Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are Blood Elves better than anyone and anything else?

+26
Antistia
Eowale
Lorainne/Bridlington
Aluvielle
Amaryl
Saevir
Magaskawee/Anaei
Tso/Feloreth
Geldar
Jeanpierre
Xen-tau
Sanara
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Seranita
Lyniath
corleth
Morinth
Silferdrake
Timna
Thelos
Drustai
Mandui
Lexgrad
Kristeas Sunbinder
Raelan
Aladras
30 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Why are Blood Elves better than anyone and anything else? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why are Blood Elves better than anyone and anything else?

Post by Thelos Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:
If A creates B and B shows that A doesn't exist, then we divide by zero

Also:

Not really. It only shows that A must always be false.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Why are Blood Elves better than anyone and anything else? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why are Blood Elves better than anyone and anything else?

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Amaryl wrote:

I mean all our current equipment that was created with the E=MC2 in mind doesn't suddenly stop working now that the Math and principles it was based on might be wrong or insufficient.
They don't stop working, but we just find out that in that instance what the equpiment tells us, is wrong/inaccurate.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Go away maths!
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:25 pm

Oh wow, I was about to jump into this debate but.. *takes a few steps back and starts running, screaming of the end of the world.* Very off topic but I'll join in on the derailing, "Roleplaying manuals"?

Blood Elves superior to High Elves/Highborne? Discuss!
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:46 am

Blood Elves superior to High Elves/Highborne? Discuss!

In most cases they are, but that's only due to numbers. There are more Blood Elves than High Elves. So the Blood Elf army is "superior", their power is superior(felmagic...more powerful).
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:43 am

Highborne are superiour to all.
/Thread
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:04 am

Azshara questlines shows Blood Elves > Highborne. Your hardware sucks, has terrible resolution and it fills us with "dark giddy, joy" when we prove it. It's strange really that you are repeating our mistakes, especialy those that have been outlawed for 1500 years, something the alliance should know. Really, it's like watching children play with... firearms... *eyes dwarves* oh, I see.

As for High Elves. There are most likely Blood Elves that still practice magic in a High Elven way, but no High Elves that practice magic in the Blood Elven way. They also lacked the magical development between the invasion of Quel'thalas and now (especially when it comes to combating demons and undead), and ofcourse they don't have access to the Reliquary.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:11 am

I remember that Kristeas, when you're told to turn the Highborne summons against them. Well remembered, though I thought it was strange seeing how they almost managed to summon Sargeras into Azeroth in WotA and now some Blood Elf points out they are barely managing to control their familiars.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:24 am

Cyrdain wrote:I remember that Kristeas, when you're told to turn the Highborne summons against them. Well remembered, though I thought it was strange seeing how they almost managed to summon Sargeras into Azeroth in WotA and now some Blood Elf points out they are barely managing to control their familiars.

Summoning =/= controlling.
First I would say that I don't think it would be possible to summon Sargeras unless he wanted to get there himself, ofc, they wouldn't be able to control Sargeras either Very Happy. And they started with numerous other demons, that might again be helping (maybe a few eredar amongst them). You could also argue how "elite" those trying to keep the portal stable (they hardly had time to eat and sleep) vs. the Highborne (who are labeled apprentices and investigators) in Azshara, as I interpret it, the ones that would in the end become High Elves and Blood Elves, where the "highest" ranking Highborne after the WotA (Like Dath'remar, a Highborne of the Elite circle so the other Elite circle's would either be under him or working for Azshara, who was given the chance to become a Satyr but declined).

Are there any accounts of High Elves or Blood Elves becoming satyrs? I can only think of fel Blood Elves.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:28 am

You are all weak, all shall be consumed by Shadow! In the end, there shall only be the Forsaken!
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:31 am

Eowale wrote:You are all weak, all shall be consumed by Shadow! In the end, there shall only be the Forsaken!

... bones littering the ground,
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:35 am

Eowale wrote:You are all weak, all shall be consumed by Shadow! In the end, there shall only be the Forsaken!

just like everyone else's bones. Cause when we go down we're taking this place with us!

Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:42 am

Antistia wrote:

just like everyone else's bones. Cause when we go down we're taking this place with us!

Nope, when you go down you build a city and have it invaded by orcs guards later. See the UC. Alternatively, let's build moar sky castles. No ground to litter bones on.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Antistia wrote:

Nope, when you go down you build a city and have it invaded by orcs guards later. See the UC. Alternatively, let's build moar sky castles. No ground to litter bones on.

...At least our territory has expanded and we don't have generals who bring Alliance scum into our lands to help us defend it.

To keep this from turning into a pissing match, and because I do have a weakness for the Blood Elves I'd just like to go on record as saying that they've been on a downward spiral ever since Blizzard introduced them. When they were introduced they appeared outwardly to be good but were dubious, if not evil when push came to shove. I feel that they've just become more goody good guys with every subsequent expansion. Now, this is also personal taste because in WoW I do enjoy dubious schemes and dubious characters a lot. I cannot seem to shed the feeling that when they've walked the path Blizz embarked them on they will no longer be the blood elves that I loved, nor will they be high elves. I think they'll most resemble the Draenei. (who aren't 100% good iirc but still)
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kettin Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Goblin = win
Kettin
Kettin

Character sheet
Name: Kettin Bilewood
Title: High Executor - Forsaken Military

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Antistia wrote:
Antistia wrote:

...At least our territory has expanded and we don't have generals who bring Alliance scum into our lands to help us defend it.

