Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mists of Pandaria

+79
Gogol
Iriel Silversong
Baròth / Olian
Unathi
Amaryl
Zhakiri
Dharum
Mikasa
itsy
Yarnaat
Dunderholm of Ambermill
Morgeth
Xen-tau
Skarain
Haen Strongwind
Hermie
Teebo
Althaløs
Unknown
Geldar
Velynia
Zouyo
Raelan
Vaell
Sullee Swiftspeech
Lini
Ave/Sariella
Borian
Lorainne/Bridlington
Seranita
erwtenpeller
Coppersocket
Aluvielle
Ixirar
Azmariel
Emrys
Braiden
Morgaan
Lyniath
Lexgrad
Shaelyssa
Morinth
Ralegh
The Z
Melnerag
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Jomir
Aendiv
Malathir
Krogon Devilstep
Gilraen
Aleric
Magaskawee/Anaei
Kittrina
Marion Valmere
Ataris
Morty
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Feydor
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Kristeas Sunbinder
The Misty Beast
Gesh
Ron Sexton
Jeanpierre
Frostfeather
Thelos
Nithel
Muzjhath
Flo
Eloresh
Dréfurion
Drazial
Timna
Lavian
Sanara
Drustai
Rmuffn
Kozgugore Feraleye
83 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mists of Pandaria - Page 2 Empty Re: Mists of Pandaria

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:39 am

New classes sure sound fun and I'd definitely approve if blizzard manages to balance everything.

Sadly, they won't be able to balance everything, which forces me to not approve of new classes too...
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:59 am

Nithel wrote:I always thought Pandaren were a joke. o_o Something like leprechauns existing in this world. Where do they come in? xD Or is this a draenei thing, they'll appear on a floating island that crashlanded into Azeroth?

Chen Stormstout helped Rexxar and Rokhan in defending, saving and all the whatnot the Horde during the Frozen Throne expansion, so that they could build Orgrimmar atlast. The threat namely was Kul'Tiras and Admiral Proudmoore.

So surely, even if he was a hero you could achieve, or just not achieve. He was there, in flesh, so they do exist!
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:16 pm

another healer class would be nice, and something that -uses- fist weapons alot.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:20 pm

dear lord
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Leather wearing monk healer who uses dance to heal! PWWSSSHH!

Mists of Pandaria - Page 2 MonkFemale_D3_Cncpt1
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Looks like a pala tier set.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:Looks like a pala tier set.

Yeah, almost except Paladins are for chumps.
Blizzard has far to simple armour models, it's either pants and a top, or a dress. No middleground.

Something I liked about WAR

Mists of Pandaria - Page 2 520538_20070315_790screen001

If paladins looked like that, I would consider playing one.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:34 pm

I find it absolutely hillarious how people in this topic are going all-out rage over Pandaren being a playable race, much like how they were prior to the Worgen becoming playable. Relax, it's not like we're fortune tellers that can predict what Blizzard are going to do because of some suspicious trademark that's shown up.

... Yeah I kind of wish they did that too Vect, robes always look like thick man-dresses rather than actual robes.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:53 pm

Kih'rin / Mikhael wrote:I find it absolutely hillarious how people in this topic are going all-out rage over Pandaren being a playable race, much like how they were prior to the Worgen becoming playable. Relax, it's not like we're fortune tellers that can predict what Blizzard are going to do because of some suspicious trademark that's shown up.

... Yeah I kind of wish they did that too Vect, robes always look like thick man-dresses rather than actual robes.

They should hire the designers from WAR, the gear is far prettier.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:03 pm

It's becoming a bit of a pattern, how more often than not, some initial info is released about something Blizzard made, only to be condemned by RPers, yet applauded by the "general audience". Followed by the RPers claiming to leave the game, only to come back after a while. Seen it with space-goats, death knights and walking dogs.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:05 pm

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:It's becoming a bit of a pattern, how more often than not, some initial info is released about something Blizzard made, only to be condemned by RPers, yet applauded by the "general audience". Followed by the RPers claiming to leave the game, only to come back after a while. Seen it with space-goats, death knights and walking dogs.

Roleplayers will never be pleased with what they're given for dinner, but they'll eat it anyway and take seconds because they're hungry.

I can't really imagine then coming out with another two races to add to the list of 12 already, though if they're going to add new races I'd prefer it was something as far from humanoid as can be.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Hunger is the best chef/seasoning.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Morty Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:31 pm

It's all rumors! Rumors!
Morty
Morty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://www.defiasrp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Doubt Blizzard would pin the Pandaren to either Alliance or Horde. They'll most likely be neutral a la the Naaru. It's possible with an expansion based around them though, and it would fit with their smaller but more frequent expansion mindset (I don't imagine Pandaria or whatever being as big as Northrend or Outland).

That said, I mourn the loss of the older, larger expansions. I also must say I was expecting something more Azsharaey considering Deathwing and the Maelstrom and all that.

Ah well.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:41 pm

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:It's becoming a bit of a pattern, how more often than not, some initial info is released about something Blizzard made, only to be condemned by RPers, yet applauded by the "general audience". Followed by the RPers claiming to leave the game, only to come back after a while. Seen it with space-goats, death knights and walking dogs.

