Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind;A City For Every Race.

+10
Cid
Elízabéth Moren
Ataris
Geldar
Gogol
Etular
Garlokk
Raelo/Lucanor
Gunnell
Gesh
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stormwind;A City For Every Race. Empty Stormwind;A City For Every Race.

Post by Gesh Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:51 pm

With Cataclysm, Worgen will be getting a qaurter built inside Stormwind for them to reside in. I imagine these will be similar to Gheto's tbh. And with the gnomes and dwarves in the dwarvern district, various Nelves in Park, aswell as the fact most of the High elf population being in Stormwind; lore wise atleast.

Maybe it's time we started seeing Stormwind as the Alliance's capital and not just the Humans. I mean, of course. It's human built and the majority of citizens are humans. But because the concentration of Rpers reside there. Surely The Stormwind Council should caiter to the Alliance as a whole and not just to Human matters. It's going to be THE city in Cataclysm. The Dalaran of the expansion. I don't wanna feel like I'm being treated diffrently because of what race I chose, IC or OOC.Thoughts?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Stormwind;A City For Every Race. Empty Re: Stormwind;A City For Every Race.

Post by Gunnell Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:55 pm

This seems to be more of an issue/suggestion with the Stormwind Council to be honest. You don't (In before "I knew that") permission from the Council to try and start up/encourage more multi-racial roleplaying within Stormwind and IC you could just throw an ambassador at them to go on about wanting to encourage 'cultural diversity' (*Shudders*) in the city. Besides, don't the vast majority of roleplayers of all races (Mostly Humans & Female Nelves/Draenei) hang out in Stormwind anyway?

Also, in before this turns into a discussion/flame-war about "Z0MG SW RP SUX U SHUD GET 0UT OF TEH CATH MOAR!!!11!"

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Well, I did point this out to the Stormwind Council. But I also fealt the need to get peoples OOC opinions too.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Raelo/Lucanor Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:01 pm

If I'd be both Geldar and a dwarf, I'd put a stamp of heresy here.

I'm not, so instead I'll just say that I'd prefer rping in a friendly gnomeregan.
Raelo/Lucanor
Raelo/Lucanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Garlokk Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:03 pm

Let the whole thing get swallowed by a volcano.

Garlokk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:07 pm

In my personal opinion, I think people would much rather see more roleplaying outside of Stormwind (Myself, I couldn't give a hoot considering I don't even bother with anything that doesn't involve my characters domains) when it comes to different races given that most non-Human roleplaying in Stormwind just ends up been Human RP only said human being in a Nelf/Draenei body instead.

Stormwind is more for 'general' roleplaying, not specially humans - It's more a case that there are more humans, thus the aparant enthesis. Stormwind has always been 'THE' place for roleplaying (At least, after Auction Houses were added to all cities) with every other locations it takes place in being specific for the race it belongs too (Northern Kalimdor for Nelves, brothels for lesbian Draenei etc).

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Gunnell wrote:Also, in before this turns into a discussion/flame-war about "Z0MG SW RP SUX U SHUD GET 0UT OF TEH CATH MOAR!!!11!"

Garlokk wrote:Let the whole thing get swallowed by a volcano.

Four responses until it started. You people are getting slow.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:09 pm

It's going to be THE city in Cataclysm. The Dalaran of the expansion.

Erm... Stormwind being the Dalaran of Cataclysm? Did you bang your head, or have you forgot already that the Gnomish race are getting a full revamp, their Gnomeregan back and ultra great music for their capital city...? Same with the trolls. Also, now that you mention it, same with Worgen and Goblins.

On the other hand, I fail to see how different Stormwind will be, even with a Worgen District. People, I assume, will still use Dalaran as a Major Hub due to the portals to each city that Stormwind will lack (unless, ofcourse, there is another city with more Portals in Cataclysm than Dalaran has).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

On-topic, however, Stormwind still remains the Human city. Even if they do have various districts, the majority of the other races live in each their own capital cities respectively.
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Gnomergan isn't being recaptured. it's not gonna be a city, just a 1-5 level area.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Etular wrote:the Gnomish race are getting a full revamp, their Gnomeregan back and ultra great music for their capital city...? Same with the trolls

They get the top half back, which will likely be filled with military NPCs/Quest-givers/Everybody on the server who wants to experience the content Same with the trolls. Lets not forget this will likely be phased until they completely finish off the place.

Also, now that you mention it, same with Worgen and Goblins.

Goblins get a tacked on part of Orgrimmar (ALA Dwarven District/Tinker Town, all be it bigger), whilst the Worgen will get Dwarven District 2.0. Gilneas post-Worgen intro becomes a high-leveled phased zone.

On the other hand, I fail to see how different Stormwind will be, even with a Worgen District. People, I assume, will still use Dalaran as a Major Hub due to the portals to each city that Stormwind will lack (unless, ofcourse, there is another city with more Portals in Cataclysm than Dalaran has).

Dalaran is a player-hub, not roleplaying. Same with Shattrah in TBC and Ironforge/Orgrimmar in Vanilla before every city had Auction Houses. Ironforge will likely become the new hub again, mostly likely because of how close it is to the newer, Eastern Kingdom zones (There are no new zones south of Ironforge) unless Deepholm gets portals and Stormwind will more than likely remain how it is now all be it with a few people trying to escape Ironforge lag.

From a multi-racial/'Disverse culture' points of view Theramore (Bias again) is already considered the 'city for every race' from a lore point of view and the main 'connecting' point between all Alliance races (Humans have...well, Theramore. Dwarves/Gnomes in Bael Modan, Night Elves and Draenei in the north). Again, bias.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Etular Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Madel/Vectoria wrote:Gnomergan isn't being recaptured. it's not gonna be a city, just a 1-5 level area.

