Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Circle of Darnassus First Meeting

+2
Shaelyssa
Nithel
6 posters

Go down

Circle of Darnassus First Meeting Empty Circle of Darnassus First Meeting

Post by Nithel Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:40 am

The Lich King lies dead, his reign ended. As the collective world breathes a sigh of relief, the effects of the Northrend campaign slowly become apparent. Even with the scourge mop-up efforts still in swing, both the Alliance and the Horde now gear for the inevitable War that was born out of the previous conflict.

And so, the elves of the West once more find themselves subject to the pleas of the Eastern Kingdoms to aid them against their age-old foe. While the leaders of Darnassus debate over these developments, seemingly caused by the actions of a brash Human king, signs and rumor of an entirely other nature plague the Kaldorei leadership. The Highborne, stirring from the ruin wherein they've hidden for so long, re-emerge and bring word of a change on the winds - insisting they be re-accepted into the Kaldorei society to strengthen it and ensure its continued existence.

Other words of warning, hailing of obscure druid cults in the wilds of Ashenvale, speak of a forgotten curse that once troubled the Elves of old. Worst of all, hushed whispers of Malfurion Stormrage's deteriorating condition and the further corruption of the great tree have made it onto the streets of the Kaldorei capitol, raising further fuel in the ever-growing power struggle between the Temple and the Druid Enclave. It is a time of uncertainty, and the wise among the elves cannot help but feel it is but only the calm before a coming storm.

Amidst this tumult, the great Oracle tree within Teldrassil has begun shedding its bark, prophesising the formation of a new body of power under the leadership of Lady Whisperwind. Hard pressed to deny Nature's will, Tyrande agrees to the creation of the Circle of Darnassus, a group of Elders under her supervision whom are to address the affairs of Kaldorei wellbeing and its connections to the outer world. With this news, a variety of Kaldorei individuals gather in the boughs of Great Teldrassil to tend to the matters of this Circle - most, if not all, with the wellbeing of Kaldorei society at heart, but each with differing methods.

-----

The mission of the Circle of Darnassus is to encourage and improve Kaldorei role-play on the server by arranging and promoting events with roots in the Kaldorei RP society. Every week there will be a meeting of the Circle open to everyone who would wish to come. Kaldorei RPs as well as any race are encouraged to pass by to address the Circle with concerns, questions and any ongoing matter. As our purpose is to bring life to Kalimdor, we'd be very enthusiastic to help out with any ideas for events and happenings.

The Circle of Darnassus holds it's first meetings next week on Monday the 9th of August starting from 21:00 onwards. Everyone is welcome to pass by at the Eastbound Temple Gardens where the meeting shall be held. (If you walk out off the temple of Elune, simply let the walls of the structure guide you to the right and you will easily find it.)

There will be calendar invites for this week as well as the following and a simple poke to Nithel could get you on that list if you want a reminder. The Circle of Darnassus forum are open now should you want to nudge the Circle OOCly: don't hesitate to ask questions or post a suggestion. You can do this here: Circle of Darnassus Open Forum

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Circle of Darnassus First Meeting Empty Re: Circle of Darnassus First Meeting

Post by Shaelyssa Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:17 am

Elune be praised! Well done and thank you once again to everyone who was involved to get this great idea under way Smile. I'm definitely looking forward to the first meeting!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:55 pm

I want to thank all those present for attending. Start was a little rough, especially with two seat members failing to show, but I consider it a succes none-the-less.

I'll be happy to see all of you, and more, again next week!
Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eavya Morninglight Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Only Nithel that couldn't come, Eldhras was represented by Ellren... and you represented Nithel... And I was a little late :p

So, we were all there \o/

And thanks all that came!
Eavya Morninglight
Eavya Morninglight

Character sheet
Name: Eavya Morninglight
Title: Priestess of Elune

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:45 pm

It was great and loads of fun! Smile Thanks again to the Circle for organising the event and it was nice to have lots of random roleplay after the meeting! Very Happy
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:38 am

Bummed that I missed it, but it was sophies birthday so extra attention elsewhere was required. Hope it went well!
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:13 pm

The Darnassus Circle is having another meeting tonight on Monday 16th of August at 21h00. Same place as last time, which is the Eastbound Temple Gardens. Everyone's welcome to attend.

PS: I've been a bit sloppy with the calender invites, I'll do my very best to improve that this week.

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elanessë Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 am

Was a really fun event and I just loved "Uung the Furbolg" and Aijre's roleplay! And indeed it spurs random roleplay afterwards, or simply meeting with the Kal'dorei outside your own guild. Will be there watching next monday, for sure!
Elanessë
Elanessë

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Really happy to see its working out, I'm proud of you guys! ^^ Sadly I couldn't be there the first meeting as my beloved Sophie had a birthday then I needed to tend to. But was really happily surprised yesterday on how well it flows.

Big kudos!
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down