P. Non-Drama

Of course it was OOC, had a beer and talked about stuff.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Coppersocket wrote:
Humphry wrote:"Hey, just wondering, how would Humphry even be anywhere near Pandaria so soon?"

"Lol because I wanna be so he's there!"

This seems to be the assumption you've made about every person that has a character there, and are indeed so very hostile about it.

"Hey, just wondering, how would Khrona even be anywhere near Pandaria so soon?"

"Oh, because he's part of the kor'kron. My guild rped boarding Hellscreams Fist and crash landing, our coms losing signal in the mists, even one of our members M.I.A as they are leaving for a few months. It's been rather exciting."

A perfectly valid reason for a character to be there, which shows the thought and "Love" that has been put into it to make their reason genuine.

See how that works? You ask, you know. There's no need to become so hostile and aggressive towards the people who are ICly in Pandaria as a whole.
What? Sorry, what? You're trying to put words into my mouth now? Great. Lovely.
If you didn't notice, I did actually tell our friend Khrona here that his reason was very much solid? Perhaps you need glasses?
I am not trying to tell people that "You cant RP in pandaria because I say so." Fucking hell.

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, that little quote was simply an example of two answers you could have gotten if you'd taken the time to ask people if they had a reason for their character to be there or not, instead of just assuming none of them doing and getting so worked up about it. I used Khrona's reason to be there as an example of a good reason someone may have to be there because well his was pretty much the prefect reason. I did -not- claim you thought it was a bad reason, or a good reason, in fact I did -not- claim you had any feelings upon that particular reason at all. Like I said, they were both two example conversations of what could have happened if you had bothered to ask people why their characters were their and how by asking you would know if they had put any thought or reason into it at all. It also worked to show how your statement about not caring why they are there but indeed you are bothered if they do not have a good reason was contradictory. So in short, no I do not need glasses, but perhaps you should ensure you understand what someone has said before getting yourself all worked up over it.

I do like Zinkle's idea about organizing some small events for peoples preparations for heading out. However I do believe Erwtenpeller has a very valid point there that Blizz may not ever clearly state in any patch that various adventuring groups and the like have made their way out to it. So I was thinking, for those of us that want a reasonable time frame to work towards for when we feel the masses would feasibly head off there, we could as a community talk about this and try to come to some "realistic" point that we can all agree upon?
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Coppersocket wrote:
erwtenpeller wrote:This I find just down right offensive.
Because you take it personal. It's rare I speak about these kind of things against or with a singular person in mind.

I wonder how come...

Oh wait, here it is.

Coppersocket wrote:

I think I heard Lion's Pride Inn wanted you back, Deli.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:09 pm

So yes, I'm just another player paying a subscription, but we're all just critics plying one. I don't know what the "you're a nobody." thing is, some sort of self-righteous underdog statement. Brilliant.
It is just an obvious understatement. Unless you get from Blizzard an Academy Blizzrd award for best roleplayer, you have no titles to judge, or to state things about other roleplayers or even rate them. In a personal 'rate scale', yes, of course you can, but say 'this is a bad roleplayer' publicly as a matter of fact well, you can't, because, though however seasoned roleplayer you are, though how much you could have written or even trained in acting-writing-improvisating, you have no authority to say that. Sure, I have my thoughts on who, for me, is a bad or a good rper. But sure I won't say that X is a bad rper, even if for me he/she is.

But on topic, yes, Copper has jumped the gun a fair bit but belittling him after he has insulted you is just as offensive. Talking down to him like a child is worse than being called a wanker/shitstain/bastard so don't act like white knights. I agree, Copper was unnecessarily insulting, but everyone who responded acted just as bad.
I did not belittle Copper. I have no right to do that. The only times I used swear words were a 'hell' referred to a generally meant 'you'(means everyone, not a specific you, Copper, Vaell, or whoever), a 'damn', said in caps in a sentence when I proved that the idea of having just three SI:7 on the skyfire was absurd and lore breaking, and a 'bullshit' just up of it, underlining Copper's adfirmations were wrong.

Who's read the topic knows instead that I mostly agree with Copper on the matter of the 'commoner being on Pandaria'. And I think I was clear enough on that regard.

