Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits?

+77
Psykhe
Ave/Sariella
Ralegh
Norrian/Chezz
Eodan
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Shaelyssa
Antistia
Nessra Sunwhisper
Aladras
Coppersocket
bloop
itsy
Thelos
Gilran
Sinnadrin
Raziev
Mikasa
Kristeas Sunbinder
Rmuffn
Dharum
Killian
Feydor
Silferdrake
Meralynn / Ashla
Destiny
Flo
Amaryl
Khendran
Lorainne/Bridlington
Arathoran
Elloa
Quin
Kaleil Sunstrike
Tyrós/Cále
Eowale
Kettin
Saevir
Aluvielle
Lavian
Lyniath
The Z
Lexgrad
Astraea
Kil'drakor
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Grufftoof
Jayse
Drengi/Lokik
The Misty Beast
Geneviève
Mandui
Gilraen
Lini
Gesh
Sanara
Jeanpierre
Jakins
Chase - Esou
Nithel
Drazial
Drustai
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Eodain
Dréfurion
Seranita
Muzjhath
Maelmoor
Morinth
Gahalla
Gogol
Kozgugore Feraleye
Aleric
Zhakiri
Jomir
Ixirar
81 posters

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits? - Page 16 Empty Re: Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits?

Post by Drustai Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:22 pm

Nathaniel wrote:>.<... Well. I believe you can create much more depth and interesting RP around Bounty Hunters, Agents, Smugglers and Troopers rather then Jedi or Sith, seeing how very strict and plain their stories are.

Strictness is what makes stories interesting. Without those boundaries, there's no challenge, nothing with which to structure your story or character and provide conflict. Much like draenei RP, or paladin RP, what makes it interesting is the fact that there is a very specific lifestyle that must be followed. There are issues of whether or not the character adheres to it or not, and how much they do adhere to it if so. That then colors every single thing that they do.

My US toon is a Sith. Ex-Jedi, who was captured and chose to fight the Sith Empire from the inside. The key aspects of her story are not just the standard 'infiltration' story, but also the added elements of the Force and its traditions. Trying to maintain a belief in the light side of the Force and the Jedi Code while surrounded by the temptations of the dark side (and the freedom and power that goes with it), and committing terrible atrocities and evil in order to maintain a proper Sith persona. While competing against other Sith for survival and greater political power. Honestly, after just doing the Sith quests, you really do find it intoxicating, when you have everyone grovelling at your feet, or being able to simply blast Force lightning at those who don't. So it shows just how hard it would be to maintain any kind of good intentions--to the point I'm not sure if the character is still truly in it for the greater good, or if she's actually fallen to the temptations and embraced being a villain.

That's hardly 'plain'.

Also, agents and troopers are just as strict. Military life is hard, and full of restrictions and orders and demands.

Personally, I find the 'free' RP, like bounty hunters and smugglers, to be the most boring. Nothing interests me about merc/pirate/outlaw RP, unless there are actual restrictions involved with it, such as a lack of money that actually affects the character (rather than just being brushed aside like most "poor" characters do). Character comes from conflict, and you can't have conflict if there's nothing tying the character down and holding them back.

What's 'plain' to me is characters who simply lounge in a cantina/bar all day, of which mercs/pirates/outlaws are the type most likely to do that.

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits? - Page 16 Empty Re: Anybody else in here looking to try SW TOR when it hits?

Post by Feydor Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:34 pm

Question: Can you have a empire & republic character on the same server?
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:40 pm

Yes.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:55 pm

Kaleil Sunstrike wrote:
Morinth wrote:
Mikhael wrote:
Nathaniel wrote:Righto. On Lord Calypho, myself and people from the Blades have launched a guild along with it's concept.

Seeing as there will be Guild ships in the future, we've basically created a Strikeforce. It is open for any classes, we have covered why Sith for an example would be on an imperial strike teams vessel etc.

The name is Strikeforce Archon. The ship will be named ST-303 Archon. If you wish for more details on the concept or have questions, I invite you to PM me here or to whisper me on either of the following characters on Lord Calypho - empire side:
Nathaniël
Leonath
Trisha

Which will feature the most shaken and nervous captain of all time, where he fights a valiant personal battle to get over his stutter and kleptomania. (Don't kill me <3)

Worth mentioning that we'd appreciate a bulk of non-force users over a ratio which favours the Sith.