To be honest, I've never understood why people complained over Draenei, when we already had orcs. How people complained about Death Knights when we -already- had forsaken, and why people complained about Worgen when we already had Forsaken, Death Knights -and- tauren.

Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Vectoria wrote:

To be honest, I've never understood why people complained over Draenei, when we already had orcs. How people complained about Death Knights when we -already- had forsaken, and why people complained about Worgen when we already had Forsaken, Death Knights -and- tauren.

You forgot to mention Worgen has been a race long before it was playable. X.x

However. My biggest complaint about Draenei is the major lorerape they went through to allow it. Back in Wc3 there was only -one- draenei race, they looked like the 'Lost Ones', the currently worst stage of draenei broken. Akama was one of them.

Then they made them look like fucking Eredar with stages of some weird corruption. :< And Akama was made from lost one to broken. Etc..
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:54 pm

You could also argue that they made Night elves different in WOW from their WC3 counterpart.. Female night elves use to eat the flesh of their enemies as a offering to elune.

Mists of Pandaria - Page 2 Ss334_small
They were more feral and shamanistic then spiritual and etheral, like they are today. Their symbol was an axe and the favored weapon, they were even tasked with choosing a spirit animal... not unlike the orc rite of passage of that one-where-you-put-your-kill's-blood-on-your-face.

I suppose the best way of looking at Draenei lore was that it established more lore for the legion, offered a link to the Eredar and allowed you to play a 'demon' of sorts, Atleast thats why I favored it. Each to their own, but back on track.

Gamers are cynical and love to whine.
Roleplayers aren't any different.

-- Edit.
This image makes me want one.

Mists of Pandaria - Page 2 WoW_RPG___Pandaren_vs_Satyr_by_UdonCrew
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:05 pm

None of that was mentioned in Wc3 itself though, Vect. :p

Perhaps comics based around the same era.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Trave wrote:None of that was mentioned in Wc3 itself though, Vect. :p

Perhaps comics based around the same era.

Perhaps not but no one is gonna agree on every, single bit of lore. It's a matter of taste.

And it's not a comic due to the way it was filed, nor is it an expansion. It's a game of some sort.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion Valmere Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:15 pm

I have been looking forward to the Pandaren ever since the forums of MMO Champion were buzzing about them with people speculating of which races would/might become playable in the future shortly after Cataclysm was released.

Easter egg of WC3 or not, the Pandaran lore and interest has grown since the game and with the introduction of the store companion, it simply proves that the Pandaren are somehow still on Blizzard's mind(s). I wouldn't be all too surprised if this actually happened; in fact, I'll be looking forward to it.

The Pandaren island has been claimed to have always been there, hidden in the mists (hurray for that making a cheesy title) and we know that there are more islands on Azeroth than we can't reach or see in-game. This may be 'cheating', but it does make it possible for the island to become accessible if it ever is introduced in a patch or an expansion.

Since the title only speaks of the Pandaren, I doubt that another playable race will be introduced in it, thus the 80% of the Pandaren becoming a neutral faction. That, or we get another Death Knight syndrome... which would be odd. Brewmaster hero class.

Marion Valmere

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:17 pm

I remember reading somewhere that the Pandaren and Night Elfs were totally home dawgs.. before they started to get careless with magic, which inspired the Pandaren to GTFO to their own island.. Maybe they'll come back to make friends with the Night Elfs again.

Vect I think playable Horde Naga to be quite unlikely.. Playable Naga altogether.. (although, Naga would be ace)

Also, if they make a new class, it will be a monk, with a Shaolin tree, a Brewmaster tree and a Blademaster tree.. Yes.. I can see that happen..

But yeah, it's not a confirmed thing. Let's wait till Blizzcon :3

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Brewmaster with Spirits, Malts and Distilled trees.. I can see that happen too..

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:19 pm

It talks about the land, not the race itself. Perhaps a new race is attempting to colonise it and the non-panda-friendly faction alligns with them, could offer a chance for player owned areas, and a land-grab scenario, which is becoming increasingly popular in the MMO market. Plus, every Warcraft race tends to cover a ' flavor ', gothic for undead and worgen, high-fantasy for the draenei, humour for the gnomes and goblins ( I'm talking loosely here. ), who wants to bet that if they did introduce them as a playable race, some samurai and eastern culture lovers would be incredibly interested in playing them.

And if someone mentions Naga not being playable due to a tail.. I'm gonna open a can of whoop-arse, It's a design problem. Those are -designed- to be solved and Blizzard aren't a push-over company.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Dréfurion Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:21 pm

China might actually object to antropomorphic pandas that can die.. And I say might because there are a couple of chinese games that have just that in them.. I still think they'll go: new races(TBC) > new class(WotLK) > new races (Cata) > new class (w/e the exp is)

Dréfurion

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:22 pm

Drefurion wrote:China might actually object to antropomorphic pandas that can die.. And I say might because there are a couple of chinese games that have just that in them.. I still think they'll go: new races(TBC) > new class(WotLK) > new races (Cata) > new class (w/e the exp is)

There are chinese created mmos that allow you to play anthro-pandas. That law does not exsist, it's a rumour.
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next