And, another thing.
Point taken, thus why I clarify myself, and actually apologize for my previous behaviour.
If I look back at the previous posts I've made it was extremely hostile, yes. Needlessly so.
I'm not trying to cover up anything, just saying I believe I went too far, and the point I was trying to make was lost in both lack of information on my part, and the general bad habit of playing with fire.
My bows to you, Copper. It's not always easy to admit mistakes, and apologize. My compliments. (No, there's no sarcasm or irony, I mean just what I wrote).
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:21 pm

I just saw an npc gnome from explorers league in valley of four winds.

Other than that, yeah, have thought out reasons to be where you are, and speak nicely to eachother /nod.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:30 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:The thing is... Who sais 5.1 is going to say the common people are flocking to Pandaria? What if they don't ever?
Good point actually, but since the war on Pandaria is supposed to escalate patch after patch I guess we'll eventually know what's going on (let's hope soon).
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:49 pm

It always sucks when you miss a drama thread and have 11 pages of reading to catch up on.

I agree with things on both sides, but there's absolutely no point in even trying to add to this at this stage. It's slightly off topic But I would like to say one thing...

Saw a few people talking about elitist people telling you how to RP. Don't confuse people who post alot on this forum as the people who you have to obey. I get the impression newer members see people with big post counts and take it as these people are in charge, or at the top of some heirarchy which they're not. They just have a louder voice. This is a forum and all anyone can say to you is what they think. This includes me of course who even if there was some DB illuminati would have no part in it Razz

Anyway, I'll be partying at the Peak of Serenity for the forseable future, see you all in Panda Land <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:04 pm

It is just an obvious understatement. Unless you get from Blizzard an Academy Blizzrd award for best roleplayer, you have no titles to judge, or to state things about other roleplayers or even rate them. In a personal 'rate scale', yes, of course you can, but say 'this is a bad roleplayer' publicly as a matter of fact well, you can't, because, though however seasoned roleplayer you are, though how much you could have written or even trained in acting-writing-improvisating, you have no authority to say that. Sure, I have my thoughts on who, for me, is a bad or a good rper. But sure I won't say that X is a bad rper, even if for me he/she is.
This is just unbelievably stupid, I'm sorry. So someone experienced in a field can't make judgement on someone in their field of experience? I don't even know where to start with this. I'm sorry, but yes, I hold no "RP Judge" title, but I can still pick a bad role-player from a good one. That is just common sense. I don't mean to be a dick, but I just couldn't avoid it in this case! Role-play, like anything, you can be a critic of. So I can't say I don't enjoy a film because I am not technically employed as a film critic/judge?

Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Humphry Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Vaell, I think what he was trying to say was more along the lines of you can have your opinions on someone as a Role Player, but they are just that, your personal opinions and not some be all and end all ruling on a person. I mean hell we all make our own opinions on other RPers, be them good or bad, it's only natural. But that's all they are, our opinions. No one persons opinions is more valid than another's in this scenario.
Humphry
Humphry

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Humphry got exactly what I meant. Of course you can have your opinions, and even of course you have them. I stated:
Sure, I have my thoughts on who, for me, is a bad or a good rper. But sure I won't say that X is a bad rper, even if for me he/she is.
There is a difference to state "X is a bad rper and "X is person who roleplays in a way I don't like/suits me/makes me think he's a bad roleplayer".

In the example of the movie, of course you can say you didn't enjoy it. But, as said, to say 'I don't enjoy X' is different from saying 'X sucks'. In the first case, you state an opinion, respectable or not, well informed or not. In the second case you make your opinion universal, and state it as a fact. And the second is wrong, in my opinion. For the simple reason nobody here has the title of 'greatest roleplayer(or in the example, moviemaker) of the world'. And this is said by a person who roleplays almost every day, who tries to be as much consistent as he can with his chars, and took the time to check the lore touched by any of his char's backstories, other than studying literature in his freetime.

TL,DR: Stating opinions is right, stating opinions as facts is wrong.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Paozi wrote:Guys. guys, please stop arguing. From what I've seen, everybody actually agrees with eachother, but due to miscommunications people and poor choice of words people are still at eachother's throats.

