Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Defias Brotherhood^_^ What do you miss?

+25
Braiden
itsy
Zinkle Figgins
Gogol
Sullee Swiftspeech
Raenmar
Allonia_Miral
Lexgrad
Skarain
Rhavz'amul
Rmuffn
Timna
Gesh
corleth
Raelan
Sorayah
Thelos
Geldar
Sharyssa/Adenah
Drustai
Ledgic
Robi Kaezlan
Vaell
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Aadaria-Ioanna
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hello Defias Brotherhood^_^ What do you miss? Empty Hello Defias Brotherhood^_^ What do you miss?

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:56 pm

Standing at work, being semi bored as there is little customers at the bar at this hour I figured I would entertain myself. There have been threads like these in the past buuuut here is one more:D

Currently there are many ways to contribute to the servers people and its rp.
There are events and plotlines going on. So there is no lack of rp, but!

I want to hear what people miss. In regards of what they want more of here or would like to see in the world of rp on defias that we dont have, or have enough of Razz
For knowing what people miss. We know what we can make more of Smile
So.. Ideas, branstorming. What is it -you- want more of in our roleplay world?

And please do write up if you are horde or alliance when you post Very Happy Just incase.

Last edited by Aadaria-Ioanna on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Hello Defias Brotherhood^_^ What do you miss? Empty Re: Hello Defias Brotherhood^_^ What do you miss?

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Alliance

Well, people in general. I miss the people I consider friends who dashed off to their real lifes. At the same time, I also miss just people, regardless of me knowing them or not. To me, the quantity is lacking. Others may disagree with me, and that's fine. It's just my taste. I am aware you can have alot of fun with just a handful of people too, but I'm the type that fancies large scale stuff way too much. And with large, I mean large.

So basicly...where some people somehow miss quality, I actually miss quantity.

Edit: but I suppose that isn't contributing eh? :p Well for one, I am a firm believer that this website was atleast 1 of the reasons why DB's population diminished. I simply think it created a too big cloud around our community. My suggestion? Delete this cursed website as soon as possible and start using the original forums again.

These forums hold some brilliant posts. Imagine if all of this was out there on wow-europe.com? Imagine how many people it'd attract? Again, I know that quantity =/= quality but I explained myself above already.

I think this is the best advice/contribution I can give. I apologize if you deem it shitty advice Razz I wish DB the best of luck regardless.

Last edited by Crojwin on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Hello Defias Brotherhood^_^ What do you miss? Empty Re: Hello Defias Brotherhood^_^ What do you miss?

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:29 pm

If you could define large scale stuff? Do we speak big events, taken out of the cities, major on going plot lines and what not here? World pvp and the entire big bang?^_^
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Alliance: I miss cultist guilds. We have cultists, yes^^
But I miss tha guilds. The union of a tag that will make me half panic when seeing one Very Happy

I miss being scared Very Happy If you can call it that Smile

I miss more campaigns with the main focus of RP and not with the main focus of world pvp. As with a lot of events involving a lot of world pvp, then people wait for those shirmiches and tends to log another char before and after.

So big events, with the main focus of rp.

Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:36 pm

I eddited my post somewhat. But as for large scale, I'm talking about stuff like Duskwood campaign or Bloodwind campaign. I suppose these are the two most "recent" examples of large scale on my terms.

Or even bigger, AD's campaigns of Twilight Highlands and the AD's borderlands campaign. Such scales are plain epic...
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:42 pm

These forums hold some brilliant posts. Imagine if all of this was out there on wow-europe.com? Imagine how many people it'd attract? Again, I know that quantity =/= quality but I explained myself above already.

That is actually a good idea.. How would people feel about lets say:
Moving all guides. Informative posts of healing, etiquette and the likes out on the big forum?
Or make all out guides and informative posts into at least a public viewable part of our forum? Of course not publicate things like on going events and the like if people dont want due, to the big possibility of having them ruined by massive ganks.
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:53 pm

Alliance:
I want adventure, a bit more of an outgoing fully involved system. I know Aboc held us indoors so that sucks, but larger scale things happening outside of Stormwind would be pretty good.

Horde
I miss House of Sylvanas being active! But alongside that, I do miss more community events. Ones where you can interact with people from all the different guilds.

I'd love to see an Alliance / Horde joint effort, not just in WPvP but sections of the map being in conflict and the guilds working together through mostly rp rather than fully PvP. Though, as I said before, Aboc does put a downer on these.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Alliance
I miss having time to juggle all the RP projects I see in my head Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:19 pm

I miss good ol'fashioned RP that was open and friendly. Where you would say "hello" to those you saw in passing and they would answer, not necessarily as an invite to join them but just because its a natural response. Sadly sadly lacking now. You speak..you get blanked..sad state of affairs "this RP is mine...go away" attitude seems so prevalent. I just miss the characters who arent "Super uber badass cool dudes" Stormwind is infected with them at the moment it seems.
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet
Name: Robi Kaezlan
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Then that is a good thing to change. I must admit not all the times someone says hi I say hi back. Simply due to me having my head elsewhere and autowalking at times. But I shall keep in mind to never not say hi:P Unless my char for some reason of course is in a state of not doing so Smile But.. The way of making less big heroes and the like, more commoners is to rp more of them:P So we all got a bit of work to do there:P
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:53 pm

I think if I had to choose one thing that I've been missing lately it's "All encompassing events". Holding major balls, or charity events or a faire type thing in Stormwind that anyone can attend. They're usually big on the effort requirement, which used to put a lot of people off.

