Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A - Darnassian] The Darnassus Circle of Philosophy

5 posters

Go down

[A - Darnassian] The Darnassus Circle of Philosophy Empty [A - Darnassian] The Darnassus Circle of Philosophy

Post by Máire Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:32 pm

I have not had much experience creating events such as these ingame, but I have done it in real life. If I have missed some vital information, tell me and I will add it.

You can reach me in-game on Máire, Màire or Aydana.

Time
Every other Tuesday (beginning March 15). These events will be held at 18:00 ST.

Place
The old location of the Circle meetings; the open hall east of the temple.

Theme
These events not only want to increase RP events that are open to everybody and taking place in Darnassus, but also want to affect the feeling of RPing a night elf. Our characters are supposed to have lived for hundreds or even thousands of years; and naturally, they have questioned theology, philosophy and mathematics more than a human being can even strive to understand. Obviously, since we cannot understand their inquiries, we need to keep it simple in order for us to be able to effectively RP our characters during these events. Naturally, that means that we will discuss neither advanced mathematics nor complicated semantic arguments that we have no connection to in game what so ever. Instead, questions will focus on classical philosophical problems, mathematical paradoxes, questions about God (not necessarily restricted to Elune) etc.
No prior knowledge at all is required at these events. At all meetings, I will hold an opening statement of what the subject is really about, and then it will open up for free discussion; since we use written word, and it is hard to distinguish when someone is reading, the free discussion will obviously need to be lightly moderated by raising of hands.

Who are welcome?
Anyone who speaks darnassian is welcome; while this sounds like only night elf players are allowed, we will gladly accept characters who speaks darnassian ICly.

Subject

2011-03-15, 18:00
What is truth, can we achieve it and if so, how?

IC knowledge
Posters are found in the Cenarion Enclave and at the temple, inviting everyone to attend. It has also been advertised at the Circle meeting.
Máire
Máire

Back to top Go down

[A - Darnassian] The Darnassus Circle of Philosophy Empty Re: [A - Darnassian] The Darnassus Circle of Philosophy

Post by Sorayah Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:33 pm

*highborne seal of approval*
You know I'll be there Wink
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

[A - Darnassian] The Darnassus Circle of Philosophy Empty Re: [A - Darnassian] The Darnassus Circle of Philosophy

Post by Gunnell Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Sooo.. How about Worgen? Since we're now fist-bumping buddies.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eavya Morninglight Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:00 pm

How about Worgen?

Anyone who speaks darnassian is welcome; while this sounds like only night elf players are allowed, we will gladly accept characters who speaks darnassian ICly.

Pretty much says who can come Wink

Anyway, good initiative!

(I think the time is a bit early, but hopefully people can make it!)
Eavya Morninglight
Eavya Morninglight

Character sheet
Name: Eavya Morninglight
Title: Priestess of Elune

Back to top Go down

Post by Manathon Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Bumping this so people will remember it. It's tonight!
Manathon
Manathon

Character sheet
Name: Manathon Oakshadow
Title: Druid with beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Máire Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:25 am

Second event upcoming!

Time
Tuesday, March 29 These events will be held at 21:00 ST. (NOTE NEW TIME)

Place
The old location of the Circle meetings; the open hall east of the temple.

Who are welcome?

Subject

2011-03-29, 21:00
How should we act? (Ethics)

IC knowledge
Posters are found in the Cenarion Enclave and at the temple, inviting everyone to attend. It has also been advertised at the Circle meeting.
Máire
Máire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sorayah Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:33 pm

What the.. That late? Sad
Sorayah
Sorayah

Character sheet
Name: Sorayah Moonseeker
Title: Priestess of the Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down