Basicly, what is said is:

"If you want your character to go to Pandaria, he must have a good reason, because it is hard to get and stay (alive) in Pandaria".

Nobody disagrees with this, honestly, nobody does. You're always expected to be able to give justifications for your character's actions when called out on it. This is good, normal, healthy, etc. There may be quarrels about what accounts to a reasonable justifcation, of course, there always is and always will be, but this main point remains unchanged: I have seen people argue as if people oppose this particular point, which is blatantly false.

Somehow the argument devolved in people suggesting ways for characters to get to Pandaria and others shooting them down: but this is wholly derivative of the original, solid point that was being made, and frankly not very helpful. I suspect the venomous nature in this thread is what is causing the hyper-skepticism of people blowing any and all suggestions out of the water.

Honestly, we are all in agreement, you are just not seeing it.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:49 am

Vaell wrote:
This is just unbelievably stupid, I'm sorry. So someone experienced in a field can't make judgement on someone in their field of experience? I don't even know where to start with this. I'm sorry, but yes, I hold no "RP Judge" title, but I can still pick a bad role-player from a good one. That is just common sense. I don't mean to be a dick, but I just couldn't avoid it in this case! Role-play, like anything, you can be a critic of. So I can't say I don't enjoy a film because I am not technically employed as a film critic/judge?

You cant judge films dude, you know in your heart of hearts avengers was a really bad movie :p
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:47 am

Lexgrad, trolling or not, you have gone too far with that outrageous statement. Your family will be forfeit for raising you wrong.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:53 am

All i see is everyone making a wall of text for nothing. What is this the new Berlin wall?

I think this topic should return to what it was made for: "First Two Weeks of MoP - Keep Roleplay alive!" OR Locked.

On topic:

Yesterday there was a short event: "Silence for Theramore" basicly a short mass. I thought it was nice to see even a small gathering. I don't mind taking some time off and going to RP at this moment. Though then specific events should be poster here *Sagenod*
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:51 am

Myes I had a little RP-break last night, Scuzy is still in Silvermoon, after all.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:57 am

I did some light role-playing as a Tuishi pandaren, but I am still in dubio whether I am going for a native or a Tuishi. I was convinced of going Tuishi...Untill I set foot on Pandaria and spoke to the natives there!

The only thing that's keeping me in doubt still is how impractical it would be to play a native pandaren. I mean, you don't really have any incentive to leave your cozy villages, nor Pandaria at all for that matter.

It's a tough decision!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:01 am

You could always be that one native pandaren whose farm gets plowed by silly bunny people for the last time, then sees them get obliterated by some cool alliance dudes in plate and goes like "Well fuck this, i'm following that dude."

...It could happen!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Or you know, if the Wandering Isle ancestors craved for adventure, so could your Pandaren, just.. thousands of years too late. Very Happy
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:36 pm

I just decided that fuck gnomes I'm going Pandaren on my monk. Gonna be a native.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:51 pm

The only thing that's keeping me in doubt still is how impractical it would be to play a native pandaren.
There is one way for a native Pandaren to join the Alliance (spoiler for level 89+)
Spoiler:
But other than that, it is a tough decision atm! Wait until Horde and Alliance cause destruction and maybe you'll side with one or the other.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:I just decided that fuck gnomes I'm going Pandaren on my monk. Gonna be a native.

Alliance?

If so, sweet! We've (and with we I mean myself and one other guy) have set up the "Pandaria" chat channel for future usage. I'm seriously considering, since I'm in Pandaria now, to just go with my initial plan of playing a native Pandaren, and it would be nice to get in touch with everyone who is role-playing in Pandaria!

Hm, maybe this could warrant its own thread?

Something like "Roleplaying with pandaren in Pandaria", that has a nice ring to it.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Yep, going to be on the alliance side. Initially I'll be neutral ICly though obviously, especially if there are more natives to RP with!
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:42 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:Yep, going to be on the alliance side. Initially I'll be neutral ICly though obviously, especially if there are more natives to RP with!

That settles it: we'll have to meet up.

Please do me the favor of joining the Pandaria chat channel and add "Paotzi" to your friends. We'll set something up!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:59 pm

It seems the Marauders will have IC kickoff tonight!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next