Where's your evidence because, quite frankly, I have pretty strong (but somewhat unofficial) evidence against it not being a Capital City. The reason I say "somewhat unofficial" is because, although it's not Blizzard-verified, PC Gamer did receive this information from testing Cataclysm content itself. My evidence is found here, more accurately, the caption/image at the top that was directly out of the PC Gamer article. Although vague, it clearly states: "Gnomes may finally be able to reclaim their home as a new capital city for Alliance...".

Gunnell/Graham/Alefadr wrote:
They get the top half back, which will likely be filled with military NPCs/Quest-givers/Everybody on the server who wants to experience the content Same with the trolls. Lets not forget this will likely be phased until they completely finish off the place.

Even if it is phased until the end of the Questline, what difference does it make? It will still be made the new Capital City for Gnomes assuming the quest line ends with it's reclaiming. (Which seems most certain due to this.)

Last edited by Etular on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Etular
Etular

Character sheet
Name: Etular Fizzlebomb
Title: Demonology Student of GAIRDAS

http://www.etular.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:39 pm

I'm for the volcano suggestion.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:25 pm

Surely The Stormwind Council should caiter to the Alliance as a whole and not just to Human matters. It's going to be THE city in Cataclysm.

Ahem, the council caiters to the concerns Citizen of Stormwind as a priority first and foremost, no matter their race affiliation. People who are guests in Stormwind meaning do not live in the lands of King Varian Wrynn are visitors and are secondary priorities when it comes to dealing with their concerns, but SW citizen concerns come first. After all, all other races have some form of goverment representation which could deal with issues they might have.

Stormwind has always been the 'general' role playing area for many years. Considering the facts given about Cataclysm, meaning Varian Wrynn becoming the leader of the Alliance, its obvious that Stormwind will be becoming the Capital of the Alliance. Of course, there are always other hubs with wonderful rp aswell, but Stormwind is the most popular/common/used one over the years and i dont see that changing soon. Hopefully with the new expansion we will get some old places rebuild and some new one brought in for everyone to enjoy.

Eitherway though, i sugest we wait and see what Blizzard is going to do with the cities and territories surrounding them aswell as the lore around them in Cataclysm before we continue with the assumptions.

Last edited by Geldar on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:26 pm

I wouldn't keep my hopes up for Gnomeregan as a capital. They're already redesigning all of Azeroth. Worgen and Goblins are not getting new capital cities. The logical conclusion is Blizzard won't spend such a ton of resources on Gnomes and Trolls specifically.

That said, SW has always, more or less, been the big RP hub on DB. I don't see that changing. Ideally, RP should be everywhere, but we all know that's probably never gonna happen.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Elízabéth Moren Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:59 am

If you really dont think the Council is being fair to all the races, then try and think about how the Chairlady is a spacegoat, if they werent treating them fairly, one damn right wouldnt be in the Council.
Elízabéth Moren
Elízabéth Moren

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:52 am

Council tries to vote her out without her being able to defend herself, so I have to say get out of council before it dishonors you. And please put a volcano directly under SW so we can get lesser emotefights in council.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:12 am

Cid wrote:Council tries to vote her out without her being able to defend herself, so I have to say get out of council before it dishonors you. And please put a volcano directly under SW so we can get lesser emotefights in council.

As i always say, if you do not like it stay away from it and do not complain, as for Mandui`s matters that is up for Theonar and Lilath to sort out internally which is again non of people`s buisness until every detail is sorted OOCly and ICly, and please dont derail the thread further. Unless you have some constructive suggestion/critisism in regards to what the Original Poster inquired, keep your animosities at bay or dont bother posting at all. Smile

Last edited by Geldar on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:18 am

well figure, even if he dislikes it and shares different views, the whole council force'up, compells him join in, in order to try to influence or see whatever the mighty commanders, queens, princesses, Hooved Shadowdevils decide or discuss about. :X
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:21 am

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:well figure, even if he dislikes it and shares different views, the whole council force'up, compells him join in, in order to try to influence or see whatever the mighty commanders, queens, princesses, Hooved Shadowdevils decide or discuss about. :X

No, not really Exilius. No one is forcing anyone, or anything. But clearly if you havent seen yourself there are a handful of posts here which provide nothing but some witty half covered insult clearly targeting this group without reason.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:28 am

I have left my mark, more of us will be coming!
Stormwind;A City For Every Race. Tzeentch_Icon_small
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:30 am

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote:I have left my mark, more of us will be coming!
Stormwind;A City For Every Race. Tzeentch_Icon_small

Stop derailing, if you are looking to increase your comment numbers try the Tzeneetch thread instead.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasjin Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:44 am

Stormwind won't be much different, even with a worgen expansion. The humans will still be as sceptical as they usually are to new races - especially ones that we're from Silverpine Forrest, or the ones that escaped that is.
Tasjin
Tasjin

Back to top Go down

Post by (Goggy) - Exilius Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:57 am

Hopefully it'll be more xenophobic and suspicions around than what there was with all the Death Knights running around on Deathchargers and whatnot at the cathedral, '' I have feelings too! , People like me! , Flower Power!

And Geldar, If i'd care about that, I'd just spam the 5 word story thread ;D
(Goggy) - Exilius
(Goggy) - Exilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasjin Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 am

(Goggy) - Exilius wrote: Death Knights running around on Deathchargers and whatnot at the cathedral, '' I have feelings too! , People like me! , Flower Power!

There is NO reason for Death Knights to be anywhere near the proxicity of the City. They should be with the KOTEB.
Tasjin
Tasjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:32 am

That's a bit too absolute. If I want my DK to go to SW, my DK will go to SW. Razz
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next