Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Public RP-PvP Event] A World of War

+33
Thelos
Gogol
Alasard Tyrian
Catari
Hermie
Sohan
Feeniks
Eloresh
Vashnarz Talonslayer
Skarain
Gilran
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Thrakha
Lorainne/Bridlington
Khendran
Borian
Dailor
Celistra
Sil/Akechi
Dorik Thunderbelly
Grim
Arisa
Celadazar
Kettin
Tealeaf/Laliede
Samian/Bismack
Jeanpierre
Evesia
Coppersocket
Celaraa
Lexgrad
Zouyo
Rargnasha
37 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

[Public RP-PvP Event] A World of War - Page 4 Empty Re: [Public RP-PvP Event] A World of War

Post by Gogol Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:59 am

Rargnasha wrote:Should the Horde win that battle, then I’d see it as the Horde managing to slip inside of Ironforge and loot/raze/pillage some buildings, possibly the treasury, before eventually being routed/retreat from Ironforge and Dun Morogh.

Now, there’s some split opinions about whether or not the attack on Ironforge should even be taken Icly, as Ironforge can easily shut its gate down and become the toughest stronghold known to Azeroth(?), however, on the Horde side we’re having some RP about how to actually get in inside or how to avoid some of Ironforges ‘ major strengths, since the Horde today is a lot more advanced than it was during the second war.

There is many dwarven rp'ers wondering how you would achieve this? You'd dig a hole straight in to Ironforge from the side, or perhaps from the top? Maybe you'd come through underground tunnels? That has been used before, but I believe it was mostly done by Arathorians. And of course then you'd be risking to have your entire army drowned in lava, where you to come up in the Great forge. And having an army climbing ropes down from the ceiling of one of the many halls of Ironforge, meanwhile facing a bullet storm from frenzied mountaineers, and then you have to go back up the same way? I suppose it sounds unrealistic considering the forces there is at bay in Khaz Modan Alliance side vs. Horde. Bunkers, airstrips, Ironforge, Gnomeregan, armies.

Naturally if the entire Horde had managed to pull their armies there, and then constantly be sending reinforcements and supplies it could stand a chance. Would The Orcs, the Forsaken, the Trolls, the Goblins, the Blood Elves, the Tauren fight side by side though? Putting this focus on Ironforge when the world is looking as it does, could the entire Hordes focus be shifted from all other things, spearheading it self.

Rargnasha wrote:Furthermore, I am quite sure that atleast once on this server (back in TBC), there was a Horde attack on IF which got inside and was considered IC (At least by Horde side).
Whether or not this is acknowledged on Alliance side I do not know..

From the majority of dwarven rp'ers I'v spoken they all seem to follow the simple and logical lore, that Ironforge has never been breached.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

[Public RP-PvP Event] A World of War - Page 4 Empty Re: [Public RP-PvP Event] A World of War

Post by Alasard Tyrian Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:12 am

Could go with a Trojan horse style though, instead of trying to beat the defenses, circumvent them... Say.

Sneaks in a few rogue's, not many, team of three maybe. They cut around IF get a lay of the land, where the best defensive position would be if they attack on X route, then set traps/ sabotage the area, a loose bit of brickwork, explosives, etc. So when they charge in, every time they try to set up a wall, it falls as soon as they get it up. Using that method you could realistically take a large fortress like IF with minimal troops.

That said how would you play out the "stealth team's" sabotage, how much can you realistically get away with, with out it being noticed, that's a matter of debate I suppose, still just saying the idea of "Taking" Ironforge isn't that far fetched.

Hell they took the Undercity Razz That lifts killed me a few times and the guards aren't trying to kill me when I go in Very Happy
Alasard Tyrian
Alasard Tyrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 am

Rargnasha wrote:A few quick notes which I plan to write a bit more sometime soon*

Whether or not this is acknowledged on Alliance side I do not know, but if Alliance or Horde roleplayers thinks that this would pull their RP too much in a direction that they do not desire, or they quite simply consider it impossible, then I am –completely- fine with them ignoring it. However, I’d still request that they’ll respect those who choose to brew RP on it.

