Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Elves and High Elves; Irreversible?

+16
Magaskawee/Anaei
Emrys
Dréfurion
Coppersocket
Morinth
Muzjhath
Ixirar
Kel'dos
Kaleil Sunstrike
Thelos
Sanara
siegmund
Kristeas Sunbinder
Thygore
Drustai
erwtenpeller
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Blood Elves and High Elves; Irreversible? Empty Blood Elves and High Elves; Irreversible?

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Dear people of the Defias Brotherhood roleplaying community!

A simple concept has started creeping through my mind. With all the blood elves have been through, and the re-ignition of the now light-filled sunwell and good lady Liadrin's restored faith...

What's stopping elves from saying bye-bye to fel magic, bye-bye to the horde and going back to their, much cleaner, former allies?

And, perhaps more interestingly, what fun plays could this lead to? Would organisations like the Disciples of Light, the Anethonians and Naaruvada welcome their fallen brethren back with open arms, or would they be skeptical? What about the ones they leave behind in Silvermoon, would there be outrage?

Discuss your theories!
(if you want to...)

PS: Who wouldn't want this back onto the streets of Stormwind anyway? Right? RIGHT? (It's supposed to be a picture of Liadrin.)
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Blood Elves and High Elves; Irreversible? Empty Re: Blood Elves and High Elves; Irreversible?

Post by Drustai Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:58 pm

There's nothing stopping blood elves from defecting and 'becoming high elves' again. Quite a few have already given up fel magic and become 'cleaner', though the majority have not as yet left the Horde.

That being said, I don't see the elves as a whole going back to the Alliance. Due to Garothos' treatment, as well as their now strongly-established connections with the Horde, it'd take a major event to make them switch factions again.

Defection happens. I imagine there's always cases of high elves deciding to become blood elves and vice versa. Not to mention other races choosing to defect to the other side because they don't agree with their own.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Blood Elves and High Elves; Irreversible? Empty Re: Blood Elves and High Elves; Irreversible?

Post by Thygore Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Why technically abandoning fel is doable, I think it would pretty much tick off ALL the races if they'd just decide to waltz back to the Alliance.
I'd expect them to be treated like little more than traitorous trash IF even taken back.

One does not just choose side as underwear. :!
Thygore
Thygore

Character sheet
Name: Thygore Cloudchaser
Title: Apprentice druid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Because you'd rather have allies that spied on you instead of helping you when you needed it (the dwarf).

And being a Blood Elf means you remember the dead and their sacrefice, what you'd be willing to do to let Quel'thalas survive, Thalassian elves that spit on the name Sin'dorei spit on the dead who fell during the invasion. Instead of going to the humans and begging for magic scraps like a dog Very Happy I've ranted about that more elaborately somewhere else, can't remember where.

Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Thygore Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Ah, my sense of honour makes me fail at politics all the time.
Thygore
Thygore

Character sheet
Name: Thygore Cloudchaser
Title: Apprentice druid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:41 pm

This might also go, posted almost a year ago on a sunwell thread (http://www.defiasrp.com/t3469-sin-dorei-and-the-new-sunwell-speculations-disscussion).
Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:I could imagine that the citizens have a certain feel of safety and that Sin'dorei are calmer and more composed.

But within that slumbers the doubt that it could turn worse again. The guards and armed forces ever watching for traitors, fiercely protective of the sunwell.

And considering the signs that Naaru are not all powerfull, they would merely be seen as a stepping stone or a way point on the path to greatness.

c, In light of A and B, wouldn't a the new Sunwell be in fact a source of further strife among the Sin'Dorei?

It's more or less a point of strife in combination with the High Elves that were allowed.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:09 pm

I personally wonder though, how is the relation between the Blood elves and the Forsaken, since the forsaken helped introduce the Belfs into the horde as far as i know and also helping them in the Ghostlands.

I doubt the Blood elves would betray the horde since they surely wouldn't want to abandon them as the alliance did them.