But they're nice, and they're a good way for your characters to meet others from several different walks of life.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:58 pm

"All encompassing events". Holding major balls

totally agree, would be awesome to do
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Balls charity events etc is now noted. I am gonna push a button when I come home form work. Reminding someone who was given a job to plan such a kick in the butt:P As yes.. its been debated icly already:P Then we will see what the person will do. If not, it is still a good idea Razz Which should be done Smile
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Robi Kaezlan Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:03 pm

I know Im relatively new to the server and not accepted in RP circles but please bear me in mind if you need any help with it?
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:07 pm

I miss RP-PvP campaigns. This is a game about war, not about politics or whatnot. I miss going out and fighting the Horde, the aftermath RP in base camp, and the exploration of lands you do not normally use.

I also miss when people actually responded to their surroundings. When a Horde attack, regardless of which guild it is, prompted an IC response instead of, "Oh, they're interrupting our scripted event, let's ignore them."

In other words, I miss the war in WarCraft.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Robi Kaezlan wrote:I know Im relatively new to the server and not accepted in RP circles but please bear me in mind if you need any help with it?

Not accepted? Tsk. Cant see how you are not^^ Feel free to give me a poke ingame missy:P And I will poke the missy about your offer if she havent seen it yet Very Happy (( As I am currently at work feel free to add: Ioanna, Reihna, Cendia to your friend list:P Or send me a pm with your names on:P ))
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:28 pm

Agreed about the big events such as charity balls etc, though I wouldn't mind seeing different types than the usual "party" or "ball". E.g, the tournament will be great and hopefully more to come, but other stuff that includes less "well off" characters.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:13 pm

Helooooooo

<- is planning a large charity/ball/event in which I am planning to include all races, guilds and well... just everyone. Bear with me, I had a lot going on and it will probably happen end of this month or begin September. (Or sooner when my head gets set straight) ^^
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:17 pm

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:Helooooooo

<- is planning a large charity/ball/event in which I am planning to include all races, guilds and well... just everyone. Bear with me, I had a lot going on and it will probably happen end of this month or begin September. (Or sooner when my head gets set straight) ^^

This be the missy I was to kick in the ass to post here:P
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:22 pm

I will say it here because it needs to be said in bold: I MISS THE SMOKING BLADE AND ALL OF ITS STAFF AND ALL THE SHADY RP THAT WAS CREATED AROUND THEM!
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Crojwin wrote:

I think this is the best advice/contribution I can give. I apologize if you deem it shitty advice Razz I wish DB the best of luck regardless.

Agreed.

Lamenting this fact does very little, though.

Just start posting on the Realm forums again. Anything.

Start with small-talk, and work up to the guides.

I am now posting more on the realm forums than I am on these forums and, while I love this community, am finding it very refreshing to be properly in tune with the great variety of players we have on this realm, not just the protected bubble we have created for ourselves here.

Post on the realm forums. Every little post helps. Just be sure not to sink to any trolling or mud-flinging, and keep a positive attitude.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Geldar wrote:I will say it here because it needs to be said in bold: I MISS THE SMOKING BLADE AND ALL OF ITS STAFF AND ALL THE SHADY RP THAT WAS CREATED AROUND THEM!
This is a "What I miss and how I suggest / what I would like to see back." Not a nostalgia thread. If you were doing that, then as a response; The Cartel has what you want.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Vaell wrote:
Geldar wrote:I will say it here because it needs to be said in bold: I MISS THE SMOKING BLADE AND ALL OF ITS STAFF AND ALL THE SHADY RP THAT WAS CREATED AROUND THEM!
This is a "What I miss and how I suggest / what I would like to see back." Not a nostalgia thread. If you were doing that, then as a response; The Cartel has what you want.

The title of the thread is "What do you miss?" Stop nitpicking.

Also, the Cartel does not count, because it does not actually operate its bar nor encourage customers. The Smoking Blade was a major server social location, with actual bar staff, with shady things going on within it between both the owners and the customers.

Last edited by Drustai on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:54 pm

I miss the Winterblades, the Circle of Darnassus, priestess of the moon roleplay and our old ooc channel, and Kalimdor activity in general (NG does not count, I know they are active enough, but needs more variety!)
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Also, the Cartel does not count, because it does not actually operate its bar nor encourage customers, so your point is not valid. The Smoking Blade was a major server social location, with actual bar staff, with shady things going on within it between both the owners and the customers.

I must say though people. If there is any bar being just like that atm.. Still not of course the same, as it doesnt have the same people. Is.. The pig and whistle.

Run by the Blades. And considering the view people have of the Blades I would def say that: yes, there are shady stuffs going on Razz
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next