I highly suggest you take this sound advice to heart. Do the PvP event, and then let those who want to roleplay that the Horde have ransacked Ironforge roleplay that, and those who don't, ignore it.

It doesn't have to be more complicated than that. You don't have to come to some sort of agreement on the breachability of a supposed unbreachable thing. It's not going to happen, so I suggest you leave it.

Last edited by Thelos on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Catari Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:51 am

Thelos wrote:You don't have to come to some sort of agreement in the breachability of a supposed unbreachable thing. It's not going to happen, so I suggest you leave it.

Words of wisdom my blue freind Smile
Catari
Catari

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:57 am

I'm not really supportive of the idea of ransacking cities ICly. Attacking them is one thing, but I wouldn't play for suck high stakes for such little RP.

I'm always charmed by the way victors present their victories so generously as wonderful and unique opportunities for others to play the looser. Oh how wonderful it would be for others to RP being beaten down, the tragedy, the story! The depth of their character explodes beyond measure!
One would almost come to believe they'd have to be grateful for such a generous victor to add depth to one's own character.

How odd... That we so rarely hear such appraisal of the victory from the other side. Perhaps it's not as thrilling and exciting as it's presented? You ransacked our city! The level of creativity takes my breath away!
I can see the background of my character explode with options and ventures never explored before!
Sorry.

I only see this worth of roleplaying out if there's sufficient support from the community to do it. And first and foremost the people most profoundly impacted by it. For me, that means it boils down to TTH and other IF guilds supporting it, or not. Their call.... I'm not RP'ing an IF character, but my character will be impacted severely by it. So they call the shots and I'll play along.

The campaign is doing great and I don't oppose an attack against the city, but to consider it a success in any way would be such a dramatic impact on server lore that you need more than "RP if you want it and don't if you don't want to". If you want this to be supported by the RP community, I also fear it will need more than a bi-weekly event where we, somehow, still muster the effort to get rofl-stomped by OOCers, for show and sport.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Alasard Tyrian Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:44 am

Jeanpierre/Ragnilde wrote:I'm always charmed by the way victors present their victories so generously as wonderful and unique opportunities for others to play the looser. Oh how wonderful it would be for others to RP being beaten down, the tragedy, the story! The depth of their character explodes beyond measure!
One would almost come to believe they'd have to be grateful for such a generous victor to add depth to one's own character.

How odd... That we so rarely hear such appraisal of the victory from the other side. Perhaps it's not as thrilling and exciting as it's presented? You ransacked our city! The level of creativity takes my breath away!
I can see the background of my character explode with options and ventures never explored before!

Aww man, you crack me up 10/10 for the rant Very Happy

But yeah, guess your right blue guy, either ignore it or play along with it, could spin "What if we did this, oh but then this would happen" 's till the cows come home.
Alasard Tyrian
Alasard Tyrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:45 am

Gogol wrote:
Rargnasha wrote:Should the Horde win that battle, then I’d see it as the Horde managing to slip inside of Ironforge and loot/raze/pillage some buildings, possibly the treasury, before eventually being routed/retreat from Ironforge and Dun Morogh.

Now, there’s some split opinions about whether or not the attack on Ironforge should even be taken Icly, as Ironforge can easily shut its gate down and become the toughest stronghold known to Azeroth(?), however, on the Horde side we’re having some RP about how to actually get in inside or how to avoid some of Ironforges ‘ major strengths, since the Horde today is a lot more advanced than it was during the second war.

