Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Public RP-PvP Event] A World of War

+33
Thelos
Gogol
Alasard Tyrian
Catari
Hermie
Sohan
Feeniks
Eloresh
Vashnarz Talonslayer
Skarain
Gilran
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Thrakha
Lorainne/Bridlington
Khendran
Borian
Dailor
Celistra
Sil/Akechi
Dorik Thunderbelly
Grim
Arisa
Celadazar
Kettin
Tealeaf/Laliede
Samian/Bismack
Jeanpierre
Evesia
Coppersocket
Celaraa
Lexgrad
Zouyo
Rargnasha
37 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Public RP-PvP Event] A World of War - Page 3 Empty Re: [Public RP-PvP Event] A World of War

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 11:31 am

Is there an event planned for this Friday in Wetlands still?

Back to top Go down

[Public RP-PvP Event] A World of War - Page 3 Empty Re: [Public RP-PvP Event] A World of War

Post by Rargnasha Tue May 08, 2012 12:07 pm

Yup! Next battle is at the 11th of May, the battle after that, at the 25th!
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Brilliant, thanks! I'll rally my Thorns to come along, and I'll be there albeit rather laggily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu May 10, 2012 10:15 am

[Public RP-PvP Event] A World of War - Page 3 Wowwetlands
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sil/Akechi Fri May 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Fantastic looking forward to this 'little' fight. Where shall the armies of the Horde be meeting?
Sil/Akechi
Sil/Akechi

Character sheet
Name: Akechi Shadowstorm
Title: Commander of the Crimson Imperium

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri May 11, 2012 5:00 pm

Wait wait!!

Is it 20:00, 20:30 or 21:00?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Fri May 11, 2012 5:27 pm

The figths themselves begin at 21:00, but pre-battle RP takes place prior to this, whether that is 20:00 or 20:30, is up to those who RP! (On Horde side I hold a few things 20:30)
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilran Fri May 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Those brave, yet foolish enough Hordies who dare to set foot in the Wetlands shall meet their own end!
Gilran
Gilran

Character sheet
Name: Gilran Steelfist
Title: Envoy of Ironforge

http://forums.threehammers.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Sat May 26, 2012 10:00 am

Enoyed last night. Any pictures? Wish there was a little more equal numbers on the ally side. But a great effort on both sides. Timna was my target of the night <3 love u timna! Very Happy
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat May 26, 2012 10:37 am

Kettin wrote:<3 love u timna! Very Happy
Need to make soon "The most loved Wives" -list?

Anyways great fun, although i wouldn't mind more alliance Numbers Razz
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Sat May 26, 2012 10:50 am

Love all my wives so. LOVE U WIFEYS!

Saw you a fair few times as well skarain Very Happy . Don't think I attacked you though but def saw you running around Smile. Yes if the numbers were more equal it would of been even more fun. Always hard for the raid leaders to control the whole raid.

If one horde charges forward people can't seem to help themselves.
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Sat May 26, 2012 2:24 pm

By the way, what were the numbers this time around?
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Sun May 27, 2012 2:25 am

I think we were 60 Horde and 40 Alliance.
We did try to balance some of the later battles plus our feint to try and get some of the ABoC'ers killed (Always love to see Horde and alliance band together for a common purpose!)
Also, we have a new Alliance PvP guild incomming, called Shrike, who boast about 20 members or some such who have been lured to our realm by these wars (Given they've been watching Goon videos).
But I plan to speak with them and GDI and try to see if they can be intregrated properly into the realm enviroment, they don't need to RP if they don't want to, but it'll be nice if they'll respect RP'ers!
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zouyo Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Okay, so with tonight's battle I'm planning on doing some recording of the conflict to put together into a nice little machinima of this. Has anyone been recording the last few battles leading up to this one, or is anyone else planning on recording this one?

Just wondering since this is going to be, I think, an epic final battle for this stage of the campaign considering the location and deserves a little video recognition Smile
Zouyo
Zouyo

Character sheet
Name: Grek'thar Earthstorm
Title: Crazy orc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:57 pm

This is the last battle before the siege on Ironforge (If Horde wins).
If we win Ironforge, our next battle will be in the Badlands, and if the alliance wins Ironforge, we'll be pushed out of Dun'Morogh and fighting in Loch Modan
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Grek'thar/Takarius wrote:Okay, so with tonight's battle I'm planning on doing some recording of the conflict to put together into a nice little machinima of this. Has anyone been recording the last few battles leading up to this one, or is anyone else planning on recording this one?

Just wondering since this is going to be, I think, an epic final battle for this stage of the campaign considering the location and deserves a little video recognition Smile

I have some, decent quality, videos from the first battle in Twilight Highlands. But more of the 'cinematic' video type than the actual fighting, but I got some clips when I flew from the one side to the other looking down. Let me know if you want it, I don't have the time to cut them into a video myself.
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hermie Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Rargnasha wrote:This is the last battle before the siege on Ironforge (If Horde wins).
If we win Ironforge, our next battle will be in the Badlands, and if the alliance wins Ironforge, we'll be pushed out of Dun'Morogh and fighting in Loch Modan

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but that's in no way lore breaking.

