Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Failed Harvest (OOC ideas and discussion thread)

+12
Braiden
Jeanpierre
Amaryl
Dharum
corleth
Melnerag
Ishap/Virock
Aleric
Gahalla
Lorainne/Bridlington
Geneviève
Lexgrad
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Failed Harvest (OOC ideas and discussion thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Failed Harvest (OOC ideas and discussion thread)

Post by Lexgrad Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:41 pm

I very much would suggest it is at the rumor stage. I would guess the private farmers have started to hold food back and the land owners may be doing so too (cough, house of nobles)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

The Failed Harvest (OOC ideas and discussion thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: The Failed Harvest (OOC ideas and discussion thread)

Post by Aleric Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Hmm. Stage. Describing the event in stages might be an idea.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:15 pm

talking to farmers would lead to more rumours circulating the streets though, since otherwise you'd have the cross check the normal grain levels for now and during good years...how full the granaries are etc, etc, and have some bookkeeping skills.. to fully measure the state, for an outsider checking up on those rumours...

and then still with the state of west-fall in the last few years they wouldn't be very good, so if someone on the outside would poke around asking questions, rumours would be all they got right?

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Yes. IC the state has such bookeeping, but we shall try to.... lie about them.

With the farmers i guess they will be either grim or alarmed by their yealds. However there are large regional differences and as such one farmer and his few fields can not accurately know to what extent this has spread.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:27 pm

And hence the rumour spreading Wink

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:46 pm

Okay, there are two things that have to be and will be done!

1) Famine Agenda
Yes, players need to know when to expect certain events to occur. When will prices soar, when will farmers flock to the city, when will food-supplies to certain parts of the Kingdom cease? To make this understandable for the vast amount of RPers on this realm, there will have to be some kind of agenda where the players can see what is happening and make their characters follow suit.
Who wants to take this task upon himself? And even more so, will -all- RPers accept this?

2) Revolution Agenda
Important for those that wish to partake at a certain time during this large scaled campaign. I will be writing this agenda and be posting it as soon as possible. However, I need more information from the community.
Are Fridays best for meetings? Will we be doing this in 'stages', such as stated above? With that I mean the 'rumour stage' and the 'minor revolt stage' for example. And like above, would -all- RPers accept it were I to decide when and where certain key events were to occur?

I would also like to see people making their own plots and stories around this major event, since character development certainly is something that I encourage! Though I will have more on this subject soon.

~Tsurana

Last edited by Tsurana on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:35 pm

The famine side of things Im sure Gahalla and I can lead up, with others imput ofc. Jarric can be the spokesman for it for the state anyhow. If people want to do their own things with the idea however that is what I would like to see. If we set up a framework and a few events and others can come or make their own tangents to this.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Sophyra and...some others...are working on hoarding resources as it is clear to anybody in the loop (and she is in the loop) that the prices will rise. What she doesn't know, is that they will rise to the point of a crisis!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Indeed, if Jarric wasnt concerned with his public persona he would do also. Instead he is doing a smaller hoard XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:20 pm

To be honest... it's waay to early too talk famine. At this point the merchants will be about noticing the monthly quota is getting sold a bit quicker than normally and that the prices are increasing a bit*. But noone ought to expect famine now. At best "We might want to cut back on luxuries this year". Expecting a tough, but not crippling year.

And that's just on a local level on the countryside/poorer districts. Anyone with a artisan's salary or higher shouldn't be noticing anything, and everyone who doesn't shop their own food won't be noticing at all.

Edit: * But still within normal fluctuation.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:29 pm

I have a few semi-expendable characters and a reckless dwarf shaman always up for giving a small riot a proper push *nod*

Certainly a interesting looking event.
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:31 pm

I have a char who can die for a cause too Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:36 am

Riot =/= Revolution!

It could turn out to be an Uprising, though, where violence will be used against those opposing their ideas. We'll see...
*Stares awkwardly at the Stormwind Regiment, who will not intervene unless it turns violent.*
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Lexgrad/Dreth wrote:Surprised 2 seals walk past a shot DK! Where are your virtues now!
Lexgrad/Dreth wrote:Eep sorry that should read disciples not seals! Shame on you JP!

What happened is... we were way out of emote range. All I saw was 4 guys, and one walking/running off. As we pass by, it happens to be the 2 death knights are casually chatting, over an English tea:
- "Hey, did that guy just shoot you?"
- "HM, yes.. I think he did."
- "You don't say"
At which Ishap and I turned about, wondering "Huh? Shooting?".

I noticed there was a shout "gunshot", but as I don't have nametags above my allied players (for immersive reasons), I didn't catch the name of the guy leaving and couldn't tie him to the guy who shouted "gunshot".
I actually needed time to figure out you 2 weren't joking
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Amaryl wrote: if someone on the outside would poke around asking questions, rumours would be all they got right?

Perhaps... and considering the stage of the event, I'd say yes. We could increase the spread of rumours this way too.
Going to the Keep and pretending to read "the chief grainary keeper's log stardate 27092011" to know the undeniable truth seemed like such a boring approach.

ICly the action can be defended as:
- Westfall is one of Stormwind's main sources of grain. If there would be a problem there, it is likely to impact the nation.
- Even if the "higher class" manages to claim enough grain for themselves and the armies, there is no guarantee the poor people remain well fed.
- Even if the problem isn't nation wide, but local, that doesn't weaken the reality of it for the people that are impacted by it.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Since The brewfest has just started, and the brewfest is a traditional harvest festival (eat as much as you can before it rots) I'd say that the harvest is still being brought in. Which is why there shouldn't be any sign whatsoever that there is something wrong.
The granaries might just be half full, but half of this years harvest hasn't even been fully dried yet. Not until next week should we count on the harvest to be finished and fully stored.

Even so, the peasants will be working on two fields. Their lord's and their own. And due to the the system works, the lord's fields are prioritised (it's these fields that Supports the king's army too). I'd say this harvest is a bit smaller than normal, but even this one won't be properly accounted and weighed until the tuesday after the Brewfest ends. So the first alarm bell should come sometime mid October.

The only thing you might want to mention at this point is that the peasants have complained/requested more time to tend their own fields. That it has been unusually sunny and dry this year (you know... what we'd think of as perfect summer weather. Just blue skies and warm). Perhaps the odd grassfire or forest fire. The price on fish and meat slightly elevated.

I personally intend to post rumours and topics (even in the realm forum), signalling the start about mid october. Leading up to a 1-2 week prologue sequence where rumours spread and steadily rising food prices looms over us.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:18 pm

*Scratches back of head*

I'll write a 'status report' after the Council meeting tonight.

M'yes, I'll have to change my agenda slightly, after having read your post, Gahalla. Nothing big, simply have to stretch some things.
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:10 pm

You are banned from any further council meetings! Razz
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:27 pm

You lie. Surprised
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:21 pm

You are hereby declared an Enemy of the Kingdom. You are persona non grata. You will be purged from all records. It will be as if you have never existed.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Lorainne or Jarric? Shocked
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Both!
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:26 pm

*Points at Lexgrad and laughs.* HAHA, you panick. Laughing
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Samian/Bismack Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Done!
Samian/Bismack
Samian/Bismack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:30 pm

*Invites Lorainne to the ebon enclave*
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next