Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you like your gold? IMPORTANT message here, then.

+19
Demurral
Ariden
Feydor
Etular
Ron Sexton
teirzul
Lavian
Melnerag
Ralegh
Seranita
Yarnaat
Zinkle Figgins
Eowale
Rmuffn
Nifty
Cid
Saevir
Mandui
John Helsythe Amaltheria
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you like your gold? IMPORTANT message here, then. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you like your gold? IMPORTANT message here, then.

Post by Saevir Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:38 pm

GHI supports passive scripts as well that just run at some interval or when a certain event gets sent to the owner's client (like, for example, a trade request)

I haven't checked if trade without opening the window is possible, but even if it wasn't, I would wager that she's just running a script on her own client that accepts trades immediately, finishing the transaction before the window has time to appear.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Do you like your gold? IMPORTANT message here, then. - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you like your gold? IMPORTANT message here, then.

Post by Feydor Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:48 pm

As I said before the AcceptTrade(); is limited to HARDWARE events.
Meaning, the only way it can be done is by clicking accept.
Unless the client has removed LUA protection, which cannot be done via an igname script.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Well, I was driving the gnome around in my chopper and she said "go to thaerian I want to show you something awesome"

I followed her instructions, she said trade Thaerian a candy but don't accept the trade yet, and so I did.

All of a sudden, Thaerian traded me 100 gold. Or, the gnome made him do it, and the gnome told me that Thaerian couldn't see it ( and thaerian said he could not see it )

I whispered Thaerian about it, and Thaerian said "So that's why my gold was dissapearing..."

It could have been that Thaerian already consumed a GHI candy earlier, but this is how it went for as far as I could see.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Get whoever has the item to upload a copy of their GHI.lua somewhere.
located in WTF/accountname/servername/charname
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Your first mistake was letting her in your chopper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariden Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Helsythe, I don't think you need to stop useing GHI, just only trade with players you know are real rpers and whom you trust.
Ariden
Ariden

Character sheet
Name: Ariden Draksbane
Title: Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:21 pm

If someone would upload their GHI.lua then Pilus can have a look at it, and make it impossible in future versions to carry out.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:55 pm

@ Fey: I'm not sure if anyone still has the item. I surely do have not.. I doubt anyone does, as people would delete them at once I guess. Besides I'm clueless about GHI stuff ;p Blizzard will take care of it anyways.

@ Pert: She seemed like a fun roleplayer, and was kind oocly as well.. how could I know XD

@ people who tell me to keep using GHI with the people I can trust: I suppose you lot are right.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sexton Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Sadly I deleted the item last night. If possible, I'll try to obtain it again.
Ron Sexton
Ron Sexton

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Somebody needs to learn from there mistakes ><

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sexton Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Certainly not me! I've learnt already.
Besides, it requires two items to be traded to ''steal'' gold. Or so I assume.
Ron Sexton
Ron Sexton

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:17 pm

One way to find out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Sexton Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:21 pm

I'll be sure to... uh... leave my gold to an alt. That way I won't be scammed. Again.
Ron Sexton
Ron Sexton

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Going on from what Feydor has said, ALL GHI Item scripts can only be fired by someone actually rightclicking the item on their end, after the item has transferred properly. She may be using two items to do it, one she traded to you before in that game session, and then using the candy to force the gold across, but I'm not sure. Does she retrade with people after they've used the candy at all? Cause that would cause the scripts to be fire, letting her use AddonMessages to force a trade i guess.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Tollir Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:28 am

She never re-traded me when she traded it, however she asked if I had "made any sound" when she traded it to me.
Maybe perhaps it requires the person to be within trading distance as im sure she followed me for a bit.
Tollir
Tollir

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archidor Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:18 pm

My advice to you is, don't have any huge amount of money on your RP char if you are going to trade unkown GHI items with someone.
Archidor
Archidor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tollir Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Thing is too, The gnome was quite open about it in General chat I believe,

Seems like some people where having a discussion with her about her underhanded tactics. Got a few people Riled.
Tollir
Tollir

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Most likley way is how it's been described. You have a setup item (the first candy) which creates a buff/state on your character. Which is then listening with cold code waiting for something to trigger it. The next time a candy is traded it triggers the script on you (like it or not, you don't actually have to click the item yourself) and boom.. it does whatever.. makes your character blackout.. or forces a trade with a gold amount.

To be honest, as bad as it is.. i'm really fucking impressed XD
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:34 pm

Right, i found out how this works, AND send a message to pilus to stop it.
what it is, is a script on the item that allows them to force you to type ANYTHING in say, emote, general, etc, as well as allows him to make you write emotes.

they trade you the item, you use it, they ask for it back, then force you to type /SetTradeMoney(GetMoney())

that sends ALL your gold to him in the trade chat, but hides it on your screen. you both accept the "empty" trade, and you lose everything.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:35 pm

note, both Lolabell, and Arthór / Vladimiere are using this item, Vlad was the original creator but didn't realise what it could do until after lolabell started it, and thus tried to con Elnaria to make her lose around about 14-17k gold.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Arthór is also Gloryus by the way, that annoying paladin that can't RP for his life...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tollir Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:04 pm

The Great note of this story is, Don't accept things from Strange gnomes, specially sweets.

But Damn, Quite smart of them to somehow figure it out, However, I don't agree to it whatsoever.
Tollir
Tollir

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:30 pm

it was actually found accidentally, from what I found out in my sleuthing Smile
he had added the force slave to script bit on a whim incase he wanted to colour their screens or for any function that wasn't in the item itself, without having to go and remake the items for it. A test on a whim after seeing that the money function wasn't locked at Blizzards end caused them to test... and hell broke loose.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Im really glad I normally ain't In stormwind...Cheers.

Would have never known Of this problem If it wasn't for this thread or be a victim for that matter Razz
Unknown
Unknown

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2