There is many dwarven rp'ers wondering how you would achieve this? You'd dig a hole straight in to Ironforge from the side, or perhaps from the top? Maybe you'd come through underground tunnels? That has been used before, but I believe it was mostly done by Arathorians. And of course then you'd be risking to have your entire army drowned in lava, where you to come up in the Great forge. And having an army climbing ropes down from the ceiling of one of the many halls of Ironforge, meanwhile facing a bullet storm from frenzied mountaineers, and then you have to go back up the same way? I suppose it sounds unrealistic considering the forces there is at bay in Khaz Modan Alliance side vs. Horde. Bunkers, airstrips, Ironforge, Gnomeregan, armies.

Naturally if the entire Horde had managed to pull their armies there, and then constantly be sending reinforcements and supplies it could stand a chance. Would The Orcs, the Forsaken, the Trolls, the Goblins, the Blood Elves, the Tauren fight side by side though? Putting this focus on Ironforge when the world is looking as it does, could the entire Hordes focus be shifted from all other things, spearheading it self.

Rargnasha wrote:Furthermore, I am quite sure that atleast once on this server (back in TBC), there was a Horde attack on IF which got inside and was considered IC (At least by Horde side).
Whether or not this is acknowledged on Alliance side I do not know..

From the majority of dwarven rp'ers I'v spoken they all seem to follow the simple and logical lore, that Ironforge has never been breached.

Im sorry but i have to Agree with most of what Gogol has said Ironforge has held it's own against the Burning Legion against the Orcs in the second war.....what makes you think you can contend with the Enduring mountain now? Dwarves in the WoW universe are not as greedy as their counterparts either mistrustful of forsaken and ashamed and pity the blood elf traitor no dwarf is gonna be stupid enough to take a mysterious gift from the Horde when they've been runnin like loons all over the place shouting "Lok'tar ogar" you will contend with our steam tank's you will contend with dwarven aircraft and ironforge gryphon riders which yes we do have a few of...then you suffer the wrath of the mountain kings the finest warriors the mountain has to offer if you do break through alongside a hail-fire of dwarven marksmen and mortar teams and then you have forces on the outside to contend with Gnomish steam-rigs and spider tanks and their own aircraft. I positivley do not see it ending well for a Horde force to lay siege to Ironforge it is a well provisioned city..if you've even walked into a dwarf town in this game you will see how prepared the dwarves are for the long bitter war. Then in lore their is actually SEVEN give or take a few levels of Ironforge but for ingame purposes sections were combined into one that would be contended for after you've broken through if you ever do break through the 3-4 dwarf thick gate that is at the front, i assure you those who come to lay harm to the people of the mountain shall not suffer un-punished.
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:08 pm

To breach Ironforge, you just need to find a grate and plonk some gunpowder there - Helm's Deep style!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:58 pm

Just knock on the Gate.

When they ask who it is... just say "Its the ale delivery man"

and hey presto, you've conquered Ironforge mountain.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:03 pm

Alasard Tyrian wrote:
Aww man, you crack me up 10/10 for the rant Very Happy

But yeah, guess your right blue guy, either ignore it or play along with it, could spin "What if we did this, oh but then this would happen" 's till the cows come home.
Very Happy

Well what I mean is that showing up with a bunch of Hordies and attacking a city is hardly "creating an opportunity". This could be RP'd out, but it will need more than a bunch of Orcs in a high resilience loincloth to make it happen. In order to give this the depth it deserves, it certainly needs more planning, structure and a framework in which people can jump in and RP out how, where and if they fought in the defense, got injured, what they did and what not.
On alliance side it should be met with a multiple week event. To organise such, now that's what I would call creating an opportunity, for it allows people to RP out the little details that make the difference between immersion and a /roll on the "you got f***d"-table.

In such a scenario, the PvP event could present itself as a trigger, but hardly the opportunity itself. But such an ambitious plan can only be made to work if the core of the event, the IF guilds, want to RP this out. Otherwise... you'll end up having to shrug off it ever happened because half the people will still shout "we've never been breached". You may seem to avoid the discussion now, only to have a million discussions later.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Right! So there's a few things to discuss/work on for this event.