Now, with cata things changed and Garrosh is a bit of you know what .. and if you heard the pandaren Horde introduction , let me quote:
"..Even a blood elf can hold a sword.."

I guess it would be a bit of a awkward moment if they came back sat in a inn with a human and starting a talk about betrayal... and someone saying "Aaaaakwaaaard!..."
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Whatever the Alliance has done to the Blood Elves, the Horde has done worse a hundred-fold.

As for becoming "High Elves" - IE, curing the Fel taint, I actually don't know how that works, I don't think I've ever found any sources saying that Fel taint can fade with time (Most evidence points to that it is permanent).
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:45 pm

If it hadn't been for the "debt" Anasterian felt he owed the humans, he would prob have done a Greymane.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Let's not forget that not all Blood Elves are allied to the current Silvermoon and the Horde. The Scryers have sworn fealty to A'dal, and I doubt whatever remnants of Keal'thas and Illidan's elves remain are welcomed back to Silvermoon with open arms.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:04 am

The Blood Elves you roll these days are just a name, the high Elves and Blood Elves both "feed" from the Sunwell and it's new source of power, the only difference they have are both political and rival, the Blood Elf you roll on the game is one who sticks to his guns and goes by their new name Sin'Dorei to honour their fallen, the Elf you roll remained behind to rebuild Quel'Thalas, not run away and turn your back from it. Of course there is exceptions but then again what is stopping a Wood Elf becoming a Blood elf? What is stopping high Elf coming Blood Elf? It's all down to politics and what one done to the other on the past. Exactly why Blood Elves would not rejoin the Alliance. They see all who turned their back on them as traitors.

As for the post above most of the Elves that followed Kael become Fel Blood, almost all of them on fact, all I can say about them is that they are good looking Naga. They tried bringing Kil Jaeden back, they to are traitors to the average Blood Elf.
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

http://sinbelore.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:33 am

Sanara wrote:I don't think I've ever found any sources saying that Fel taint can fade with time (Most evidence points to that it is permanent).
It might make for an interesting story for a lighties guild to help a repentant blood elf rid him/herself of the taint though, regardless of the details in the lore.

I made this thread because I'm considering moving my paladin to alliance, and I'm wondering if I should continue the same story or reroll a character. I would hate to loose lady sunburn, but there isn't really a place for her to go on horde side. I like to play her as a faithful paladin, but the entire blood elf community on this server seems very much stuck in a pre-tbc blood knight mindset, while in my opinion, that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense anymore.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:39 am

erwtenpeller wrote:
Sanara wrote:I don't think I've ever found any sources saying that Fel taint can fade with time (Most evidence points to that it is permanent).
It might make for an interesting story for a lighties guild to help a repentant blood elf rid him/herself of the taint though, regardless of the details in the lore.

I made this thread because I'm considering moving my paladin to alliance, and I'm wondering if I should continue the same story or reroll a character. I would hate to loose lady sunburn, but there isn't really a place for her to go on horde side. I like to play her as a faithful paladin, but the entire blood elf community on this server seems very much stuck in a pre-tbc blood knight mindset, while in my opinion, that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense anymore.

Isn't that mostly done becaus there is little to no indication on the blood elf mindset past TBC except for the allowance of High Elf on Quel'danas and the split opinion on High Elves anywhere else on Thalassian lands? I'd even say that relations with the rest of the horde has improved (except maybe with the forsaken), you got Blood Elves working in Stonetalon and Azshara, Kork'ron Blood Elves, a bigger delegation in Orgrimmar.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:46 am

I'm mostly talking about the events of the sunwell--
Upon this revelation, Liadrin renounces the House of Sunstrider and embraces A'dal and the Sha'tar. She pledges her allegiance and her Blood Knights to the Shattered Sun Offensive, the combined force sent from Shattrath to end Kael'thas' mad bid for dominance and prevent Kil'jaeden from entering Azeroth. Lord Solanar, one of Liadrin's lieutenants, now trains aspiring Blood Knight masters at Blood Knight headquarters in Silvermoon.
--Being largely ignored by the community. Playing a character who follows Liadrins path, it's easy to become frustrated and disillusionment about the knights stationed in Silvermoon. Most of them seem to ignore or reject the events and the purity of the Naaru.