To keep this from turning into a pissing match, and because I do have a weakness for the Blood Elves I'd just like to go on record as saying that they've been on a downward spiral ever since Blizzard introduced them. When they were introduced they appeared outwardly to be good but were dubious, if not evil when push came to shove. I feel that they've just become more goody good guys with every subsequent expansion. Now, this is also personal taste because in WoW I do enjoy dubious schemes and dubious characters a lot. I cannot seem to shed the feeling that when they've walked the path Blizz embarked them on they will no longer be the blood elves that I loved, nor will they be high elves. I think they'll most resemble the Draenei. (who aren't 100% good iirc but still)

They were Draenei-bound late TBC and maybe somewhat Wotlk. Cata, not so much anymore. If you want to be very positive, you can see it as different political viewpoints being created for the Blood Elves. And I think Andorel Sunsworn shows that they are able to make non-goody good Belves. Or the Blood Elf in Stonetalon that has you practicaly enslave kobolds since "we are running out of big, stupid orcs to send at the enemy".

Hillsbrad was pretty much already forsaken to begin with so you got additions in western plaguelands, arathi highlands and hinterlands. Blood Elves got outposts in Desolace, Badlands, Blasted Lands and Tanaris. Those places such but atleast we got Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher, he's this espansions Aethas Sunreaver. Why you ask? Because they can both be seen floating.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Antistia wrote:
I cannot seem to shed the feeling that when they've walked the path Blizz embarked them on they will no longer be the blood elves that I loved, nor will they be high elves. I think they'll most resemble the Draenei. (who aren't 100% good iirc but still)

The nerve!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Well, I'm not so aware of the developments with individual questgivers and such in Cata due to obvious reasons. But I said they were going down that path, not that they've already walked it entirely. Sure, there might be different political viewpoints being developed, but different approaches have been amongst the Belves since TBC (The Belf magistrix who was banished and resided in 1k Needles springs to mind). It might be Lor'themar loosening up the censorship, but still, I can't escape the feeling that they're going down that path.

That individual questgiver does give me hope, but Brightwing doesn't (Rommath should burn his head off).

Hillsbrad was pretty much already forsaken to begin with so you got additions in western plaguelands, arathi highlands and hinterlands. Blood Elves got outposts in Desolace, Badlands, Blasted Lands and Tanaris. Those places such but atleast we got Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher, he's this espansions Aethas Sunreaver. Why you ask? Because they can both be seen floating.

Hillsbrad followed the logical storyline established in vanilla, thus we have still expanded! We've also asserted (near) complete control over Silverpine, which I'd say was still quite disputed (near Tirisfal it was Forsaken but once on went south of the Sepulcher there was very little Forsaken control imo.). We've established a stronghold in the Western Plaguelands, some outposts in Arathi and in the Hinterlands. Plus, for propaganda purposes, Gilneas is ours, but is a rebellious province. No more, nope, absolutely.. They're just angry peasants.. Not more than that! Nope! Not at all! Nothing to see there but some angry locals who we are isolating! Nope! Nothing more than that!

And those Belves outposts are just that, Outposts! They're tents with pikes! Now our outposts aren't much more than that (hey, Hiri'watha at least got some plague so that's a plus), but we got things like our base at Andorhal now!

I never did understand your love for Sunreaver, Kris Razz
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Antistia wrote:
And those Belves outposts are just that, Outposts! They're tents with pikes! Now our outposts aren't much more than that (hey, Hiri'watha at least got some plague so that's a plus), but we got things like our base at Andorhal now!

I never did understand your love for Sunreaver, Kris Razz

And siege weapons Anti, there are Blood Elf outposts with siege weapons. Atleast I see glaive throwers as siege weapons. I doubt a dwarf would see it the same way!

Sunreaver was the most seen Blood Elve npc in Wrath and he pissed of the Silver Covenant. It's mostly the 2nd thing. (and maybe because i totaly stole the floating translucent projection thing, forsaken find it scary, so it's good)

Edit:

Other Blood Elf given quests are things like slaughtering an alliance outpost in revenge with a magical whirlwind, stopping Demons from setting foot on Azeroth, grabbing Titan artifacts, "defensive archeology", setting up forward posts for the Horde.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:56 pm

In the end I think it is safe to say that as a Blood Elf you can choose to support either direction. You can play your Elf as a Draenei-wannabee or a mustauche twirling demon subjugator, or something in between. That much is clear from the argument you two are having, anyway. There seems to be much space to move around in for Blood Elves.

Cherish that space!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:15 pm

I think we are becoming far too serious for this topic. Can't you people ever do loony stuff without becoming philosophical about it? Razz
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:24 pm

Right you are, JP!

Blood elves better than anyone else? Dont make me laugh. They may be better than most, but certainly no sane man would argue they are better than giraffes.

Why are Blood Elves better than anyone and anything else? - Page 4 Giraffe12

Just look at that neck! Do Blood Elves have necks like that? I think not! Not nearly as long! And we all know size does matter.

Suck it, elves!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:41 pm

This thread reached expectations.
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:46 pm

I see your neck and raise you one
Why are Blood Elves better than anyone and anything else? - Page 4 Two-giraffes-long-necks
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:51 pm

That would make for a kickass jollyroger.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next