If anybody also thinks they're up to the challenge, my little Rattataki Inquisitor is currently without a master.

Sith are the only thing worth playing, ever.
I love how so many call Belfs gay. Sith Inquisitor anyone? >.<

True, Lord Zash does give off a bit of a "gay man's best friend" vibe.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:21 am

If i ever start rping my Jedi im gonna play him of as constantly paranoid that the jedi council will find out about all his murder, sex, drugs and potentially rock and roll.
The evil Jedi options are fun!
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:04 pm

Blizz, most awesome companion in the game.
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:38 am

I must say that I really like how the Republic Trooper's story quests basically turns you into a tactical nuke that General Garza throws at whatever she wants wholesale slaughtered, sabotaged or deflowered.

Imperial troops? Shoot 'em with my gun. Sith Lords? Shoot 'em with my lightning gun. Imperial Star Destroyers? Shoot everyone in them. With my gun.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:47 am

I tried the game today, smuggler. Seemed abit wonky to me.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:27 am

this games an absolute beast, leveling together with 3 of my mates on skype, think i played 8 hours in a row im going to curl up in a ball and die now peace
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:32 am

ye I'm levelling jedi guardian mufucka 911 for peace go paragon let's do this tank all mobs
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:31 am

Ave wrote:I tried the game today, smuggler. Seemed abit wonky to me.

Might be that Smugglers (and Agents) rely on the Cover mechanic to be effective, basically turning you into a stationary turret for every single PvE fight. If you want something with more flow, Jedi Knight or Republic Trooper (Or Sith Warrior and Bounty Hunter, they play the same as their respective counterparts) are generally more traditionally RPG-y classes.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:05 am

You can pretty much ignore the cover mechanic entirely by going down the stabby stabby melee tree (Scrapper as Scoundrel), though it takes a while for the spec to come in on its own.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:58 pm

I made it to the game Wink

My Main is Artemik - 11 sith assassin. I'm on ze Lord Kalypho server, which appears to have a queue most of the time.

Plot's good, it's funny, you get to see the real face of the Empire in the first 3-4 hours of gameplay.

You get to see lots of screwing around between the sith. Makes you wonder how those guys survive on their own. In addition to that - you get to see lots of lightnings flying about, you get your lightsaber fairly early - around lvl 10 ( 5 hours gameplay ). It's a lot of fun.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:38 pm

More importantly.... RP...Who is RPing and how is it?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikasa Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Holy shit I'm starting to hate Sorcerer in Hutt Ball. Sprint, Grip, Shields, Knock back immune. What don't those freaks have :<
Mikasa
Mikasa

Character sheet
Name: Mikasa Angelos
Title: Retlol God

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:30 pm

Rocket launchers?
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Psykhe Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Most people are too occupied with levelling to rp much yet Razz Give the game a few more weeks before you see rp all over. But I have seen and found rp already, so it is out there Smile
Psykhe
Psykhe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:18 pm

Incredibly dissapointed about spaceships/ space-combat.
Mostly because i was expecting something different.... but... yeah...
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tso/Feloreth Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:20 pm

What is it then? Where does it not differ from?
Tso/Feloreth
Tso/Feloreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Neyvin/Noxie Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Well, I gave in and got the game. Didn't play too much tonight, but had loads of fun. Don't see this becoming my new horrible addiction, but with nothing else to pay currently, it's pretty funky. And I have a jetpack. AWESOME.

Nerisja, on that The Progisomething server, if anyone wants to chat :>
Neyvin/Noxie
Neyvin/Noxie

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Lexgrad wrote:More importantly.... RP...Who is RPing and how is it?
Hello... from behind the grave...

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:22 am

Lexgrad wrote:More importantly.... RP...Who is RPing and how is it?

Haven't done too much RP, but some. Still mostly leveling, though.

The RP is good, and the environments are great, but the game is still lacking some quality of life stuff (sittable chairs, chat bubbles, speaking animations, etc). Most of those are confirmed to be on their way already, though.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raziev Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:45 am

For those who are on Lord Calypho (RP-PVP), we have made a channel for those who wish to build an RP community.

Type /cjoin RP

Hope to see you there. Smile
Raziev
Raziev

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:44 am

Which side?
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:20 am

Tso/Feloreth wrote:What is it then? Where does it not differ from?

It's a railroaded shooting gallery, a lot of people were hoping for a multiplayer dogfighting simulator. I find it a fun minigame for what it is tho.
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next