As it stands right now Lady Sunburn would find a much more comfortable home on alliance side.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:49 am

If anything is going to cure the Fel taint it is the Light, something that is in the Sunwell now, if anything is going to cure Blood Elves then maybe it has already happened or even showed signs of happening since the Sunwell was reignited. As Kris said we have no idea what's going on since BC, the Quel Delar quests have us a clue but only on the Sunwell nothing major of the race as a whole! Let's hope the next expansion after mists see the Belfs and Squids lore get an update.
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

http://sinbelore.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:51 am

But... Why would the fact that blizzard has failed to update TBC content stop us roleplayers from following down the logical path since the events of the sunwell? It seems odd to me that the rest of the world has progressed down expansions, yet blood elf roleplay seems locked in somekind of bizarre time-bubble.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:00 am

erwtenpeller wrote:I made this thread because I'm considering moving my paladin to alliance, and I'm wondering if I should continue the same story or reroll a character. I would hate to loose lady sunburn, but there isn't really a place for her to go on horde side. I like to play her as a faithful paladin, but the entire blood elf community on this server seems very much stuck in a pre-tbc blood knight mindset, while in my opinion, that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense anymore.

That is one of the reasons I ended up race-changing Telana - who had started out as a pure Blood Knight on TBC launch and developed into a Light-worshipping, Sha'tar serving Paladin by WotLK's end - into a Draenei Vindicator instead. Whereas I had tried to let her develop along with the Blood Elf race, it didn't seem like the rest of the BElf community agreed, and with nothing to do except flirt with girls in Silvermoon I decided to let her ride off into the sunset instead.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kel'dos Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:02 am

Yes, I really wish they would sort out something for the Blood Elves. I don't see us as tied to the Horde other then through need at the time, I don't see us being there because we believe in what they do - more through convenience.

I'm pretty sure most sin'dorei would much rather return to the life of seclusion that they had before, with no binding ties to Horde or Alliance.
Kel'dos
Kel'dos

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:07 am

erwtenpeller wrote:But... Why would the fact that blizzard has failed to update TBC content stop us roleplayers from following down the logical path since the events of the sunwell?

I think the problem lies in that we disagree in what would be -logical-.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:14 am

It's one event at the sunwell that isn't followed up.
If I take a look at her text (on wowpedia) at the Sunwell, in TBC and Wotlk, I wonder if her dramatics were just for the benefit of the draenei, it feels much more toned down in the Quel'Delar questline.

On another hand I also question how the Thalassian state would allow a religion that can quite possible sow dissent.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:18 am

Well, one of their leaders sure seems to have re-kindled her love for the light. Perhaps it could mean she is taking "her knights" to chill out in Shattrath with the rest of the outlandish lighties?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:22 am

More of a sub-leader since the magisters have a rather strong hand in the Blood Knight, Rommath being able to act in Liadrin's "interests".
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:27 am

So one of the major characters in the world-changing developments of the end of TBC really isn't important at all? Is she just allowed her little games to the amusement of her superiors? Political games to keep the rest of the world satisfied?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:29 am

erwtenpeller wrote:Political games to keep the rest of the world satisfied?
I would consider that to be a very Blood Elfy thing, along the lines of "you draw your weapon, you lose the argument".
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:38 am

I suppose that is an interesting take on it, but it's not the way I wanted to develop my character. If I ever want to take her further down this path... I don't see that happening on Silvermoon, and seeing as there is no horde dudes playing Shattrath-affiliated dudes... It's starting to look like a faction change is my only option.

I'm having too much fun on Jahzeem at the moment to take that step though, I just wanted to check the idea with the community.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next