First there's the Thief Empire have apparently started teaming up with ABoC more and more. After talking with their leader today I've learned that he wishes to bring the guild in a direction that seeks out WPvP at any cost, in co-operation with ABoC. There-for he'll no longer be part of my AWoW team on Horde side.

More to be posted on hopefully soon:

-Which way to bring AWoW

(Post is WIP)
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:21 am

Rargnasha wrote:Right! So there's a few things to discuss/work on for this event.

First there's the Thief Empire have apparently started teaming up with ABoC more and more. After talking with their leader today I've learned that he wishes to bring the guild in a direction that seeks out WPvP at any cost, in co-operation with ABoC. There-for he'll no longer be part of my AWoW team on Horde side.

More to be posted on hopefully soon:

-Which way to bring AWoW

(Post is WIP)

Not sure what to say to this. the part about any cost doesn't sound great :S are they going to turn into more muppets who just gank and out number alliance and corpse camp? All for more wpvp but joining up with ABOC and saying wpvp at any cost just sound like its gonna be a corpse camp on outnumbered under geared ppl to me thats not wpvp thats just boring and weak.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:59 pm

As far as I know, they're going to tag along with ABoC and gank and camp, which makes this guild something Im not going to work together with anymore. In terms of PvP I assume they're going to become ABoCs' 'Side-kick' guild, which makes them pretty much the same in my eyes.
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alasard Tyrian Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Just an idea, but has AV been given any thought? I mean it's Orcs Vs Dwarves in a snowy landscape, it's a BG (Wargame) so no OOC'ers can gank it or disrupt it (Though it does put a lvl / player limit on things)

I think the main thing that keeps guilds like ABoC coming back (Aside from blizzards altogether useless anti RP griefing measures) Is that there are events they can disrupt, if we started moving more of this into Wargames, then they will get bored and have nothing to do and just move server or quit the game for something else.

But like I said it's just an idea, 'dunno if that setting would even work ICly for AWoW
Alasard Tyrian
Alasard Tyrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Would be fun to do a wargame in av Very Happy as you said yes we would be stuck with 40 v 40 but nothing wrong with that. We could even do the objectives for abit of extra rp Very Happy break ppl up into squads for difefrnt tasks and if you get the task done run to support another. AMG WE MUST DO IT!

Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:42 pm

It is better than Alliance being outnumbered in every fight. Av!!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:12 pm

The Three Hammers have decided to take the event IC up to the gates of Ironforge, however anything beyond Ironforge will be considered OOCly. This way we might please both Alliance and Horde side.
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:05 am

Seems reasonable to me.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Salketh Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Gilran wrote:The Three Hammers have decided to take the event IC up to the gates of Ironforge, however anything beyond Ironforge will be considered OOCly. This way we might please both Alliance and Horde side.

I'll agree with this. I'll be there in an IC format anyway.
Salketh
Salketh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Greetings.
Change is coming to AWoW.

After suggestions, conversations and discussions I’ve decided to change how AWoW functions.

Instead of being a story driven public RP-PvP campaign, it is going to become a public PvP event with elements of RP.

The current idea so far with AWoW has been to let the battles go from zone to adjacent zone with a story-line tied to it (Usually played out between battles at meeting, atleast horde side). The battles themselves have been regarded as IC and such as we’ve moved about.

This however will change.

For the remainder of Cataclysm these battles will be made mainly OOC with some IC elements to them and will be fought in zones deemed interesting by arrangers, (Some examples could be Silithus with the sand mechanic or some of the no-fly zones).

This starts tomorrow, with the AWoW in Ironforge, which will be OOC on both Alliance and Horde side.
The IC story will be that the warlord who ordered the beginning of the campaign on Horde side have decided to take matters into his own hands now that Ironforge have been reach.
This’ll put the Horde IC advancement in Dun Morogh entirely into the Alliance RP’ers hands to do with as they please, though I’d like to keep the option of an eventual AV Wargame available at some point (Where we’d imagine that it is Dun Morogh instead of Alterac)
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4