Hermie

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:47 pm

That is meant as win the battle of Ironforge, it is by no way meant as "Ironforge now belongs to the Horde."
That said, I'll be following up with a post elabroating how I see things standing IC'ly either tonigth or over the weekend.

Last edited by Rargnasha on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting a typo)
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Next battle will be held on 29th, on the slopes, and within the walls of Ironforge!

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Catari Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks for the event! And thank you all alliance players for meeting us again and again on the battleground!

/salutes
Catari
Catari

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Aye! Thanks!

Was a bit of a .. defensive... match. But always good to see the W-PvP action.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:12 pm

I had fun on the last battle, kudos to the Alliance and Horde organizers. A bit unbalanced, but I don't mind getting zerged so much if it's all in good fun. But if I am to be walzed over, I would prefer it was done by people who respect RP'ers and all that.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sil/Akechi Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:11 am

In terms of the possibility of a Horde victory over Ironforge. As previously mentioned the Horde would not control Ironforce ICly for obvious reasons BUT it would be intresting for Dwarven RP guilds to RP the tragedy they have faced and the state of destruction which their city has endured. (Just a suggestion)

All and all, looking forward to the push upon Ironforge. It shall make for intresting W-RP/PVP.
Sil/Akechi
Sil/Akechi

Character sheet
Name: Akechi Shadowstorm
Title: Commander of the Crimson Imperium

Back to top Go down

Post by Alasard Tyrian Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:41 am

Must... Kill!! *Rabble rabble rabble*
Also for the love of god next time I heroic leap in to their raid can some priest PLEASE leap of faith me back, save me from myself!
Was alot of fun, hope to come to the next one Very Happy
Alasard Tyrian
Alasard Tyrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:30 am

A few quick notes which I plan to write a bit more sometime soon*
Soon is a topic for interpretation

When these battles take place, they are considered to be semi ICly, it would not mean that it is just these 80 horde warriors figthing against some 60 alliance soldiers in a set area of Azeroth, but actually that it is both armies having a presence there and that the battle between the two is taking place. Which one of the armies is it that wins, is up to the players to decide through PvP.

Can you RP that you after the battle sit at the tavern or tend to the wounded? Sure!

Weren't your character even there ICly, but was busy being a troll in Stranglethorn, a Death knigth in the Plaguelands, or a civilian in Stormwind? Sure!

Also, from the beginning I knew that having these city raids as part of the AWoW would likely not suit some persons well for various reasons, which is one of the reasons why I added this piece to the main post.
Rargnasha wrote:
For the Campaign: While shoving each other North and South will give some amusement, then the goal of each faction is to lay siege to the enemy Capital cities! You heard right, there’s a chance for the AWOW battles to take place within a capital city, where the defending forces will be aided by the Nearby NPCs, to add a bit of spice!

In Character, this won’t mean that any unique NPCs will be dead. Even if Stormwind is besieged and the Horde decides to go chop off Varians head, then In Character, should the Horde win the siege, it will only mean that Horde forces managed to penetrate the cities defenses, raze/pillage/loot some buildings, before eventually being pushed out. Wether or not someone chooses to acknowledge this IC’ly, is up to each individual.
Anyhow, to clarify how I see the situation being ICly.
The Horde has a strong grasp on the Twilight Highlands, which weakens as it moves away. In the Wetlands it is still rather strong, in the Loch Modan it is somewhat strong though it is being harassed near constantly by dwarven defenders.

The grasp on Dun Morogh is tenacious at best, currently the Horde army is fighting the alliance defenders to make and hold a gap or force a retreat for long enough to set up siege engines and equipment for the battle at the 29th.

Should the Horde win that battle, then I’d see it as the Horde managing to slip inside of Ironforge and loot/raze/pillage some buildings, possibly the treasury, before eventually being routed/retreat from Ironforge and Dun Morogh.

Now, there’s some split opinions about whether or not the attack on Ironforge should even be taken Icly, as Ironforge can easily shut its gate down and become the toughest stronghold known to Azeroth(?), however, on the Horde side we’re having some RP about how to actually get in inside or how to avoid some of Ironforges ‘ major strengths, since the Horde today is a lot more advanced than it was during the second war.

Furthermore, I am quite sure that atleast once on this server (back in TBC), there was a Horde attack on IF which got inside and was considered IC (At least by Horde side).

Whether or not this is acknowledged on Alliance side I do not know, but if Alliance or Horde roleplayers thinks that this would pull their RP too much in a direction that they do not desire, or they quite simply consider it impossible, then I am –completely- fine with them ignoring it. However, I’d still request that they’ll respect those who choose to brew RP on it.

Last, for Doriks post about being trampled by people who do not respect RP (When Thieves Empire and ABoC charged those Alliance defenders who were staying after GDI left I assume), I am currently working on limiting AboCs influence on these event, sad to say that this was the Thieves Empire who made this charge without my consent while having ABoC in their raid.

I’ve been speaking with the GM of Thieves Empire about why ABoC have gotten the reputation that they have and so far he have agreed to not supporting them at any of my events, however, should he decide to pull any such tricks in the future, he’ll be told that an impatient attitude like that won’t be welcome at any of these events.

With that said, I’ll end this rather long-winded post and will look it through sometime soon for things to add or possibly correct (My spelling at 4:25 might be somewhat undesirable, which I hope people won’t mind too much!)
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next